Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure The Equestria Wanderers...

Cassafrass

*The EquestriaN Wanderers... so sorry for typo (don't know how to fix it. Anypony know?)

This story can also be viewed here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/183957/the-equestrian-wanderers

Any critique on my story is very much appreciated! Please enjoy it. :D

Chapter One: Ditzy Meets the Doctor

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville, as Ditzy Doo (A.K.A. Derpy Hooves) went on her way to check out the little shops within the town. She had many errands to do, and hadn’t realized how late she had slept in, as she had just gotten up. She yawned, not having gotten much sleep last night… she didn’t know why, but she was having a hard time going to bed each night. She kept having a terrible case of insomnia…

As she trotted along deep in thought, she didn’t even realize when she accidentally bumped into Bon Bon, who had stopped in front of her to check out the window of a shop to their left.

“Hey, watch out Ditzy!” the pony said, having been startled.

“Oh, I’m sorry… here, let me help…” Ditzy said back, helping pick up the groceries that had fallen onto the ground after the incident.

“No!” Bon Bon said harshly, but then recoiled back. “Um, I mean, it’s alright… I got it…”

Ditzy’s ears fell flat on her head as she looked at the ground. “Oh… OK… I guess I’ll be on my way.”

After that interesting encounter, Ditzy was a bit discouraged, but kept trying to go along with her day as if it hadn’t happened. She decided to go inside one of her favorite stores so she could cheer herself up a bit. She knew she shouldn’t get so upset over one little thing, but she had been stuck in a rut for a while now, as her life hadn’t been going very well…

“Welcome to Sugarcube corner!” Mrs. Cake said, welcoming Ditzy. “It’s been a while since we last saw you dear… is there something you’d like me to get you?”

Ditzy smiled at her friend as she walked over to the glass showcase, where she admired all the different types of tasty pastries that Mrs. And Mr. Caked had made fresh this morning. “I think I will have something… a blueberry muffin, please!” she said, pointing at the largest of the bunch.

“Of course dear, I will have it wrapped up for you right away!” the blue pony quickly rushed behind the counter and took the muffin off of its display stand. She put it in a pink bag with a bow on top, and then handed it to Ditzy. “Here you go! That will be two bits.”

After Ditzy had thanked Mrs. Cake and paid for the pastry, she sat outside eating her new treat. She smiled at how good the muffin was, but then frowned, thinking of the rest of her bleak day… and especially what she was going to return home too.

She threw away the bag after she was done with it, and headed towards her next destination. As she did so, some earth ponies began to cover up the sun with some clouds, threatening to rain any moment. Ditzy was glad that she had remembered to bring an umbrella, as being a Pegasus pony herself, she had known it was going to storm today. However, when it began to rain, she found out that her umbrella had a large hole in it.

“Seriously, are you kidding me?!” she yelled in frustration, but quickly blushed as a bunch of other ponies stared at her open mouthed in shock. She quickly ran inside of the nearest building in embarrassment, without even looking at where she had gone.

“Erm… hello, may I help you…?” A voice said to the right of her. She quickly turned, and found herself facing a pony with a green tie and hourglass cutie mark. His mane was dark brown, and his coat was a light tan.

Ditzy was taken slightly by surprise, and quickly got up and off the ground. “Er… no, I don’t think so… who are you? And where am I?” She said, looking around the strange building. It had many books on shelves, and there were quills in various containers all around.

“Well, I’m not sure myself. Actually, I just wandered in here looking for something that I seem to have misplaced… you seem like you are worried about something yourself. What’s wrong?” He said, with a puzzled expression on his face.

“Oh, um, I’m alright… but you still haven’t answered my question. Who are you?” Ditzy asked, spreading out her wings in frustration but knocking over a bunch of quills in the process.

“I could be asking the same of you. Let me help you with that…” the pony stooped down to help pick up the mess that this strange other pony had made. “Regardless, my name is Doctor Whooves. Or just Hooves… spelled either with a ‘wh’ in the beginning or just an ‘h’. You can call me whatever takes your fancy…”

Ditzy was grateful for the help, but she scrunched up her mouth after hearing what the other pony had to say. He was awfully strange indeed. “Okay, Doctor Whooves with a ‘wh’ or just ‘h’. My name’s Ditzy Doo… or just Ditzy… although the other ponies like to call me Derpy behind my back because of my, well, condition…” her reply started as a joke, but didn’t end on a high note. She sighed as she got off the floor, with the Doctor following her lead.

“Oh… well, I’m sorry to hear that. And ah, that! Well… I will just say that I’ve seen things stranger then your minor eye condition.” He said while nodding his head with his eyes closed, seemingly as if he was remembering some memories from long ago.

“Thanks… I guess?” Ditzy said back, even more puzzled.

“Anyways, I guess I should be going… see you around!” The Doctor said, already trotting away from Ditzy and towards the back of the store.

“Bye…” Ditzy called out single mindedly, and left the store not knowing what to make of this pony that called himself such a strange name. As she turned and trotted away from the store, she suddenly stopped when she heard a strange whirring sound coming from behind the store she had just been inside of. She looked down a narrow alleyway that had the noise echoing from it, and quickly flew down it to see what was going on. What she found was a puzzling sight… the whooshing noise stopped, and she saw the Doctor of all ponies come out from inside a blue police box!

“Wha…? Oh, well hello there Ditzy! Fancy meeting you again, eh?” Doctor Whooves called out, not paying any attention to the Pegasus. He was inspecting the box curiously, as if he was trying to find out what was wrong with it.

“What are you doing here? And why are you with a police box?” The only reason Ditzy knew what the box was called was because of her job as a mail carrier, and many a time she had to pass by one during her work for whatever reason.

“Oh… well, er… because… I like it! That’s why.” The Doctor said with a bit of a nervous look on his face. Ditzy knew that look anywhere – he was hiding something.

“Well, I think you aren’t telling the full truth. Let me see this thing…” Ditzy said, walking over to the door of the box, where the Doctor was standing.

“No! I mean, no need, hehe…” the Doctor said urgently trying to block the door, but Ditzy wasn’t buying it. She pushed past him and opened the door, and gasped by what she saw inside.

“What in Equestria…?!” Ditzy said, walking inside with her mouth gaping open. Inside was a perplexing control center in the middle of a large room, with pillars all over and a strange design throughout. She looked at all of the controls, and the strangeness of it all. She couldn’t even describe it if she tried… it was so… weird.

“Oh, you got me…” the Doctor said, sighing in defeat. “I might as well tell you now, but you have to swear not to tell anyone about it on your life!” Ditzy just nodded her head quickly, as she was speechless. “Well, it’s the TARDIS. That stands for ‘Time and Relative Dimension in Space’. In short, it’s a time machine…  which can travel anywhere, from any time period you like. You name it, and it can take you there almost instantly. Although it can be a bit of a bumpy ride at times… what do you think?”

“You… have a real live time machine… that’s not possible.” Ditzy said simply, not believing a word that this mare was saying. “You mean for me to believe that crazy made up story!?”

“Well… in short, yes. Simply put that is…” He said, with a goofy grin on his face. He adjusted his tie, and leaned back on the control panel.

“What’s going on…?!” Ditzy said, beginning to panic as the large machine lurched and began bouncing around slightly.

“Well, let’s just say that you and I are going on a little trip…” the Doctor said with a mischievous look on his face. Ditzy gasped when she realized what was going on.

He was kidnapping her!

Edited by Cassadragon