open To justify the means ( IC RP)

Vae Victis

Samurai was glad there were some reinforcements to help protect the train. However, he was determined to do his part!

Samurai leaps off the train and tackles a mind-bent pegasus, only to leap off that one and tackle another one, and so on like that.

But doing this is not easy. The pegasi are flimsy and dive a little when Samurai grabs hold of them, nearly falling off each time!

At one point, a spear-wielding pegasus attacks and pierces one of the cars. Samurai leaps up and grabs on to him to make him stop. When the pegasus pulls his spear out, Samurai can see inside the car. Inside, he sees a mother mare leaping out of her seat, grabbing her little colt and shielding him from harm.

In that split second, he can see the look of fear in their faces. A look he has seen in many ponies forced to fight in a war they never asked for.

He then sees a pegasus armed with a cannon, taking aim for the spear-punctured opening, and everyone inside.

"NO!!!!" Samurai leaps off and grabs the cannon-bearing pegasus.

They dive away together.

The sound of cannon fire can be heard...

Taking rise to the sky is the same cannon-wielding pegasus, and Samurai is standing on top of him, piloting the pegasus by holding on to his ears!

"HYA!!!" Samurai pilots the pegasus into attack formation. With a horse shoe-clad kick from his rear hoof to the pegasus's ribcage, he can make him fire the cannon at will, and he makes the pegasus blast down other mind-bent pegasi. This is taking them down the the easy way!

There may be more pegasi on the rise, but Samurai is ready!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shogun's attempt to control Mason failed. Syuren was too fast. But there is someone who isn't. Someone Samurai has become close to.

When Lorec reaches for another thing to rip out and use as a weapon... "Midas Curse" It turns to gold and becomes stuck to the floor.

Lorec sees Shogun taking aim for him now.

He puts his two enchanted swords, which are really an odachi and a nodachi, and then reaches for this two smaller swords, a wakizashi and a tanto.

"You." He points at Lorec. "I challenge you to a duel. A test of endurance and agony called a Knife Edge Death Match."

(Hey, Literally Snails, you might recognize this reference!) 

Edited by Samurai Equine

@literally snails

Mason had secured himself to Syuren, and Syuren began to fly towards the train where the mind bent flying units were attacking.

Syuren:

" Mason! Do that cool stretch thing that you can do! I'll fly close to those mind bent so you can slash em!!!"

Syuren started to dive bomb towards the train. Before he diverted to fly alongside it, he asked a very serious question to Mason.

" mason... Before we hit.... How long did it take ya to stop feeling bad about killing? I need to know..."

@bard

Alrahm had kept firing ice shards. He was old, but not weak. He could keep this basic way of fighting up for hours. He yelled for encore.

Alrahm:

" Boy, I was just trying to humor you! No need to waste your power on me! But thanks! I haven't heard this well in five years!"

@samurai equine

Now this was an unexpected turn of events. The chair that Lorec was about to Toss at some pegasi was turned into gold. He looked up, and from above came shogun equine, challenging him to a knife edge death match. Lorec turned to him, arms to his sides. He spoke to shogun equine.

Lorec:

" fine... But you know the rules. Fists and hooves. No weapons. No magic. No crying. It's been a long time since I've done this....."

Lorec started to rip off the bandages around his arms. As he did so, scar upon scar was revealed, each new scar revealed being more gruesome than the last. Some came from animals, others came from blades. After he dropped the bandages on the train floor, he took off his tunic, and let it drop to the ground behind him. Some of the civillians behind him gasped. Almost his entire upper body was scar tissue. Again, from dangerous hunts and near-death fights. Many looked as though they should have been fatal, as terrible as they were. Lorec rarely ever revealed himself like this to another. He was hoping for a more honorable fight in which to do so, but in itself, a knife edge death match was a challenge to his honor. He spoke, slowly walking over to shogun equine.

" you know... It's rare that anyone ever sees the scars.... In all honesty, I don't think you've earned the right to leave your signature upon the canvas of war yet.... But a challenge is a challenge... And I've been aching for a good match. I hope you don't disappoint. Set the boundaries, and be ready."

Meanwhile, the train sped towards ponyville, and the acolyte forces would soon be upon the train to push back the remaining mind-bent.

---------------------(the skies above Canterlot)------------------

@literally snails

Zephrael's flame covered his body, and he rushed to meet the attack head on, overpowering the skulls of the might of divine fire alone. There was no need to swing. The skulls combusted before they could even get within biting range of him. It would come down to blade on blade combat. He kept charging through the skulls with his fire active, attempting to penetrate to the center. He yelled.

Zephrael:

" no more cheap tricks! You wanted a battle, and I'll give you one! Come and face the azure pheonix of Tartarus!"

( sorry about the low quality posts. I have ALOT to deal with here lately. I'll try to improve them when I can relax and not be so stressed XD)

• Brohoof 1

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

( sorry about the low quality posts. I have ALOT to deal with here lately. I'll try to improve them when I can relax and not be so stressed XD)

(Seems fine to me. :) )

"Watch your tongue, minotaur. Great beast or not, I've lead many armies into war and won many victories. You will not be any exception." Shogun says as he takes off some of his upper armor. "Any champion I can kill will make my mission worth it, especially if it makes my former pupil suffer."

Shogun slices a dividing line into the floor, then stabs his two dagger blades into floor on opposite side of the line. He gives Lorec one of his enchanted long swords. "The rules are simple. Whoever stumbles off the line forfeits their life."

