open To justify the means ( IC RP)

Vae Victis

@magos ampharose

-----------------(above the arena, where the storm brews.)---------------

Avaerus sensed that the psychic could feel him. Using the power of his own thought, he would send a messege down to her. This was to be phase one; the spread of despair. His eyes glowed, and his voiced pierced into shelevan's mind.

' Ye who can sense me... Watch now as everything you know.... Everything that you care about... Is turned to ash. You will bear witness to a force that can not be stopped in your pitiable, weakling state. Make way, the Shepard of fire approaches... The azure terror, whom is my herald... Will be upon you, along with myself. Know true pain. Become stronger due to that pain. Knowledge is power, and power has a price. If you seek knowledge to save the world... Then pay the price of suffering.'

_______

@ literally snails

Avaerus then targeted mason with a psychic attack.

' ye who made an unholy covenant... Thou feared death, did you not? To thee, I say vae victis; woe to the conquered. You have made others suffer, and feel fear with your ill intentions.... Today, you will know true fear. He knows that you threatened his descendant, mason.... He knows of your sin. And he shall strike fear into thine heart. Run like the insect you are, or suffer a defeat worse than when you failed to defend that young pony so many years ago. The azure blaze will consume you... Unless you cease to be an ant.'

Kazas saw roto there, crawling. He gasped, and knelt down to him.

Kazas:

" roto?!? What happened?!? Who did this?!? No time... Damn!!!" Kazas saw that roto's leg had been blown to bits. This was above his ability to heal. He would have to cut off the flesh and bone as close as he could to the start of the wound, and the cauterize it using the heat. " roto... I have to cut the unhealable tissue off, and burn the wound so it closes up.... Are you okay with this?"

______

Lorec looked into kierro's eyes, and sternly exclaimed.

" none of us die today! You are the only one to D-..... What is that...."

He looked up. Something was definitely wrong. He looked back at kierro, and spoke.

" this is not over...... Something more important is happening."

He sheathed his sword on his back once more. He turned and ran for the stands as hard as he could. The storm was getting worse lightning was starting to crackle around the arena airspace. He made it to the others, and yelled.

" something is wrong!!...."

________

@samurai equine

This was to be avaerus's final psychic attack before the plan was enacted. He spoke into samurai equine's mind.

' ye from another land... Dost thou worry about thine lord? About how your people fair? Do you wonder why they slaughter each other like the mindless dogs they are? Do you wonder what could have caused such a catastrophe to befall you? 'twas not an act from hell, boy... But an act of heaven. You are to be tested. And like everyone else who is to be tested.... You will suffer. The azure flame burns bright and consumes all... Become stronger... Lest you be consumed thyself.... Expect him. Expect me. Fight if you dare. Flee while you can.'

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

@,

"I have never been scared," Mason thought back. "I am not the Mason who was afraid of death. I am not the pony who failed to defend the innocent, and I'm also not the one who cares. That Mason has been dead for over fifty years!"

"Are you still so sure that no one will die today?" Kierro asked calmly as Lorec ran away. He didn't run for safety. He just stood still and waited as the walls around him began to crack.

"Kierro is here too. He did this at Mason's command." Roto explained quicky. He stood up on his three good hooves. "They did this as a warning, but that's not important now. Something worse is happening now."

@@Samurai Equine,

Snowstorm stabbed his sword into the ground again and the Cage of Hell disappeared from around him and his opponent. He pulled the sword back out and turned his back to Equine. "It appears our fight is over," he said. "Something's coming. A friend of yours?"

Edited by Literally Snails

img-2801-1-rsz_sjsitebanner.png

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ks7cTevfRojdvkwD5yROg

@,

Shelevan winced and dropped as a powerful voice punched into her mind to delivered the message. She should have closed her mind sooner. Cursing to herself, she struggled her way to her hooves before bracing herself, still rather shaken from the powerful message. "Attack... is imminent. We need... to... get to... ugh." He leaned over and attempted to steady her breathing, while her mind worked in overtime.

Yet, as she was, she looked up. The black form was coming ever closer, and she could feel the majesty that it projected the despair it caused...

"Oh, no... oh, no!" All bets were off, at this point, as the compulsion to protect his charges began pulsing in the back of his hed, becoming his only thought. Sending a phantom to alert all of his companions of his predicament, he began casting every spell he knew- shooting projectiles at the black shape, putting up shields around the princesses, preparing to teleport directly to the Sister's sides. But, upon seeing the black shape more clearly, he began to despair for his charges. Would all of his protection, all of his defense, be in naught? He began cursing himself. He should have never left their sides, and now he was about to pay for it- and what a dear price it was!

Shouting in a higher pitch then what could be heard by the average pony, he screamed, "Protect the princesses!" The keening grew louder as they slammed against a magical barrier that blocked their path. This wasn't random chance. This was premeditated.

And there was nothing that Agririon could do about it except watch the inevitable... 

@@Samurai Equine,

Snowstorm stabbed his sword into the ground again and the Cage of Hell disappeared from around him and his opponent. He pulled the sword back out and turned his back to Equine. "It appears our fight is over," he said. "Something's coming. A friend of yours?"

@,

Shouting in a higher pitch then what could be heard by the average pony, he screamed, "Protect the princesses!" The keening grew louder as they slammed against a magical barrier that blocked their path. This wasn't random chance. This was premeditated.

Even Samurai takes notice of all the strange activity going on. He hears the voices in his head and grits his teeth. "Friend? Hardly... FACE ME, YOU COWARD!!! You toy with my people but hide your face from me?! I AM THE CHAMPION YOU WANT!!! SETTLE THIS WITH ME!!!" Samurai screams at the sky.

