Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament III

Literally Snails

After saying goodnight to Juri, he head back to his room to sleep and rest of for his next fight.  The next day he woke up and put his duster. club sheath, dagger and bags on before heading back to the arena to get a little more ready. When he was sharpening his dagger the announcer called him and his opponent to make way for the ring.  He takes off his club sheath and pulls out his club. Then he made his way to the arena. 

When he got to the middle he rests his club on his shoulder and wait for Overlord.

Juri gave Trench a subtle wink.

(Only a few more hours before I replace lonewolf. Don't worry.)

@

While Selune was on her way to the fighter's lounge, she was stopped by a young, yellow mare. She had a small saddlebag and an expression that seemed vacant of emotion. She was in an area that was restricted from normal fans.

"You are Selune Darkeye," she said, almost as if it was a question.

Tempest noticed Selune with another mare and felt his body tense. Anyone could be out to kill her, so it was probably for the best that he had his guard up. The bat pony then went back to meditating to make it seem that he wasn't aware of the other two ponies.

@@Gloomfury

(Due to his inactivity, I am replacing lonewolf. We need to get things moving again!)

Though Trench and the audience were all expecting Overlord to enter the arena, what they got was something different. What sounded like a series of thunderous booms was actually the next fighter's hoof-steps. From the entrance to the stadium ring, an armored minotaur entered in place of overlord. The Minotaur was average sized for his kind, making him a giant in comparison to a pony, but his foot steps were loud and heavy because of the weight he was carrying. He wore a suit of unusual armor with a helmet, chest-piece, arm guards and shinguards. The armor was not metal at all, and seemed to have the same texture as stone. What was so unusual about the armor was that it didn't appear to be designed for combat. It was unnecessarily cumbersome and thick and it only covered about a third of his body. The arm and leg guards looked like gigantic training weights that only covered his forearms and shins. The helmet only had a small slit for him to see through. He was also carrying a gigantic iron axe that had an axe blade almost as big as his entire torso! The axe itself must have weighed twice as much as he did!

With the axe on his shoulder, he stepped onto the ring opposite Trench. Every time he stepped, it left a small indention in the concrete.

"That's not Overlord!" someone shouted "The hell is this? There weren't even any minotaurs in the preliminaries!"

"Clearly there must have been a mistake," Topaz assured the audience, "This fight was supposed to be between Trench Club and Overlord. But overlord is no where to be seen and I have no idea who this mystery fighter is."

@@Literally Snails,@, Selune looked at Tempest as if questioning his fear. It was ridiculous for her a bit but before she had time to react another yellow coated mare that was... peculiar would be an understatement. Instinctively though she had an idea of what happened.

"I am guessing for you to be here someone sent you... and if i have to guess you are hypnotized or otherwise mind-controlled. So... why don't we cut to the chase? If you wanted to assassinate me you wouldn't even speak to me. You are here to deliver a message... from who is it and what does it say?"

Someone could say that she was jumping into assumptions but right now in this tournament and in this condition she didn't want to take chances.

@@Literally Snails,@, Selune looked at Tempest as if questioning his fear. It was ridiculous for her a bit but before she had time to react another yellow coated mare that was... peculiar would be an understatement. Instinctively though she had an idea of what happened."I am guessing for you to be here someone sent you... and if i have to guess you are hypnotized or otherwise mind-controlled. So... why don't we cut to the chase? If you wanted to assassinate me you wouldn't even speak to me. You are here to deliver a message... from who is it and what does it say?"Someone could say that she was jumping into assumptions but right now in this tournament and in this condition she didn't want to take chances.

The mare didn't respond to anything except for Selune's last question. "I represent an interested party that wishes to see you advance to the semi-finals," she said blatantly. She then laid down the small brief case revealing a syringe and a container of blue liquid.

"The chemical is a diluted mixture containing trace amounts of silver. If Crimson Grinn were to ingest it, or if it were to be introduced to his blood stream, it will not be deadly, but it will significantly reduce his powers," she said. "In the Dark Tournament, there are no rules."

The mare didn't respond to anything except for Selune's last question. "I represent an interested party that wishes to see you advance to the semi-finals," she said blatantly. She then laid down the small brief case revealing a syringe and a container of blue liquid.

"The chemical is a diluted mixture containing trace amounts of silver. If Crimson Grinn were to ingest it, or if it were to be introduced to his blood stream, it will not be deadly, but it will significantly reduce his powers," she said. "In the Dark Tournament, there are no rules."

Once Selune heard the message she took a blank expression. She didn't want to show any emotion or indication that she was shocked by this. She put her hoof considering the offer. She didn't know this Crimson guy much... maybe she should have tried something? In any case outright refusing this offer would be a mistake. Never let your enemies know you are coming...

