Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stallion Sketch

EssieHiddles

Neat, it really have some attitude in it. Me likes.  B) 

And aslo as @@SpaceOnion said looking at picture of show, is good way to go about learning more. And also looking on what some other artis have made also good source of knowledge.

And also keeping few thing in mind while drawing like how tall a charecther is by counting how any head they are of the head they have. That old trick that many artis use to get perportions right. But for complex poses some time's just have to wing it. And go with what you feel it looks like.

• Brohoof 1

I tried drawing a stallion, this is new to me also. I shall name him Talon Flame. What do you think? I am going to change his cutiemark also (so ignore that)

attachicon.gifTalon Flame.jpeg

VSEbojq.jpg

Well, Here's few tips, Sketch the pony in basic shapes before you do any finished product!

Get plain drawing paper, stripes, lines and boxes make your arting only more difficult!

Why is the pony looking away from the mic? Does it smell bad? Maybe previous artist ate garlic bread.

You drew entire pony this time! Well done! 

Make the tail bigger, do not cross out of your "ground" level when bringing things like tails down, it makes them look like they are sinking to 4th dimension. And as cosy as it is in there it is no place for a pony, tail, or a ponytail.

Make hooves a little fatter, you are not drawing the flying spaghetti monster spawns here! Unless you are and I am horribly mistaken of the subject.

Try to draw really light lines when sketching and then increase pressure only to a degree, you seem to be pressing your pen too hard, this makes your lines seem a bit stiff. Gentle touch! caress the paper! Make the paper purr. Imagine you are drawing on a kitten.

Want darker lines, use darker pencil!

If you have cookies in the house, correct that crime by eating them.

• Brohoof 2

The body seems a bit... Disproportionate to the muzzle. Remember, stallions are larger than mares, typically.

Your face is larger than mare!

Stallions, well, sometimes. Then we have those little ones like Bulk Biceps.

Oh yeah, I forgot the POINT in this grand lesson! You can't apply average standard to a singular event. Maybe we just have a little stallion here.

Edited by Sheogorath