Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open To justify the means ( IC RP)

Vae Victis

And with the chanting and the into music complete, the Kuroko fire off a bunch of poppers that release shiny, multicolored streamers and glitter.

But that was just the show. Samurai instantly knuckles down on all fours, getting ready to stampede like a wild animal; his eyes focused sharply on Snowstorm like a predator hunting it's prey. "Stay focused. Don't lose a second. The minute he says go, give him all you've got!" Samurai thinks to himself, waiting for the announcer to tell them to begin fighting.

The young mares who cheered for Snowstorm became hostile toward Samurai Equine.

"If you hurt one hair on his head, you're gonna be sorry!" One said.

"You keep that smug attitude to yourself or you're gonna have to deal with us!"

"Nobody wants to kiss you!"

One of them stuck her tung out.

"Tacky," Snowstorm scoffed after seeing his opponents entrance. "You overdid it." He unsheathed his sword, which appeared to be a normal katana, and twirled it a few times before resting it to his opposite side. "However, your humble warrior routine is stealing my spotlight!"

He held out his blade, displaying the perfect craftsmanship. "Did you know that Impish weapon smiths originally borrowed the design of the katana from your ancestors? Although we greatly improved on the design, the blade was first crafted by ponies. Like slaves faithfully serving their masters, your ancestors actually made something that the races of demons found useful."

Edited by Literally Snails

@The Phantom lancer

Rosalia became visible to kazas, and it nearly surprised him.

Kazas:

" well, hello there. You must be a friend of agririon's. it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Kazas."

He said with a light hearted and cheery smile.

Syuren yelled as he continued counting Lorec's push-ups

___

Syuren:

" 124, 125, 126, 127, 128...... Hey kaz! Who are you talking to, a wall? you fry your brain last match?"

He said in a joking tone. It was obvious that he still couldn't see her.

Kazas:

" oh I get it.... Everyone, there is someone here with us. Use the vision of the ancients to see her."

_______

Syuren's eyes started glowing green. Lorec's started to glow a brownish gold, and alrahm's glew a dark silver.

Syuren spoke up again, this time, being able to see her.

Syuren:

" heyoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Nice to meet you! Oh wait.... I get it... You're agririon's girl, ain't ya? Guys I solved the mystery! She was appearing invisible to get kissy kissy with-"

Kazas interrupted.

" Ren, I don't think it's like that."

_____

Syuren:

" you sure? She looks like agririon's type."

____

Kazas:

" I'm sure. Now stop this foolishness, syuren. You're going to scare away our new guest."

Just then, an unknown voice could be heard. It came from alrahm's general direction.

???:

" you know, if a wraith is going to make herself present, then I should too."

Alrahm was smiling. Out of his shadow, a pony started to emerge. Cloaked in black sporting throwing knives, a spare dagger, and his signature chained sickle. His face was covered with the black cloak, with only his deep purple eyes showing. It was Vorrin Lacrev, the number four of the keepers, and the gargoyle ruler hyldran's bequeathed. he fully emerged from alrahm's shadow, as per one of his abilities to control darkness. He was the best one-on-one fighter of the keepers, and oddly enough, wasn't participating, just like Alrahm.

Vorrin:

" hey guys... Sorry I left you all hanging for this one! I got on as security detail in case the fights got too dangerous! I was actually about to step into syuren's fight to stop it before agririon got him with that nasty headbutt! Thank Luna he did."

@literally snails @samurai equine

The announcer stood between the two, who were ten feet away from each other. He was smiling, and speaking into his microphone.

Announcer:

" ohhhhhhhhhhh, and harsh words from the handsome snowstorm! Samurai equine, do you have anything to say to this majestic Fabio of a pony before the battle commences?"

_________

------------------------------------(nearing canterlot)------------------------------------

Avaerus and Zephrael flew high into the sky to avoid being seen by regular pegasi patrols. In their view, they could see canterlot and the arena that had been built. They flew and landed on clouds high above the arena. Avaerus stood there with Zephrael, looking down into the arena.

_____

Avaerus:

" it seems as though a confrontation is about to commence. It is between a.... What... What is this creature? It looks like a pegasi, but is not.... It's something quite sinister... And potentially ugly if it's true face is revealed. I did not create this type of being... I wonder if it's an evolution of a changeling... Or perhaps... A spawn of the original corruption. Either way, it looks like he is about to fight a unicorn. Japonese descent."

_________

zephrael questioned Avaerus.

" is that one the most powerful of the demon group that has appeared here?"

Avaerus answered.

" no. That title is reserved for the scraggly pony sitting in the stands. To them, he is quite strong. But to you and I, nothing but a queen ant in terms of power. A queen ant may lead all others, but will always still be an ant. The same applies to the wraith, the psychic, and your descendant and his friends. All of them. Weaklings. They will not survive unless we make them strong. To become strong, one must suffer."

_______

Zephrael's face had a saddened look upon his face.

