Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv When did you first get a TV in your bedroom?

Reecejackox

Depends what you mean exactly by TV.

I had access to a portable DVD player when I was 8, but I rarely brought it into my bedroom because I would just watch things on the TV in the living room or in my parent's bedroom. Then there was the divorce when I was 10 or so, and I only had access to the player every other weekend after that, and I wasn't staying in a bedroom I could call my own when I had it.

At age 14 I had an actual CRT TV but it didn't work properly and wasn't really set up to anything so that was gone within a year, and I was given a used iPhone soon after and could watch YouTube via our home wifi. Half a dozen smart phones and my own service later and that's how I still do it?

When I was 6, at least. A simple 18" Cathode Ray Tube, but it wasn't cable ready, it needed the forked adapter for that. I didn't have a VCR, and never mind DVD since that wasn't a thing yet, that was in the den on the 27" TV. I did have a cable box though, but Cartoon Network was not yet born at that time, so Nickelodeon and Nick-at-Night for me. Was a time when I couldn't sleep without the glow of the TV there, now it's the reverse.

Well my first "TV" was a TV PCI card for my computer. That was probably around '03 or '04. I was about 15. It was over the air antenna. I got a CRT TV at a garage sale for like $15 around 2005, when I was like 17. I finally got cable in my room when when I was like 25 when we got carpet upstairs and I routed cable through the floor to a few other rooms also. The main thing I was happy about was that I could watch MLP as it aired :squee:. Rainbow Falls was the first episode I saw live.

Now at my house I just have over the air and streaming.

Never ever had a TV in my room but I had a TV card for new computer that I got in 1999. If anyone is wondering which monitor I had back then it was a Nokia 447Zi.

Edited by zerox
  • Brohoof 1

No TV but a PC instead. I was like 9-10 and played games there almost everyday. You can I’m one of the earliest PC player before it become ‘cool’. :secret:
32EB1D48-D0C3-4766-9526-529E690F5667.thumb.jpeg.dfb7b2bd34d274a407cc1e5d4eaa2cf7.jpeg

Quite late as I've never put much importance to it. I think I was around 12 years old and even then it was only connected to my PC so I can watch movies on it. 

I was more of a video games/internet person so it still was mostly gathering dust though :muffins:

• 2 weeks later...

I got a B&W 12 inch TV in my room when I was 12 or 13. It wasn’t hooked up to cable, VCR, DVD, or any gaming system. It was primitive and, at the time, perfect for my needs. It doesn’t have to be fancy to be good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I had one pretty much ever since I was born? At least since 4, that's the earliest I remember watching things on it. It was a very, very old tube TV that had color adjusting knobs on the front I believe, but it's been so long that might be wrong. I had an equally old VCR setup alongside it and then eventually a DVD/VCR combo player. I had that until like 2012 or so when my parents bought me a proper flat screen TV that's still used around their house.

• 3 weeks later...

oh, never - at the last place we used to live in, my parents had a CRT in theirs, but i never had any TVs in mine. never needed one. at some point, going on the internet was adequate enough of a replacement for television. and i always had a computer in my room.

I think I was like, five years old. They trusted me since I only had like a SNES or a VCR hooked up to it. I don't remember. 

They didn't know I figured out how to unplug everything and switch it to TV mode. First TV show I ever tuned into by myself was Kung Fu with David Carridine.