"If i coated one of my daggers with it would it do the trick? No offense but your way is somewhat... generic... and generic for me is lame."

Once Selune heard the message she took a blank expression. She didn't want to show any emotion or indication that she was shocked by this. She put her hoof considering the offer. She didn't know this Crimson guy much... maybe she should have tried something? In any case outright refusing this offer would be a mistake. Never let your enemies know you are coming...

"If i coated one of my daggers with it would it do the trick? No offense but your way is somewhat... generic... and generic for me is lame."

@

"The chemical will work as long as it is absorbed into his blood. The individual I represent has extensive knowledge of Crimson Grinn as well as all of the other fighters. I was instructed to give this to you, but you are to do with it as you wish," the mare said.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench looked over the Minotaur, trying to find the places he can hit that's not covered by armor. He thought how many ways to attack as he stared at the Minotaur. He know this fight was not going to be easy, which means he had to take things seriously. He draws his dagger and placed it in his mouth. Then he took off his duster, reviling his strong body covered in countless scars, along with his prosthetic metal leg.  But he kept his bags on as he tossed his duster out of the ring.

Then he backed away a little and lowered the upper half of his body into his battle stance, with his club still resting on his shoulder.

@@Literally Snails, Just a moment before she's about to take it she hesitates. Strange thoughts of conspiracy fill her head.

"Knowing the shady business that occurs here i wouldn't be surprised if you guys used this to blackmail me later. I wouldn't be surprised if you even used this meeting against me. But... i will take it. Tell you masters this... i will be victorious one way or another, but if ANY of them backstab me... I will come for them... and by Luna's night there shall be no exit for them to escape."

She closes the package and takes it. A decision must be done... a question must be made. It will determine the way she deals with Crimson. She hides the package inside her cloak. She searches the arena with what little time she has before the fight.

@, There he is... she's got no time for games and it shows on her expression. "You... Crimson is it? I need to talk to you... NOW." she punctuated the last word as if she wasn't going to take no for an answer. Things were getting out of hoof.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Literally Snails,

Trench looked over the Minotaur, trying to find the places he can hit that's not covered by armor. He thought how many ways to attack as he stared at the Minotaur. He know this fight was not going to be easy, which means he had to take things seriously. He draws his dagger and placed it in his mouth. Then he took off his duster, reviling his strong body covered in countless scars, along with his prosthetic metal leg. But he kept his bags on as he tossed his duster out of the ring.

Then he backed away a little and lowered the upper half of his body into his battle stance, with his club still resting on his shoulder.

@@Gloomfury

(The vast majority of his body isn't armored. It only covers his head, half of his chest, forearms and forelegs.)

"Oooh! Trench has taken off his jacket for the first time! And what a perfectly sculpted body!" Topaz exclaimed.

The minotaur did not take a fighting stance. He exhaled from his nose deeply and kept his ace on his shoulders and his gaze focused on Trench.

"Out of all the promising members of your sect, Havoc was your choice?" Grant questioned to the other in his room as he watched the fight.

"He may not be the best choice, but he certainly offers the most entertainment." The other voice said.

"I've got a lot of money running on this." Grant reminded.

Topaz conveyed a message to the audience, "I've just received word from the honorable tournament committee that this unusual occurrence is the result of a last minute change in the roster. Due to Overlord being pronounced unfit to fight, he has been replaced by this new fighter: A minotaur by the pseudonym 'Havoc'."

Juri inched over to Havoc confused. He had given no indication that he was ready to fight. "Um, are you ready to fi-" She started to say, but she was immediately interrupted by Havoc slamming his axeblade into the concrete floor, causing a massive indention in the ground.

Juri reflexively jumped back. "I'm just gonna assume that means you're ready!"

She said nervously. She shuffled the outside of the ring and pronounced, "First match of the second round of the third Dark Tournament: Havoc versus Trench Club! Ready. Set. GO!"

@@Literally Snails, Just a moment before she's about to take it she hesitates. Strange thoughts of conspiracy fill her head.

"Knowing the shady business that occurs here i wouldn't be surprised if you guys used this to blackmail me later. I wouldn't be surprised if you even used this meeting against me. But... i will take it. Tell you masters this... i will be victorious one way or another, but if ANY of them backstab me... I will come for them... and by Luna's night there shall be no exit for them to escape."

She closes the package and takes it. A decision must be done... a question must be made. It will determine the way she deals with Crimson. She hides the package inside her cloak. She searches the arena with what little time she has before the fight.

@,

"I will," She said shortly. The mare respectfully nodded and began walking away. She walked alone down an empty hallway at a leisurely pace.

