Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help for Project

skysweep

Hello there people. I have been planning a rather ambitious project for a while now, and I think its time I started looking for help.

Before you all start, no, its not some mumbo-jumbo project with a huge team already. Its just me.

I have been hoping to carry out a sort of synchronised brony street performance all over the world. Its meant to serve a huge variety of purposes, from helping bullied and harassed people(and raising awareness for them) to being plain awesome.

The obligation is helping is that you must be willing to spend some time to work on the project, and is able to keep to deadlines and is at least 16 years old(legal requirements of being an organizer; don't want any legal trouble now) And of course, must understand English, and would be helpful if you knew the local language too.

However I cannot do this alone. This is why I am asking for any people who would be interested in helping organize such a thing to post on this thread their;

Country of residence and its UTC (basically its timezone)
(Relevant)Skills possessed
Willingness and capability to shoulder responsibility at International, Regional, National, and City levels.

I know I may not have that many resources, but every project has to start somewhere. Might as well here. If you need something clarified, send a PM to me. Would like to keep this thread clear. Also, if you dont like the idea and may think its crazy/stupid just dont post here, please. We are all nice people, are we not? But I would need to know what people think, so also post your thoughts on it here. Just dont get abusive.
Thank you to all people who are willing to help.

*edit* Just to let you all know, it is just a short version, I am not doing this on a whim, it is months in the planning already.

*Edit (Again) You just need to be turning 16 this year at the least, I do not think the planning will require you to be 16 until December.

Also, its Ok if you do not have a lot of free time, you can help too! The plans do call for some people to just aid as and when they can, not everyone needs to make it their life goal.

*update*

Ok, I am really hoping more people will take notice. It is an interesting project, and I do hope people will see it in this way too. Remember, this is also to help others in need. A performance it might be, but people who have undergone tough emotional times will know how much a single idea can spark hope in someone. 

We all know so many times where people are bullied, assaulted, fired and abused because they are bronies. If you really want to give this increasingly crazy world a good slap in the face, this is the way to do it, not by running down the street in protest, but in bringing the world to a show. To demonstrate the values we embody in a Equestrian way. 

If you truly care for others in this fandom, we need to put aside our fears and shadows, and step into the light, so bronies all over can see why they should be proud. No more of cases of bronies driven to suicide, with a recent one being Michael Morones. 

Do we really want to stand by idly while these people suffer, and only stepping in when its too late? I think not. We should stand as a beacon for them, and send a message to all of them. Instead of saying, "oh, we bronies know how its like to be disliked by everyone," Let us SHOW them what we mean, in the way they know best.

And if we look stupid, so what? Instead of a world of sadness, some silliness will help the 1 million who take their lives each year to see something funny in the world again. Think about it, we should be doing something for all these people, brony or not. Think, we can literally save a million people. a million lives. Is that not worth your time and effort, and some guts to perform? 

Come on people, let us do this!

Edited by skysweep
  • Brohoof 3

Well this sounds very interesting. I haven't really heard any idea's like this one before. I'll join if you'd let me.

Country of Residence and UTC: United States, GMT/UTC - 6h during Standard Time, 5h during DST.

Skills possessed: Well I'm going to guess you mean social skills? Most of the time I'm really good in awkward social situations. And I can always handle a crowd. But a lot of the time I use my skills to break up fights or finish arguments... So would that count?
Willingess and capability to shoulder responsibility at International, Regional, National, and City levels: I am very willing. As I said above, I'm very good at handling crowds, and those who backtalk me get a piece of my mind (which isn't a good thing, since I'm probably going insane)...

NOTE: I turn 16 in July.

Edited by ~Immortal DJAlicorn~

Just to tell you guys, Its fine you are not 16 yet, so long as you turn 16 this year, you can help.

And Scootalove, you dont have to spend every waking hour on this, you can just help in little scatterings, there are places for that in the plan. So now you know, willing to help?

• Brohoof 2

Just to tell you guys, Its fine you are not 16 yet, so long as you turn 16 this year, you can help.

YAY!  :yay:

My country is Equestria...

Wait! Different self.

Actually, my country is USA and Western Mountain Time. 

My skills are:

• General Intellect I suppose. I have a HUGE database in my brain full of random knowledge that I pick up and piece together.
  • Computer programming, but I'm not sure if that will be useful for the project...
  • Planning I guess could be one... because I've noticed I always seem to make sure I KNOW what is going on. Think of it like I have a schedule for schedules in my mind.
  • Open-mindedness. Even though I'm not too strong in social interaction, I am able to avoid arguments with my open mind. It's not that I buy into everything, it's just that I see everything as a possibility. I suppose this can also mean I have optimism too...