With the rules spelled out and with both of them possessing an enchanted sword, Shogun puts one rear hoof on the dividing line and the other against the blade of a dagger. He looks at Lorec firmly.

"The first hit is yours, young beast."

Edited by Samurai Equine

@samurai equine

Lorec tossed the sword away. The blade wasn't his own. Unfit for use. He got in position, his hoof pressed against the dagger. He took a stance of pugilism, refusing to draw his own zweihander from his back sheathe. He wouldn't rely on that power for the fight, nor would he rely upon the teachings.... The way of the Hokuto. Funny, how things turned out. The one who had taught Lorec some of the art had come from this very pony's homeland. If given the chance, Lorec would search for him again. Maybe this mind-bent had knowledge of Lorec's old acquaintance.

" only two have ever made me bend my knee. Only one has rendered me unconcious. You won't be counted among either. My fists are enough for you."

Lorec then threw a slugger of a punch into shogun equine's face. If he was the least bit fragile.... The shot could very well rattle his skull. After all, he was small in stature compared to Lorec, and the Minotaur was no stranger to brawl. Of course, shogun would probably use his sword, but Lorec could take it, like he always had.

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

@bard Alrahm had kept firing ice shards. He was old, but not weak. He could keep this basic way of fighting up for hours. He yelled for encore. Alrahm: " Boy, I was just trying to humor you! No need to waste your power on me! But thanks! I haven't heard this well in five years!"

Encore allowed himself to back off of Alrahm's ears a touch. It was FAR too straining to Encore anyway to try and keep this magical field going. It would probably be easier if he had been closer to Alrahm, but alas. He kept Alrahm's hearing heightened to about the levels it should have been, which wasn't too much for him. One more blast at this pegasus cloud... How many were there?!? 

Eve was getting tired too, he could see. She huffed as she cast out the vine whip with a crack. Endurance was one of her strong points, but they were near the engine, which obviously must be a priority target for these pegasi. And, he supposed, even her experience in the Amblezon Jungle must not have been one nonstop firefight. Like, mostly walking maybe. 

Hopefully they wouldn't have to hold out much longer.

@@Samurai Equine,@,

Splash.

Cascade groaned in exasperation, a single large bubble coming out of her mouth. There goes the train again. And as usual, ponies were just throwing their crap out of the windows. Again.

Couldn't they at least have the common decency to not throw all their litter into the river that ran parallel to the tracks while she actually was there? It's not like her job was an easy one as it was. Two weeks, she'd been gone cleaning the rivers near Baltimare, and what thanks did she get? None. Looking towards the echoing sound of the splash, Cascade Swirl saw a gleam of silver. She swam towards it, her body wriggling like an otter's through the deep, wide channel.

A sword?

And a nice one too. Whoever dropped this would probably want it back.

Cascade's head emerged out from under the water, to watch the train puffing by at high speeds. She easily kept pace with it, but her brow furrowed quickly. What was going on? 

Some kind of pegasus party light show? Bright bursts of magic lit the sky near the front of the train, and she thought she detected somebody playing a jazzy tune. Huh. Sounds like her kind of party.

Cascade lazily swam her way up towards around where she was pretty sure the sword must have been chucked out a window. Some ponies couldn't handle their cider. Swimming right up to the tracks at a bend of the river where the water rose curiously high to meet them, she jumped gracefully out of the water, quite like a dolphin, and landed smoothly with a wet plop right on through an open window. The only two ponies in this room were... Well, one of them was actually a minotaur instead of a pony, and the other was some kind of cosplayer, but yeah. The only two ponies in this room looked like they were getting ready to play that really fun kid game where you try to wrestle or spar the other guy off their balance. They must be reeeeaaaalllly drunk. 

"Hey, you guys dropped this out a window," she chirped cheerfully, holding up the sword. She seemed completely oblivious to the tension in the room and the battle cries coming from literally everywhere.

Edited by Strider

Find the Heart of the Jungle!

Still searching for players! Join today!

Shogun takes the first hit, leaning into the blade and cutting his hoof a little bit. "Not bad, beast. But keep in mind, in my family, brawls against heavy set fighters was a common thing!" And with that, Shogun sends a swift upper cut to Lorec's jaw.

He might only have half of Lorec's physical strength, maybe a little less, but being a pegasus allows him to throw punches just a little bit faster than he can. It's enough compensation to hopefully show that he isn't a complete push over. At the very least, victory will be earned.

Shogun also doesn't care for the audience. He only glances over for a split second.
"Drop the blade and leave, little mare. This a private battle between me and the minotaur."

(I don't know what to do with Samurai until another major development happens. :please: )

@

Mason reached out his right front leg, still holding onto Syuren with the remaining three. His leg grew out and split into four tendrils each slicing into nearby mind bent pegasi.

"You choose to ask me that now? Fine," He said, "I became what I am as soon as that committee made me strong. I never had regrets and I've never looked back since. I'm sorry if that's not the answer you were hoping for."

"Hey, you guys dropped this out a window," she chirped cheerfully, holding up the sword. She seemed completely oblivious to the tension in the room and the battle cries coming from literally everywhere.

Havoc grabbed onto one of Cascade's ankles and held her in place. He was firm enough to keep her from wiggling free, but not tight enough to harm her. "Don't interfere with this," the armored minotaur commanded. He was resolute. He wouldn't allow anyone to interrupt this fight.

