Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Requium

Demirari

(edited)

(Not accepting applications right now.)

(RP Thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/97337-requium/?p=2609266#entry2609266)

(Be ready for a giant wall of text.)

(You can skip the first two paragraphs. All you need to read is the first two sentences of the first paragraph.)

(The beginning few paragraphs just set up the basic setting of the RP. Important information are later on.

Do please read the part with the Agency part.

And I had included TL; DR sections at the button of each section of this post. They give the bare minimum information about the RP.)

(TL; DR: Giant wall of text warning.)

Welcome to the Republic of Equestria, 2078 AC. We the Republic are the successors of the Principality of Equestria; the successors of a totalitarian state that was corrupted and cruel. We are liberty, we are freedom, and we are the Republic. We the Republic of Equestria are honor-bound to protect others from tyranny, oppression, cruelty, and selfishness. To us the Republic, these crimes against ponies, griffons, changeling, no matter what the race is, is inexcusable and must be harshly punished. Remember this at heart, we are the Republic of Equestria—we are freedom.

We the Republic of Equestria, the greatest nation on Equine had been recently informed of some information that may threaten the currently peaceful state of the world. It is from this information from which gave the Republic the incentive to form a small team in order to retrieve the valuable information from the unknown. This team that we had gathered shall be a mixture of ponies; a diverse team for a mission of most importance. We are placing our faith in this team that we had concluded to have a high chance of succeeding.

[information Censored. CLASS-B ACCESS REQUIRED]

This mission is of the highest priority to the Republic, in fact, it is the highest priority of the governments who know of this. Note that the general public and most of the known world do not know of this—keep it this way with any means possible. And due to this nature, the team must be careful of their mission or else an international incident may form from this. An incident; an international incident is something the Republic cannot afford right now.

[Additional Notes: This gives the team the right to fire upon unarmed citizens as long as it is bound to reason.

Do also note that if a team-member is found of such act, we will only offer minimum­ support on the legal side.]

(TL; DR: Republic is awesome and ego-puffing. Basic information.)

———————

Setting:

This is a futuristic society that is capable and had colonized nearby planets and moons and is able to travel around the solar system without much difficulty. It is capable of doing complex medical operations and any field relating to the pony with great chance of success. It is also capable of building primitive space-ships which are sufficient enough to travel around the solar system. (Note: this is the general information about the futuristic world.)

The Republic of Equestria is a large nation centered on the continent of its namesake, the Equestrian continent. However, do note that it is not the last nation on Equine or the last nation in the solar system. In fact, there is still over twenty independent nations left. However, these nations are rather weak compared to the giant Republic of Equestria, which controls much of Equestria and some territories outside of it, including the colonies.

The most important nations in this RP:

Federal Germane Republic

Prance

The United Crystalline Provinces

(The provinces used to be under the Republic's rule.)

Republic of Equestria

Coltensten Union

Saddle Neighria

The Collective Hivemind

Talonsberg

(TL;DR: High-tech society or societies and nations.)

———————

The Agency

The Agency to the team will be of the most uttermost important to it. The Liberty Agency will be its main investor, and if it is to fall, we will deem the team as a failure and will wipe out its existence without any delay. And as long as the Liberty Agency is continuing on with optimal efficiency, the team will be granted funding and most of all, protection. And by the rights of the Liberty Agency, the team must follow the orders of the Agency without any hesitation as long as it is not against the state. Any form of disobedience at such times will be punished without any exceptions.

It is from the Agency that the immoral actions would stem from. It is from here that the survival of peace is kept at all costs. Assure it is safe; assure it can survive to protect the Republic. One's morals will be crushed in the Agency, be prepared as the Agency cannot afford petty emotions to get in the way of the survival of the Republic. Without the Agency, all that is left of one's identity is what the Agency had given; there is nothing without the Agency. Be with the Agency, never betray it.

May Liberty guide your path.

(TL; DR: Agency is where the RPers would get their mission and where they work at when not doing field operations.)

———————

Here are the basic rules:

1: This is a very large world. If you want to add something, feel free to tell me. I'll probably accept it.

2: I expect basic grammar from you.

3: I want some form of dedication. That means no sudden quitting or posting once in every three days.

4: No godmodding, metagaming, anything that is out-of-bounds by you.

5: No Mary Sues or Gary Stues.

6: Keep it PG-13; don't even dare to touch M-Rated content in your post.

7: Please do not post strange stuff that'll ruin the RP. I trust that you won't.

8: Pie is best cake. Cake is worst pie.

(TL; DR: Basic rules.)

———————

OC List:

(Note: Some had requested to join before the posting of this searching/OOC thread.)

1. Demirari — Gentle Secret

2. Ducksquack - Midnight Comet

3. Wolframite - Hazmat (Character Description in spoiler.)

Species: Pegasus

Appearance: Pegasus, has red eyes, dark fur, dark grey mane/tail with black tips. Very thin and small for miniscule amount of food he had eaten.

Cutie Mark: Three gears forming a triangle with a tread going around it. Each gear has a letter of G.A.S. a.k.a. Chemical Engineering.

Personality: Extremely calm under extreme circumstances.