" Avaerus.... Must we do this? These are innocent souls. I've spilt so much blood in both lifetimes that the guilt is overwhelming. Why can we not just warn them? Join forces with them? Surely the princesses will understand. It's one thing to be called a monster by history. It's another to actually act as you are portrayed. Not only that, but we are hurting them, Avaerus. Our ends do not justify our means.

Avaerus spoke, this time, in a very angry tone.

" zephrael, this is for the good of all mortals! If they are noy strong, then they will fall! This is absolute truth! You KNOW what is coming, zephrael! I made you and them, and I will NOT have my creations.... No, my children, who the all-maker wanted to live, be slaughtered like pigs in a butcher shop! That's why If this doesn't work, we have the contingency plan. Hopefully, we won't have to resort to that. We must temper iron into steel, zephrael. They must overcome the trials and become stronger. They will learn that unity is what this world needs again, or they will fall. There will be no good or evil when the final fight comes. Only survival. This is to make sure they survive. Now, remember your role. Remember the plan, and remember that this is for their own good."

________

Zephrael started to shed tears of blood, a tell-tale sign of necromancy's mischievous hands. What he and Avaerus were about to do is, at best, unforgivable. Avaerus's eyes started to glow pure white under his hood. His eight wings fanned out. His claw was armored, and raised. Clouds started to travel towards canterlot. To those below, it would seem as if a simple storm was blowing in due to lazy pegasi watching the festivities. Only Avaerus and zephrael knew that this storm was a prelude to devastation. Avaerus was still blocking out all magical sense in the area along with storm-weaving, so no one would discover what was truly happening.

Samurai remained silent. Sure, he's like to say something, but this is a fight. His silence says it all. He wants to focus on what's right in front of him for now. That's all that matters.

However, as he waits for the announcer to give a go-ahead, Samurai is getting that familiar ominous feeling again. It makes him grit his teeth and focus even harder, the air around the tournament grounds getting hotter and a little harder to breathe in.

@samurai equine @literally snails

The announcer looked at samurai equine, and then back at snowstorm. He was smiling. Celestia knew that this fight was coming, and she decided to so something special to pump up both of the fighters, as they both had connections with the japonese.

Music started blaring from around the arena. It was to be the music to which they battled.

____

____

Announcer:

" now, if no further words need to be said... Give us a good show, and remember that your princesses watch over you both in this fight!"

He raised his hoof, and dropped it.

" COMMENCE THE BATTLE!"

Samurai remained silent. Sure, he's like to say something, but this is a fight. His silence says it all. He wants to focus on what's right in front of him for now. That's all that matters.

However, as he waits for the announcer to give a go-ahead, Samurai is getting that familiar ominous feeling again. It makes him grit his teeth and focus even harder, the air around the tournament grounds getting hotter and a little harder to breathe in.

As soon as the announcer gave the signal, Snowstorm raised his sword and began slowly sidestep, ready to jump at any moment. He was clearly waiting for his opponent to make the first move.

Roto was walking alone in the dimly lit halls with his head hung. He knew what was likely going to happen to him.

The second the announcer said commence, Samurai dashes out at Snowstorm at ramming speed! However, before they can collide, Samurai leaps up 3-5 stories in the air! As he does so, he does flips, spins, and all kind of acrobatic moves! He makes it clear that his armor does NOT weigh him down in the least.

And when he lands behind Snowstorm, it isn't more than a second before he starts throwing a series of rapid fire punches! Each horse-shoe clad hoof is aiming straight for him. Jabs, uppercuts, hind-leg bucks, you name it!

The second the announcer said commence, Samurai dashes out at Snowstorm at ramming speed! However, before they can collide, Samurai leaps up 3-5 stories in the air! As he does so, he does flips, spins, and all kind of acrobatic moves! He makes it clear that his armor does NOT weigh him down in the least.

And when he lands behind Snowstorm, it isn't more than a second before he starts throwing a series of rapid fire punches! Each horse-shoe clad hoof is aiming straight for him. Jabs, uppercuts, hind-leg bucks, you name it!

It became obvious that Snowstorm's bragging did have something to show for it. His blade was clenched in his right front hoof, but he didn't use it at all. Instead, he hovered a few inches above the ground with his wings, and used his left front hoof to block the flurry of attacks! The appendage was moving as fast enough to block all four of the samurai's attacking appendages, switching between different styles of blocks in the blink of an eye. There was no doubt about it, he was showing off.

After a few prolonged seconds of this, Snowstorm spun his sword and parried one of Samurai Equine's hooves with the blunt side of the blade. Sparks flew out from the clash of metal and both fighters were forced back, halting the assault.

Snowstorm quickly glanced at his right front hoof which now had several bruises from the countless blocks it had preformed. He looked back at Equine and spread his wings. He then took off into the air, only a few feet off the ground, but didn't fly directly at the samurai. Instead, he started circling him at a tremendous speed. It was nearly impossible for a pony's eye to follow him because he zipped around faster than somepony's head could turn and constantly shifted directions. Of course, he couldn't resist taunting Equine while he did this.

