Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BlueEyedPegasus

I understand that I myself was recently banned from TV Tropes due to the edit war concerning the MLP: FIM entries on the Broken Aesop page. Currently, they are:

** In the episode "Swarm of the Century," the lesson is that you should always listen to your friends, even if what they say doesn't make sense. Pinkie has the solution to the problem, but she just demands that everyone help her without telling them how or why, and when another method almost works, she screws it up by not listening to ''them''. [[AccidentalAesop It's a better illustration of how important it is to explain yourself properly if you want to get your ideas across to others.]]
** In the generally infamous "The Mysterious Mare Do Well", the moral imparted by the Mane 6 on Rainbow Dash at the end of the episode is that humility and humbleness is necessary in the wake of great success. Not only did the other five ponies brag about their own contributions to Mare-Do-Well's achievements in front of Rainbow Dash, it still took all of them working in a team to just barely outdo her, which is pretty damn impressive.
** "A Friend In Deed" aims to teach that you can't force someone to be your friend, and that if someone doesn't want you hanging around them all the time, you should give them their space. The problem is that Pinkie doesn't leave him alone until she figures out what she needs to do to endear herself to him.
** "Rainbow Falls" presents Rainbow Dash with the choice of competing with the Ponyville team, who are terrible but counting on her, or the Cloudsdale team, who are great flyers but have been retconned into jerks. The intended Aesop is that one should be loyal to one's friends in the face of temptation, but the episode never addresses the fact that Rainbow Dash never feels comfortable talking to said friends about her problem. In fact, Twilight Sparkle, the only pony who notices that RD has been practicing with the other team, confronts Rainbow with hostility and guilt rather than support. Ultimately, the show's Aesop is closer to "Silently sacrificing is better than communication, since your friends will abandon you at the slightest hint of betrayal."

Except for the Mare Do Well one, I just don't think these entries are eligible for Broken Aesops. Anybody agree? Why or why not?

Rainbow Falls does have a broken aesop because, even when Rainbow Dash was told to choose one of the two teams instead she faked an injury to avoid choosing her friends or the ponies who she idolizes. As for Mare Do Well, I couldn't tell at all.

Rainbow Falls does have a broken aesop because, even when Rainbow Dash was told to choose one of the two teams instead she faked an injury to avoid choosing her friends or the ponies who she idolizes. As for Mare Do Well, I couldn't tell at all.

I can just sense that that does not make it a broken aesop. It was merely a case of Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Dash and does not, in any way, break the episode's moral which still manages to leave an impression on Rainbow Dash in the end. Hope that helps.

I can just sense that that does not make it a broken aesop. It was merely a case of Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Dash and does not, in any way, break the episode's moral which still manages to leave an impression on Rainbow Dash in the end. Hope that helps.

But what lead up to Rainbow Dash learning the moral, could say otherwise. Thanks for the help though.

But what lead up to Rainbow Dash learning the moral, could say otherwise. Thanks for the help though.

You're welcome. In a sense, Rainbow Dash was being completely indecisive until at least one of her friends got her to think straight.

You're welcome. In a sense, Rainbow Dash was being completely indecisive until at least one of her friends got her to think straight.

Can't argue with that logic, but I just wish she would make the decision without Twilight having to tell her.