(The following may or may not be edited out, depending on Magos's approval)

Hearing a scream about the Princesses from across the way, Samurai's eyes do wide. He then turns to the private booth for the Princesses and the royal delegates. "Lord Shogun-sama!!!" Samurai says. "Right!" Shogun Equine, a more royal looking version of Samurai Equine, draws two swords and gets in front of Celestia and any other Princesses attending the event, defending them right along side the royal guard ponies. "Do not worry, your majesty. I shall be your personal envoy. No invaders will ever harm you. I swear on it!"

Edited by Samurai Equine

@literally snails @magos ampharose @samurai equine

( now we begin. Welcome to hell.)

Avaerus, still on the main storm cloud with zephrael, turned to him and spoke.

___

Avaerus:

" zephrael. Remember the details, as we discussed. Even if things go awry, we still have enough strength to overpower them a thousand times over. However, I'd prefer If we did it just right. You are in position. Show them why the world should have treated you more kindly, than making you out to be a monster. I will be with you, child. Now go."

_____

Zephrael:

" and when this is all over.... I can finally see them again."

Blue lightning started to strike rapidly across the arena. It was splitting the tiles on which the competitors fought. Avaerus dived off of the cloud, and flew downwards toward the arena at Mach speeds. Three round objects could be seen in his left claw, if one had amazing vision to even catch a glimpse at that pace. He shot straight down towards the middle of the arena, lightning striking all around it. He landed with a shock wave, sending samurai equine and snowstorm into the walls of the pit. Everyone else in the stands were almost blown away by the wind.

Avaerus landed on both feet. The shock wave subsided, and the crowd could see him. What they saw was unlike any creature known to the world. Upon observing Avaerus, many could see peculiar things about him. He was bipedal, but had the claws of a griffon. He wore a white, sleeveless robe with golden accents on the folds of the silk. In some places, it had been slightly ripped. His claws had golden bracers upon them. At first glance, this creature appeared to be holy. It's face was unseen, the only discernible feature being pure, white glowing eyes. He had eight great wings, of which were gray and were accented with gold tip feathers. His claws themselves were armored, golden as well.

He stood silent. He raised the claw in which held the three objects high above his head, facing towards the champions. The three heads became discernible, two of them having crowns, the other being an old enemy of equestria.

The head of emperor Raziak, who was the leader of the griffon empire.

The head of duke Jirah, the leader of the minotaurs.

And finally, the head of queen chrysalis, de facto ruler of changelings.

The crowd was perplexed. They hadnt figured out what was happening. Kazas had fallen to his knees, trying to discern what was happening, and started to shed tears and shake.

_________

Kazas:

" that... That being... He looks like the angel in our temples... The great creator, Avae... But... No... Emperor Raziak is dead... An angel... Displaying his head like its nothing.... Why....?"

He was in too much shock to act. His emperor was dead. And the creator he worshipped was the one who killed him.

____

Lorec was equally in shock, unable to move. Lord Jirah... Dead... Then.. What did that mean for his homeland?!?

_______

And then.... It happened.

A shiny blue trail appeared in the sky, also able to hit Mach speeds. Except this one... Was heading right toward the princesses. Unicorns fired spells at him. Arrows were shot. All of them missed. The blue energy that covered him burned them away before they could even hit. He charged, and the defenders got more desperate and started to rapidly fire all of their projectiles at him. No use. It was a griffon, one that held a halberd in his left claw, charging.

1000 ft away from the pavilion...

500 ft...

100 ft....

There.

He landed in the pavilion. There was one strange looking pegasi there. He grabbed him by his face with his free claw, and threw him into the crowd below. He'd be fine. The other defenders would not. Zephrael, one clawing his halberd, unleashed a single horizontal slash. One powerful enough to halve all of the guards within a 6 ft radius. This was without effort, of course. He then sprinted at Celestia, who was too surprised to act. He got in close... Brought back his halberd...

" forgive me... I never wanted this."

In one slash that was so quick that almost no one could see it, his halberd sliced clean through celestia's neck. Her expression was forever etched upon the now bodiless head. It flew in the air, and zephrael caught it in his claw.

Luna tried to fly away, but zephrael was too fast. Before she escaped the pavillion, he sliced her right wing off, just barely missing. Luna screamed in pain, and landed in the arena, at avaerus's feet. He kept looking at the champions, decapitated heads still held high, ignoring Luna's screams of agony as she crawled, trying to get away, but was weakened due to extreme blood loss.

Cadence tried to fire a magical beam at zephrael, but he dodged and impaled her upon his halberd, directly in the heart. With her dying like a stuck pig upon his polearm weapon, he flies out of the pavilion, halberd in one hand dragging cadence, celestia's head in the other. He circled above the arena, eventually dropping cadence's body near Luna, who was trying to crawl away. Cadence was dead.

Zephrael landed near Luna, and started walking on his hind legs. His eyes were crying blood, and his expression would turn anyone away, lest they feel his guilt with him.

_______

Luna:

" please..... Don't.... Please.... I don't want to die...."

______

Zephrael spoke once to her before finishing it.

Zephrael:

" may the all maker have mercy and forgive you of sin... For you meet him today."

His halberd pierced her forehead. Blood sprouted from the wound. He retracted the halberd. Luna's head fell to the ground.

Zephrael lifted the head of Celestia up, and faced the crowd of champions. He had such a sorrowful look in his blue eyes.

" gods... Do not bleed."

He tossed away celestia's head in full view, keeping his eyes on them, standing next to Avaerus. His tears of blood were ever present.

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

@

(Wow. Cannot say I was expecting this... Guess I cannot back out now.)