(Of course, you might want to trail her. This is one of your best chances to find out what's going on before the finale.)

Edited by Literally Snails

@@Literally Snails,((OOC:I think you forgot i mentioned sometime earlier in this RP that she has a raven assisting her as a companion. *grin* Her name is Akane)) Just as Selune was checking out to see if there were anyone watching her she whistled and to her side came a raven landing on her extended hoof. In their own signal language Selune instructed the crow to follow the yellow mare closely and report back to her. This was her chance... who would suspect a little animal? With swiftness and silence it could aid her where Selune herself couldn't reach. Right now she had to talk out something important.

@@Literally Snails,((OOC:I think you forgot i mentioned sometime earlier in this RP that she has a raven assisting her as a companion. *grin* Her name is Akane)) Just as Selune was checking out to see if there were anyone watching her she whistled and to her side came a raven landing on her extended hoof. In their own signal language Selune instructed the crow to follow the yellow mare closely and report back to her. This was her chance... who would suspect a little animal? With swiftness and silence it could aid her where Selune herself couldn't reach. Right now she had to talk out something important.

The mare entered the maintenance section of the stadium without being stopped by any guards. She was completely unaware of the bird's presence. When she came upon a room filed with metal pipes and valves, she stopped and called out, "I have completed my task Femi."

A mare walked into her view after she said this. The mare was a soft white color with a faded blue tail. Her face was covered in a tan silk that wrapped around her head and only had one opening slit for her left eye to see through.

"You have done well," Femi said in a soft tone, "I have one last task for you, but first you must know that you were followed."

The mare had no reaction to this.

Femi stepped to the side and looked in the direction of the raven. Though she couldn't physically see it, she somehow knew it was there. "Selune," She said, "You have been given your gift and you needn't know more. I cannot guarantee your bird's safety if it continues to follow."

Femi then turned her attention to the mare and gave her a small black bottle. "Give this to Kiwi. Tell her that it will help her beat Tempest. A drop of it in her Dragon Killer will increase her powers."

The mare nodded and took the bottle.

(If you haven't guessed, Femi is a telepath. should be familiar with her. I'm practically beating you guys over the head with the identity of the mystery pony with Grant at this point.)

Tempest stood as he noticed the conversation draw to a close. "If someone's targeting Crimson, then they may come after me as well." He thought to himself. "I'll have to get stronger if I am to win." The bat pony then decided to go back to meditating, not really caring about the current fight.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench started to circle around the large Minotaur. This wasn't the first time he's fought one. But this id the first time he's fighting one with armor and a vary big ax. Which he kept a close eye on. As he moved around  the ring while watching the Minotaur he thought of what he should do. He reached into his bag and pulled out a smoke bomb. He threw it at the ground near the Minotaur. When it exploded he charged towards him with on his hind legs  with his dagger in his left hoof. When he got close enough he cuts his left leg a ew good times and then got away from him. He gets back in his stance and outs his dagger in his mouth again.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench started to circle around the large Minotaur. This wasn't the first time he's fought one. But this id the first time he's fighting one with armor and a vary big ax. Which he kept a close eye on. As he moved around  the ring while watching the Minotaur he thought of what he should do. He reached into his bag and pulled out a smoke bomb. He threw it at the ground near the Minotaur. When it exploded he charged towards him with on his hind legs  with his dagger in his left hoof. When he got close enough he cuts his left leg a ew good times and then got away from him. He gets back in his stance and outs his dagger in his mouth again.

The minotaur did nothing to dodge or block. The knife sliced into his leg a few times, but never got deep enough to cause major bleeding.

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS!" One fan complained, "Havoc's axe must weigh twice as much as he does! He'll never swing it fast enough to hit a snail!"

Topaz also commented, "Trench is flailing his knife around like a madpony, and Havoc is just letting him do it! He's just standing around like a statue!"

Havoc exhaled deeply, his vaporous breath could be seen seeping out from his helmet. Suddenly, he readied his axe and charged at Trench with surprisingly agile speed.

"Looks like I spoke too soon! Havoc is going in for an attack!"

Havoc quickly slashed downward at Trench with the massive axe, swinging as if it was a measly pocket knife.

@@Literally Snails,

Trench dodge to the side and ran past Havoc, cutting the same place on his leg as he went past him. Which made it open a little more. To add to it he threw  a small throwing knife at the same leg. He had a point of for attack that was easy to get to. And he needed to keep hitting it. Then bit by bit Havoc wont be able to use it and he'll be more vulnerable. 