@literally snails
Zephrael's flame covered his body, and he rushed to meet the attack head on, overpowering the skulls of the might of divine fire alone. There was no need to swing. The skulls combusted before they could even get within biting range of him. It would come down to blade on blade combat. He kept charging through the skulls with his fire active, attempting to penetrate to the center. He yelled.
Zephrael:
"No more cheap tricks! You wanted a battle, and I'll give you one! Come and face the azure pheonix of Tartarus!"

Snowstorm didn't react fast enough to dodge. It shouldn't have been possible to fly through the wall of skulls! In his split second of time to react, his body was enveloped in a puff of smoke as if he was a popped balloon that was filled with the gas. His larger pony body disappeared. In its place was a small body, no larger than a stallion's hoof. He had transformed into a tiny imp with leathery red wings and pink fur. He had yellow eyes that each covered a fourth of his face. In one of his tiny claws, he was clutching the Banshee Shriek which was now small enough for him to carry.

With the new change in size, Zephrael narrowly missed his mark. Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

img-2801-1-rsz_sjsitebanner.png

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ks7cTevfRojdvkwD5yROg

Shogun takes the first hit, leaning into the blade and cutting his hoof a little bit. "Not bad, beast. But keep in mind, in my family, brawls against heavy set fighters was a common thing!" And with that, Shogun sends a swift upper cut to Lorec's jaw.

He might only have half of Lorec's physical strength, maybe a little less, but being a pegasus allows him to throw punches just a little bit faster than he can. It's enough compensation to hopefully show that he isn't a complete push over. At the very least, victory will be earned.

Shogun also doesn't care for the audience. He only glances over for a split second.

"Drop the blade and leave, little mare. This a private battle between me and the minotaur."

(I don't know what to do with Samurai until another major development happens. :please: )

"Aight." 

Cascade seemed to have finally caught on to the seriousness of the situation. She literally dropped the blade, which clattered to the floor noisily, but clearly had no intentions of leaving the room.

Havoc grabbed onto one of Cascade's ankles and held her in place. He was firm enough to keep her from wiggling free, but not tight enough to harm her. "Don't interfere with this," the armored minotaur commanded. He was resolute. He wouldn't allow anyone to interrupt this fight.

This. This was simply not okay. I am not... a child! 

"Hey? Big dude? Yeah, I think it's really cute how you think you're helping and that you can tell me what to do, but I'm going to have to ask you to let go of me. Like, right now." The little pony's pleasantly chirpy tone had grown colder, as she looked up at the gargantuan minotaur towering over her. She wasn't smiling anymore. "I wasn't planning on interfering yet. Now take your hooves off me, alright? I don't wanna hurt you." 

It was kinda unnerving. Her tone made it perfectly clear that she was not intimidated by the minotaur at all. She had no intentions of getting pushed around.

Edited by Strider

Lorec's head went upward from the force of the uppercut. However, as a fighter, Lorec was used to analyzing enemy mistakes. And shogun had just made too many with that uppercut.

First mistake; not enough force was put into the uppercut to make Lorec's body move.

Second mistake; with his hoof raised from the uppercut, shogun's ribs would be exposed.

Third mistake; paying attention to the interloper.

Lorec's conclusion; A left hook to the exposed rib cage.

And follow through he did. He let his head slide a little to the left of shogun's uppercut, regaining feeling in his jaw. He steeled himself, drew his fist back, and threw what may had been an excessive haymaker right into the rib cage of the mind bent lord. Lorec didn't know if this would make shogun resign to defeat, but it would most certainly make him think twice before leaving himself exposed again. Lorec may have even broken a rib or two, but he was unable to tell.

________

@literally snails

Syuren looked in the direction he was flying, making sure to keep concentrated. He spoke to mason as they cut through the mind bent.

" no regrets, huh.... Sounds nice."

Finally, the 100 acolytes had made it upon the airspace of the train. They started to pick off mind bent one by one with their own swords and spears, clashing in mid air.

" the Calvalry has arrived! 'Bout freakin time! After this, I'm gonna tear them a new one for being so slow!"

------------------------(the skies above canterlot)-----------------

Zephrael had missed his mark to hit snowstorm. He did follow through, however, and made a u-turn back towards the imp. He one-clawed his halberd, and formed blue flames in another. He had a scolding look on his face, and stopped in mid-air, 20 feet approximately from snowstorm in his new, impish state. He raised his claw, and pointed it toward snowstorm, the flames becoming more violent. It was clear that this would be a projectile attack.

Zephrael:

" You have two options. Either get fried to a crisp and become my lunch, or return to your friends in peace. Either way, the test can go on without you. The choice is yours. What say you, Imp?"

• Brohoof 2

2l7vqa.jpg

Shogun nearly doubles, coughing up a bit of blood from the broken rib.

He expected to have an advantage in technique, but Lorec knows his stuff as well.

Still, Shogun takes it like a man and stands firm. He won't even assume a position that looks like he is in pain.

One could almost respect him. Win or lose, he won't give up his dignity.

"Match point." Shogun declares.

With that, he swings and takes aim for Lorec's temple in true boxer formation!

However, at the same time, he shoes his true colors. Being careful not to cross the line, he slides his rear off, attempting to trip Lorec!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Just cause I felt like it... Train battles, WOOH! :yay: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRwvXJEdUWA

Meanwhile, Samurai was helping the acolytes out! He is still piloting a mind-bent pegasus, making it fire its cannon at other mind-bent pegasi.