Shogun Equine waits while the royal guards do their thing. When it does not seem like it is working, he spreads his wings and flies toward one of the attackers. "Midas Curse!" Crossing his swords momentarily, he swings and unleashes a golden blast of some kind. Anything that is hit with the blast is frozen, turned to gold instantly. However, when this attack does not work on Zephrael, he is left speechless. "What?! NO!" He is silenced when he is grabbed by the face and then thrown forcefully into the crowd, smashing through the stands like a bullet being shot through glass.

(In case Magos approves of my 2nd character and the paragraph above is not edited out, please don't have him die just yet. Not unless it's absolutely necessary to the plot.)

Samurai, having been thrown into a pit the hard way, slowly picks himself up. "Ugh... What power..." Battered but not out of it just yet, Samurai pulls himself out of the pit. By the time he does, he wishes he hadn't. Celestia's head falls before him. "P-Princess...?" His face is that of ultimate horror. His world has just been rocked. He falls to his knees, reaching out for her head, but unable to take hold. He is in complete shell shock right now. He might not be useful to anyone any more...

Edited by Samurai Equine

@,

Havoc appeared behind Lorec. He had actually walked behind him, but Lorec was so distracted that it was as if he came out of nowhere. "Fight with me."

Samurai, having been thrown into a pit the hard way, slowly picks himself up. "Ugh... What power..." Battered but not out of it just yet, Samurai pulls himself out of the pit. By the time he does, he wishes he hadn't. Celestia's head falls before him. "P-Princess...?" His face is that of ultimate horror. His world has just been rocked. He falls to his knees, reaching out for her head, but unable to take hold. He is in complete shell shock right now. He might not be useful to anyone any more...

"Pick yourself up!" Snowstorm commanded. This was where one of the main advantages of being a demon came in. He wasn't phased by what was happening. He grabbed Samurai by the collar and pulled him to his hooves. "You still owe me an uwagi! Now pull your sorry ass together and at least pretend you're a fighter!"

@,

Mason grabbed Agririon by one of his back legs and pulled him out of the was of a projectile of debris. It wouldn't have been deadly if it hit, but Mason really just wanted to get his attention.

"These two are A-class power levels, we'd be wasting our time fighting them, and you're certainly wasting your time staring at them!" He barked. "Gather your specters and stay close to me. This is where self preservation takes over!"

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

@@@Literally Snails,

Thousands of years flash by Agririon's eyes, as the ones he was sworn to protect were brutally murdered before his eyes, his spells having been passed through as if they were cardboard. He sank to his knees as blue tears of spectral energy started falling from his mask's eye sockets. They never deserved this, to be laid so low by a traitor and a coward. They should have died in peace...

He started shaking, even as Mason tugged him out of the way of a debris field by his cloak before he stood up. As he slowly stood up, he felt something within him start to boil. Something he had not felt within him for a long time.

Rage.

And, as the princesses were now deceased, he also felt something within him... unlock. He was unsure what that was, but he felt a bit tenser. Even so, he had failed. He had failed because he was too blind. And, by the Allmaker, he would avenge himself.

But the words of the demon cut through his bubbling mind, and, although every iota of energy in this form desired him to attack the monster, he knew there would be a next time. Besides, as the one who broke his oath, he had just became his new target- indeed, information bled into his mind as the magic blinding him to the deceased squeezed it out of the fabric of the universe. But it was still half-formed, and he needed time to sort it all out.

Standing up- and up to his full, two legged form, not just to a standing position- he grabbed his scythe. "Indeed it might be, if I had any. I need to tie up these beings until the others can escape, for if it is cold-hearted enough to kill the two brightest souls this kingdom will produce, it will not stop there. Self preservation or not, more ponies do not have to die today. If you are concerned about this 'self-preservation', go and save yourself! And if you truly have an iota of honor within you, you might help others do the same."

He sighed and cracked his fingers, locking himself into the logical part of his brain. There would be a time to grieve later, but this was not the time. There were more mortal lives on the line. But as he began to conduct the lesser wraiths and begin a concerted effort, Rosalia appeared behind them. "The others are among the crowd, trying to guide their fortunes to the exits and out of the city. Orithamus personally insisted that he would help the other champions escape! Where do you want..."

He pulled her aside and pointed her at the griffon. "That griffon is the one responsible for this mess. There is another, powerful being up there, and back away if you don't get the chance, but if you can, infect him with your disease. Don't get anyone else by mistake, though."

She nodded and rolled back a sleeve, revealing a flesh and blood hoof instead of a tendril of energy, and gently swabbed it before inserting a small needle and pricking herself, drawing a bead of blood, which she then used to poison a trio of darts before swabbing the blood away and withdrawing the hoof.

Agririon, in the meantime, turned to the crowd, and started directing the main body of specters and wraiths into a position to escort ponies out of the arena quickly, while another body- mainly of banshees and wraiths that focused more on feasting then on collecting- were sent swirling around the griffon. Though the griffon easily batted them back, it gave enough time for a rather small, fast wraith to dash behind them and collect the princesses's souls before disappearing back into Mortus. From there, he began to conduct numeruos spells of binding and distraction, buying precious time for the other ponies to escape.

The lucky ponies were able to be teleported out, reappearing in the  nearby forest, but the vast majority was forced to move through the old fashioned way- that is, running. And run they did! Yet, it was unclear if enough ponies would get clear before the griffon decided to change targets...

He stole a glance at Mason. "Now you are the one sitting there, staring. Get going!"

@@Literally Snails, @, @@Samurai Equine,  

Shelevan was left gasping through the event, to the point where she was unaware of what just happened, although when the crowd suddenly burst running, she knew that something bad had happened. She slowly got to her hooves  and looked around in a daze. "What...?"

