Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Military Ponies

dedacct6

I haven't drawn military ponie in a while -_-

So I wanted to see How I'd do now, so there you go.

Here are the ponies

In creation v

post-15561-0-18800300-1390253486_thumb.jpg

post-15561-0-24355800-1390253507_thumb.jpg

post-15561-0-37146200-1390253529_thumb.jpg

post-15561-0-12938800-1390253553_thumb.jpg

Finished v

post-15561-0-12938800-1390253553_thumb.jpg

Hope you like it, I think the gillie suit guy looks odd but I think it's just me...

Please reply and tell me what you think ;)

Edited by Pelate
  • Brohoof 10

Wow! thats pretty good! way better than anything I could draw! Good Work. I agree with you the Ghille suit pony looks a little odd, but the others are pretty good. Only thing I could critisise is the guns look a bit too small. Otherwise, I'd rate it 9.4/10

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I though the pony on the far left was just really hairy or something but, he is just a bush wookie. :P

Yea, I was afraid people would think he looked like that, I go a bit too ambitious when I decided to draw a gillie suit...

Just so you are aware, I have already taken care of your duplicate thread so no need to worry further.  If something like that does happen again, please be sure to file a report so that we are aware of the situation and can resolve it.  Now then...

I must say that I really find this drawing rather charming.  The anatomy is solid and you have represented the show's style quite well.  It is also a nice touch that you went out of your way to try to make each character different, even if it was a difference in attire (though the pony on the right seems to be missing thier cutie mark).  And I personally like the Ghile pony and his 'ghost' cutie mark (though I must say I had to look quite hard to see his hoof around the butt of his rifle; I may be blind that way).

However, there are a couple things that seem a bit off to me.  The weapons, primarily the shotgun and assault rifle. seem rather small in comparison to the size of the ponies' bodies.  Might I also suggest experimenting with different angles for the body?  Right now, the middle and right pony are standing in the exact same position and it can be rather odd looking and throws off the composition a bit.  Even the slightest turn in either character would  give your piece more diveristy and draw more interest.

You did a great job with this one and I hope you consider creating more of these military ponies in the future.  I do not know why, but I find the concept rather appealing.  

Edited by SkyBound
  • Brohoof 1

Ghille suit looks like a big ol' pile of nothing, which is perfect, cause that's exactly what it should look like (see my ghille suit in my avatar for reference)

These are pretty awesome, dude. Capture the vibe of grunts pretty accurately. My only critique, is have 'em look less serious! The "smoking and joking," look more accurately represents soldiers mid-way through a deployment. Six months into a tour and all fucks go right out the window, haha.

• Brohoof 1

Very nice job! The shading, detail, and anatomy seems to be all in great shape, I think you did splendid on this. I will agree with SkyBound on the weapons, though, they seem a pit diminutive.

Is the soldier pony all the way on the right supposed to be a blank flank soldier that hasn't earned his stripes yet?

If so, that's pretty awesome!

• Brohoof 1

Neat ponies! I love more traditional artwork, even if it's just pencil sketches. I salute you!

If you're willing to take a little criticism I'd like to point just a couple of things out: As a dork who regularly draws helmets for my character (hard hats thou) I like to make the helmets a little more shallow, tall helmets seems to elongate the head too much. Perhaps just flatten the tops a bit? I like to take this as a reference. Also, I like big guns, they're a bit tiny there. BIG GUNS ARE SWEET!

Edited by Scoutt
  • Brohoof 2