"All right! Reinforcements! Guess I don't need this guy anymore. But it sure was fun getting to fly. Living the dream!" Samurai slices off the pegasus's wings, leaps off, and lands on the front of the train.
"HEY!" The engineer says, but Samurai pays him not mind for now, taking up his sword.
"Okay, let's see if this will work... I'm running low on energy and magic, but if I can just hold out til our next stop, then hopefully it'll all be worth it! Flaming Sword ATTACK!!!"

Summoning his fire magic once more, Samurai transfers the fire to his sword, then twirls it around in front of himself as fast as he can! It's making sort of a fire barrier to protect the train! It doesn't reach very far, in fact it can barely protect the front of the train only.

But that's why Samurai is putting his faith in the other champions on board the train, and the acolytes. He may cut down a mind-bent pegasi if one gets close, but for now, he won't stop protecting the train and he'll keep up that fire barrier as long as he needs to!

" You have two options. Either get fried to a crisp and become my lunch, or return to your friends in peace. Either way, the test can go on without you. The choice is yours. What say you, Imp?"

"Either get fried to a crisp and become my lunch, or return to your friends in peace."

"become my lunch,"

( O3O )

Snowstorm erected his posture and sheathed his sword on his back. "Very well," he said. "I'm no fool, which is more than I can say about you." He started to turn, but looked back. "The next time your master tells you you're doing the right thing, do yourself a favor and pay attention to what he's really saying." After saying this, he darted away toward the train with the same speed as before.

Syuren looked in the direction he was flying, making sure to keep concentrated. He spoke to mason as they cut through the mind bent.

" no regrets, huh.... Sounds nice."

Finally, the 100 acolytes had made it upon the airspace of the train. They started to pick off mind bent one by one with their own swords and spears, clashing in mid air.

" the Calvalry has arrived! 'Bout freakin time! After this, I'm gonna tear them a new one for being so slow!"

Mason continued picking off the assailants from his perch on Syuren's shoulders. "This appears to be more or less concluded," he said, "They'll never make it into the train with the numbers they have left."

"Aight." 

This. This was simply not okay. I am not... a child! 

"Hey? Big dude? Yeah, I think it's really cute how you think you're helping and that you can tell me what to do, but I'm going to have to ask you to let go of me. Like, right now." The little pony's pleasantly chirpy tone had grown colder, as she looked up at the gargantuan minotaur towering over her. She wasn't smiling anymore. "I wasn't planning on interfering yet. Now take your hooves off me, alright? I don't wanna hurt you." 

It was kinda unnerving. Her tone made it perfectly clear that she was not intimidated by the minotaur at all. She had no intentions of getting pushed around.

Havoc let go of Cascade but didn't say anything.

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Havoc let go of Cascade but didn't say anything.

Cascade promptly sat down on the floor, watching the minotaur beating the snot out of the cosplayer with interest. "So which one's the good guy?" she asked Havoc in a very loud whisper.

Encore and Evergreen were still fighting on the roof. Deciding there were still too many, Encore changed up his tactic. Using his magic to block up the ears of himself, Evergreen, and any allies that might be in the vicinity, Encore's tune changed. Now playing a lullaby, many of the assaulting pegasi began to become drowsy, and therefore sloppy in their assaults. Some actually fell asleep and fell out of the sky, bouncing brokenly off the ground upon impact.

This effect, combined with a firewall that seemed to be emanating from the engine, seemed to be scattering many mind-bent away from the front of the train.

Edited by Strider
  • Brohoof 2

Cascade promptly sat down on the floor, watching the minotaur beating the snot out of the cosplayer with interest. "So which one's the good guy?" she asked Havoc in a very loud whisper.

Encore and Evergreen were still fighting on the roof. Deciding there were still too many, Encore changed up his tactic. Using his magic to block up the ears of himself, Evergreen, and any allies that might be in the vicinity, Encore's tune changed. Now playing a lullaby, many of the assaulting pegasi began to become drowsy, and therefore sloppy in their assaults. Some actually fell asleep and fell out of the sky, bouncing brokenly off the ground upon impact.

This effect, combined with a firewall that seemed to be emanating from the engine, seemed to be scattering many mind-bent away from the front of the train.

Many of the mind-bent assaulting the train had dropped to the ground, lured into a deep sleep. There were very few mind-bent left, and those that were still able to fight had taken to the skies in order to fight off the acolytes. A moot battle, as the mind-bent were reduced to 1/4 of their original manpower. It was only a matter of time before they all fell to the sword of the champions and the acolytes.

@samurai equine

Lorec had two choices; dodge the hook and risk tripping and losing the match, or take the shot and steel his lower body, saving him from tripping, but having his skull rocked. Lorec chose the latter, and planted his hooves with all his might against the blade, and into the floor. This would save the trip. Lorec took the hook, but was still able to think of the mistakes and openings made.

1st mistake: while it was a haymaker, it certainly was not enough to knock Lorec out in the least. Shogun put more effort into tripping him than he did the punch.

2nd mistake: the obvious weight advantage that Lorec had over shogun would keep him planted.

3rd mistake: with that hook, shogun was leaning in, an easy target for a face smasher.

4th and final mistake.... Angering Lorec for trying such a cheap tactic.

Conclusion: bend with the force of the punch that had been delivered to his head, and come back with a face smashing counterhook, which would have more impact since shogun was leaning in. Then, follow through with another hook from the opposite side, again, having more force because shogun would be reeling in that direction from the initial counter. Finally, end it with an overhead smash, hopefully knocking shogun to the ground.

