Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My First Ever Pony Drawing

Apple      Bloom

I see a few ponies are posting their first pony drawings so I decided to post mine too. It's an OC that someone made for me on ponychan. His name is Steenbeck.

The first picture is the original drawing I did on paper. The second is a trace over I did for practice when I got my tablet.

post-37-0-66044300-1320799397_thumb.png

post-37-0-94186500-1320799413_thumb.png

Back then I didn't really know how to draw ponies so I used a reference pic to look at while I drew it.

Edited by Apple Bloom

For a first, it looks quite good. It would be interesting to know how long you spent on it. I'd round off some of those hard vertices around the legs, though - the show's ponies don't have a single corner on them.

Next time, try challenging yourself and drawing a pony from an angle. Side-on views like this generally all tend to look like they were made in the Pony Creator, even when they weren't.

(edited)

For a first, it looks quite good. It would be interesting to know how long you spent on it. I'd round off some of those hard vertices around the legs, though - the show's ponies don't have a single corner on them.

Next time, try challenging yourself and drawing a pony from an angle. Side-on views like this generally all tend to look like they were made in the Pony Creator, even when they weren't.

I drew this a long time ago, shortly after finding the show. I didn't know how to draw ponies back then so I did what I do best, I looked at a picture and drew it, changing the mane slightly and adding the cutie mark. I've always been kind of good at looking at things and drawing them. If I had drawn it straight from my head it would have been much worse.

I can now draw different angles but I'm still not very good at expressions and poses.

Edit:

post-37-0-40108500-1320815248_thumb.jpg

See this thread.

Edited by Apple Bloom