Your Favourite pre-G4 Ponies

Rarity Paige Belle

(edited)

Don't bash them before you watch them, buddy. I recommend viewing G1 if you think it was aimed squarely at girls, not that there's anything wrong with that in the first place, of course.

The creator of My Little Pony said herself it was meant for both genders and for parents from the very beginning, and I think it shows. I can say with one hundred percent confidence that G1 was darker than G4 by a long shot. If you watch it, you'll see exactly what I mean.

Admittedly i haven't watched them in a number of years and if memory serves correct they were darker (but it still had its babyish, G3 moments)  >_>

I wouldn't mind seeing a G1 remake with a G4 image/plot-story line but still keeping that darker tones of the original *and get rid of the useless humans* :lol: 

Edited by Argumedies

Admittedly i haven't watched them in a number of years and if memory serves correct they were darker (but it still had its babyish, G3 moments) :P 

I wouldn't mind seeing a G1 remake with a G4 image/plot-story line but still keeping that darker tones of the original *and get rid of the useless humans*

WRONG, WRONG,WRONG! The whole reason I prefer G1 over G4 is because of Megan Williams! After all, without her, Tirek would've pushed the ponies to extinction!

Admittedly i haven't watched them in a number of years and if memory serves correct they were darker (but it still had its babyish, G3 moments)  >_>

I wouldn't mind seeing a G1 remake with a G4 image/plot-story line but still keeping that darker tones of the original *and get rid of the useless humans* :lol: 

At times it might have a few "babyish" moments, but overall when they deal with villains it's so much darker, like when the Raptorians are going to turn them to glass then smash them all to pieces or when that angry crowd of ponies threatens to make it so that Knight Shade wishes he was never born.

I'm not sure how I feel about the humans. Clearly Rarity Paige Belle is a fan, and I actually don't mind the humans all that much. If anything, they could just turn them into ponies too if it was necessary to have them and they wanted to avoid fan riot.

There are so many i would choose, but i'm gonna have to go with Minty;

Mintycartoon.PNG

and Star Catcher;

Starcatcher1.JPG

FINALLY, another Starcatcher fan!

brohoofs /)

I also like Surprise, Silver Glow, Shady, and maaaaaaybeee Firefly.

I wasn't accusing you of bashing Bronies, simply bashing the previous generations.

I understand if you don't like the art style, but I just don't think it's fair to accuse it of only being for little girls when many people would say the same about G4 without watching it. Now that I've watched the majority of G1, I personally think G4 actually was inspired by it and took a lot from it.

G5 most likely won't stray too far from it, G4's art style is already massively popular so I doubt they'll change it up at this point. They just need to make the toys reflect the new art style better to be honest.

I have watched a few of the G1 episodes and i just cant do it. Its just not my thing i think ill stick with G4

I have watched a few of the G1 episodes and i just cant do it. Its just not my thing i think ill stick with G4

Completely understandable. You don't gotta tell me; I love both Gens, so if you like one or the other, I'm with ya!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

That's okay, its not for everyone.

I enjoy them through the nostalgia factor, I grew up with them much like you all are doing with G4.

WRONG, WRONG,WRONG! The whole reason I prefer G1 over G4 is because of Megan Williams! After all, without her, Tirek would've pushed the ponies to

extinction!

See I don't buy that cause they couldda just opened the locket on their own lol then go all rainbowrific on him and send his magic pacman eatin gig back to tartarous (however that's spelled lol)

(Don't get irate, I'm only messing around)

That was more aimed at the series shorts then the first and second epps... always felt they were just useless characters and one thing I'm glad they didn't do to G4

At times it might have a few "babyish" moments, but overall when they deal with villains it's so much darker, like when the Raptorians are going to turn them to glass then smash them all to pieces or when that angry crowd of ponies threatens to make it so that Knight Shade wishes he was never born.

I'm not sure how I feel about the humans. Clearly Rarity Paige Belle is a fan, and I actually don't mind the humans all that much. If anything, they could just turn them into ponies too if it was necessary to have them and they wanted to avoid fan riot.

Ya, those dark moments I agree whole heartedly G4 needs more moments like those.

As far as the humans... the main girl Megan was okay, didn't mind her... it was when they brought in the younger siblings... those two I couldda done without

Definitely gunna havta look these epps back up, been meaning ta do that, just ain't had the time

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...