Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony...Races?

That Special Brony

I'm a new born and I am a bit confused about pony races (unicorn etc) would anybody be a real help t me and explain generally what each type is and maybe an example as a character from the show, thank you :)

New born brony* haha I'm new a baby XD

(edited)

Welcome!

There are several, but the basics are,

Earth Pony - Pinkie Pie, Applejack. No wings, no horns, generally quite strong.

Unicorn - Twilight Sparkle, Rarity. No wings but they have horns and magic.

Pegasus - Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy. Wings and no horns, usually very fast.

Alicorn - Celestia, Luna. Wings AND horns, super powerful magic, usually a princess.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Ponies

Edited by Due Diligence

It's easy once you're used to it.

Earth pony - No wings and no horn ~ Applejack

Pegasus - Winged pony ~ Rainbowdash

Unicorn - Pony with a horn that's used for magic ~ Rarity

Alicorn - Princess (or prince if that ever happens) who has both wings and a horn ~ Princess Celestia

There will be an episode that explains the races jobs and etc. so I'm not gonna give too much info to avoid spoilers.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here. You can friend me if you'd like, I'm always open to meeting others! :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Hey there, @That Special Brony. As the main purpose of your topic is to discuss pony races, I have moved it from Welcoming Plaza to Show Discussion. :) The former should be reserved for new members making topics introducing themselves to the community and subsequently being welcomed, while the latter is the place to discuss any aspect of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic show.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a new born and I am a bit confused about pony races (unicorn etc) would anybody be a real help t me and explain generally what each type is and maybe an example as a character from the show, thank you :)

New born brony* haha I'm new a baby XD

AHHHH, the pony races, yeah, reminds me when I was a novice brony too. Ponies where all equal to me and didn't paid attention of any extra appendages  :lol: . Anyways:

Earth ponies: no extra appendages, they're physically stronger

Unicorns: Use magic with their horns

Pegasi: Wings for........ duh :lol: 

Alicorns: The princesses only (so far), all other races mixed together. They also happen to be bigger than the rest (EVEN TWILY  :o )

Take note that in a season 2 episode: "Luna Eclipsed", bat ponies showed up briefly. Other than those ones being Luna's personal guard, no much else is known about them, since they haven't showed up since. According to Word of God, they live in mountainous caves around. They have caused a swarm of bat ponies OCs   :yay:  . DAMN IT, THEY BETTER SHOW UP IN SEASON 5  :okiedokielokie:

Hey there, @That Special Brony. As the main purpose of your topic is to discuss pony races, I have moved it from Welcoming Plaza to Show Discussion. :) The former should be reserved for new members making topics introducing themselves to the community and subsequently being welcomed, while the latter is the place to discuss any aspect of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic show.

Okay I'm sorry I didn't realise, won't happen again :)

• Brohoof 1

Applejack and Pinkie Pie are earth ponies.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are pegasus.

Rarity and Twilight Sparkle are unicorns. Well, Twilight is now an alicorn.

(edited)

First off, welcome to the family! :D now then, Earth ponies have no wings or horns and are in charge of tending to the land. the Pegasi, as in mythology, have wings and, thus, are in charge of actually creating the weather. Unicorns, again as in mythology, have horns and are one of the only two races able to cast actual magic. (all four races have magic in a sense, but explaining that is WAAAAY too complicated to get into and explain at the moment but you'll see) Last but certainly not least, the Alicorns are, in essence, all 3 of the other races all in one package, having the strength of an earth pony, the flight of a Pegasus, and the magic of a unicorn on a far grander scale. does that explain things well enough? :)

Edited by ggg-2

Earth ponies have no wings or horns and are in charge of tending to the land. the Pegasi, as in mythology, have wings and, thus, are in charge of actually creating the weather. Unicorns, again as in mythology, have horns and are one of the only two races able to cast actual magic. (all four races have magic in a sense, but explaining that is WAAAAY too complicated to get into and explain at the moment but you'll see) Last but certainly not least, the Alicorns are, in essence, all 3 of the other races all in one package, having the strength of an earth pony, the flight of a Pegasus, and the magic of a unicorn on a far grander scale. does that explain things well enough? :)

Everyone's explanations have helped loads and now I can watch the show even better knowing what each charactor is, thanks again to everyone who helped me

Let's not forget the crystal ponies now; the one's whose magic is influenced by the Crystal Heart. :)