"You're fast."

"But how fast are your eyes?"

"Let's see if you can keep up!"

"Pony eyes are so slow!"

"Tell me if I'm going too fast for you!"

"Do I frighten you?"

"DO I?"

He eventually shifted his direction to fly directly at Samurai Equine at a 60 degree angle from his left side, charging at him at the same breakneck speed with his sword prepared to strike. He swung down on his opponent's back with the butt of his blade. The blunt, metal hilt would have still done tremendous damage at this speed, but it wouldn't kill him.

Roto practically jumped when he saw two figures walking toward him. He recognized them even in the dark, Mason and Kierro (Kierro is the name of the new pony with the metal mouth cover). There was no use in running, of course. So he stood still.

"I can explain what happened!" He exclaimed as his colleagues approached. "He tricked me! I had the match won, just like always!"

"If you had the match won we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?" Mason asked. He and Kierro had come into full view. "Ki, what happens to a member of the Yokai Seven who embarrasses the sect?"

"We kill them, of course," Kierro promptly replied.

"That sounds fair enough," Mason said. He held out one of his hooves, and three sharp tendrils shot out directly at Roto's face.

"I CAN KILL HIM!" Roto shouted. The tendrils stopped just short of their target. "I promise! I can kill Kazas! It will make up for my failure, yes?"

"It certainly would," Mason said thoughtfully.

Roto became even more horrified when he saw that Kierro had disappeared from his sight. He had looked away from Kierro for a split second and that was a deadly mistake. He then felt something touch his shoulders. It was the masked demon, who was now gently leaning over Roto's back and lightly touching him.

"But why should I expect you to be able to kill him if you've already failed to him once?" Mason asked.

Roto was shivering in fear. Kierro had never been this close to him before, and he preferred it that way. Sweet started to trickle down his face and back.

Ki leaned toward his ear and whispered, "He wants an answer, love."

Roto stuttered, "I... He... He-he wants to help me! He-he-he offered to help-p me. I can... I can trick him like he tricked me. I-I'll get close and kill him."

Mason smiled and said, "Very well. I'm not unreasonable. If you can truly do this, I'll give you a second chance."

Roto began to give out a sigh of relief, but was stopped when Mason said something else.

"However, no failure goes without punishment!" He pointed to Kierro. "Cripple the right front leg."

Kierro gracefully stepped away from Roto's back, then quickly tapped Roto's right front leg and returned to his master's side. A small explosion of fire and blood burst out from directly where Kierro had touched him. Roto fell on the floor with his leg in a mangled mess of torn flesh and several broken bones.

"Consider yourself lucky that I'm merciful," Mason said. He and Kierro walked away and left Roto to bleed.

Samurai rubs his arm where he got struck, but is quickly awestruck by Snowstorm's ability to fly. This might actually test him. "So glorious... If only I had been born a pegasus..."

However, Samurai listens to what he has to say. When he dives in, Samurai closes his eyes. It looks like Snowstorm is going to hit...!

CLANG!

Snowstorm's blade makes contact... with Samurai's horn! And he still has his eyes closed! "Perhaps you are right... My eyes are going to betray me. But not my senses. So BRING IT!" And thus, the fight REALLY heats up. Snowstorm constantly striking at his fast pace, Samurai blocking a few times with his horn and dodging at the last second all the other times. But as this is going on, Samurai is concentrating. "Let thy aim be true and thy will persistent, strike down foes across any distance!" Samurai thinks to himself.

Finally, when Samurai breaks away one last time, he opens eyes. They are glowing, and so is his horn! His horn grows a length, then even longer, and then even LONGER! The third time it grows, it is at least 2 stories taller than the stands housing the entire audience. After the audience has had a moment to admire, it snaps back to normal length. "Snowstorm, does this scare you? Magic Horn EXTEND!!" And with that, Samurai lowers his head, and his horn begins to extend and retract at a VERY rapid speed. It's like seeing a machine gun go off! And all Samurai has to do is casually walk along and adjust his aim to follow Snowstorm's movements in the air.

Can Snowstorm avoid it? With his speed, most likely. However, if he wants to move in to hurt Samurai, he'll have to risk getting hurt as well. And getting hit with this attack is like getting stabbed in multiple spots by thousands of knives.

Edited by Samurai Equine

Samurai rubs his arm where he got struck, but is quickly awestruck by Snowstorm's ability to fly. This might actually test him. "So glorious... If only I had been born a pegasus..."

However, Samurai listens to what he has to say. When he dives in, Samurai closes his eyes. It looks like Snowstorm is going to hit...!

CLANG!

Snowstorm's blade makes contact... with Samurai's horn! And he still has his eyes closed! "Perhaps you are right... My eyes are going to betray me. But not my senses. So BRING IT!" And thus, the fight REALLY heats up. Snowstorm constantly striking at his fast pace, Samurai blocking a few times with his horn and dodging at the last second all the other times. But as this is going on, Samurai is concentrating. "Let thy aim be true and thy will persistent, strike down foes across any distance!" Samurai thinks to himself.

