Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did anybrony else find anything wrong with "Swarm of the Century"?

ManaMinori

re-watching it, I happen to notice a few inconsistencies throughout the episode. Like when Fluttershy says that she found the strange creature/ parasprite near the edge of the Everfree Forest....and halfway into the episode, ponies are still asking where they came from, when Fluttershy pretty much confirmed that they came from the Everfree Forest. Twilight even suggests her friends consult Fluttershy, later on, just because she's the animal expert, when Fluttershy- when asked by Twilight earlier replies to her question "What are they?" with "I don't know", early on. Was she just choosing not to hear a word Flutters said?

And when Pinkie is eating Mr and Mrs. Cake's buffet for the princess....did anyone notice how Pinkie said that the desserts were fit for a King or Queen, before saying that they'd even be fit for a princess? So this confirms that King and Queens are supposed to be good....right ? Else if the buffet was meant for Celestia- a princess, then Pinkie's implying that the food is of poor quality ( since kings and queens which are typically depicted as evil characters are supposed to be 'deserving' of bad treatment and 'punishment' ), and that Celestia as well, even though she's a princess, she states the food fitting for her as well, should be getting the same?

open for discussion. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts

• Brohoof 2

I don't know man, I don't really read into stuff this much. Although I did notice that non of then knew anything about the parisprites when Fluttershy already knew about them. I guess it made for a more interesting plot, but they could of just said that fluttershy knew nothing about it and the story could of stayed that same.

In my opinion if you look into something this deep will always find inconsistency's with any movie of TV show (ever seen cinema sins?) and MLP is not excluded from this fact. Now this does not make these shows bad, don't get me wrong there.     

• Brohoof 1

Never noticed that. I'm not really a fan of this episode so I've only seen it once. The biggest and most obvious problem is the obvious resolution with Pinkie knowing how to get rid of them that even the show's target audience was painfully aware was coming.

I just simply didn't like it. Fluttershy is my favorite Mane 6 pony, but she has some REALLY crappy episodes where it seems like she's had no character development whatsoever.

I agree with your first statement, but I think you looked into Pinkie's "fit for a king/queen" line a little too much. She was just seeing if the food is good, nothing else. :P

This episode is a rather flawed episode, but I still enjoy it for its strengths.

The statement Pinkie made when eating the sweets was to cover up for the fact she was eating the foods. It's in reference to royal food tasters who would see if the food was suitable for the royalty by tasting it. If the food was poisoned the taster would be the one to die. Pinkie was using that as an excuse for eating everything in sight.

As for this particular show, I'm at a loss on how Pinkie knew about the parasprites, as even Princess Celestia didn't know about them.

The statement Pinkie made when eating the sweets was to cover up for the fact she was eating the foods. It's in reference to royal food tasters who would see if the food was suitable for the royalty by tasting it. If the food was poisoned the taster would be the one to die. Pinkie was using that as an excuse for eating everything in sight.

As for this particular show, I'm at a loss on how Pinkie knew about the parasprites, as even Princess Celestia didn't know about them.

it's a safe bet that Pinkie knew about the parasprites because they had been to her rock far, when she was a filly. Notice how they eat everything in sight, and in one of the episodes that showed the rock farm and how Pinkie got her cutie mark while she was sith her family, the big silo on the farm- which is supposed to have been holding food- is empty- and Pinkie turned the emplty= likely Parasprite-raided silo silo into a party room.

• Brohoof 1