Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you get a song stuck in your head?

dar tunsh

Lately I keep getting a single song temporarily imprinted on my brain. This time it's "Do You Believe in Life After Love" by Cher, and prior to that it was "Love Me Cheerilee".

What I do to get it out of my head is let it run its course... and by that I mean listen to it once or twice a day until it's out.

....do you believe in life after love? after love, after love, after love, after love... I can feel something inside me say, 'I really don't think you're strong enough now.'....

Anyways yeah just tell me what you do. XP

• Brohoof 2

When I get a song stuck in my head, I just mumbling the lyrics like an idiot for most of the day. Least till I fall asleep or hear an even more annoying tune

(edited)

I always have a song playing the the background of my mind. Typically pony song, especially "Smile, smile, smile," as they are fantastic for helping get through stressful times. And as far back as I can remember, my whole life has pretty much been one big stressful event, so having a good friendly pony song stuck in my head helps me get through the day.

So what do I do when a song is stuck in my head? I do everything I can to keep it there, often humming or singing it ;)

Edited by Klopp
  • Brohoof 2

Thanks, TC. Now that song is stuck in my head, too.

Actually, when a song gets stuck in my head, I usually okay with it. If it's a song I like, I'll listen to it a bunch. If not, I just deal with it, or listen to other really catchy stuff and get that stuck in my head. I like having songs I like stuck in my head.

I like to whistle it or hum it! I usually sing during work too so I'll sing it! Helps get it out of my mind for a little while!

Oh but one time I got the Royco Cup-A-Soup song stuck in my head... Lets just say that's one song you don't want stuck in your head ever!! :lol:

(edited)

If i like it, and it doesn't disturb, i let it play.

If i don't like it, and/or it disturbs, i usually searches my "head storage" for one i like instead, and get that one going instead.

Edited by Tiina Brown

I sing it, no matter where I am... I've begun to release my inner Pinkie Pie since I started watching ponies... I love to sing Smile Smile Smile, and it is usually the one that gets stuck in my head! It's so fun to sing!

• Brohoof 2

Depends. Half the time I either let it run its course. If it starts to bug me, I listen to that song, then follow it up with several other good, catchy, memorable songs for a while. I find its a pretty effective method to getting a song out of your head.

I tend to listen to it once to try to jostle it loose, then play a whole bunch of something else to replace it. Maybe play a bunch of guitar. In the case of the most recent song stuck in my head, however, I've just kept looping it over, and over...

Depending on the song and the place if I am at home. I put youtube o repeat and I can hear the same song for hours until i get sick of it

;p I also do humm it if I am outside or something like that

If it a song I dont like I will put a song that most of the times gets stuck in my head to get rid of the bad one

that rarely happens to me, but when it does, i just try and play the hell out of that song. more often than not it is enjoyable. it's a lot more annoying if i don't have it running, because then i will imagine it in my head all the time.

(edited)

If I get a song stuck in my head, one of 2 things happens. (I need to make a chart of this)

If I like the song, then I will sing it if I know the words, if not I hum it.

If I don't like the song, then it is like the worst part of the day as I can't get rid of the song.

If it is a pony song THEN I SING IT GLORIOUSLY! (Except pony rap songs, I don't like rap too much enough to sing it)

Edited by CeIestia

(edited)

If you like the song that's stuck in your head

a. Humm it, or sing it

b. Play that song some more. On repeat. (it'll get old after a while, and you'll eventually move on)

Else if you don't like the song stuck in your head

a. Quickly find a different song you like, or get addicted to, and play it loudly

b. Find a way to distract yourself from the song as long as possible, and don't even THINK about the song ever again.

Edited by Jay6

I give in to it, basically. Get a copy of it on my MP3 player and treat it like a drug and listen to it to no end. Next thing you know, you're actually able to move on sooner and your obsession of the song becomes reduced to a good weighed amount. IDK it just worked for me, and it's helped me identify whether I really like the song or not, as if I really do like it then it means that I can keep going back to the song without skipping it. If after the 'drugged process' my playlist decides to go to the song and I skip it then it means that it was a false alarm for me liking a song.

an MP3 player has been a very big part of my life for that sole reason :P

I kind of like getting songs stuck in my head (it gives me something to listen to). If I really do want to get something out of my head I listen to another song until I forget the first, but then the next song gets stuck in my head! :P

Try this maybe:

when a song gets stuck in my head (whether I like it or not, unfortunately) I'll hum or sing it then listen to it a few times when I get home, unless I'm already home, but i'm usually to distracted while at home for it to bug me

I have Winter Wrap Up stuck in my head, for who knows how long xP But I just sing along to it in my head xP

me too! It's so catchy!

also most of the time I don't get entire songs stuck in my head, just lyrics from miscellaneous parts of the song