@@Literally Snails,

Trench dodge to the side and ran past Havoc, cutting the same place on his leg as he went past him. Which made it open a little more. To add to it he threw  a small throwing knife at the same leg. He had a point of for attack that was easy to get to. And he needed to keep hitting it. Then bit by bit Havoc wont be able to use it and he'll be more vulnerable. 

(You kind of dodged that too easy. Havoc is actually really fast, but whatever.)

When the axe crashed into the ground it imbedded into the concrete and sent chunks of debris off in random directions. Havoc stood still with his axe in the floor before he stood upright and picked the axe back up. With his left hand, he wiped a sample of blood off his leg and held it to his eyes. He then spoke for the first time. His deep voice eerily echoed from his mouthless helmet, making it sound like a monster speaking from deep within a cave.

"I realize Mason was right about this fight. I apologize for underestimating you," He said. The audience became silent and intently listened to what he had to say. "I'll remove my armor."

Without saying anything else, he ripped off the leather straps to one of his arm-guards. When the arm-guard fell to the floor, it was so heavy that it cracked the concrete floor and imbedded into it slightly. He did the same with his second arm-guard and it fell on-top of the first, causing it to sink in further. After that, he knelt down and started loosening the straps to his shinguards.

"I honestly don't understand what I'm looking at," Topaz said, "Just when things were getting good, it looks like Havoc dropped the silence routine and is now taking off his armor! I say that's weird because last time I checked, armored fighters bleed a lot less than those without armor."

Godric smirked as the minotaur rwmoved his armour. "Training wieghts ...it seems he has finished playing", he said before flying back to his hotel room boredly. "The pony may still win...but not without injury...could be interesting enough", he said quietly as walked down the hall.

@

"I'm disappointed that Sole didn't come this year," The unidentified voice said to Grant.

"I thought you would hate to see him," Grant said.

"You really don't understand me, do you?" The voice asked.

"I don't need to."

"That's fair enough. I believe I'm ready now."

"I don't need you yet."

(Please tell me you know who he is by now.)

Tempest sighed as he stood and began to look for Kiwi. "I wonder if she is here. I kinda left her with Crimson yesterday, so I don't expect her to really talk to me." He thought, shrugging slightly. The bat pony then turned his attention towards the fight and smirked. "This could prove an interesting fight." He would look for Kiwi later, assuming that she wouldn't find him first.

Tempest sighed as he stood and began to look for Kiwi. "I wonder if she is here. I kinda left her with Crimson yesterday, so I don't expect her to really talk to me." He thought, shrugging slightly. The bat pony then turned his attention towards the fight and smirked. "This could prove an interesting fight." He would look for Kiwi later, assuming that she wouldn't find him first.

Kiwi stepped up behind Tempest. She had been walking around the top of the stadium, observing the fight when she saw him. She was acting different than normal. Her eyes weren't glazed over and her voice was clear. She was sober.

"The big one ain't a fuss," She said cryptically.

Tempest nodded slightly and smirked. "Yeah. I could probably take him." He said. "It's just interesting to see how non-equine species fight. Dragons use their claws and flames, griffions are basically pegasi, and minatours use brute strength and whatever heavy weapon they can get their hands on." The bat pony then smirked and turned to face Kiwi. "So, what did you and Crimson do after I left?"

Tempest nodded slightly and smirked. "Yeah. I could probably take him." He said. "It's just interesting to see how non-equine species fight. Dragons use their claws and flames, griffions are basically pegasi, and minatours use brute strength and whatever heavy weapon they can get their hands on." The bat pony then smirked and turned to face Kiwi. "So, what did you and Crimson do after I left?"

Kiwi chuckled, "Let him try a swig of drakeling and he almost puked his damned eyes out. Takes an earth pony to handle alcie that strong." She focused back on the fight. "But don't take what I said wrong, That Minotaur is a might stronger than you give him credit for. That armor he took off wasn't just some training weights. They were a seal. Can't ya feel him now? It's like his energy was trapped inside a that suit and now it's come out to say hello."

"True, but then again, so am I." He said, not really caring. "I do admit, though. He does seem to have a certain aura to him." The bat pony then simply watched the fight, studying both potential opponents' fighting style. "No matter who wins, at least one of us will have to fight them." He muttered under his breath.

@@Literally Snails, ((Damn, sorry dude. Sometimes life gets in the way.)) 

Trench waited till Havoc was done. He would never sink low enough to attack someone when their back was turned or when they weren't ready. When he say the arm sink further into the ground with the combine weight, he knew this fight was going to get a little tougher. He was a bit surprised to see a Minotaur of havoc's size move so quickly and swing a large ax like it was nothing.  Trench got back in his stance to get ready to move at a moments notice.