Finally, when Samurai breaks away one last time, he opens eyes. They are glowing, and so is his horn! His horn grows a length, then even longer, and then even LONGER! The third time it grows, it is at least 2 stories taller than the stands housing the entire audience. After the audience has had a moment to admire, it snaps back to normal length. "Snowstorm, does this scare you? Magic Horn EXTEND!!" And with that, Samurai lowers his head, and his horn begins to extend and retract at a VERY rapid speed. It's like seeing a machine gun go off! And all Samurai has to do is casually walk along and adjust his aim to follow Snowstorm's movements in the air.

Can Snowstorm avoid it? With his speed, most likely. However, if he wants to move in to hurt Samurai, he'll have to risk getting hurt as well. And getting hit with this attack is like getting stabbed in multiple spots by thousands of knives.

Samurai's new attack was impressive but easy to dodge. He was restricted by the flexibility of his neck. The further the horn extended, the further it was from Samurai's center of gravity, making it increasingly easier to parry.

He hovered on the furthest reach of his horn, the easiest place to dodge. "I was hoping not to have to use this, but you've forced me to act!"

He held the hilt of his sword with both of his front hooves and began to pull the hilt apart, separating the top and bottom sections of the hilt to reveal a grotesque compartment of flesh that extended the hilt to three times it's normal length. The handle of flesh had a knot with three holes that appeared to be eyes and a mouth.

post-2801-0-53169400-1412560917.png

"The Banshee Shriek, such a lovely name for a sword, don't you think?"

(Shit's about to get hardcore. Remember that his #1 weakness is that the sword is stronger than he is.)

• Brohoof 1

"The Banshee Shriek, such a lovely name for a sword, don't you think?"

(Shit's about to get hardcore. Remember that his #1 weakness is that the sword is stronger than he is.)

(Dude! Props for the YuYu Hakusho ref!)

Though it is the perfect way to keep Snowstorm at bay, Samurai ends his Magic Horn Extend attack, snapping his horn back to normal length and keeping it there. He doesn't fully know what Snowstorm has planned, and he may want to keep his horn in one piece for now.

"My, my... That looks positively demonic. Another perk of being a member of the Yokai Seven?" Samurai asks.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@samurai equine @magos ampharose @literally snails

A storm was brewing over canterlot. Winds were picking up, and it had started raining over the crowd. Lightning could be seen in the background, and the roaring of thunder began. The crowd voiced their displeasure.

" gah!!! Rain?!? We weren't supposed to get any until three days from now!"

" my hair! My hair is ruined!"

" lazy pegasi! You're the ones who control the clouds!"

" hey!!!! We did our job! This is just a freak storm! Stuff happens!"

Thankfully, not a moment later, a retractable awning that had been installed for just such an occasion fanned out over the crowd. The fighters were not so lucky. they would be drenched by the storm. This of course, may change the dynamics of the battle a bit.

Lorec sniffed and smelled something... Blood. but no one was bleeding in the locker room. It was coming from elsewhere, and he was going to track it. He spoke up.

_____

" kazas.... I smell blood.... I need to track it. It's not coming from the arena. I suspect foul play...."

_____

Kazas looked at him and nodded.

Kazas:

" very well. But be carefu-

_____

Syuren, being as obnoxious as he was, enthusiastically yelled.

" heyyyyyyy, you all stay here. I'll go check it out! C'mon, I'm a curious bastard!"

______

Lorec:

" syuren.... If its okay with kazas...."

________

Kazas:

" as much as I hate to, very well. Ren, be careful. For the love of the all-maker, yell if anything bad happens."

______

Syuren:

" pffffffffffffffff!!!! As if my awesomeness would allow me to get hurt! I'll be back!

Syuren ventured off into the hallway alone.

Syuren:

" hello? Helloooo???? Anyone here? Bleeding, or something???? Any hot phillies? If you answer no to one of these questions, I just wasted my time!"

Vorrin spoke up.

" oh, ren... He always gets into trouble. I'm going to head back up to the stands to watch the fight. Mrs. Rosalia, it was nice meeting you, but I am on duty. I'll see you around!"

With that, vorrin trotted off to watch the fights. Alrahm followed, as he was wanting to collect data. This left Rosalia with kazas and Lorec. The sound of thunder was rumbling even the underground locker room. Kazas spoke to Rosalia.

_____

Kazas:

" well.. Guess that leaves, you, Lorec, and me. So... Anything you want to talk about?"

@@Samurai Equine

(Each of my characters in this RP is based off of a YYH villain. Roto = Roto (obviously), Snowstorm = Shishiwakamaru, Havoc = Bui, Kierro = Karasu, and Mason = Elder Toguro.)

