Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Final Expense: Wrath Of The Crystal Empire (Romance/Action/Drama)

Paladin Butters

Time 9:35PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Port Karin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Captain Vincent looked up at the sky. "Eh, what do you think gentle men?" Vincent asked. "We must act now, we were given an order." Lucus replied. "Not yet Lucus, if we push this too far somepony might put their nose where it shouldn't be!" The Stranger interrupted. "C'mon Vincent it's your complete crew, do what you wish!" Said Philip. Fen pulled out a dagger and slammed it into the table. "If we don't hold back it will be the end of us!" Fen screeched.

Captain Vincent looked at the entire group of Bandits. "What be your plan of action then? Take a vote!" He replied. "If ye think that you shouldn't do the plan, put yer hoof up."

Philip and Fen raised their hoof. "Now opposite?" Captain Vincent continued. The Stranger and Lucus raised their hoof, since they were almost at a stand tall, Vincent raised his hoof along with Lucus. "So, so it be that we strike in a few days, any pony gets in your way kill them." Vincent finished.

The bartender was quiet. As David approached the stallion sitting. As he got in front of him and started to talk, he replied. "You should know better then thinking you be tough.." Said Captain Megreggor. He had a dark cloak on and a robot eye. "Tough things be in these waters, and I bet you be the one who would be even interested aren't we?" Said Captain Megreggor.

David was silent as he listened to the pony that turned out to be Captain Megreggor spoke to him. Finally after the captain is finished speaking, David says, "I've been an adventurer all my life. The sea is the only place I haven't had the privilege of exploring yet. Me and my friend there" he points to Mirage, " Would like passage on your ship. Danger isn't a problem, at least not for me. I'd be willing to help you hunt Krakyn if it means adventure, and possibly some bits as well."

@@Mirage X Dash

@@Charcoal Embers, @@Charcoal Embers,

Stonewall sighed and gave her a wry smile. "I've no intentions to lie to you about something such as that," he chuckled. "Of that you can be assured. If there is an issue more than likely you will hear it straight from me, at the first moment that it'd be appropriate of course. After all, sometimes one has to shoulder some burdens for a better purpose." He saw their destination ahead of them and he fell silent for a moment, his eyes stern. "Though I do not mean to be an alarmist, I will mention that I'll be watching for signs of... inconsistency. It might be prudent to keep an eye on that Madam you mentioned earlier, yes?"

(edited)

David nods to Mirage and says "A drink for my friend to, if you please. Also, if you could point me to a Captain Megreggor. I'm told that if he's handling the Krakyn hunting." David looks over his shoulder at the robbed figure then says, "bar tender, sorry to bother you, but one more drink would be good." Turning to Mirage, David says "Mirage, I have to meet with someone. If you could find out who this Captain is that we're supposed to meet, and get us to passes on to his ship, I'd be most grateful." @@Mirage X Dash

David slaps a bag of bits on the counter for the drinks and grabs his and the extra. Walking over to the mysterious figure, he says in a hushed tone, "Being shady is thirsty business. Have a drink, and tell me if I can help."

@@Paladin Butters

Captain Megreggor, got out of his chair, and observed the two stallions. "If it be your decision you can join my crew, and help my ship! Ye be warned, we have to go out far in sea to find the beasts. It's where they were last time!" Captain Megreggor finished. The Bartender was back behind the counter, washing up his last customers messes for the night.

@ @@Charcoal Embers

Gavin looked up at the sky. "I forgot how late it was, where should we make camp? OR do you want to keep traveling?" Gavin asked.

Edited by Paladin Butters

Thunder docked his ship at Port Karin. He walked off the ship to the nearest tavern, looking for a crew to sail the seas and plunder booty and ships.

Walking into the tavern he takes a look around the rather posh folks around him who seemed rather surprised that a 'filthy homeless pony' were to come in.

@@Paladin Butters, @,

Charcoal nodded at Stone. "Well... that is definitely a tempting offer... but I don't know if I want to do that just yet. It is just a hunch for now and until I find a real reason to not trust her then I think I will chose to leave it be for now." Charcoal said while thinking hard about it. When she heard Gavin ask his question she looked up to notice that he was right. "Wow... time sure flies. How much further do we have?"

@@Charcoal Embers @

The air was starting to have a bitterness too it as the night sunk in, and the trio of ponies that were walking to Zexis Del Tor' are gaining in on their goal.

"We have about 4 miles left." Gavin said as he sat on a rock. "Do you want to keep going or stay here for the night?" Gavin asked.

@@Charcoal Embers, @@Paladin Butters,

Stonewall looked over at Gavin and nodded. "Stopping here seems to be a decent idea," he replied. "There's a copse of tree's we can settle in to for the night, find some firewood and such. That and there's not a whole lot of cover for a while after this if memory serves." The gathering of trees he mentioned was just off the side of the road. The lower branches would hover only a couple of feet above their heads. "We might make it there if we keep moving, but we'd be completely worn out and frozen."

Edited by Higurashi

@@Charcoal Embers @

Gavin respected the Stallion for his thinking process, but he only knows to serve the one who leads him. He turned and looked at Charcoal Embers "It's honestly up to you, Charcoal." Gavin replied.

