Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cheerilee and Macintosh sitting in a tree....

Lighthope

Okay, probably reading way more into this than intended....

But does Cheerilee still have a thing for Big Macintosh from Hearts and Hooves Day last year?  She certainly swooned big time when she (thought she) heard him singing that bass line.

And honestly, would a little character development along those lines be such a bad thing?

We've had months now to digest Twilight and Flash.  Yes, they said they wouldn't follow up with it any more.  But with (ugh!) Equestria Girls 2 coming out, how can they not?  Unless they just don't have the character there any more.  (And didn't Flash have a cameo this season?)

Would it really be so bad if Twilight and Flash started to have a thing?  A little romance is the subject of many a young girl's stories.

Or is that too much?  Is Twilight off limits for that?  Should Macintosh and Cheerilee get together?

I think it'd be cute, actually.

Pearls of Wisdom - Enough chit chat, time is candy! - Pinkie Pie ("Luna Eclipsed" - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Edited by Lighthope
  • Brohoof 1

A little romance is the subject of many a young girl's stories.

Actually it's a subject in almost ALL young girl's stories.

I don't mind a little romance. I'm all for ships I like. However, part of the charm of FiM is that it DOESN'T have that. It seems that romance for women is put up on this pedestal of UTMOST IMPORTANCE. Like if you don't have a boyfriend or want to get married, then you're weird.

Romantic relationships are viewed as SO important, like it's a requirement of being a functional human being. I get almost unanimously surprised reactions when I say I'm a 23 year old woman that's never been on a date or kissed. OH GOD, THERE MUST BE SOMETHING TERRIBLY WRONG!! YOU POOR, POOR LONELY GIRL YOU!! D8

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 4

There's a reason for that.  I know you're not suggesting that a conspiracy by The Writer's Union and Greeting Card Symposium to condition girls for romance.  But it is true that almost all young girl stories have romance because they respond to that.

Romantic relationships are viewed as SO important, like it's a requirement of being a functional human being.

Well, actually it kind of is.  That's how we get little human beings.  :yay: :yay: :yay:

There might be a little something between them, but I think that it was probably a joke just by the animators.

Oh probably.  But like I said, I wouldn't mind a little romance thrown in there.  Not the "they start dating and we have to endure an entire relationship" plot..  If I wanted that angst, I'd go watch The Big Bang Theory.

But maybe a little acknowledgement that something is there.  Maybe Cheerilee and Big Macintosh are enough in the background to get away with it.

I mean, goodness knows we're not going to get anything out of Rarity and Spike.  Could Spike have been more caviler about Rarity's crush on that pony or what?

• Brohoof 1

But it is true that almost all young girl stories have romance because they respond to that.

But that's not the only thing in the world that girls respond too, nor is it the only thing in the world that matters. But that is how it is often portrayed. Whether or not a relationship works out is a big deal to an individual. But it's not the only struggle you're going to have to face in your life.

Well, actually it kind of is. That's how we get little human beings.

Uh, by functional human being, I mean an individual who has a happy, fulfilled life.

Yeah, reproduction is a necessary part of the continuation of a species, but if one person is not interested in romance or kids, that does not make their life less meaningful or happy.

• Brohoof 2

Ms. Cherilee and Macintosh make a nice couple in my opinion.

I would like to say the same for Twilight and Flash, but Flash has yet to become a more developed character.

I got to say that little clip was adorable :3... I think the writers did that as a look back to the Hearts and Hooves day episode. I mean valentines day was two days ago so I think that was planned. Big mac is a great character though he would be a really good choice for Cheerilee out of any of the stallions for sure that is.

:3 I don't hate big mac he is a great character out of all  the shippings in the show they both work the best together. But xD I still would rather them keep as friends there goes my envy  :razz:

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 3

Well, big mac and cheerilee are secondary characters so if they were hugging in the background that'd be fine. But twilight is a main character, so we can't really have her getting into a relationship. The only reason why hearts and hooves day was a thing was because it was SOOOO over the top that little girls would go all cringy and giggly.

No. No flash sentry. I'd rather they start fresh with a new character than bring him back. They've already condemned twilight and brad to the "cliche high school romance" graveyard.
I'm not totally against romance in MLP, but they can't go about it the way they did in EG.
If they wanna do romance, I want it to be slow and feel genuine. Frozen is a great example of how write a good romantic interest.

As for Cheerilee and Big Mac...... I already ship FlutterMac :/ I wouldn't be upset if CheeriMac became canon though, because it actually seems like a realistic way two people might actually fall in love (kids try to hook up two people, they laugh it off as silly, then actually start to consider it, and eventually date for real)

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

I prefer for any characters besides them to bond normally in a way that doesn't require help or establishments set by others like the CMC in hearts and hooves day.

