Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Well Hello there, Everypony!

MasterCombine

Hi, guys! MasterCombine here. Well, let's get started.

I was certainly never a hater. I'm not the type of guy who sits behind the veil of anonymity that is the internet and slings hatred and insults at people for enjoying stuff that I don't understand. I never have been and never will be. As long as what you enjoy doesn't involve hurting or degrading others, like what you want to like.

Despite all this, I can't say I wasn't a skeptic. In fact, I would wager that many of you were skeptical as well, at some point or another. I wasn't going to insult you or consider you less of a man for enjoying a show about colorful ponies and the magic of friendship, but this didn't mean I understood it. And then, predictably, everything changed (How melodramatic).

I guess it started with the Know Your Meme article about MLP. Until late last year I was actually almost entirely unaware that the franchise had been rebooted, let alone the fact that it had developed a fervent following of males my age. I did start to notice plenty of pony-related stuff popping up here and there, though, memes and images and such. And so my curiosity got the better of me. After educating myself a little more via Know Your Meme, I gave in. "I'll watch one episode", I told myself. Don't dismiss something until you've tried it. I've always considered myself open-minded. And so I watched the first episode.

And... it wasn't bad. Maybe not amazing, but not as bad as the haters would have had me believe, or bad at all for that matter. Regardless, I never got around to watching the next episode. Until a week or two ago, that is. I was browsing Youtube and came across a bunch of MLP-related "When I'm..." videos. Amused at the creativity of the bronies, I looked up the second episode of the show and hit play.

25 episodes later (I just finished the last episode of season 1 about an hour ago) I find myself happy, excited, inspired, and, well, still a little bit confused. I haven't been this excited about a show/franchise since Pokemon when I was a kid. I can't entirely explain why this show has embedded itself so deeply in my heart and mind like it has (I'm just going to chalk it up to sheer amazingness, or magic), so I'll just accept it.

Well, this is getting a bit long, so I'll wrap it up. In short, this show is awesome, and the dedication and creativity (exemplified by the sheer amount of art, fanfics both good and bad, etc.) of the fandom is downright inspiring. Hell, I'm even strongly considering writing a fanfic myself. And I never write fanfiction (Be afraid). To conclude, may there be peace for the haters, love for my fellow bronies, and ponies all around.

I look forward to being a part of this community. :)

-A Newly Proud Brony, MasterCombine

*If you read this the whole way through I thank and applaud you.

Edited by MasterCombine

hey everypony!

My names Rhuedog and im new here. I love the show, ever since my brony brother showed it to me.

Im a Furry musician so if u ever wanna hear some just let me kno! I also draw comics! :P

hey everypony!

My names Rhuedog and im new here. I love the show, ever since my brony brother showed it to me.

Im a Furry musician so if u ever wanna hear some just let me kno! I also draw comics! :P

You could have made a new thread, you know :P

Anyways, welcome to the forums! I hope you will enjoy your stay here!

Also I think you should go thank your brother as soon as you can. Seriously, you need to do that.