Suddenly, something shifted behind her, and she staggered around to see a rather large... wraith-creature-thing that towered above her. It was huge- roughly as big as one of the minotaurs, if not slightly bigger- and was entirely self-contained within the suit it wore.

Too tired to fight, she sat down and shook her head, as, for the second time that day, she felt something penetrate her mind. In fact, all of the nearby champions felt it, although she didn't know it. It spoke with an extremely deep voice, that sounded like an earthquake rumbling, but there seemed to be some sort of... delicacy... behind it.

My name is Orithamus, and I am one of the seven major wraiths assigned to watch over Equestria. I have been sent to assist in evacuating the champions... Who among you can be called the 'leader' of this band?

Beneficial or not, it was the second time that day that Shelevan's mind was penetrated forcefully. She was so mentally strained at this point, it was an effort to stay conscious, let alone standing, at this point, yet she still attempted to stay strong, if not for her sake, then for the sake of the other ponies.

Edited by Magos Amphrose

Kazas and his companions were all shocked. Kazas eyed the griffon. Zephrael started to unleash a blue aura from his body. His azure eyes now glowing. Zephrael looked very similar to kazas. Facial structure, especially. His armor was also very similar to kazas's, except lighter and less protection in favor of speed. Zephrael's feathers were pure white with blue accents, and his armor was gray and white. Kazas then pieced it together. And became extremely angry when he finally did. He muttered, but it was audible to all.

" you... Why did you come back... You died 700 years ago, traitor.... You shamed the family.... You abused the power... So why is it that you were the most powerful of the line... Zephrael Azarith!!!! I'm going to send you back to hell for what you've done!!!! And that imitator of the savior Avae will die with you!!! Vorrin! Shadow of light formation! Now!"

Vorrin nodded, and materialized into kazas's shadow. Kazas's eye started to glow red, and fire snaked up his arm.

_________

Alrahm protested frantically.

Alrahm: kazas, you cannot battle him! If the legend is true, then you are nothing compared to him! He slew over ten thousand griffons single handedly in your homeland's lore!!! You will not win!"

_______

Syuren, who had been with them, also tried to convince kazas not to do it.

_____

Syuren:

" kaz, he's right man! He just off'd the strongest ponies here!!! He killed the princesses! We can't compete with that! Run, man! We'll get em back soon! I'm an idiot, but what your plannin' is dumber than me!"

_____

Kazas retorted.

" fine! If you cowards want to stay out of this, do so! I'm ending this for the all maker! These sinners die!!!!"

Lorec:

" kazas wait!!!!!! You can't best him with just vorrin and yourself-"

_____

Lorec was cut off. Kazas was flying towards zephrael in a rage, with vorrin in his shadow.

@literally snails

______

Lorec snorted.

" fool.... You'll die!!!!!!"

He then turned to havoc.

" I have to get to them and drag them away... If you want to come, then do so... But if you don't..... Please keep the others safe."

Lorec hopped into the pit, and started running towards zephrael and Avaerus, drawing his sword and charging. His goal wasn't to defeat Avaerus or zephrael. It was to save kazas and vorrin.

Zephrael readied himself, raising his halberd in one claw. He spoke to himself.

" so this is the current generation's pheonix knight... I was hoping you were not this foolish.... I know your plan already... And your shadowy friend will pay the price."

Kazas kept on flying at zephrael, raising his sword to strike. Behind them was Lorec.

Zephrael spoke once more.

___

Zephrael:

" if you all fail the test... Your lives are forfeit... And your world will BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRNNNNN!!!!!!"

He yelled as kazas closed in. Suddenly, vorrin appeared out of kazas's shadow, ready to take zephrael's head with his chain sickle. Zephrael's aura became violent. Vorrin had lept into the air after rematerilizing from kazas's shadow. He was ready to bro g death from above as kazas rushed him head on.. Kazas swung.

Zephrael blocked kazas's sword blow with his foreclaw. He saw vorrin coming in from above. The fool. Zephrael stabbed at vorrin with his halberd claw, and struck deep into vorrin's chest. Kazas was surprised, and screamed!

_________

Kazas:

" vorrinnn!!!! I'll kill you, traitor!!!"

_____

Just then, zephrael knocked kazas's sword away with his free claw, and grabbed him by the throat. He launched vorrin into the crowd, with a deep wound opened in his chest. Vorrin landed near shelevan, dying slowly and painfully.

Lorec saw what happened, and charged in to try and free kazas. However, when he got close, zephrael slammed his halberd into Lorec's arm, sending him flying towards the arena wall, colliding with it and landing near samurai equine.

Avaerus spoke.

_____

Avaerus:

" let me see the boy..."

____

Zephrael:

" don't hurt him."

_____

Avaerus:

" I won't. I just need to perform an attitude adjustment on him."

Zephrael passed kazas to Avaerus, claw still on his throat. Kazas looked into avaerus's eyes, and spit on him.

" false savior.... Go to hell...."

Avaerus answered.

Avaerus:

" you're going to be an important part of this plan. You're going to serve me... As well as many of the ponies here, too."

With that, a beam shot from avaerus's eyes into kazas's eye. Kazas screamed in agony. He was being mind bent. Soon, he would be a puppet of Avaerus. Before being completely overcome, he yelled for agririon, reaching for a necklace that was wrapped around his neck and attaching it to the hilt of his sword. He yelled.

_______

@magos ampharose

Kazas:

" agririon!!!!!...... Black.... Fire!!!!! Griffon... Empire!!!!!...."

Kazas tossed his sword with the last of his strength, and it landed at agririon's hooves. It was clear that kazas wanted them to run with his sword.