Cheerlie does seem to have a thing for big mac, but I guess only time and the writers will tell if they really do have something.

Romance in MLP:FiM is fine as:

-An occasional one episode plot here or there.

-When used to teach general, practical lessons about friendship and love.

Simple Ways is a good example of such an episode. We should never drastically change ourselves to try to make someone else our friend or our lover.

I would be fine with CheeriMac although I think they are merely good friends who look back and laugh at their unexpected love encounter from time to time.  :)

• Brohoof 5

I had a similar thought when I saw Cheerilee's swoon at Big Mac. Honestly I think it would be nice if the writers explored that relationship a little more.

I'd be slightly more opposed to a mane six character getting into a relationship - simply because I don't think that's what the show's supposed to be about. Background characters are one thing, but if we start to have a plot focused about a romantic relationship with a mane character then... Eh, I'd have reservations. Not saying the writers couldn't pull it off or anything, but there's better directions for the show to go.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind a little romance. I'm all for ships I like. However, part of the charm of FiM is that it DOESN'T have that. It seems that romance for women is put up on this pedestal of UTMOST IMPORTANCE. Like if you don't have a boyfriend or want to get married, then you're weird.

Romantic relationships are viewed as SO important, like it's a requirement of being a functional human being. I get almost unanimously surprised reactions when I say I'm a 23 year old woman that's never been on a date or kissed. OH GOD, THERE MUST BE SOMETHING TERRIBLY WRONG!! YOU POOR, POOR LONELY GIRL YOU!! D8

well, men like me don't have it easier, if you are virgin, you are a fag and deserve to be ridiculized and felt sorry for, as if I didn't wanted it that way Edited by Zekromic

well, men like me don't have it easier, if you are virgin, you are a fag, there is no importance in love

Well I would like to praise you for being a rare and special individual that doesn't do something because "everyone else is doing it".

*salutes*

If I ever had a relationship, I'd prefer the guy be a virgin. But the odds are slim unfortunately.

It won't make that special guy any less special, but I'd be far more impressed.

I still ship them, it would make sense for them to talk due to the experience with love potions they got.

Would it really be so bad if Twilight and Flash started to have a thing? 

Since they just about shoved it down everyone's throat, by making it forced...yes. It's a very bad concept, and gives a falsehood to it in real life.

• Brohoof 1

Well to be honest they would make a cute couple O u O But I don't know if they really will get together though. O n O I don't want to get my hope's up. 

It was super adorable to see her faint over his/flutterguy singing. >u< But I was wondering why Big Mac didn't do anything back after she did that cute little faint Q . Q; 
I was thinking maybe he wanted to focus on trying to follow flutterguy's words but he seemed less nervous after that. Like if he did a cute wink or something but maybe its 
just Cheerilee who might have feelings for him or like someone posted on here.

There might be a little something between them, but I think that it was probably a joke just by the animators

I was thinking this too > u <; Cause I don't think Hasbro would start doing shipping to characters cause they want Us the Fans to like whoever we like with them, Like if Anyone likes Cheerilee with another pony then they freely can same with Big Macintosh. But also I could be totally wrong who knows what Hasbro will do ^ u ^ But for now I don't mind there cute Friendship unless it does develop into a relationship I would be soooooooo happy for them!  :yay: 

Edited by VanillaMist
  • Brohoof 1

I was thinking this too > u <; Cause I don't think Hasbro would start doing shipping to characters cause they want Us the Fans to like whoever we like with them

What? Besides the fact, fanshipping is always a shitstorm waiting to happen (and most of them are just pointless), I really doubt that's what Hasbro is thinking. They're more then likely not going with shipping, because it doesn't affect toy sales.

I love you!

Exactly my thought's. I don't even have anything to add, you already said all :)

• Brohoof 1

What? Besides the fact, fanshipping is always a shitstorm waiting to happen (and most of them are just pointless), I really doubt that's what Hasbro is thinking. They're more then likely not going with shipping, because it doesn't affect toy sales.

I agree I already knew that Hasbro would never do shipping or fanshipping at all ^ ^;; And I meant to put it this way that They don't care who we pair them with but they won't do it of course we have the freedom to like any pony with another pony. I hope I am not making this sound confusing if I am I'm really sorry and don't want to start anything. > ~ <;

Edited by VanillaMist

Since they just about shoved it down everyone's throat, by making it forced...yes. It's a very bad concept, and gives a falsehood to it in real life.

Everything about Equestria Girls was shoved down our throats.  There's not a hint of subtlety in that entire movie.  So I don't think Flash/Twilight stood out as more criminal than any other plotline they threw out there.

Pearls of Wisdom - I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford.  Then I want to move in with them.

• Brohoof 1