Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Salvation's Price RP

Vae Victis

Virgil looked toward the red glow.

Virgil: " the gates are open... Is everyone ready? It is time. Cast aside all fear.... And redeem yourselves."

Rezik looked toward the red glow. It was close, coming from deeper within the forest.

" Virgil has a point. We should get going soon."

Rezik started trotting toward the red light. Towards what would be his final resting place, should he fail.

"Hell, why not? I'm ready to fight mire demons if it means I can repent for what I have done." Walking towards the glow, he re wraps hos cahin and slides hammer itmnto the loop at hos waist. He thnks to himself, 'it's ironic really, these gys will al probably end up trusting me, only to find out I betrayed one of them already.'

Steel nodded "I care about no pony besides moonbeam and she was pure so who would I save from here " steel thought aloud "buck it let's go " steel said waking to the glow he wasn't scared after all he'd been through hell and back so what's one more time to him

"Whats that old proverb? A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"? Rampart asked himself. "Fear? This cant be any worse than the Equis I died in....everypony at each other's throats...just like here", Rampat Charger said with clear sadness in his voice as he walked to the glow.

" believe me when I say that whatever we encountered in life... It will be much horrid here... I can feel it." Rezik said. Virgil had vanished into a light, but his voice could still be heard.

Virgil: " fear not, I am still with you all and will guide you. When you get to the gate, you will see a spiraling staircase with a red light coming from the pit it descends into. This is the gate. Descend downward and prepare for the first circle... Limbo. Two types of souls come to limbo. Those who live there are those who did an equal share of good and evil, or even none at all. There is one among you who belongs here..."

@harmony cube

Virgil looked at the pony with a dagger and rocks. " your confession will be a bit different. As you committed no crimes, you will feel no pain when the mark glows. All you have to do is profess that you were stagnant in the world, and your actions affected no one. You will receive the purified mark and of course, can absolve one person. If you do not confess, you will be trapped in limbo. While living there is not bad, as I reside in that place, it is certainly no paradise."

" and as for the second type of soul, all pass through to get to charon's boat, which ferry them to king Minos to be judged. It is our goal to get on that ferry."

Rezik nodded, and walked toward the pit.

"Well, letus go then, I do not wish to put my confession off any longer than I have to. Walking next to Rezik, he ponders, just how he ended up doing what he has, and how it lead him ti this fate, the fate of the greatest of sins. "I will do what needs to be done, it must be done."

"At least I don't have to worry about the pain then." Shooting said and got up with her weapons, walking towards the pit. She thought about the ferry and who to redeem from this hell. She looked around at the people around her about whom to redeem. She wasn't smiling.

• Brohoof 1

Steel was at the back of the group lagging slightly he was just close enough to hear Virgil he flew a few feet off the ground looking around he wondered who was the someone special in the inferno was for him he doubted it was moonbeam she was kind and caring

Rezik walked slowly, aided by his staff. It was going to be a long, arduous journey through the inferno. He felt Virgil's presence, and decided to ask a question.

" Virgil... Can you tell me if anyone that I know or care about is in the inferno? And what they did?"

Virgil answered.

Virgil: " there is one being, down in the deepest circle... The circle of betrayal. He didn't betray anyone... But what he did betray, was his very own nature. He betrayed his role, and in a battle, called upon a forbidden power. He slew his enemy, but was fatally wounded. He was supposed to be a protector of life. Instead, he took many to slay one, and this is how he betrayed his role."

Rezik: " can you tell me who it is?"

Virgil: " you will know when you find him. He is the final obstacle.... Before you meet the inferno's chief warden."

Rezik nodded. Could it be... No. It couldn't be him. His moral stature was too high... But then again, darkness has a funny way of clouding anyone's mind.

They were about to reach the pit.

Rezik spoke. " is everyone ready? We still have time to prepare."

"Let us do what we must. We will habe time once we have made our ammends. No need to dawddle on it now", Rampart said walking alongside Rezik. His thoughts floated to his chance to absolve anypony in the pit but his mind had already been made up as who he wowuld save.

Steel nodded checking over his blades "let's go the sooner we get this over with the sooner we see paradise and get to relax "steel said "Virgil who's in the inferno that I care about " steel asked (Itd be moonbeam for hate oh and steel is for mass murder can't remember where that would place him))

"Virgil, can someone who has not yet died be absolved of thier sins? If that can be done, I know who I will save." As he walks, he losens the vhains wrapped around his shoulder. "It never hurts to be prepared, after all, we are literally going to hell and going to fight demons. Why put anything at risk?

@dashian500

Virgil responded. " as of now, I do not know. The only reason I knew of rezik's friend was because he was powerful enough to send a spiritual shockwave through the inferno when he arrived. And due to his power, he was seen as above any formal punishment and instead guards the final gate to the ancient fallen. You will have to find out for yourself."

@sage of six mirrors

Virgil: " no you can not, unfortunately. Their life must be completed and unaffected by the afterlife. You must wait until they have passed in order to even have a chance."

_______

Rezik then spoke up as they reached the spiraling staircase. " Tis time, everyone. Lets descend now, and be free of this wretched place."

And so they descended. After about 15 minutes of walking down the pit, they had entered limbo...