Vorrin was bleeding, clutching the fresh wound in his chest and coughing blood. He looked at shelevan, and spoke with his last breath.

___

Vorrin:

" you... Miss... Please... Listen to me... I... Have a final request before... *cough* I pass....."

_______

@samurai equine @literally snails @magos ampharose

When Avaerus was done mind bending kazas, he let his unconscious body hit the ground. Avaerus raised his own claw, and beams of light shot out of it. They struck ponies in the stands. After a few seconds,the struck ponies started attacking others, who had no idea what was happening.

Alrahm spoke.

" everyone... He's starting to render their minds to his own cause.... We must flee. Kazas and vorrin have fallen..."

2l7vqa.jpg

Shaking Samurai up did not seem to do anything. It just made him more hysterical. Even when Snowstorm gives up on him, his breathes come in short, rapid, panicked pants. He's shaking all over and his eyes have shrunken at the horrible sight he has seen. But somewhere in this anguish, Samurai stands, and...

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Samurai gives a long, painful scream.

And once has finished doing so, every emotion suddenly transmutes into rage. He turns toward Zephrael, runs towards him, takes huge leaps, bounces off a few things, then lands in the pavilion. And once he is close, he uses all of his physical strength to try and push him back. "KNOCK IT OFF!!! First you control the ponies of my homeland, making them kill each other in the name of civil war... And now you come here, killing innocent souls. Tell me why!! What are you trying to prove?!?!" Samurai asks, but based on his actions, it seems like he doesn't care about anything anymore. Not Zephrael's answers, not any plans being made amidst battle, and not what's happening to Kazas or anything else that's right in front of him!

Staggering out of the rubble is the Shogun Equine. His attire is slightly tattered, and he is bleeding from his forehead. It's pooling into one of his eyes, making him wince. "Samurai, you fool... You can't win that way." He notices he is close to Alrahm. "You. Can you help me retrieve my vassal before he throws his life away? I may be able to save him. I have one last trick up my sleeve." Shogun says, drawing his gunbai fan.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@literally snails

______

Lorec snorted.

"Fool.... You'll die!!!!!!"

He then turned to havoc.

"I have to get to them and drag them away... If you want to come, then do so... But if you don't..... Please keep the others safe."

_______

@samurai equine @literally snails @magos ampharose

When Avaerus was done mind bending kazas, he let his unconscious body hit the ground. Avaerus raised his own claw, and beams of light shot out of it. They struck ponies in the stands. After a few seconds,the struck ponies started attacking others, who had no idea what was happening.

Alrahm spoke.

"Everyone... He's starting to render their minds to his own cause.... We must flee. Kazas and vorrin have fallen..."

Mason whistled sharply. He had little concern of being heard by the two marauders, but the whistling was heard by exactly who he wanted to hear it. Roto limped to his side with his wounded leg elevated. Kierro zipped behind him from inside of the crumbling building where he had been waiting. Snowstorm dropped what he was doing and flew to Mason's opposite side, and Havoc ran up behind all of them with his axe ready.

With his four underlings gathered and Samurai offering a voluntary distraction, Mason made eye contact with Alrahm. "There aren't very many ways this day could get better for me," he said. "But the fun is over. You and your friends want out? The Yokai seven will protect your escape."

@,

Agririon's concentration was shattered as the blade landed at his feet. He gazed at it before snatching it up, along with the necklace, and examined it, his eyes growing wide. He sheathed it within his cloak before standing up straight. "Actually, perhaps I have realized a particular love of my own self, if only for the protection of these particular artifacts." He started to quickly move down towards the others in an attempt to go with the others. After a few moments, Agririon stretched out his mind and touched the sword. Tell me you are here, Spirit of Fire, and not with Kazas still.

Struggling to her feet, Shelevan slowly straightened up before staggering next to Vorrin. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw the flesh wound in his chest. Taking a knee next to this unfortunate pony, she bowed the best she could and said, "I would be honored to hear this request."

@magos ampharose

The sword resonated, giving off a warmth of life and an orange glow.

_______

Ezerepth:

" indeed I am, agririon... It has been too long... Look Around you... this being with eight wings is bending innocent will to his own. Mortals are attacking mortals... Thankfully, the true purpose behind kazas's distraction has allowed some of them to start escaping... Kazas yelled out one last request before he became subject to the will of that being. I'm sure you understand part of that message, yes? When this is done, speak those words to alrahm, the keeper of ice. He will understand. And as for the griffon who stands before you.... I can attest to his power. Please, flee. He was, and still is the greatest of the Azarith line. the rest of the truth, I was forbidden to tell by that very griffon long ago, and it remains a standing order. He has slain one of my kin, and has taken back the power that I once provided..."

________

Vorrin uncovered his shrouded face and clutched at his wound again. A purple earth pony, scar going down vertically around his snout. He was starting to throw up blood.

" pl...please... I have something to give you..."

With his remaining strength, he reached for his chained sickle that had landed near him. He presented it to shelevan.

" I a-... Was... The keeper of shadows... The gargoyle ruler hyldran's shadestalker. But... As I * cough* lay here, dying... An heir must be chosen by right of will... I... I don't know you.... But I can feel power... Coming from you... I... I wish for you to be the successor... And don't worry... Hyldran will conform to your needs... The weapon will change to benefit you. Do *cough* you accept the bestowal of shadow... And do you know the price... Of this power....? If you do, please accept... And tell the others... I'm sorry... Kazas... I failed you. ...."

@ samurai equine

Alrahm looked at this royal looking pegasi, and nodded.

Alrahm:

" yes, but once I do this, it's up to you to retrieve him!"