Snowstorm held out the blade so that Equine could see it and hovered down to the ground. "This blade is the pentacle of demonic craftsmanship. It controls and summons the spirits of the dead! Unfortunately, I can't unleash it's true power for fear of killing you and the audience! TWENTY FIVE PERCENT SHOULD BE ENOUGH!"

He spun the blade around and pointed it's tip at the Samurai. The fleshy handle began to glow red as did the sword's wielder. "Prepare yourself! ROCK SPLITTING WAIL!"

Fitting the title of the attack, the Banshee Shriek emitted a horrible, high pitched wail that emanated throughout the stadium, breaking glass and a few eardrums. The force of the wail was focused into a sonic wave of energy that burst out at Samurai Equine and left a trail of broken cement behind it as it hurtled toward him.

Syuren ventured off into the hallway alone.

Syuren:
" hello? Helloooo???? Anyone here? Bleeding, or something???? Any hot phillies? If you answer no to one of these questions, I just wasted my time!"

"But not my time." Kierro said. Instead of finding Roto, Syuren had ran into Kierro, the slender earth pony-like creature with long jet black hair and eyes peering directly at Syuren in a way that seemed vaguely predatory. His voice was smooth and sensual, like a caring lover.

"I'm glad you came here, Syuren," he said, "I did find you very interesting. I heard about your fight. I don't care that you lost. All that matters to me is that you were... interesting." He paused and stared at Syuren uncomfortably before speaking again. "You're hair is so beautiful. Yet it's also perfectly natural. In a way I envy your kind for your natural beauty. Such silky hair."

@samurai equine @magos ampharose @literally snails

A storm was brewing over canterlot. Winds were picking up, and it had started raining over the crowd. Lightning could be seen in the background, and the roaring of thunder began. The crowd voiced their displeasure.

" gah!!! Rain?!? We weren't supposed to get any until three days from now!"

" my hair! My hair is ruined!"

" lazy pegasi! You're the ones who control the clouds!"

" hey!!!! We did our job! This is just a freak storm! Stuff happens!"

Thankfully, not a moment later, a retractable awning that had been installed for just such an occasion fanned out over the crowd. The fighters were not so lucky. they would be drenched by the storm. This of course, may change the dynamics of the battle a bit.

Mason was off on his own. When the storm began, he looked up at the ceiling, even though there was nothing to be seen. He felt the closest thing to fear he had felt in a very long time. A class power levels? How didn't I feel that before?

• Brohoof 1

@literally snails

Syuren started to back away very slowly. Not from fear, but uncomfortableness. He spoke to this mysterious masked pony in a nervous voice.

" aha... Yeah buddy... Ummm... Look, I've seen enough japonese cartoons to know where this is going, and I kinda don't want it to go that way..... Ya know what I mean? So... Err... Is there like.... Anyone dying down here? Lorec said that he got a whiff o' blood..."

@literally snails

Syuren started to back away very slowly. Not from fear, but uncomfortableness. He spoke to this mysterious masked pony in a nervous voice.

" aha... Yeah buddy... Ummm... Look, I've seen enough japonese cartoons to know where this is going, and I kinda don't want it to go that way..... Ya know what I mean? So... Err... Is there like.... Anyone dying down here? Lorec said that he got a whiff o' blood..."

"No one but us." Kierro said.

He touched the wall beside him, and then stepped away from it. After a second of waiting, a small explosion blasted through the wall where he had touched it. This was a distraction. As soon as Syuren took his eyes off of Kierro, he vanished from sight and reappeared directly behind him.

Ki quickly touched Syuren's neck with his front hooves and began to rub his mane. "I know you fear what my touch can do to you. And yet... maybe you also want to know it..."

@literally snails

Syuren didn't dare move.

" I really, really don't wanna know or feel. In fact, I kinda... Don't wanna have this talk, buddy. I mean, I appreciate the compliments and all, but you're all up in my personal space and why are your hooves so soft..."

Syuren realized what he said, and blushed.

" gah! I mean... Err... Seriously. Can I just go? Please? This is seriously awkward as hell."

@literally snails

Syuren didn't dare move.

" I really, really don't wanna know or feel. In fact, I kinda... Don't wanna have this talk, buddy. I mean, I appreciate the compliments and all, but you're all up in my personal space and why are your hooves so soft..."

Syuren realized what he said, and blushed.

" gah! I mean... Err... Seriously. Can I just go? Please? This is seriously awkward as hell."

Kierro lifted up a locket of his hair and let it slide back into place. Ignoring what Syuren had said, he spoke. "Your hair is damaged, Syuren. How tragic that things that are so beautiful are also fragile, like a butterfly." He stopped touching Syuren's hair and moved to his shoulders, whispering into his ear, "I love you, Syuren, and when I love something, I love to take it away."

@literally snails

Syuren felt shivers down his spine. He was thinking to himself.

'Man, I am going to die here... I am seriously about to die, because this guy is rubbing all up on me. Man... Lorec Is so gonna piss on my grave for this..... I gotta talk my way out of this.'

