Equal Sign Cutie Marks = What?

PonyFunk

I think that it means everypony in that town is equal to the others.  Perhaps their true cutie marks have been taken somehow.  I'm sure it'll all be explained in due time :D

That's exactly what I was thinking! Perhaps the villain is the mayor of a town, or so they THINK. And she wants a perfect community where everyone has equal rights and talents, perhaps because she was bullied or something? And due to she is a unicorn (taking the picture from a topic) the most reasonable reason would be she is likeable to Sombra, that she is using dark magic.

post-29246-0-28737900-1430092608.png

Communism. The new villain is like the opposite of Discord, so organized that she robs the world of flavor, fun, and individuality. I think it's going to be GREAT, and as none of the 2 parters are BAD per say, I'm fairly convinced it's going to be my favorite 2 parter. I might be proven wrong, but it just sounds like an absolutely fantastic concept that cannot go wrong, and the trailer made me completely hyped. So hyped that I was jumping up and down my bedroom.

Edited by Arctofire

It's funny in hindsight seeing all the speculation that went on in October being disproven by the trailer that, in fact, makes these equals signs official.

What speculation was there? The cute marks were there in the animatic...

In my mind, it is undoubtedly a representation of equality and political correctness taken to the extreme. No-one excels at anything more than anyone else. No-one is above or below anyone else. Everyone is equal, but nobody has anything that makes them special or unique. It makes the point that nobody can stand out in a truly equal society, and that is why true equality can never, and should never, exist. Differences must be worked through instead of being destroyed.

post-8308-0-44185900-1396916628.png

...And Rarity is best Equestria Girl <3

Rumor has it that the premiere will have the girls going to a town where everypony is equal, and nopony has a special talent. Maybe that's what's going on?

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

--Einstein on Video Games,2014

Rumor has it that the premiere will have the girls going to a town where everypony is equal, and nopony has a special talent. Maybe that's what's going on?

I wouldn't actually call it a rumor, since it's pretty much confirmed by the Trailers.

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

I wouldn't actually call it a rumor, since it's pretty much confirmed by the Trailers.

I don't know if I've seen the official S5 trailer confirming it. Just the first teaser.

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

--Einstein on Video Games,2014

I don't know if I've seen the official S5 trailer confirming it. Just the first teaser.

There is also a second one. I also wouldn't say it's confirmed, but from everything that i have seen, it's pretty clear what's going on.

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

There is also a second one. I also wouldn't say it's confirmed, but from everything that i have seen, it's pretty clear what's going on.

We also know that

Dash gets her curie mark replaced with the = and loses her speed as a result

so it really is all but totally confirmed.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like this episode is trying to tell younger audiences to be themselves and show the faults of communism to older audiences. Where everything is equal and people share the same social status seems like a communist idea. :/