Alrahm popped a flask that he kept on a belt on his robe. His horn started glowing dark silver, and a small drop of water came out. It floated near him, and then froze right in front of the pegasus's eyes. He turned to the pavillion where equine was ranting, and sent the small ice droplet flying at him at ludacris speeds. It hit equine right between the eyes.

Alrahm:

" I've done all I can. The rest of us have to assist with evacuating who we can! It's too late for some, but others can still make it."

@literally snails

Lorec slowly came to, and got up... He was still clutching the greatsword in one hand. His left arm, which was the arm that took the blunt side of zephrael's halberd, was limp. It had been broken. Lorec ran back towards the champions. Vorrin was dying. But there was no time to mourn. He hopped over the barrier and into the crowd of champions. He spoke to mason and his group.

Lorec:

" if you try to take him.... It won't end well..."

______

Alrahm added his insight to the conversation.

Alrahm:

" indeed. He is in a class of his own. Don't throw your lives away. Help us escort and fight our way to an escape. Please. We may not agree with each other on certain things, but both of us can conclude that suicide isn't an intelligent option. If you die here... Everything you've ever done will be all for naught."

@magos ampharose

Syuren was in shock and could not speak. He was afraid. Afraid, and shedding tears. Vorrin... Dead. Kazas, captured. Lorec, heavily injured. Behind him, a giant wraith like creature appeared. It wasn't agririon. It was someone else. Syuren had a blank expression on his face along with tears. It was obvious his mental fortitude was diminishing. Still, he did his best to answer this new being's question.

Syuren:

" kazas is Out...Alrahm is the leader now... Vorrin is dead... Mason heads the yokais..."

2l7vqa.jpg

Mason knew this wasn't the time to waste precious seconds. Despite his horrible evil, he showed great aptitude when commanding his Yokai.

"They insist on bring the injured with us and there's no time to argue." He said, "Havoc, Roto, stay with the slow and injured. Make sure they keep pace with the rest of us. Havoc, if Roto's injured leg slows us down, kill him."

Havoc and Roto nodded and jumped into action, they kept next to Lorec (and I'm assuming there are other injured as well.)

Mason continued. "Snowstorm, disguise your wavelength and take to the clouds. If these two creatures leave, I want to know where they're going!"

Snowstorm obeyed. He concentrated on his aura and it changed hues from red to green. So long as he wasn't seen. No one would be able to sense him. Snowstorm darted up into one of the storm clouds and hid there.

Mason turned to Kierro and gave him the last order. "Ki, find Femi and Oni and gather our underlings. All of them. Once you've done this, follow Femi in everything she says!"

Kierro nodded and sprinted in the opposite direction of the others. He would find his own way out.

It was a combined effort, but for the best. Samurai was going after Zephrael, a mistake that would kill him instantly. However, thanks to Alrahm and Shogun, that was not going to happen. Before Zephrael gets the chance to do so, Alrahm's trick knocks him out. Shogun gets close, twirls his fan left then right, then swings it down. "Kneel! Kneel before your general! I said KNEEL!!!" Like his swords before, Shogun's fan exhibits magical powers of some kind. Normally, this item would make any lesser ponies or being do as he says. It WON'T work on Zephrael, but if it can slow him down enough to get Samurai away from him, so be it.

As Shogun waves his gunbai fan up and down, he nods to the large group of Kurokos behind him. Apparently, they survived all this, probably took to the shadows in all the chaos. A few of them try to grab Zephrael in a group tackle. A few others grab Samurai and Samurai's cart and various luggage. Once Samurai is secure with the Shogun, the rest of the Kurokos guard them like a shield as they retreat out of the tournament grounds as fast as possible.

@,

"... Excellent. I'll try not to let you fall into his claws, then. Cele-" he stopped himself midway, pausing for a moment. "Death knows that we don't need the enemies to have another advantage." He slid to a stop by the others and, scanning the stands, he sent a mental chime towards Orithamus, catching glimpses of the others as they attempted to remove the others out quickly.

@@@Literally Snails@@Samurai Equine,

Orithamus considered these answers for a short while before extending out a tiny, almost invisible tendril to Syuren so that he could communicate without weakening his mental fortitude further than from his sudden mental assault. Thank you for that concise list, Champion of the Wind- at least, from what you could put together on such short notice. Let us go down and meet them, and see to exiting this area. And worry not, it is natural to be afraid in this position. Quietly, he quickly moved towards the other champions, making sure Syuren was following, before meeting with the others. He bowed slightly to Agririon before examining the others. I submit to the one known as Alrahm. Tell me how I may help you more effectively.

@,

"I..." Shelevan paused for a moment, taking a breath as she considered her choices. More specifically, this one. The dangers of both possessing an enchanted weapon and the benefits, gave her much to think about in a mere second of time, but she realized that she had only one real choice. "Yes, Sir Vorrin... I will accept this honor from you, in honor of you." She grabbed it, and looked at the weapon ever so slightly. She was proficient in the usage of a chain sickle, but she had never practiced it much, despite her intentions.

Awaiting for the soul inside to realize it's possessor, she bowed to Vorrin. "Rest well, Guardian of the Shadow. May your name live on in eternity..."

@samurai equine

Zephrael's eyes flashed blue. Azure fire exploded from his being, catching all of those that the japonese had sent after them on fire.

He yelled at the pair.

Zephrael:

" I didn't come here to burn away the weak! Now run, or die! It's your choice, fools, unless you want to meet the same in that your rulers did!"

@literally snails

Ponies that had been mind bent were attacking ones who hadn't. Strangely enough, they had been left alone by the mind bent. At least, for now.

Alrahm spoke to mason in a concerned tone.