And Lorec did just that. He used the force that had been applied against him to wind up his own hook, and let it rip without mercy. It caught shogun right in the eye. Lorec then brought back his opposite arm, and then threw another hook into shogun, smashing the other eye and sending him back in the same direction as before. Finally, Lorec clamped his hands together quickly, raised them above his head, and brought it down upon shogun's skull. Hopefully, this was the match ender. As Lorec followed through with the overhead smash, he spoke to shogun.

______

Lorec:

" this is off subject, but where is the one known as Ramon Kasumi?!? I know he's in your homeland! And don't tell me you've never heard of him! Hokuto is feared by many there, and he's the 63rd successor! I demand to know if he's still exiled to the Ryukyu islands!!!"

@literally snails.

Syuren breathed a sigh of relief. He spoke to mason as he started to fly towards a train car on which he could enter.

Syuren:

" woooo! Helluva show! For what it's worth, good stuff out there. I give credit when it's due. The acolytes should wrap everything up. I'll take us back inside the train.... Is it weird that I got used to you being perched on my shoulder?"

--------------------( the skies above canterlot)-----------------------

Zephrael mumbled to himself. He put the halberd away on his back, and killed the flame. He mumbled to himself.

" at least I am a wise fool who realizes the scope of what I am doing.... I may be a fool, but ignorance is something else altogether....."

2l7vqa.jpg

Shogun takes the first punch, swaying against the impact.

He tries to block the second punch, but Lorec powers through it and gets hit anyway.

And though he does try, Shogun cannot react fast enough to dodge the downward bash against his skull.

The triple attack makes him thrash about in pain, give painful grunts, open some new wounds, and makes him slice his rear hoof open on the blade even more than Lorec.

However, it doesn't make Shogun fall. He raises his hooves back into standard boxing formation, but... he's done.

His eyes are closed, his hooves are shaking, and he can hardly stand still. The only thing that is keeping him standing at this point is his will to go on. Lorec could make him fall over with a gentle shove at this point. (And for the sake for the RP, I'm going to assume that's what he does.)

After Lorec pushes him down and interrogates him, at first, there is no answer.

Then he weakly opens his beaten and swollen eyes, sits up with legs crossed, and just looks at Lorec.
"Well done, minotaur. You won the death match."
And with a surprising burst of speed, Shogun grabs his enchanted swords, and stabs himself. "Midas Curse!"

The power of his swords not only turn him gold, but some of the car and stuff around him, including the clothes and armor he took off.

Lorec and the onlookers are perfectly capable of avoiding the swords' magic in time.

Shogun perfectly avoided answering his question.

(I just wanna say, THAT part was hilarious! Well done. :lol: )

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

Syuren breathed a sigh of relief. He spoke to mason as he started to fly towards a train car on which he could enter.

Syuren:

" woooo! Helluva show! For what it's worth, good stuff out there. I give credit when it's due. The acolytes should wrap everything up. I'll take us back inside the train.... Is it weird that I got used to you being perched on my shoulder?"

"Don't try to make friends with me, boy." Mason said coldly as he stepped down. "The powers that be want us to work together, but I'm still going to kill you when this is over! If you aren't dead already, that is."

Havoc would have answered the question, but the match ended so quickly that it became irrelevant. "It doesn't matter now." He stated.

@@Samurai Equine,@, @@Strider,

Snowstorm was back into his pony form by the time he reached the train. The situation with the mind bent pegasi was already handled. He hardly noticed there had been a battle at all until he got closer. He flew into one of the carts through a window and gracefully landed inside. "And here I thought I was doing something interesting," He said, "What happened here?" 

• Brohoof 1

Shogun takes the first punch, swaying against the impact.

He tries to block the second punch, but Lorec powers through it and gets hit anyway.

And though he does try, Shogun cannot react fast enough to dodge the downward bash against his skull.

The triple attack makes him thrash about in pain, give painful grunts, open some new wounds, and makes him slice his rear hoof open on the blade even more than Lorec.

However, it doesn't make Shogun fall. He raises his hooves back into standard boxing formation, but... he's done.

His eyes are closed, his hooves are shaking, and he can hardly stand still. The only thing that is keeping him standing at this point is his will to go on. Lorec could make him fall over with a gentle shove at this point. (And for the sake for the RP, I'm going to assume that's what he does.)

After Lorec pushes him down and interrogates him, at first, there is no answer.

Then he weakly opens his beaten and swollen eyes, sits up with legs crossed, and just looks at Lorec.

"Well done, minotaur. You won the death match."

And with a surprising burst of speed, Shogun grabs his enchanted swords, and stabs himself. "Midas Curse!"

The power of his swords not only turn him gold, but some of the car and stuff around him, including the clothes and armor he took off.

Lorec and the onlookers are perfectly capable of avoiding the swords' magic in time.

Shogun perfectly avoided answering his question.

(I just wanna say, THAT part was hilarious! Well done. :lol: )

Lorec had a look of disappointment on his face. That match wasn't even worth his time. Had it been a normal duel, shogun would've stood a better chance. But out of what Lorec could figure, this was a challenge Based solely on hubris alone. What the shogun wanted to prove was beyond his comprehension, other than it being possible order of that strange being.... It must've posessed shogun. Still, Lorec thought to himself. Samurai equine's master had just taken his own life to preserve what semblance of honor he had. What would samurai think? Would he hate Lorec? Would he try to take vengeance, even if Lorec didn't start the fight? It didn't matter. Lorec won. He walked away, retrieving his tunic that he used to cover his worst scars, and put back on. The bandages could stay off for all he cared at this point.

