gaming Project Beast

Chacobos

(edited)

img-2600325-1-projectbeast01.jpg

So if you haven't heard yet, a few days ago a user leaked a brand new IP project called "Project Beast" by From Software.

Now not much is known as of now but what we do have is clues hinting on its legitimancy and how it is either Demon's Souls 2 OR a spiritual successor just like how Demon's Souls was practically to the King's Field series and how Dark Souls was the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. 

-Hidetaka Miyazaki supervised Dark Souls 2 to go work on another project

-A new game has been hinted for a very long time

-Sony has hinted SEVERAL times by saying that it was a huge mistake to not grow the Demon's Souls IP and would like to grow it possibly in the future

-Atlus changed their statement of there will be no Demon's Souls to it's Sony's call. 

-A majority of the long time veteran higher up devs from the first two Souls games didn't appear in Dark Souls 2

-Dark Souls originally was called Project Dark

-A user on Neogaf, practically confirmed to work at Sony has hinted MANY MANY MANY times about this, especially saying "Beast" in his sentences instead of "beast" 

Screenshots: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/684607-the-ps4s-big-secret-is-project-beast-a-from-software-exclusive#/slide/7

Catch a more in depth analysis of the hints in VaatiVidya's awesome video breaking it down!

So what does everypony think about this? Let the hype train start its engine once more! 

Edited by Captain Variance

(edited)

The souls series is my all time favorite. The dark, lonely story always has me coming back to it. So even with the tiniest rumor, I get a little too excited..

Edited by Kurai

(edited)

The hype train is real on this more than likely real rumor. Right now I am actually hoping it is a PS4 exclusive not because I want to say, "hah, fuck you other consoles and players!" Trust me, I don't own a PS4 and I am more of a PC gamer BUT imagine a souls game helmed by the original creator, Miyazaki FUNDED by Kadokawa(owns From Soft now) and Sony? That's a lot of money for development  and will keep the player pvp base not seperated. 

Would I like it to be multiplatform? Yes but chances are if Sony is behind funding this it is for sure an exclusive. But either way, hope to see this at this year's E3

Edited by Captain Variance

• 4 weeks later...

I just really hope they take out or fix the online connectivity so I'm not forced into it every time I play and get to choose whether I want to. From those clips there's very little chance it's not some form of Souls game. AND GIVE ME A FECKING PAUSE BUTTON, YOU TYRANTS.

(edited)
shit if it's a Sony exclusive though.

If it is indeed actually Demon souls 2 it will be  

Edited by Kurai

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, BIG NEWS...Project Beast is NOT A NEW SOULS GAME but is in fact a NEW IP CALLED BLOODBORNE

Here comes the fun description from the official page

Introducing Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.

• A Terrifying New World: Journey to a horror-filled gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.
  • Strategic Action Combat: Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you'll need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city's dark secrets.
  • A New Generation of Action RPG: Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation®4 system.

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfYyJtyLf0o

post-12867-0-38305100-1402411481_thumb.png