Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cheerilee and Macintosh sitting in a tree....

Lighthope

I think the people who go on spiels about the overemphasis on romantic relationships are the ones overreacting here. Just having Cheerilee and Big Mac together wouldn't constitute an excessive importance of romantic relationships. If anything, most of us, including me, would find it really cute. It's when whole storylines focus on romance that we can say the excesses are present.

Cheerilee's swoon in Filli Vanilli wasn't the first hint at these two liking each other. In Just For Sidekicks, Cheerilee and Big Macintosh can be seen walking together in the background. :)

640px-Screwy_looking_at_butterflies_S3E1

This type of subtle romance is perfectly harmless. I doubt the show will ever explicitly make these two canon, especially considering they're both supporting characters who rarely take the focus of an episode, but minor cameos and Easter eggs such as these add for some fun detail without delving too heavily into romantic territory which is something MLP has never and should not focus too heavily on.

As for Twilight and Flash, save that relationship for Equestria Girls only. :PIf that.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

Me and my friend were saying it'd be great to have an episode that was just about big-mac. Like, he doesn't actually say much but you just follow him through his normal day. Wakes up, works on the farm, meets up with cheerilee and the goes back to bed and cuddles with smarty pants.