Lorec:

" that fight hadn't an ounce of honor or enjoyment..."

@literally snails

Syuren scoffed.

Syuren:

" yeah, you go ahead and try that sometime buddy. Geez.... You're the kind of guy that people pay to make little girls cry...."

He landed on the back of an open train car, and entered. Coincidentally, he saw snowstorm coming in as well, and he also saw Lorec walking away from a fight... A knife edge death match, apparently. He yelled out to Lorec.

Syuren:

" yo, Lorec! Fight another one? Looks like you won.... Again. That makes it 35-0, right? How was it?"

Lorec responded.

Lorec:

" yeah... And I didn't care much for it... But samurai equine might....."

Alrahm was still on top of the train. The acolytes would take care of the rest. This fight was done. He trotted to the whole through which Lorec made, and used his water magic to form steps of ice into the cabin. He went down them, and would leave them for the others. He used his staff as an anchor for each step, careful not to fall this time.

Alrahm;

" well, that concludes that... We should be in ponyville soon. The rest of the acolytes and the royal guard should be there, hopefully. It won't be long now.... Good job, everyone. You did well."

-------------( the arena in canterlot )-----------

Zephrael flew back down to Avaerus, a melancholic look upon his face.

Zephrael:

" it's done. He has retreated."

_______

Avaerus:

" did you really mean what you said about making him into your meal, zephrael?"

_____

Zephrael:

" no. Merely something to scare him away. One such as him would be to prideful to want their final resting place In the stomach of the enemy. How are things with the train?"

_______

Avaerus:

" all is well, they repelled the attack, naturally. Shogun faked a suicide, too. They think he is dead, but I'll call him back as soon as they clear out."

_____

Zephrael:

" very well... What now?"

________

Avaerus:

" now.... Kazas plays his part.

________

Zephrael:

" leave him out of this!"

Avaerus:

" you and I both know that the keepers of those primordial spirits are only at stage two of their

Maturity. What they don't know is that they have to accept their base primal emotions and balance it out with their representative qualities. Kazas would never access his bloodthirst and ruthlessness had it not been for what I have done. If he can learn to balance these emotions out with his love and forgiveness, then he can break my hold on him, and rejoin his friends. This is the key for him and his compatriots to greater power; balance between light and dark. That's how you ascended. Your guilt is on par with your love, and your forgiveness is matched by your ruthlessness in battle. Don't forget this. He will be fine."

________

Avaerus snapped his fingers.

" kazas! Fly slowly and give the train time to stop at ponyville. Give them ten minutes to evacuate. If in that ten minutes, the town is not empty..... Burn it to the ground."

____

Kazas cracked a wicked smile. It was time for a bonfire. One. Huge. Burning. Screaming. Bonfire. He flew off with his new sword in claw, and flew slowly, hoping that the evacuation would take it's sweet time.

• Brohoof 1

2l7vqa.jpg

The battle was over. The mind bent slaves have gone. The train was no longer under attack and pulling into the station, though it was definitely beat up and damaged in many places. This train has seen better days. Once at the station, Samurai hops off the train and straps his sword to his side.

Samurai stretches a bit, tired. "What time is it? Is it midnight? After an intense struggle like that, I feel like I could use a heavy meal and a good place to sleep."

Havoc would have answered the question, but the match ended so quickly that it became irrelevant. "It doesn't matter now." He stated.

(And that is equally hilarious! :lol: )

@@Samurai Equine,@, @@Strider,

Snowstorm was back into his pony form by the time he reached the train. The situation with the mind bent pegasi was already handled. He hardly noticed there had been a battle at all until he got closer. He flew into one of the carts through a window and gracefully landed inside. "And here I thought I was doing something interesting," He said, "What happened here?" 

"Oh." Cascade looked a little put out. She stared at the line they had been dueling on thoughtfully, and seemed to space out a bit. 

Some other pony showed up just as the train had started to slow down. And in response to her question, Cascade smiled. "I'm absolutely sure that I have no idea."

The battle was over. The mind bent slaves have gone. The train was no longer under attack and pulling into the station, though it was definitely beat up and damaged in many places. This train has seen better days. Once at the station, Samurai hops off the train and straps his sword to his side.

Samurai stretches a bit, tired. "What time is it? Is it midnight? After an intense struggle like that, I feel like I could use a heavy meal and a good place to sleep."

(And that is equally hilarious! :lol: )

Evergreen and Encore followed Samurai off the train. Evergreen seemed to be supporting Encore, who was evidently half asleep from weariness. "Past midnight, probably. This one could use a hot meal, too," she said, prodding Encore in the side. "Where are we, exactly?" she asked, looking around at the unfamiliar train station.

Evergreen and Encore followed Samurai off the train. Evergreen seemed to be supporting Encore, who was evidently half asleep from weariness. "Past midnight, probably. This one could use a hot meal, too," she said, prodding Encore in the side. "Where are we, exactly?" she asked, looking around at the unfamiliar train station.

"We're on the train to Ponyville." Snowstorm said as he brushed a few loose strands of hair into place. "The fighters among us are going to meet in the Everfree Forest. Mason will have an army gathering there. As for everyone else, I'm not entirely sure."