____

Alrahm:

" mason, we must get the civilians to safety! If my memory serves me well, then the trains at the canterlot station should still be there! That's where we need to head! we must guide them to the trains, and ride to ponyville to warn of what has happened, if they have not found out already.... I have a plan... But we will need to help each other to fully realize that plan!"

@magos ampharose

Vorrin sighed, and smiled.

______

" th..... Thank you.... Miss... Please... Become *cough cough* stronger than I ever could be!!! protect them as I couldn't... good... Luck."

His eyes rolled into the back of his head, and he slowly closed his eyes. A smile was left on his face, knowing that his death wasn't without merit.

_______

A voice spoke out to shelevan.

Hyldran:

" you have been chosen as the next successor, as per the right of keepers. You are now my shadestalker, and I am your unconditional benefactor. My power is yours. but be wary... Mortal bodies were never actually meant to use our power. When this is over, seek out the other keepers... They can help you. But as your servant, I suggest you flee now."

________

Alrahm heard the voice of orithamus. He responded in a surprised manner.

Alrahm:

" help... From another world. Finally, a piece of well needed news. I need you to find certain mortals. First, I need you to spread the message that all civillians need to head towards the trains to ponyville. Secondly, pass around this phrase. It is ' mea culpa '. The acolytes of our organization will know what it means, and will protect the civillians as they travel to the trains! Please, hurry!"

Syuren followed orithamus, and then went to Lorec's side. Lorec was clutching his broken arm, ready to move out.

________

@samurai equine @literally snails @ magos ampharose

Alrahm yelled:

" everyone!!!! We need to flee to the trains! We need to warn ponyville of this and get everyone to safety! Please, hurry!!!"

The storm was picking up speed. Rain started pouring over canterlot, screams could be heard in the distance. Smoke could also be seen. Apparently fires had been started in canterlot, and the rain wasn't strong enough to put it out yet.

2l7vqa.jpg

Zephrael's attack kills the Kurokos who attacked him, but by the way Shogun Equine is moving, it's almost as if he doesn't care. And in some ways, that suspicion is about to be confirmed.

As he flees with his vassal in tow, his Kurokos help him clean up; patching up the cut on his head, cleaning off his face, and cleaning his eye out. When that is done, the Shogun suddenly has an episode of pain. He reels himself in and taps the side of his head a few times. His eyes are blinking, like a flickering light bulb. One minute possessed, the next back to normal. Still, he shakes his head and keeps going.

...It's a wonder no one sensed it before...

When the announcement is made about the train station, Shogun approaches Alrahm, and draws his two best swords right up to his throat. "...Whatever your plan is, wherever you are leading everypony, it had better be in a neutral location. I don't care where, just leave Japon out of it. Understand? Foreigners are NOT welcome."

Alrahm yelled:

" everyone!!!! We need to flee to the trains! We need to warn ponyville of this and get everyone to safety! Please, hurry!!!"

The storm was picking up speed. Rain started pouring over canterlot, screams could be heard in the distance. Smoke could also be seen. Apparently fires had been started in canterlot, and the rain wasn't strong enough to put it out yet.

Mason didn't change his orders to his yokai. They stayed at their positions and moved with the group. "We will help you fight, but we are not going to waste our efforts saving a small crowd of civilians in numbers that mean nothing!" Mason said without a hint of remorse. "You say you need our cooperation? More than that. You'll die without us! I have an army at my command and it can set the stage for your little plan, but of what do you expect me to do this? Out of the blackness of my own heart?"

(Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what the "Blackness of my own heart" line is a quote from.)

• Brohoof 1

@samurai equine

______

Alrahm was starting to get irritated. All of this personal nonsense was becoming foolish. He spoke to the shogun.

" japon? We are not heading in that direction! You have no need to fear. Now put away your blades!"

______

@literally snails

_______

He then turned to mason.

" no, I expect you to do this for survival, or keel over and perish! If you haven't noticed, the literal ' savior ' of the Vakor religion has shown up with a long deceased and powerful pheonix knight who has murdered seven major leaders since coming into existence, along with an army of 10,000 in ONE. FELL. SWOOP! Furthermore, if it isn't obvious to you already, our foe is building an army! Ponder long and hard, mason. If he has already taken the heads of other lands' sovereigns, doesn't that mean that he has mind-bent people there, also? It's already self evident! Neither your little army, nor the D. R.O.'s acolytes, or the royal guard stand a chance alone! I don't expect you to do this out of the blackness of your heart. I expect you to do it because like us, you want to live another day! Now you have two choices; help us escort the civillians and be a part of my stratagem to gather power, or die on your own. Step forward or retreat! The choice is yours! Either way, we keepers are helping the civillians!"

@magos ampharose

Alrahm then turned to the new wraith that had appeared.

" and one more thing, friend... If you can, find the royal guard captains and tell them what has happened. If I remember correctly, they number 6,000 strong here in canterlot! As need them to travel to ponyville along with us! Combine them with the order's 2000 acolytes, and that makes a fighting force of 8000.... I'm already getting an idea of where to go. Please, my stratagem relies on you! I'm sorry to dump these tasks upon you, but we must get all of these citizens to safety!"

• Brohoof 1

2l7vqa.jpg

The Shogun withdraws his blades, for now. "That's more like it. Take care of who ever you need to. This no longer concerns us." The shogun turns to one of his Kurokos. "Ready the wagon. Perhaps there is an embassy in one of the neighboring towns. We'll take shelter there. The rest of these foreigners can play god all on their own." The Kurokos nod and then leave.

