Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spoiler Tags and Video Embedding

Norako

I think that the title pretty much sums up what my suggestion is here. But in case it isn't lemme elaborate:

Spoiler Tags
One thing I think would not only help users make posts "shorter" for those who want to skim but would also enable others to compress longer strands of content would be to include spoiler tag functionality in the site. Plenty of other forums use this already. Partially for the eponymous reason, but also for threads with lots of images in them (putting them in spoiler tags can prevent people with slower connections from lagging out with all the images).[/b]

Video Embedding
I think it might be advantageous for the site to enable the video-embedding feature for message board discussions for several reasons. One is that I think that since this is a brony (and pegasister) forum that allow us to share videos on here might make talking about the show not only more fun (forum responses) but also easier to exemplify (posting clips from the show to reference things potentially). Another is that lots of other sites already allow this, and enabling this feature here might make this forum a bit more competitive against others. Meaning, if users have more options to play with when posting, it means they have more freedom to work with, which may easily be appealing to potential users.

Edited by Altrunchen

I think that the title pretty much sums up what my suggestion is here. But in case it isn't lemme elaborate:

Spoiler Tags

One thing I think would not only help users make posts "shorter" for those who want to skim but would also enable others to compress longer strands of content would be to include spoiler tag functionality in the site. Plenty of other forums use this already. Partially for the eponymous reason, but also for threads with lots of images in them (putting them in spoiler tags can prevent people with slower connections from lagging out with all the images).[/b]

Video Embedding

I think it might be advantageous for the site to enable the video-embedding feature for message board discussions for several reasons. One is that I think that since this is a brony (and pegasister) forum that allow us to share videos on here might make talking about the show not only more fun (forum responses) but also easier to exemplify (posting clips from the show to reference things potentially). Another is that lots of other sites already allow this, and enabling this feature here might make this forum a bit more competitive against others. Meaning, if users have more options to play with when posting, it means they have more freedom to work with, which may easily be appealing to potential users.

Hey altrunchen, both spoiler tags and video embed are functions within the post editor.

YouTube shared links just need the shared URL

Spoiler tag is found in both the bbCode tool or by manually typing it like [ spoiler] wall of text [ spoiler]

Eliminate the spaces and it looks like this

I'm prolly gonna get ninjad but I don't care

Video

Hey altrunchen, both spoiler tags and video embed are functions within the post editor.

YouTube shared links just need the shared URL

Spoiler tag is found in both the bbCode tool or by manually typing it like [ spoiler] wall of text [ spoiler]

Eliminate the spaces and it looks like this

I'm prolly gonna get ninjad but I don't care

Video

Wait...so if they are already functional then where exactly on the post editor are they? Let me post a screencap or two:

post-29453-0-30692900-1410128498_thumb.png

post-29453-0-89232000-1410128506_thumb.png

Edited by Altrunchen
  • Brohoof 1