Snowstorm suddenly felt something tugging on his black belt. He looked down to see one of his scared young fan-mares who had wandered into the cart. She was holding onto his belt with one draped hoof with tear-marks under her eyes.

She spoke to him as if they were close friends even though Snowstorm had never met her in his life. "Oh, Snowstorm it was so terrible!" She cried as she buried her head in his shoulders, "There were so many pegasi and they were all attacking the train! I was so scarred, but I kept thinking about you! I was afraid that you were killed by one of those horrible monsters!"

Snowstorm shamelessly caressed her shoulders. "Now, now, babe, you don't need to worry about me. Those scary monsters can't possibly hurt us. I'll protect you."

Snowstorm held her closer, but suddenly and unexpectedly, she pushed away and cried, "EWWW! That's disgusting!"

Snowstorm immediately felt embarrassed until he realized that she wasn't talking about him. Roto had stumbled into the cart on three legs with his fourth wounded leg elevated above the ground. The massive flesh wound had gotten worse. It was inflated, black and puss filled. "Please," he huffed as sweat trickled from his forehead. "I couldn't cover it... It's getting infected. Can anyone use some kind of healing magic?"

Snowstorm held her closer, but suddenly and unexpectedly, she pushed away and cried, "EWWW! That's disgusting!"

Snowstorm immediately felt embarrassed until he realized that she wasn't talking about him. Roto had stumbled into the cart on three legs with his fourth wounded leg elevated above the ground. The massive flesh wound had gotten worse. It was inflated, black and puss filled. "Please," he huffed as sweat trickled from his forehead. "I couldn't cover it... It's getting infected. Can anyone use some kind of healing magic?"

Alrahm looked aghast upon roto's wound. If something wasn't done soon, roto would die of infection. Kazas could've taken care of it, but he wasn't here. The old unicorn thought up of two plans. It would save roto's life, but at the first would save roto, but at the cost of whittling down his hoof. The second... Alrahm could perform, but roto would suffer very painfully, and for an extended time.

"Unless anyone else here has magic that can heal or herbs, then our choices are limited. I have two plans that could work, but both would cause you extreme pain. The first is that syuren performs his flash cut above the infected area. It's a technique that will cut through so quickly, the wound will not bleed for 30 seconds, approximately. We can then have samurai equine use his flaming sword technique, and he could stick the broadside of his blade to the cut, and cauterize the wound. Needless to say, it would hurt.... Excessively. Your second option that I can offer is of my own magic.... I can purify water, and cycle it through your bloodstream and filter out the infection... However, the pain you would suffer is unimaginable. Maybe others have herbs or medical knowledge... Consider your options and choose which one you want."

@samurai equine

Lorec yelled for samurai equine. He deserved to know what had happened to his shogun.

Lorec:

" samurai equine! There is something you must see! And I am sorry..."

Within ponyville, there was much confusion and chaos. The royal guard had just shown up, taking another flight path that diverted away from the tracks, explaining why they weren't much help. The acolytes had arrived from different directions, Considering that they were trained volunteers. The acolytes numbered approximately 2000, while the equestrian royal guard numbered 6000, totaling up to 8000 strong. Many had taken the order to head to the forest, towards the domain of the princesses. The others were trying to help civillians escape. And that's where the problems didn't end. Some had heeded the warning of the troop, packing their things and escaping with their families. Many had chosen not to move from their homes, and the troop had to try forcing them out and relocating them. This would take some time. All in all, a combined force of 1,500 had stayed to evacuate the civillians.

Kazas flew slowly from canterlot, as Avaerus ordered. He could only relish the thought of fire and blood. And yet, something tugged at him. When he had awoken, he thought it had all been a dream, the events before. He had no memory of what it was like before this long dream. Could it be that it wasn't a dream, and that he was just changed? Even still, the memories were fuzzy at best. But it didn't matter now. Indeed he arrived in ponyville airspace, they would have ten minutes before he started burning everything to the ground.

2l7vqa.jpg

Alrahm looked aghast upon roto's wound. If something wasn't done soon, roto would die of infection. Kazas could've taken care of it, but he wasn't here. The old unicorn thought up of two plans. It would save roto's life, but at the first would save roto, but at the cost of whittling down his hoof. The second... Alrahm could perform, but roto would suffer very painfully, and for an extended time.

"Unless anyone else here has magic that can heal or herbs, then our choices are limited. I have two plans that could work, but both would cause you extreme pain. The first is that syuren performs his flash cut above the infected area. It's a technique that will cut through so quickly, the wound will not bleed for 30 seconds, approximately. We can then have samurai equine use his flaming sword technique, and he could stick the broadside of his blade to the cut, and cauterize the wound. Needless to say, it would hurt.... Excessively. Your second option that I can offer is of my own magic.... I can purify water, and cycle it through your bloodstream and filter out the infection... However, the pain you would suffer is unimaginable. Maybe others have herbs or medical knowledge... Consider your options and choose which one you want."

(Wait for Kazas to attack until Mason gets a chance to try something. It'll take a while to set up in the RP, but the actual act would take less than ten minutes.)

Snowstorm gingerly pushed the mare toward the door. "Please go," he said lovingly, "It's not safe here. I promise, I'll find you when my duties are done."

She felt assured and made her way to the exit, completely unaware that she had been lied to.

Roto started to consider his options. He hated the feeling of helplessness. He hated relying on a pony even more.