He spoke.

" and... Whaddya mean by takin' what you love away? Because I promise that if you think I'm pretty, I won't be if I'm pieces splattered against a wall."

@@Samurai Equine

(Each of my characters in this RP is based off of a YYH villain. Roto = Roto (obviously), Snowstorm = Shishiwakamaru, Havoc = Bui, Kierro = Karasu, and Mason = Elder Toguro.)

Snowstorm held out the blade so that Equine could see it and hovered down to the ground. "This blade is the pentacle of demonic craftsmanship. It controls and summons the spirits of the dead! Unfortunately, I can't unleash it's true power for fear of killing you and the audience! TWENTY FIVE PERCENT SHOULD BE ENOUGH!"

He spun the blade around and pointed it's tip at the Samurai. The fleshy handle began to glow red as did the sword's wielder. "Prepare yourself! ROCK SPLITTING WAIL!"

Fitting the title of the attack, the Banshee Shriek emitted a horrible, high pitched wail that emanated throughout the stadium, breaking glass and a few eardrums. The force of the wail was focused into a sonic wave of energy that burst out at Samurai Equine and left a trail of broken cement behind it as it hurtled toward him.

(Ah. Well, props indeed then. And I'm sorry, but I never finished that story arch of YYH. So the ending to this match will have to be unique)

Samurai's eyes go wide and he quickly tilts his head to the side, trying to make his helmet absorb most of the shriek while still keeping an eye on his opponent. But it's not easy. Even at only 25%, cracks are starting to form in his helmet. "Kisama! No choice..." Samurai closes his eyes. "A fire inherited from heir to heir. Cast out the shadows and dispell all fears." Samurai thinks to himself. All the while, his horn has begun glowing. No, wait... It's on fire, now! An intense red fire!

Samurai gets a running start, then leaps into the air, does some acrobatic moves to increase his velocity, and gets as close to Snowstorm as he can. "The next spell! Flaming Horn Attack!!" Samurai swings his horn and the fire lashes out like a short-range flamethrower, but he isn't aiming for Snowstorm. He's aiming for his weapon!

Edited by Samurai Equine

@literally snails

Syuren felt shivers down his spine. He was thinking to himself.

'Man, I am going to die here... I am seriously about to die, because this guy is rubbing all up on me. Man... Lorec Is so gonna piss on my grave for this..... I gotta talk my way out of this.'

He spoke.

" and... Whaddya mean by takin' what you love away? Because I promise that if you think I'm pretty, I won't be if I'm pieces splattered against a wall."

(You should probably have someone save him now.)

"But that's exactly what I want," Ki whispered. He stepped on the end of Syuren's tail with one of his back hooves. "The intimacy between murderer and victim is unparalleled!"

(Ah. Well, props indeed then. And I'm sorry, but I never finished that story arch of YYH. So the ending to this match will have to be unique)

Samurai's eyes go wide and he quickly tilts his head to the side, trying to make his helmet absorb most of the shriek while still keeping an eye on his opponent. But it's not easy. Even at only 25%, cracks are starting to form in his helmet. "Kisama! No choice..." Samurai closes his eyes. "A fire inherited from heir to heir. Cast out the shadows and dispell all fears." Samurai thinks to himself. All the while, his horn has begun glowing. No, wait... It's on fire, now! An intense red fire!

Samurai gets a running start, then leaps into the air, does some acrobatic moves to increase his velocity, and gets as close to Snowstorm as he can. "The next spell! Flaming Horn Attack!!" Samurai swings his horn and the fire lashes out like a short-range flamethrower, but he isn't aiming for Snowstorm. He's aiming for his weapon!

Snowstorm was given some time to think while Samurai chanted. If he has to chant before he preforms it, this won't be a typical spell. When Samurai lunged at him it was obvious that his target was the sword. Snowstorm had the sword extended. An easy target. He had two options to avoid the attack, but one of them would require revealing his nature. He chose the second.

Snowstorm quickly pulled the blade back and spun so that his back was between the flames and the sword. He quickly sidestepped out of the way, but he had to make a sacrifice. The flames struck his back before he rolled out of the way. His blue uwagi caught fire and he had to quickly rip it off and discard it.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE AN AUTHENTIC UWAGI IS IN THIS COUNTRY?" For the first time in the fight, he lost his cool composure. His left eye became yellow with a slitted red. He closed both of his eye and when he reopened them, they were both back to 'normal.'

He seriously considered using one of his more deadly techniques, but all of the carried the risk of collateral damage. Instead, he tried a more dazzling approach. He struck the Banshee Shriek's blade on the ground. "Cage of Hell!" A circular cage rose up around the two fighters. It's walls were nearly ten feet tall, too tall to jump over, restricting them into the cage that was less than half the size of the ring. The walls were see through and light blue, almost looking like water. In several places there appeared to be a screaming face and there was constant wailing sound emanating from the walls. "Maybe I did forget to mention that I can also turn the cries of the damned into the shape of a wall. I wouldn't recommend touching the walls, to do so would bring instantaneous death and add your soul to the wall. It's going to be a hell of a cage fight!" 

