Jump to content
Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky
  • entries
    74
  • comments
    142
  • views
    20,564

Unfair DeviantArt Ban


Misty Shadow

521 views

I was permanently banned from DeviantArt today just for using an image for a cover for my stories. The image is from an artist who allows for alteration of their work so long as they are credited. 

https://www.deviantart.com/ejfirelightningarts

EmmetRules2.jpg.21888a01edd1278be9107a6abdbe02d3.jpg

And guess what they did? They didn't even message me asking me to take the cover down, they straight-up DMCA'd me and got my account permanently banned. The artist has recently apologized to me in a message on another site, telling me this was the result of a misunderstanding, but still, this is an absolute nightmare. All that hard work for an account I had for over ten years, GONE. This is ABSOLUTELY WRONG, I am so beyond upset with DA. 

 

Edited by CloudMistDragon

  • Brohoof 1

10 Comments


Recommended Comments

I'm SO SORRY that happened to you, BFFFF! :blush:

Looking at the image you posted I saw the name of one of the only friends I have on that site who left DeviantArt recently. :sunny:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3
Link to comment

Wow.... Diviant art didn't even give you a warning before shutting you down? No emails? 🤔 You should email them or something... Don't stress over them my friend, you lose if you do.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Wow.... Diviant art didn't even give you a warning before shutting you down? No emails? 🤔 You should email them or something... Don't stress over them my friend, you lose if you do.

They are the ones I'm angry with, not the guy who hit me with that DMCA. I did e-mail DA, have heard nothing back yet. I also messaged the guy on Derpibooru, who got back to me pretty quickly, and he told me regrets what he's done now that he realizes what he misunderstood. DA didn't even give me a chance to explain what happened before they not only banned me, but got rid of ALL OF MY WORK:Posey-grimace:

  • Brohoof 3
Link to comment

@CloudMistDragon Dude, I am so sorry this has happened to you! I can’t believe they just shut you down without any sort of message or warning or asking you to remove the art you used. SO UNFAIR!! :angry:
 

DA has gone down the drain years ago and they’ve been so anti-user friendly for the longest time and I’m sorry you got caught up in the BS!! :okiedokieloki:
 

*hugs you tight* You are always way past awesome and you will always be an amazing friend too! :wub:

  • Brohoof 4
Link to comment
18 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

. I also messaged the guy on Derpibooru, who got back to me pretty quickly, and he told me regrets what he's done now that he realizes what he misunderstood. DA didn't even give me a chance to explain what happened before they not only banned me, but got rid of ALL OF MY WORK:Posey-grimace:

 

@CloudMistDragon This is EXACTLY what happened to my friend! :double-shock: I wonder if it was the same user. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
RDDash

Posted (edited)

I don't really read literature on the DeviantArt and therefore I am confused about what happened, I know that on DeviantArt people don't really like when someone steals the other people art. People just know when that happens. Nobody really cares when you post someone's picture on Fimfiction story.

Edited by RDDash
  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, RDDash said:

I know that on DeviantArt people don't really like when someone steals the other people art.

 

They even have special tags now that say something like "You are not allowed to use this artwork!" or "You can use this art if you credit me!" or

something like that.

I post "DO NOT REPOST ANYWHERE!" in all of my descriptions just in case. 

  • Brohoof 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, RDDash said:

I don't really read literature on the DeviantArt and therefore I am confused about what happened, I know that on DeviantArt people don't really like when someone steals the other people art. People just know when that happens. Nobody really cares when you post someone's picture on Fimfiction story.

I was permitted by the artist's rules and he had only mistaken me for an art thief. He did not even know that it was just a cover for the story that he was credited for. 

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I was permitted by the artist's rules and he had only mistaken me for an art thief. He did not even know that it was just a cover for the story that he was credited for. 

 

I really hope you can get your account reinstated somehow, BFFFF. :(

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...