Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Harry Potter discussion

SIgmaBETA

My favorite character is Snape from the movie. I heard book Snape is way more of a jerk, and not saying those people dont exist. But i think Alan Rickman portrayal is better, because majority of people would be more detached from things when they have grudge growing up. So it just is better than book in my view.

Also i made a fanart of what i imagined Voldemort to look like from the description from the book

As compared to the movie where its slightly more funny, i mean you can say its kinda scary but i always feel its hilarious somewhat.

But who knows, maybe someone think my art is weird too so. Let me know what you think?

Voldemort is pronounced 'Voldemor', JK Rowling says | WIRED UK

3.png

I watched the movies once upon a time. But that was about it. I cannot remember much about the films, other than the fact that baldemart is the bad guy. The one in the movie looks like an alien, however. While your drawing is a closer aproximation to a lich/undead creature.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 1

Loved the movies but I didn't read the books though. Not sure who my favorite character is in the Harry Potter movies, but my favorite movie was either Deathly Hallows Part 2 or The Goblet of Fire.

Do not discuss the controversy regarding this franchise.

Please create a thread in the debate area for that.

• Brohoof 1

Love the books, the films, the Universal attraction, and the recent game. Since this is specifically tagged as a book, I still enjoy visiting them for the additional scenes and narrative that they couldn’t or didn’t fit into the films. Though not entirely novel in its approach (pun intended), I quite enjoyed how small mysteries or asides would become larger plot points in a later entry. Hagrid not being able to cast magic legally, Harry being a parslemouth, Scabbers, and the look that Dumbledote gives Harry at the end in Goblet of Fire. 

All hinted at something unsaid and were paid off excellently in later stories. By the fifth boom readers were trained to look for these and could start to find clues and theorycraft expertly. 

• Brohoof 1

Harry Potter Discussion

… oh don’t get me started with Harry Potter!

B4A8C764-3816-4B54-8917-469DEDF9A776.gif.f1999845c12920ac2a33b41c87cae09d.gif

My sister is finally on her spring break so we’re going to play Hogwarts together!! :yay::yay:

• Brohoof 1

Loved the movies growing up, watched all of them. I liked the books too, but I fell out of reading them after Goblet of Fire. I also played three of the games on PC when I was little too. The franchise whole though, I was always happily done with it after The Deathly Hallows movies the same way I was happily done with Marvel Cinematic Universe after Avengers: Endgame. Some franchises find a way to always stick with me, others, I outgrow at some point. 

I love the Harry Potter movies. My favorite is probably Chamber of Secrets, And while Hermoine is my favorite character, I think of Snape as one of the most misunderstood and underappreciated of the whole lot. I think James and Lili Potter are crap. Lili had a great thing going with the young Snape; true chemistry and an understanding that went way beyond James and his bullying, stupid antics to show off for his friends. So why should Lili suddenly drop Snape and marry that pig James? 

Snape loved Lili his whole life, and even his Patronus is the same as hers; a doe. He finally got a little bit of recognition in the final episode but not enough.

I liked the books but they got too long as the series went on, probably because everyone was afraid to edit J.K. Rowling's work when it was selling so well, even if it would have helped it. They got too wordy and bloated by the final book, which makes a gigantic blunder in the most pivotal sentence in the book; where it's revealed how the previous ownership of the various wands ultimately spelled the downfall of Voldemort in battle. 

Oh, and the Order of the Phoenix got tiresome to read because of the endless annoyance of Dolores Umbridge and the lack of adequate payback at the end. That really sucked.

Overall, I think the movies did a great job of cutting down the books into the right size and scope for the screen. The materiel was well chosen and I liked the scripts, if not always the direction (what's the deal with thet kiss between Ron and Hermoine in the last movie?? You can't even see their faces!)

Anyway, there's a lot to be said about these books and movies, but I could yammer all day, and no one wants that. Trust me.

• Brohoof 3

On 2023-03-14 at 4:47 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Anyway, there's a lot to be said about these books and movies, but I could yammer all day, and no one wants that. Trust me.

Oh you can definitely choose me as your Harry Potter discussion partner. Because I can just talk about Harry Potter non stop without knowing when to stop. :ButtercupLaugh:It takes a few people to remind interested on that topic for that long. That’s the challenging part since I never gotten enough out what I wanted to discuss :sunbutt:

Anyways, last week was great! My younger sister was off for Spring Break and so we got the chance to play Hogwarts that week! We haven’t gotten far yet with the story since we’ve just been doing more exploring and just literally enjoying every moment of it. It was literally the dream come true to be part of the wizardry world despite of being just a game. To experience almost every moments the characters goes through in the HP movie from our childhood :pinkie:! Props for the staffs who worked so hard adding almost every detail on this game. I love it how each of our characters does have their own personality and perks depending how you make your own and the voice you give them despite of some generic dialogue.  It’s nice too that we get to choose a character to befriended with and you can definitely tell the difference in the chemistry between your character and the NPC depending how you made your OC. The only complaint is sadly you can’t take them everywhere with you on your journey as they advertised. 

My favorite companion so far is Sebastian. With how I made my character, who seems to come out sounded like an arrogant but a pep up kind of guy, he matches perfectly with Sebastian and his character. He’s like this best guy friend I used to have.  The chemistry was perfect.  It was like we don’t want to show that we afraid of the authorities, rebellious, and cunning but we’re actually just one of those goofy “dumb and dumber” duo. Who also likes to get on each other’s nerves. :ButtercupLaugh: My character is also a Slytherin. My sister likes Natty more since her character’s (who is a Ravenclawms,) chemistry works better with Natty.

it just so interesting how the interactions works that way and the chemistry works differently depending how you made you characters.:dash:

• Brohoof 1

Read all the books, seen every movie, been a diehard fan since I was 11. Favorite movie is Prisoner of Azkaban. Favorite book might be Deathly Hallows or Goblet of Fire.

I will say the biggest issue I have with the movies is how they butchered Ron.

I love Hogwarts Legacy, best game in the series, though I did love the first 3 movie games on PC, too.