• Brohoof 1

Not the intended target, but Samurai was glad that he hit something with his attack!

Until he hit the ground and found himself in quite the cage, that is. "Wow... All this over a piece of clothing? You are definitely a much better fighter than most other ponies I've faced..." Samurai takes a moment to adjust his helmet. "That shriek your sword made... Why didn't affect you as well? I got lucky, my helmet deflected most of the sound. Or maybe you want me to find out the hard way?" Samurai asks.

As he talks, he takes a moment to strategize. His cart it outside the cage and not within reaching distance. Even with his armor, it'd be risky touching the cage walls. For now, he carefully aims his horn, and stomps on the ground like a wild animal holding itself back.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@literally snails

Syuren gulped. This was it, then. Great. Well, at least he'd get to go out with a bang. Just not the kind that he'd wanted...

Of course, this might have been true, if a very pissed off Minotaur hadn't been behind kierro. Lorec, to be exact.

He punched a wall. His eyes started to glow their brownish-gold, the trademark aura color of the ursa king's champion. He yelled as he did this.

" syuren!!! Move forward!"

Syuren didn't hesitate. A thick slab of stone raised between kierro's hoof and syuren's body. Kierro have his hoof smashed if he didn't move it, and plus, this was a perfect distraction for which syuren could get away.

The slab blocked the entirety of the hall from kierro, and Lorec was right behind him, 10 feet away for a safe distance. This was Lorec's power. In addition to having a superior physical prowess, he commanded the earth and all that comes from it with his sheer willpower alone.

Syuren sped down the hallway, now hovering off the ground. He didn't know if Lorec could hear, but he looked back and yelled anyway.

" thanks Lorec! Give him hell!!! Send him there too, big guy!"

Lorec was obviously not entertained. He had been there for most of the conversation, and was extremely flared up at kierro's attempted murder. Lorec had his greatsword drawn and was one handing it. there were only two reasons why he would ever use his blade.

Lorec:

" lets get something straight.... I only pull the sword for two reasons. The first, is if my opponent is actually deserving of my full effort. The second reason....."

He lifted it and pointed the edge towards kierro, who was still facing the newly made wall.

" is for when I despise someone so much, that I want them dead, and you don't fit the bill for being honorable, scum. Now give me a good reason why I shouldn't gut you."

If kierro even made the slightest aggressive move, or tried for a distraction, Lorec would cut him down on the spot.

As Agririon sat down and watched the fight progress, he thought about the message as he watched the fight his mind working.

Entering Equestria. Technically he should bring this information up to the princesses, but  it can wait until after the tournament. Or, so he originally thought. Now, he was not so sure...

As Agririon stood up and started to pace, he started thinking about what it might be. A dark energy signal can suggest demons, but more than just demons exist in Tartarus, including several prisoners.

Looking up, he noticed the sky had... changed. Although the clouds hid it well, one could see that the sky had turned... a different shade. It had become... purple? No, it was continuously morphing... turning redder and redder until... Oh, no. A drastic color change of the sky could only mean one thing.

This was a separate entity that escaped. He debated using the term, but then agreed. An entity must have escaped imprisonment, something that was outside of even Death's ability to predict, having an autonomy outside of the general order of things, such as the shards of the Allmaker and the Master of Evil, the being known as the Void. This was one of them, and a powerful one too, but there was a limit that this realm could take. His mind stretched back to all the lesser entities he had learned about, narrowed down to the ones imprisoned within Tartarus, which narrowed the list down to about seven or eight. It was bleak. Agririon needed to get moving. Now.

Sending a mental impulse to Rosalia to get out NOW, he got up and started running. As he did, he smelled it.

The scent of blood.

It was coming from in the air, slightly to the left, and, indeed, he could see something forming. He tried to touch it's mind, to see what was happening, but... something blocked him. Agririon was confused for a moment. Him, mentally blocked? He was one of the elder visages, one of the first! Very few could withstand him, but... there it was. A layer of mental stuffing, packed around the arena. Suddenly, the arena felt too claustrophobic for him. As if everything seemed tighter.

But what he could sense through this stuffing- which was very weak- was that this being was older. Stronger. He could feel that, if nothing else. And, if nothing else, it was the fact that it was something older than him from Tartarus that sent him running, attempting to get around to Celestia immediately. Oh, this was bad.

He silently prayed to Mr. D himself that everything would be alright.

@@Literally Snails, @,  

Shelevan opened her eyes to see that the room was empty. The next fight must have started already. Standing up, she stretched before she quietly made her way upstairs...

And was sent sprawling from a sprinting pony, wearing a black cloak.

