Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's add another hello to the pile!

Jouva

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

rainbow-dash

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Rainbow Dash

How did you find MLP Forums?: Twitter (@Featherprop)

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Saw a bunch of art being posted everywhere and resisted, until I realized I shouldn't dislike things from apparent popularity and when close friends I trusted mentioned they liked the show

Oh gosh this is really long so tl;dr: I'm not new to MLP:FiM but nobody knows me in the pony community but I want to change that.

Hey folks! I still feel "new" to this whole thing because I hardly engage with the community as much as I'd like. I've been watching since around middle of Season 2 and really enjoy the energy and uniqueness that the brony community has. I'm not a stranger to subcultures such as this as I've been part of the furry community since about 2001 where I joined chat back in April of that year and dove head first into a convention by July.

I've literally lost count as to how many conventions I've been to in total. I want to say around 40 with some years having 5 or 6 and some having 1 or 2. So I'm quite the social person and love going to events and seeing fun and awesome people and partaking in games and sometimes buying swag.

However the brony community I still haven't reached out to. My time for talking has been cut down lately. And in the MLP world, I don't know as many folks. Many of you are friendly, but I haven't yet found my "spot" in there. I could go to a furry convention and be just about anywhere and spot somebody I know. But put me in a brony convention and I might spot one or two folks in a whole day that I know. I don't seem to have folks to talk to as much that aren't already furries I know. So that's why I'm here! (Well that and I'd like to eventually post on the rest of the forums about Nightmare Nights, but that comes later!)

So I'm a 34 year old (what?! you're old!) from the Philly region who is a programmer by day and furry by night who is also striving to find the pegasus inside of him. I still feel somewhat lost without an OC, but I'm somewhat bad at character design. I certainly feel like a blank flank around here, especially since I any sort of "talent" I'd want to say I have doesn't feel like it's a fit for the pony universe proper. Don't get me wrong I'll still talk about them! But electronic related cutie marks just feel out of place to me, yet that's most of what my talents rely on.

Anyway I'm going to post this here in hopes that some folks will say hi.

• Brohoof 2

You bet man, AWESOME greeting post by the way, well done!

Anyway, this is a great first step is starting to interact with community, you'll find all kinds here, from Programmers (like you), to artists, and even some black smiths! :lol:

Anyway man, glad that you found the place and WELCOME! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

from the Philly region

Would it happen to be the West Philadelphia region?

I've always wanted to use that in a greeting...

Anyway, s'always good to see new faces around here. Try not to get in too much trouble, but more importantly have fun.
  • Brohoof 1

You bet man, AWESOME greeting post by the way, well done!

Anyway, this is a great first step is starting to interact with community, you'll find all kinds here, from Programmers (like you), to artists, and even some black smiths! :lol:

Anyway man, glad that you found the place and WELCOME! :yay:

Yeah I always seemed to have a knack for lots of writing. Yet I'm not a writer. I just don't have good descriptions or character ideas or story ideas or the like I guess.

Would it happen to be the West Philadelphia region?

Sadly no. West OF Philadelpha, yes! But no, not born in raised in West Philadelphia. Though the playground WAS where I spent most of my days.

• Brohoof 1

One of the best greetings post I have seem, be heartily welcome to the Herd!

I'm really interested in how social you are, and in how your favorite pony happens to be Rainbow 20%Cooler Dash, she's freaking amazing, and therefore, I'll leave this tearjerker here

Wait... that is too sad for a welcome

MUCH BETTER