The Shogun splits from the team. It isn't long before his team of Kurokos return with a HUGE wagon! It's big enough to carry a lot of people. Definitely big enough to carry all the remaining champions from the tournament. With some help, Shogun gets on the wagon and lays his vassal down. The Kurokos are going to push the wagon. If no one stops him or tries to hitch a ride with him, then Shogun is probably going to leave everyone behind and follow his own plans.

@,

As you wish. Bowing slightly, he quickly glided, executing the task that he was sent to do- mustering the Royal Guard and the Divine Retribution's acolytes by Alrahm's instruction, as well as assisting his comrades. Despite his good intentions, however, Orithamus knew that the task would take some time. Hoping that the ponies below could survive for that long, he took a breath, warped back into the stands, and started.

Agririon chuckled slightly. "That's Orithamus, all right. Now, let us depart with as many civilians as we can muster!"

He quickly ran at an angle away from Zephrael, and began to start fighting the mind bent ponies who were attacking the civilians, not hesitating to take lives in this case if they refused to stop. Slowly but surely, the other ponies began to move towards the exits. He crossed his fingers and hoped desperately that he wouldn't draw any major attention to him, but, if he did... well, it would prove to be quite the distraction for the others to leave under.

Shelevan sighs and nods in agreement. Yes, let us get going. She begins to move towards the exit, and quickly as well, guiding the flow of the civilians as she directed them out of the arena. She saw flashes of other, differently colored wraiths, to solve arguments and quickly keep the crowd moving to exit the arena. "Come on, everyone!" She shouted. "We have to get going and get these people to safety!"

Edited by Magos Amphrose
  • Brohoof 1

@

Mason directed Roto and Havoc toward the crowd with a nonverbal gesture. The two immediately moved to direct the crowd to the tunnels. 

"My command has never failed a mission, and from what I understand, you clearly can't say the same. I suggest you start listening to me before you have to learn this lesson the hard way."

@literally snails

Avaerus spoke out to the champions. More specifically, toward mason and alrahm. This was the first time they would hear him speak. His voice was booming, and demanding of attention. And yet, it was almost inviting, like a source of light in a pitch black cave. Almost like whatever the creature was that had initiated the attack was holy, in a way.

" if you all can not build a boat together that can survive a small storm, then how do you expect to survive a raging typhoon? The old unicorn is more intelligent than you think, demon! And the demon is a lot more powerful than you think, gruff one! Now, the test has been handed out! Consider the whole world as a class, and your fate as to be decided by the class average! Show me that you're worthy of the life that I gave to you all so many millennia ago! If not, I will personally wipe you all out MYSELF! now go, survive, gather power, and win this match of chess against your maker!"

Just then, a gold and white aura started crackling around Avaerus. Lightning snaked around his entire being. His wings spread, and light radiated from him.

@literally snails @samurai equine @magos ampharose

" some of you live for power! Some live for justice! Some live for knowledge, and yet others still live for vengeance! If you abandon each other, you shall die! If your alliance fails, you all will die! If you fail to realize what you need to do, you will die! Now retreat before I make you all suffer for your arrogance!"

Alrahm shivered as Avaerus spoke. It was clear that this being was of higher power than even the princesses.

Alrahm:

"Lorec! Syuren! We must flee! We have to get through canterlot and make it to the trains with the civillians! Now, hurry!!"

Alrahm's horn began to glow. The water in his flasks that he kept on his belt popped off the tops off and started to float mid air around him. The rain was getting stronger. This would be to alrahm's advantage, as it would give him more easily acquired and almost limitless ammunition for his magical talents. His eyes started glowing a dark silver, and the water around him seperated into thousands of tiny droplets, and froze instantly. All of them were sharp. He gathered more rain water, ensnaring it within his magic. It consolidated into one large, floating, formless body of water. Alrahm stepped into it, and it looked as though he was on a floating platform of water. This was how he traveled fast when he needed to.

Lorec let his broken arm dangle and sheathed his greatsword. He turned to syuren, and kneeled to make eye contact. The boy was in shock. He smacked syuren with his good arm.

________

Lorec:

" snap out of it, ren! We need to leave! Your father is probably still in the ticket booth, hiding! We need to save him and the others! I need you to be strong!!!"

_________

Syuren snapped out of his daze and confusion, and wiped away the tears.

Syuren:

" I..... Okay!!! Lets go, man! I gotta save my pops! Okay, fight through canterlot, get to the trains, save everyone, ponyville, then what?!? Sit on our happy asses while we wait for that town to burn, too?!?"

Alrahm spoke.

" no. After that, we go somewhere safe. Somewhere into the everfree. I know the perfect location to set up a base and refugee camp. After that, we plan from there!"

______

@magos ampharose

Alrahm looked at shelevan. She was holding vorrin's chain sickle. It was apparent of the events of which had transpired.

Alrahm:

" mi'lady.... You have horse shoes to fill that are quite large. But I have a feeling that you are up for the task."

Alrahm then looked at agririon, and spoke as he'd been keeping the mind bent away from them. The mind bent were slow. Essentially, like undead, almost. But they were numerous.

" aspect of death! Come with us! You can't save them all! You carry with you, something very important to my strategies!"

_________

With the numerous ice shards floating around him, and the water platform carrying him, he started exiting through the tunnel of which many had entered. Lorec and syuren followed not too far behind, helping to lead the civillians to safety. Alrahm prayed that orithamus would be quick.

• Brohoof 1

2l7vqa.jpg

@@@Samurai Equine, @,

Roto, Havoc and Mason stayed in the rear of the crowd, none of them were emotionally invested in their task, but they did their job successfully none the less. Everyone willing and able was redirected out of the stadium, the panicking crowd began to calm with the aid of the organized effort and the bizarre realization that the killing had abruptly stopped.

The three followed behind them in the tunnel with Snowstorm still left behind.