As she collided heavily with the wall, she snorted in irritation as she picked herself up, looking in the direction of the runner. It was... Agririon? For a moment, she was concerned, before brushing it off. Agririon running was actually quite common, but she was unsure why... he usually had a reason. Sighing, she quietly started to make her way up to the arena before she almost ran into Syuren. She was going to have to work on her perception a bit more, she decided. After a few moments of awkward silence, Shelevan decided to talk to this pony for a short while. He was curious about her, anyways.

"Hello... Syuren, was it? Is there a reason why you are running?"

Edited by Magos Amphrose
  • Brohoof 1

@magos ampharose

Syuren was surprised by shelevan's sudden appearance, and stopped in mid hover. He spoke with a bit of a stutter and fear.

" Considering I just got rubbed up on by a demon and almost killed, then yeah, I gotta reason to run. This... Freak came up behind me. Started talking about loving me and crap.. Threatened to end me real quick. I dunno what it was, but my instincts told me not to move at all. Lorec said he had smelled blood earlier, and I went to check it out like an idiot. And that guy was waiting for me. I guess I took too long, because Lorec showed up and helped me get outta there. He did the good ol' stone wall trick and put it between me and the masked freak show. Pretty sure I heard Lorec pull out his sword. He only does that if a guy is worth his time to fight or if he's pissed... I think he might be pissed. He can win, I'm sure. The guy is a total beast. But I still never found out where that blood smell was commin' from...."

Alrahm had started looking at the sky, noticing a change. He and vorrin had gone to watch the fight, but he was shaken by this weather... What could cause such a powerful storm?

Alrahm:

" storms don't form that fast out of mid-air... Vorrin, something is amidst."

______

Vorrin:

" true... Should we be worried? I mean.... Maybe it's just a coincidence. Snowstorm is using a demonic sword. Maybe that has something to do with it?

________

Alrahm:

" an astute observation and thesis. But I think this is the product of something more...."

Kazas had tried speaking with Rosalia, but he guessed that she had something urgent to do... After all, her face contorted with panic for some reason.

Pain. Kazas gripped at his chest with his claw. The cut from roto. Was it that causing this pain? No... The cut was too shallow. It wasn't even bleeding. Kazas started breathing heavily. Something was going on outside. He could feel it. There was a very familiar feeling to this power... And then there was the sense that it was dwarfed by another... What was going on? He spoke to Rosalia.

" excuse me miss.... But there is something I must see. I bid you adieu."

He then made his way to the stands. He did not sit. Samurai equine and snowstorm were behind what appeared to be a wall of bone and skulls. But for some reason, that didn't matter. The sky... What was in the sky? What was this feeling of.... Guilt? Sadness? Regret? Kazas had no reason to feel these things. But it was like a being passing on its feelings to him. He wondered what would come from all of this.

@literally snails @ samurai equine

The storm picked up and became harsh. Blue lightning could be seen striking the background. The winds were picking up speed.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"There's no need to be so upset," Kierro said to Lorec casually. "It's only a game. At least it's only a game for now. You, Kazas, Syuren, Equine, and Agririon have all earned a special kind of attention. Once this tournament is over the four of you will die... Of course, one of you dies today."

Roto stumbled into the stands next to Kazas and collapsed on the seat next to him, clenching his oozing leg wound.

@@Samurai Equine,

"The call of the Reaper doesn't attack the wielder of the sword." Snowstorm explained.

(Sorry that this post is rushed. Wanted to do more. Got to go now.)

• Brohoof 1

Agririon was panicking now. It had started- slowly, at first, but he could smell it. It was a special hormone that mortals were given, when their souls detected their death, but even before their bodies or their minds even realized. Used to help wraiths like him quickly collect souls in the midst of the battle, primarily, but it also acted as an early warning system. These pony's threads were about to end. And they had been snapped recently, too. Almost as if...

He skidded to a stop before staring out into the crowd. He could see their souls flicker, as if caught in a strong breeze. He could feel the uneasiness of the crowd growing. Looking up, he could see that other wraiths could hear it too- the collectors, the opportunists. They were above, ready to swoop, invisible to the average pony.

Agririon could hear their keening.

He reached out to one that he recognized, but he could not touch her, still blocked, still muffled. He cursed silently. Was this block placed only on himself? Could no one else feel it? He could not even contact the princesses and warn them! He needed to be closer...

And then he saw their souls flicker.

An illusion caused by the crowd? His own senses fooling him? He certainly hoped so. But the possibility... oh... no...

@,

His words put Shelevan on guard. "The scent of blood?" That was why Agririon was running. He had sensed the blood, and figured that his assistance was needed. But she could feel something wrong. Her mind feeling painfully open, she focused on shutting out outside influences. "That bodes ill... we need to get with the others, now."

She got up and started quickly moving towards the benches with the other champions. He could feel the unease with which the crowd was. They were spooked, and seemed that they only needed one large shock to get them running...

Skidding to a stop in front of the others, she looked around. "Everything feels on edge, Agririon's sprinting through the place like a madmare, and the crowd seems ready to bolt! What's going on? Do we even know?"

Edited by Magos Amphrose