The wind was starting to pick up, and the tree's shuttered within the breeze. As soon as this happened Charcoal heard something in her ear. Charcoal...Charcoal....Charcoal...Char- as the wind carried away, it sounded so quiet. 

@@Paladin Butters, @,

Charcoal smiled at Stone's brilliant idea to stay in the tree that Charcoal honestly wouldn't have noticed in the first place on her own. She didn't know why she wouldn't want to stay. Charcoal looked at Gavin. "Hey, might as we-" Charcoal cut herself off when she swore she heard her voice, almost like it was in the breeze. She turned and looked around to see if there was anything around that would be able to call her name.

@@Paladin Butters,@@Charcoal Embers,

"Yes miss Charcoal, are you well?" Stone inquired upon viewing her strange shift in mood. "Have you lost something perhaps?" He looked about the around with a furrowed brow. His horn was giving off a slight vibration, which bothered him. For some unicorns, a horn vibration could mean that magic was nearby. For others it was a forewarning of danger. Sometimes it meant nothing. Stonewall was not sure which was true for him, but it did put him on alert.

@@Charcoal Embers @

Gavin watched as Charcoal went bezerk going in all different directions and looked completely in distress. Gavin started to rub his neck. "Ugh, I don't exactly know how to react to this.." said Gavin as he watched Charcoal go all over the place.

The wind slowed down, then picked back up and it started to snow softly.

@@Charcoal Embers,@@Paladin Butters,

Stonewall walked forward and intercepted Charcoal before she managed to hurt herself. His hoof would arch over her neck and reign her in, pulling her close. "Ma'am," he said quietly. "Are you alright? You seem a bit confused." He'd begin to lead her over to the tree's, his hold on her tight but not rough. Looking over at Gavin, he gestured to the tree's with his head. "We'll need to get her out of the open for right now."

@@Charcoal Embers @

Gavin waited for a second till he began to follow the two ponies into the trees. As the tree's shook in the breeze he saw something fly above the tree's very quickly. When he saw it, he shook his head because he thought he was going crazy and continued to trot with the other ponies.

(edited)

@@Charcoal Embers @

The voice inside Charcoal's head stopped. And it got really quiet, she finally heard something different.

Song Of The Rangers

Listen up, and listen good, here's our tale of Bavik wood.

Bavik was small, the tree's were tall.

We hunt for what we will.

If there's a bear, there's no doubt in the air.

The bear, the mare, the stare.

But if in my doubt, you hurried about.

She lurks in the woods, with the care that ever would.

Of the wood that lurks the mare.

She found us there, without any care.

The bear, the mare, the stare...

Once the song rang in her head the finally stopped.

Edited by Paladin Butters

Thunder had decided to follow the ponies on the other ship. Still not having found a crew he didn't have much to do.

After a while he had lost the other ship. The way he sailed became more misty every second. He couldn't even see the stern of his ship. He stopped to let the mist fade away before continuing to sail. The lights on his ship were lit.

@@RainbowDashie @@Mirage X Dash @

As Captain Megreggor got onto his ship, Mirage and David followed. The few ponies that were carrying the last of the barrels on their backs got on the ship. "We're ready to sail off Captain!" Corporal Pach said out loud. The crew members were pulling down the sails and the ship started to move out to the open sea, Captain Vincent was waiting in the darkness at the edge of the reef. As the moon was held up high Captain Vincent sent a green flag into the air, to show they're ready to proceed. "Get going then lads!!" Captain Megreggor yelled. The mists around the sea this late were highly dangerous, so they lit the lanterns on each side of the ship, Vincent's ship did the same letting their ship reappear in the shadows.

Mirage and David were looking around at their scenery. "Hey, you two." Pach commanded. "You'll be staying with the rest of the crew in the barracks below... If you get killed by a Kraken, we'll certainly give your stuff to ourselves." Pach continued

"Well that's very good to hear" Mirage said sarcastically. "We are to sleep in the barracks you said? This kraken were hunting, how big is it?" He said with a confident smirk on his face asking Captain Megreggor. Mirage thought to himself for a bit. "How are we even going to destroy this thing?"

@ Paladin Butters @ The Author

Edited by Mirage X Dash

@@Mirage X Dash

Captain Megreggor looked at Mirage, and jumped down from the balcony he was standing on. "You will stow away that sarcastic mouth of yours, I'll have none of that of my ship." He said as his robot eye glared. "And yes, you'll be sleeping with the crew, and don't be mistaken for these Krakens... The one that Captain Vincent got on his hoofs may be small.. But it WAS a baby... Not a mother." Captain Megreggor replied. "If I may interject here." Pach said. "You two also will have to help on the ship, nothing's free." Pach finished. As both the Captain and Pach walked off, moments later Fen knocked into Mirage. "Watch it!" He snared.

@@Charcoal Embers, @@Paladin Butters,

"Madam," he'd say softly into her ear, leg still curled over her shoulders. "Are you all right? You've looked a bit... dazed for the past few minutes." He turned his eyes  to Gavin and spoke again. "We need to get a fire started. If you've the expertise to do so, I can gather wood and kindling in short order." Helpfully there was a large number of mostly dry sticks and branches on the ground nearby that would make gathering the materials easier than would otherwise been possible.