private The Dark Stars : Fallout New Vegas

FancyHorse

@

"Woah there partner. Step at a time. Still gotta finish up the-"

The intercom sounds on,

"All new recruits report to center terminal for finalization. Repeat all contractor recruits report to center terminal." A voice speaks.

"Well you better get to it." Kris says to him

Do stick around Darling, I could use the company~

I walked out to the terminal and stood next a ghoul. Hope they're careful with my guns. I thought. "So what kinda training are we gonna be doing?" I asked Lt. Boyd. "And when's it gonna start?" Hope they won't steal that gun I thought. Hopefully they'll give it back to me when we deploy.

@

"You'll get informed about your training tomorrow, this is just an intro day." She replies

@

@

The intercom come activates,

"All contractor recruits please report to the main terminal for finalization. Repeat all recruit contractors report to central terminal for final processing"

Connor nods and gives a quick salute to Kris before he starts jogging towards the center terminal.

"See you later Commander, try not to die without me yeah"

Connor jogs all the way to the center terminal and arrives very quickly, he looks around, trying to figure out what's next.

@

Connor approaches into line awaiting his turn. After the line decreases he approaches to an African American woman, like the rest of the mercenaries she adorns black combat armor.

But like the commander at first she wears a black beret upon her head.

She must be high ranked officer.

She looks up to Connor.

"Good day. Just state your full name please." She says kindly adjusting her glasses

Connor looks at the women and gives a quick Salute.

"Connor Corrigan, you need my Rank and Security ID Number as well ma'am?"

Connor stands straight with his hands behind his back and he smiles gently.

"That was joke ma'am"

Connor stands there waiting for her reply.

@

She begins rummaging about looking through the plethora of identify files.

"Mr. ... Connigan." She whispers opening the yellow tint file and placing a stamp onto the approval box below the information sheet.

"You're good to go. Turn this in to the armory and they'll get you set up." She says smiling handing him then file

Connor Grins and takes the file.

"Thanks Ma'am, you've been a great help"

Connor Gives a Friendly Salute and turns to leave but stops, looking back at the women.

"Hey Ma'am, could I get your name, seeing how I gave you mine, its only fair right"

He says smiling gently.

@

She looks back up to him,

"Oh well my name tag should- oh." She looks to her breastplate, her name tag absent from its spot.

"Op. Forgetful me. Anyway, everyone just calls Red. I'm the chief medical officer." She responds, "Nice to meet you Connor." She greets with her warm smile.

(Taking a wild shot in the dark here, but is that the same Red from Big town, back in the capital?)

Connor smiles and leans on the table.

"Its a pleasure chief medical officer Red, hopefully we'll have a chance to talk sometime in the near future, but I need to go now, got a wasteland to protect"

He starts to walk away, smiling.

"Stay beautiful Red!"

He calls out to her as he leaves the center terminal heading for the Armoury.

@

Red slightly blushes but smiles anyway.

Back in the armory a small line has formed. One by one each is assigned to their role, starting weapon, and is given a choice of armor.

Connor approaches to the desk, a short T45d power armored Asian man awaits. He has a broad chin and a narrow expression but displays a sense of pride.

"I'm Arms Master Shorty. Skip the cheesy short jokes and let me see your file please." He says looking up at Connor.

Connor rolls his eyes and hands the File over.

"Here you go Sir, and I don't think your short, its just that everyone else is so tall right, besides, I'm not gonna start a fight with someone in power armor, I'm not an idiot"

He stands there, arms behind his back waiting for his gear.

@

"Okay okay... Boss told you were coming. So I did a little picketing. " he steps back and rummages through the crates and lockers. He returns with a what seems like an AE14 Model laser rifle.

With his energy weapon knowledge [skill of 75] unlike the common model, this one Connor can tell has a phase enhance at the muzzle meaning it's got more power.

And unlike normal laser, this one can penetrate armor rather then simply scorching it. And has a nice blue paint.

"It's not like your Enclave weaponry but I know it'll serve you better then that cheaper variant." Shorty says.

Connor takes the Laser Rifle, looking quite Surprised, he starts looking it over, eyes sparkling a little.

"Sir, you have just made my day, I was getting worried I was going to have use a gun that shoots lead, but... This baby right here, I'm gonna call you Purity, yeah"

Connor shakes his head a little and stops fondling the Rifle like a nut job.

"What else you got for me Sir"

@[/b]

Shorty chuckles at his miniature episode of praising the weapon.

"Standard sidearm however does have lead." He says having him a black polished 10mm pistol. It's condition seeming near flawless with the occasional scratch on it, but superior to those 9mm crap sidearms of the troopers.

"And I'll skip the next question, you'll be wanting a suit of power armor. Acquisitioners with the NCR Quartermasters are bitch faces so you'll have to use our standard issue until they approve your armor into our catalog." He says

Connor takes the 10mm Pistol and gives it a look over, give the slide a pull back and also checking the sights.

"Heh, we used to train with these back at base, when were still young, still gets the job done right, besides, wouldn't want to scare the locals with a plasma Defender, what's your standard issue armor, better not be leather, I'd rather fight in my Officers Uniform, do you guys have that in storage as well?"

@

"I'm gonna assume you have eyes and see I'm looking like a, walking tank. Just messing with you. Like I said we've got a supply of t45d power armor. Now usually we'd have to give additional training for it. But you've already got the skill so you're good to go." He says to him.

Connor Smiles and sticks his Pistol in his side pocket.

"Its a bit outdated but its better than most crap out there, sure I'll take it, but can you check for my uniform back there, I don't want to wear this blood soaked outfit whenever I'm back at base, I'd appreciate it Sir.

@

"I'll take a look around.." He says, returning to his search

He returns bringing back a simple outfit (merc grunt outfit)

"Couldn't find it in. But these can substitute." He says handing him the outfit. He gestures him forward to a locker.

"Let's get you armored up."

Connor takes the Grunt outfit, looking a little pissed that his uniform was missing.

"That's a shame, my Uniform holds a air of Power and Dignity, I guess this will do for now"

Connor walks towards the locker and goes to open the locker, setting his outfit to the side.

@

Opening up he takes out the armor pieces individually. With them all layed about he begins equipping them onto Connors body.

"If the internal air conditioner doesn't work you let me know okay?" Shorty asks connecting first the leggings.

Unfortunately this armor doesn't seem to have a helmet.

Connor stands there, waiting as shorty starts to put his armor on his legs for him.

"I'll be sure to let you know if there is any problems, hey, where's the helmet"

Connor takes the wrist guards and attaches them, waiting for Shorty to finish with the leg plating.

@

Shorty looks about for it.

"One moment." He says. Returning to the crates he rummages about to the crates.

He returns holding a black painted combat helmet.

"Not a power helmet I know but it'll keep ya cranium safe." He says

He helps secure the paldrouns on Connors shoulders. He turns to the hydraulic tanks on his armor.

"gonna activate the hyrda couplets. Tell me when you feel the pressure." He, says beginning to activate them via valve

Connor takes the helmet and puts it on, clipping the chin strap in he shakes his head a little and waits for the pressure to kick in.

'When we're done here do you think you find me some shades, or a pair of goggles?"

He feels the pressure start to hit him and tenses.

"There you go, right there"

@

Shorty loosens the pressure valves.

Connor gains 2 plus strength points but losses 2 agility points.

"You can have this pair." He says from his desk he hands him a pair of sunglasses.

"Alright then. Testing air conditioner." He says flipping another small switch on the back. A cool jet of air begins flowing throughout the suit, relieving him of the dry air inside.

"Alright you're good to go."