Before Roto said anything, Mason spoke instead. "We have more important matters to deal with. The evacuation will take time. Cutting off his leg will make him completely useless to us. The second option will take far too much time and energy. Remember what he did in his fight with Kazas? That kind of trickery is all he's useful for. His skills won't help us here. Let him die."

Roto knew that Mason was right, but he refused to let himself die. "Wait until after the evacuation!" He begged. "You can do it then. I promise, I'll be useful!"

-----------(Everfree Forest)----------------

Kierro darted past a line of trees and came upon his two companions, Oni and Femi. Even with his great speed, he arrived only minutes before the trains did.

Oni was a massive light blue creature that looked like an Earth pony with pupil-less red eyes. Femi was a small unicorn with a silk cloth that wrapped around her head and face, only allowing one of her blue eyes to be seen.

"We already know why you're here." Femi said.

"I should have expected as much," Kierro commented. "Have you started gathering the underlings yet?"

"I called for them," Oni answered. "Many have arrived already, but most are still gathering."

"Yes, I can smell them."

Samurai walks over to Alrahm. He doesn't care for the fan show with Snowstorm, and Encore needs Evergreen right now. Best to see what the leader plans to do for now.

"That's no good, Alrahm-san. The tournament and the train battle have left me drained. I've zapped just about all my magic. I need food and rest. If someone starts a fire, I can absorb it and use it to reinvigorate my magic, but for now, I'm not sure what I can do."

Samurai hears Lorec. "Excuse me." Samurai goes over to him. "Yes, Lorec-san? You said I need to see something?"

Samurai walks over to Alrahm. He doesn't care for the fan show with Snowstorm, and Encore needs Evergreen right now. Best to see what the leader plans to do for now.

"That's no good, Alrahm-san. The tournament and the train battle have left me drained. I've zapped just about all my magic. I need food and rest. If someone starts a fire, I can absorb it and use it to reinvigorate my magic, but for now, I'm not sure what I can do."

Samurai hears Lorec. "Excuse me." Samurai goes over to him. "Yes, Lorec-san? You said I need to see something?"

Lorec bowed his head, feeling guilt for shogun.

_____

Lorec:

"Your shogun challenged me to a knife edge death match.... I won. I'm sorry, equine.... He gave me no choice. Come see the result for yourself. You deserve to know."

_______

Lorec motioned for shogun to follow him. He pushed open the door to the train car that he had fought shogun in, and stepped aside for samurai to view the sight.

Syuren spoke out.

_______

Syuren;

" guys, we need to move, now! That big bastard is probably planning to send another wave at us, and we ain't ready for it! Well... Most of us. Me n' Lorec can keep going. Don't know 'bout the rest of you.

@literally snails

Alrahm turned to snowstorm. He had a question.

Alrahm:

" snowstorm, I remember that you stayed behind. Did you gather any information at all?"

( sorry about this short unexciting post. It's been a long day.)

2l7vqa.jpg

Evergreen assisted Encore out of the train station and towards the place they'd be resting tonight. Later, she'd have stern words for him in being more responsible in the ways in which he exerted himself, but right now she needed to make sure he could rest. They disappeared into the darkness surrounding the train station for the night.

Syuren spoke out.
_______
" guys, we need to move, now! That big bastard is probably planning to send another wave at us, and we ain't ready for it! Well... Most of us. Me n' Lorec can keep going. Don't know 'bout the rest of you.

@literally snails

Alrahm turned to snowstorm. He had a question.

Alrahm:
" snowstorm, I remember that you stayed behind. Did you gather any information at all?"

Herself bored of the fanshow Snowstorm seemed to be attracting, Cascade turned to leave, to wander off like she always seemed to, when Syuren's words caused her to pause, interested. Big guy? Huh. This must be bigger than a random fight on a train, a lightshow, and a duel for a cosplayer's honor. Overhearing the start to Alrahm's conversation with Snowstorm as well, she began to grow confused.

She approached Syuren, as he seemed to not be incredibly busy after his short pep talk. "So..." Cascade began. "I've been out of inhabited areas for a while, and all of a sudden it's all light shows and fights and sepuu... Seepuk.... Sikuhh... Ceremonial Japonese suicide.. Is there something big going on that I'm supposed to know about?"

((Sorry if this post is bad, it's been a long day and I'm not entirely sober right now))

Edited by Strider

Samurai watch Lorec open the car, but Shogun is gone!

Samurai quickly hops in and looks around. Indeed, Shogun is gone. All his blades, his clothes and armor, all gone.

However, the floor is still partially turned to gold. The gold spots outline a crater where Shogun once stood, where Shogun 'sacrificed himself'.

Samurai wipes one of the gold shards clean. "I see. He turned himself gold, but because he was holding the swords, he turned himself back to normal and fled. Lorec-san, I don't blame you. He lost his battle. He was mind-bent when I fought him on the train, and was probably mind-bent when he challenged you to that death match. No one acts the same once they've become mindless slaves. But it's all different now... Back before I met any of you, the mind-control was subtle. Victims would look and act like they normally do, just bent on raging war with each other. Now, after those false gods appeared, it's worse. The mind-controlled victims look more like zombies, lifeless and driven by instinct or by a command from a higher power. I am lucky. Somehow, my magic was stronger. Somehow I could sense their mind being taken..."

Samurai leaps out of the car. "Lorec-san, are you good at hunting? There might not be time to prepare a formal meal, but since the Everfree Forest isn't far off, maybe we could hunt up something to eat. You seem like a good scavenger."

Edited by Samurai Equine