Has a short temper with ponies and them being very talkative or stating the obvious.

Can adapt to any environment, just takes time.

Can stress over the littlest of things.

Once a friend, always a friend until death.

Can be morbid at times, but keeps to himself on that unless it is brought out for some reason.

4. MoonBacon - Moonlight Starshine

5. Commander Tangent - Dr. Icarus (Gold Icarus)

6. Rascal61 - Sai

(TL; DR: RPer's OCs.)

7. Dargent - Silver Wing

8. Airbornepony - Atlas

Edited by Demirari

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sent here by Moonbacon about 2 days ago, she kinda begged me to join and have a look see. 
I would like to apply with my ponysona Sai. 

Wow, you REALLY skipped the story. :3 but when will you draw him?

I slashed it as it wouldn't fit the RP... actually, I just skimmed over it a bit to refresh my memory and went... lolnope.  :squee:

I'll draw him soon, dontcha worry! 

Lieutenant Ducksquack - wait.

Sergeant Ducksquack - no.

Private Procrastination reporting for duty! (Headshot)

Good to see that procrastination is on my side. 

I was sent here by Moonbacon about 2 days ago, she kinda begged me to join and have a look see. 

I would like to apply with my ponysona Sai. 

Aaaand... in! 

And she kinda? You mean she did? :3

More than once a day, but I do not have much experience with RPs.

Well, can you give me a small little example of your current RP level?

Like just type something about your OC doing something. Doesn't really have to be long, just a sentence or two would do. 

Then I'll base it off of that. Is that ok?

(edited)

"Silver walked through the gateway.He gasped, looking at the beautiful relic in the center of the large room.He noticed the Covenant elites were staring at him.After a few tense moments he realized the aliens would not dare draw their weapons in front of the relic.Suddenly, two of the elites in gold armor activated a console.The relic slowly started to break apart, orange light gleaming from the cracks.All but a single piece of the relic broke away, revealing a being dressed in orange and black armour.The creature looked at silver, his eyes cold and unforgiving.He raised his hand slowly, causing Silver to rise with it.Silver struggled against the creatures power to no avail."

As you can see I am not very good at writing, but what do you think?

Edited by Dargent

"Silver walked through the gateway.He gasped, looking at the beautiful relic in the center of the large room.He noticed the Covenant elites were staring at him.After a few tense moments he realized the aliens would not dare draw their weapons in front of the relic.Suddenly, two of the elites in gold armor activated a console.The relic slowly started to break apart, orange light gleaming from the cracks.All but a single piece of the relic broke away, revealing a being dressed in orange and black armour.The creature looked at silver, his eyes cold and unforgiving.He raised his hand slowly, causing Silver to rise with it.Silver struggled against the creatures power to no avail."

As you can see I am not very good at writing, but what do you think?

It is good enough. Read the rules and provide me a link or description of your OC.

I'll review your OC, if good, welcome.

(edited)
Accepted. But do note that this is way in the future. So some of the backstory of your OC may conflict with the current setting.

And oh no. I'm planning to keep this one alive as much as possible.

I wasted two-three days working on that OCC post and 1/10 of the plot I plan on using.

Edited by Demirari

(edited)

@@Demirari,

With the Griffon Kingdom? Just drop that stuff and hopefully it won't come up.

Well the Griffon Kingdom was dismantled by the Republic (due to their policy on monarchies.) Talonsberg is the successor of the Griffon Kingdom. Forced successor for that matter. Edited by Demirari

Well the Griffon Kingdom was dismantled by the Republic (due to their policy on monarchies.) Talonsberg is the successor of the Griffon Kingdom. Forced successor for that matter.

I could just say Atlas did some work for local leaders in Talonsberg and still did his thing in the Everfree looking for random stuff. Is there any other contradictions in the backstory cause there probably is.

(edited)

Well:

1. Daring Do and Zecora. Due to the setting, they are long gone. This is the major one.

2. Exploits in the Everfree.

This is mostly ok due to the lack of expansion into the Everfree. Though it is definitely larger than the canon version. The reason what was due to technological advances in the agriculture field. (Farms able to produce food in a single week as opposed to a month or more. Due to this, farms are a lot smaller. Though there are traditional farms which products cost more than the artificial.) So this is either a minor or major change. (Note the Republic did establish a small fortress where the old castle laid.)

Edited by Demirari

Daring Do is a bit minor and can be dropped. With Zecora? Zecora's ghost! Drop the part about him betting treated by Zecora but keep his limp. The fort could act as his waypoint instead and he could know some people in the fort. While we're at it what are the weapons? Are they still projectile or plasma or some crap like that?

(edited)

Daring Do is a bit minor and can be dropped. With Zecora? Zecora's ghost! Drop the part about him betting treated by Zecora but keep his limp. The fort could act as his waypoint instead and he could know some people in the fort. While we're at it what are the weapons? Are they still projectile or plasma or some crap like that?

The weaponry is rather diverse, depending on where you are in the world. The Republic uses plasma weaponry extensively. Other nations either use projectile-based weaponry or plasma.

Lasers are used, but they are used as a beam weapon or for training purposes.

And him knowing folks in the fort is ok.

Edited by Demirari