What if: Tirek vs supercharged Shining Armor

aoEAF2FBvC0MIo2Q

Remember that in the episode, Twilight was imbued with the magical power of princesses Luna, Celestia and Cadance. Now what if their power along with that of Twilight's was passed on to Shining Armor.

Remember that in the episode, Shining Armor didn't have the magical power to scratch Tirek but if he was given the magical power of all 4 princesses, then the playing field would have been leveled.

Here's where it gets interesting. Twilight Sparkle has always been the studious type so her forte is in learning and magic which go well together. Shining Armor on the other hand is captain of the royal guard. There's the catch, Shining Armor has combat training and experience

If we look at Twilight's duel with Tirek, Twilight's lack of combat experience shows by how easily surprised and slow to react she is. Tirek too has shown himself to be slow to react which allowed Twilight to outmaneuver him some. 

Had it been Shining Armor with Twilight's magical power, I think the fight would have been more one-sided. Shining would be far less easily surprised, quicker to react, have more combat tricks up his sleeve and be better prepared to outmaneuver Tirek. Tirek has shown himself to rely on raw magical brute force. A supercharged Shining Armor would rely mainly on combat skill with magical strength being a secondary asset and because a supercharged Shining Armor's secondary asset would be equal to Tirek's primary asset... I think it's clear who would have won that duel.

But neither Twilight or Shining Armor would be used to having such amount of power and Shining armor is no Alicorn wich means he would be even less prepared than Twilight.

I mean, the power of 4 alicorns, that is ALOT of power. So if you ask me, Shining Armor would fumble and make mistakes whilst twilight had the Alicorn magic for a while to get used to it.

• Brohoof 1

It would be an interesting battle, but there's also the slim to none chance of the Princesses giving their alicorn magic to Shining Armor instead of Twilight Sparkle, the Element of Magic. ^^"

Even if they did, I don't know how much of a chance Shining Armor would stand against Tirek. Sure, he's a powerful Unicorn, but compare him to the magical power of Twilight Sparkle, it's really a huge difference.

Shining Armor would be powerful, but not near as much as Twilight Sparkle was. ^^"

(edited)

Shining Armor would be powerful, but not near as much as Twilight Sparkle was. ^^"

Remember that in the episode, Shining Armor didn't have the magical power to scratch Tirek but if [shining] was given the magical power of all 4 princesses, then the playing field would have been leveled.

An oversight on your part it seems. 

The arguments of the others are compelling and shows I didn't put serious thought into it. Shining Armor is still a unicorn. To explain why it could be down-right dangerous to give Shining Armor the power of four alicorns, consider this: Twilight Sparkle, whose special talent is magic itself, who's also an alicorn herself, was struggling to control having the power of three alicorns imbued into her. For Shining Armor who is neither an alicorn nor has a special talent magic to be given the power of four alicorns... He'd nuke Canterlot if he sneezed.

Edited by SunBurn

• 3 months later...