Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Do you get easily impressed when you walk into a library

SIgmaBETA

I've thought about that for the giant one where I grew up that's nearly 129 years old, but all of the others ive been to in my area just seem to serve their purpose and look like an open office space.

They offer a safe space and community resources, but theirs no lure of grandeur. If you find something you like, it's nice. In the big one though, it's like finding a treasure.

Haven’t been in one for awhile, but there’s a bookstore not far from me and I’ll usually stop in when walking by to browse what’s new. I like the atmosphere in there… because there’s a restaurant inside too so it smells nice :nom: 

There’s also a pretty big library downtown but it seems to be mostly used for event spaces. Nice stylish modern building.

Different perspective incoming:

Depends. I’ve spent so much time where I work that not much there impresses me lol. But if I visit others, yeah. We are kind of on the small side and it’s hard not to be jealous of the places with more tax money and better stuff. I wouldn’t trade my work environment though. We are all friendly with each other and I love that. 

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I’ve never been a big reader. I respond more to visual stimuli like movies and pictorial artwork. I mostly read to other people, and when I enjoy a book for myself it’s usually an audio book. Pathetic, I know, but that’s me.

3 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

To be honest I’ve never been a big reader. I respond more to visual stimuli like movies and pictorial artwork. I mostly read to other people, and when I enjoy a book for myself it’s usually an audio book. Pathetic, I know, but that’s me.

I'm usually fully impressed with whatever books are on a couple of front displays:coco:  

Ahhh I’m going to run down the memory lane writing this.

First time going to the library, and I won’t lie, is getting free internet access. Back when we have computers but no internet at home, going to the library to gain internet access to play online a games and surfing is consider luxury :proud:

F5128FF3-89AC-48C5-AD67-E122A06B3B14.gif.88f8730534e99efd34ca56e74480fa73.gif

I lOVE libraries :yay:! I tend to go twice and walk out with more books, then I return most times and tend to have 4-10 holds for books coming out!  Given I read about everyday is no shock to a lot of souls who have come to know me. Growing up, I spent a lot of time in the libraries with my mom or using the net back in the day.  I feel like it is the once place in all the world if anything all ppl are equal in a odd way.  I do buy books and have my own little library, I mean, I'm a first name base with my local used bookshop owners! Yet i always look at libraries this way : No matter where I go,  if there is a library,  part of me is home.

I have not set foot in a public library in years. I must have been in grade school when it last happened either 4th or 5th grade. Hell, I don’t even know if the one in my town is even open anymore. The reason I have not gone into a library is because I haven’t had a need to. I have never been much into reading and, by extension, libraries hold no purpose to me. I have seen photo of absolutely massive libraries which actually look amazing and I would definitely check one out but until I can do that, I won’t be visiting a library anytime soon.

Typically yee, but admittedly it’s been years since I Last been in one. Last time was…2008 when I used to work in the college library for work-study and god, loved every minute of it. ^^

• 1 month later...

It depends on the library. If the library has a selection of old and rare books, that will grab my attention.

I find interesting people's private library: to see what they have collected and how that may indicate their interests and, most interestingly, their worldview.

1 minute ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Never been into a private library:awed:  

O. By "private library" I did not necessarily mean someone who personally owns thousands of books themselves: it could be as small as someone's small collection of a half dozen books. I find it interesting to see what it is people decided to collect more generally (but I exclude those who buy books merely as decoration instead of as something to actually read or to have for reference).

I guess, yeah, but I'm generally floating towards the manga section as soon as I walk in. I do enjoy them for how quiet they are though.