So, responsibility... I feel like I can handle that. The only problem I see in this is my ability to only be able to have internet access for 2 to 4 hours. Besides that, I feel pretty confident in my abilities. :)

By the way, would it be best if we knew a lot of different friends who are bronies around the community? I've started to find many different bronies around my school, and even more at my old school. I'm even considering starting a brony club sometime in the fall once school starts again.  :squee:

YAY!  :yay:

My country is Equestria...

Wait! Different self.

Actually, my country is USA and Western Mountain Time. 

My skills are:

• General Intellect I suppose. I have a HUGE database in my brain full of random knowledge that I pick up and piece together.
  • Computer programming, but I'm not sure if that will be useful for the project...
  • Planning I guess could be one... because I've noticed I always seem to make sure I KNOW what is going on. Think of it like I have a schedule for schedules in my mind.
  • Open-mindedness. Even though I'm not too strong in social interaction, I am able to avoid arguments with my open mind. It's not that I buy into everything, it's just that I see everything as a possibility. I suppose this can also mean I have optimism too...

So, responsibility... I feel like I can handle that. The only problem I see in this is my ability to only be able to have internet access for 2 to 4 hours. Besides that, I feel pretty confident in my abilities. :)

By the way, would it be best if we knew a lot of different friends who are bronies around the community? I've started to find many different bronies around my school, and even more at my old school. I'm even considering starting a brony club sometime in the fall once school starts again.  :squee:

Oh...wonderful! It would be great if you knew a lot of bronies. 

In fact, as a side note, to people wanting to help, also recommend your friends to come help too(Dont put them here on their behalf and blame me)

Edited by skysweep
  • Brohoof 1

I may be interested. I have a lot to bring to the table actually, both skills wise and and idea wise. I was already working on something of my own but would be interested in your ideas.

Really? Do tell me of your ideas, and for documentation's sake, I will need to ask you the questions in the first post so I know who wants to do what.  Those were:

Willingness and capability to shoulder responsibility at International, Regional, National, and City levels.

Really? Do tell me of your ideas, and for documentation's sake, I will need to ask you the questions in the first post so I know who wants to do what.  Those were:

I live in Canada on the west coast in Vanhoover. 

Skills... soon to be legendary... :I'm a construction foreman so you might say i have a lot of skills related to building things. I can work on cars and love to tinker with things. I'm a computer person and did a couple years in IT. Not exactly a master but way above average. Spiritual skills... do they even count?

What makes you think I already don't? I'm already out there representing outside my day job. I already know what the weight of the world feels like. Willingness and capability... I'm here to hear you ideas cause i draw closer to execution of my own and can still do so at my choosing.

Skills

• Musician - I've been a musician for 15 years now and I can play many songs on the piano. I can also play the saxaphone. 
  • Memory - It does not take me that long to memorize certain things
  • Creativity - I can come up with great ideas very quickly

I live in Canada on the west coast in Vanhoover. 

Skills... soon to be legendary... :I'm a construction foreman so you might say i have a lot of skills related to building things. I can work on cars and love to tinker with things. I'm a computer person and did a couple years in IT. Not exactly a master but way above average. Spiritual skills... do they even count?

What makes you think I already don't? I'm already out there representing outside my day job. I already know what the weight of the world feels like. Willingness and capability... I'm here to hear you ideas cause i draw closer to execution of my own and can still do so at my choosing.

Ah.....Well, my idea is simply meant to coordinate brony performances all over the globe. It is also meant to come up with a schedule for people who are participating to help, and dont have any ideas of their own. Of course it would be themed around music and dance, but there is nothing wrong with speeches or any other idea(just so long as it does not stress the law, or bores people to sleep)

But the way the plans are laid out means there is a ton of space for collaboration and flexibility. So I would be more than happy to work with you and accept your ideas as well. This is also why I just wanted to document what willingness, ideas and skill-set, the may be some people like you who would have their own strong ideas that cannot be mixed up in the mess of a project discussion. 

But it would be nice to know what your idea actually is. Dont get me wrong, I never doubted your abilities and wisdom. What I intend to say is that this project will need people like you, who have a wealth of experience. 

Edited by skysweep

Skills: Writer, promoter, game modder, musician(Still in self-training), and singer.

Responsibility: There isn't really much I can do from here, where I am now. I could promote and advertise this event online to the best of my abilities, but I'm afraid that's all I'll be able to do.