"Well. That sucks. Who am I to save? The devil?" He asks jokingly. "Then again everyone deserves a second chance I guess, what would hapoen if I chose him? Nt saying I will, but as long as he isn't trying to eat me, I doubt I would have a problem with him myself." He stares into limbo. "Nevermind. I have made.my decision."

Steel nodded and looked into limbo as he began the decent into hell he had no idea who he was going to save he sighed heavily as he walked -this is gonna be a long after life-steel thought

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Rezik walked slowly with the others. The group finally arrived in the first circle. Rezik looked up, and saw the night's sky one more time, before beholding quite a sight: they were on a plateau, overlooking a Great, black watered lake. On the lake, a giant ship, of which was anchored to a decrepit pier, could be seen. Numerous shades, in a single file line, were being lashed by what appeared to be ponies missing much of their fleshy tissue, skeletons showing, and yet, still living. The first of hell's torturers, sending the condemned to be judges across the lake.

Virgil spoke up. " charon's vessel. He is a shrewd one, and will most likely try to kill you on sight. You will have to defeat him and his crew of condemned in order to gain passage to the rest of the circles. Now... If you'd look to the far off left..."

Rezik did as he instructed. What came into view seemed to be a castle fortress, guarding a city of shades.

Virgil: " those who were not sinners, but neither saints, would dwell there. I myself, am a resident. It is a false heaven. There is joy to be found there, but the mood will forever be melancholy until the final day of true judgement. Here, shades spend time helping other shades, hoping to be allowed into paradise on judgement day for good deeds done there. Even I allow myself a glimmer of hope..."

Virgil looked back towards the vessel. Clouds were forming.

Rezik spoke. " Virgil, how are storm clouds forming here? We are very easily a league under the earth!"

Virgil: " the laws of the physical world hold no sway here. You of all ponies, should realize this, ice Mage."

Rezik simply nodded and stroked his beard in contemplation.

Virgil: " one of you belongs here in this city. If you would want to stay there and live in false salvation, refuse to comfess. Otherwise...."

@harmony cube

" confess that you neither sinned nor helped, and you will receive the power to absolve, and go through the trials. Choose of your own volition."

@Dirge of souls

Shooting nodded. "I accept I must confess that I neither helped nor sinned against the world around me. Er... The world that was around me." Shooting said. She looked off around where her circle was and made sure her knife and stones were there for a battle that would be difficult for her and the rest of them.

@ harmony cube

Virgil smiled. " and, as a moth to flame, you have been drawn to the path of sacrifice and great reward. Receive thine righteous mark."

The mark on the mare changed. The circle was white, and the diamond was blue. " your confession has been heard the all-knowing. Now, you will have the choice to absolve one of your choosing. Choose wisely among the damned."

Virgil disappated, but his voice could still be heard. " follow the line of shades waiting to be ferried across the Great Lake of the dreaded abyss, and go to Charon. Challenge and defeat him, and be granted permission to meet king Minos."

The plateau started to shake violently. Pieces of it fell off. As it did so, a stone staircase appeared. It led to the beginning of the line of the damned shades.

Virgil spoke once more. " this will be the last time you hear from me in awhile. What you see, hear, and feel is for you to sort out within yourself. The straightforward way was lost... But you will all find it. But prepare yourselves.... What you fought before you entered here is nothing compared to the evils you will see below."

Rezik stood by solemnly. He used his staff as a lean-on, and started to walk towards the steps. " ahhh... Steps... The arch-enemy of old age. I think he was telling the truth. This is indeed more horrifying than what we saw up above! Hahahaha!"

Rezik only hoped that his sense of humor struck home with the others.

"Not bad old timer. However, if you are afraid of stairs, I have strength enough to carry you down. But this guardian. He shoud be a tough fight, I think we may have our work cut out for us." Stronghammer says, although, seceretly, he wondered if thier group can really survive hell.

@Dirge of souls, @dashian500

Shooting looked at her purified mark. It didn't hurt. Just like Virgil said. She looked among the rest. She looked at Steel. "You. I think you should be absolved first from me since you were kind enough to give me your dagger." Shooting said and pointed to him.

Steel shook his head "if you do that then I won't have to go through the trial and if there is somepony I care for here I'll need to save them " steel said "but thank you for the offer" steel said he looked at the stairs "mares first " steel added as he moved to let her past

Steel shook his head "if you do that then I won't have to go through the trial and if there is somepony I care for here I'll need to save them " steel said "but thank you for the offer" steel said he looked at the stairs "mares first " steel added as he moved to let her past

@sage of six mirrors

" ha, I appreciate the offer!" Rezik said. " but... This is supposed to be hell after all. I guess steps will be part of my penance for being a wretch."

Rezik headed towards the stairs.

@harmony cube

" Yes, mares first. Tis only common courtesy."

Chanting could be heard from the giant ship that the shades were being herded into by what appeared to be... Skeletons? In fact, it sounded as if it were a sea shanty.

Rezik realized what kind of undead ran the ferry to king Minos. " oh... Now that's just ironic... I didn't know hell would carry cliches from the living world."

He sighed and stroked his beard.

" we will need to fight our way on board when we get to the dock. As for the shades of former living, ignore them for now unless you see one worth forgiving. Just pass up the line they are making... And get ready to fight some pirates, apparently... Seriously, the all-maker has quite a sense of humor. "