Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Private-New Ground

arkman575

OOC : http://mlpforums.com/topic/116146-new-grounds/

Germaney

Home of Rosalina

The wolven diplomat, clad in grey military uniform, trotted towards the house he had been told to go to. Seth Eclipse was a grey alpha male wolf. He had a scar over his right eye, and a few small ones across his body under his fur. Only the eye scar was noticeable though. He carried a single knife, strapped to his left arm. However, his face was not that of a warier. He held a warm smile, rather than one of discipline. 

Walking up to the door, he gave a light knock and waiting for a response. Before the mare would arrive, the wolf took out the letter he had mailed out to other members of the future voyage. He had been assigned to gather the team, and report to the captain to tell her of the mission. Looking to the letter, he read it to himself.

___

To:     @Wolf Smith

Greetings. I wish to inform you that you have been chosen to be part of a grand exploration team, created by the royal sisters. They have selected you for your traits and your skills. Each of you will be assigned an officer's position aboard the ship and oversee the mission. 

I understand that this may be short notice, but the decision was made and the timing is key. We have a ship already prepared in Canterlot, waiting for it's crew. I would suggest that you get your life sorted out before departing. It will be some time until we return. Our destination is in the northern lands beyond the western ocean. The reason for our going there will be explained when you arrive, if  you accept. Just know, the princesses chose you by name. That should mean something to you. That, and the large paycheck.

If you want to join, be at the Canterlot Military airdocks at 10:00 in one week.

Seth Eclipse: Second in command

----

Reading the letter, the wolf smiled. He wasn't the best writer, but it short and to the point.

Edited by arkman575

At Equestrian Strategies Headquarters : Manehattan.

When the headquarters had petitioned for any sign ups, 7 answered the call. Ahaban Steelwings was ready to taste adventure and the squad quickly mobilized to be prepared for the journey.

---

Leather armor, crossbow and bolts andsharpened blades; the ponies had arrived 10 minutes early at the air docks, the dirigibles floating about catching the attention of the contractors.

" إبقاء العين. أبحث عن هذا المنفذ معين. " Ahaban spoke in his native language as the group heads toward the designated dock port.

Germaney: Rosalina's home

@@arkman575,

It was early morning and Rosalina Waves was sleeping soundly in her little makeshift home set right alongside lake Flankfurt, Germaney's largest and most recognizable lake. She was a blue mare with blonde hair style into a french braid in the back. Her home resembled a hut and the interior was of a simple design, just as the simplistic mare preferred. Overall, Rosalina was a lover of simplicity and minimalism. As the sunlight began to peer through the small openings within her home, the mare slowly lifted her eyelids and let out a gentle yawn as she woke up. She was looking forward to yet another relaxing day, in which she would do her daily meditation and meet up in the afternoon with her other marefriends. At least ... that's what she thought. 

The mare was startled slightly upon hearing a sudden knock on the door. Immediately she went from being surprised to being confused. She suspected that it could be her friends, but the odd thing was that their plans to hangout were scheduled for the afternoon, not 6 in the morning. Rosalina began to make her way towards the door.

That's weird. I doubt my friends would visit me this early in the morning. It's not like them to do so. And they are the only ones who know about my location here ... or so I thought. 

As she opened the door, her eyes widened and her ears perked up as she saw ... what appeared to be a large dog in grey military uniform. Apparently Equestria had a great variety of sentient species, not just deers and ponies.

"Uh ... hi-hi there ... how did you find me? Umm... and what are you exactly? Please forgive me but I don't recognize your kind." 

Oddly enough, Rosalina was more curious and intrigued to know about the visitor's species rather than his reason for being there in that moment.

@@Dsanders

The wolf gave a smile, bowing to the mare. He then handed her the letter before saluting. "Hello there. My name's Seth. Im with the Equestrian diplomatics unit. Also, Im a wolf. Long story short, you're my CO. I would like you to join an exploration of a lifetime." He said, smiling. However, in his mine, the wolf was thinking. Why was this mare so young? 20 at best. 17 at worst. Why had they called her to be the captain of the airship and the mission?

As he thought, he then decided to get an answer. "Um... If I may ask a question. How old are you?"

A wolf! How interesting. I've only heard some legends about them. I didn't know that they actually existed ...

She gave a genuine smile as she saw the wolf bowed to her. For a brief moment it brought back some memories of her childhood and her time before coming to Equestria. The wolf seemed kind enough to trust for the mare.

She was once again surprised upon hearing his response.

"Y-your CO? Wow ... I'm not sure what to say exactly but I would be greatly honored to go on this trip with you. I just ... I just have so many questions now." Rosalina replied as many thoughts were racing through her mind. She was great intrigued but at the same time, this is happening so sudden. She hoped that this opportunity would be worth taking. She immediately turned her eyes towards his as he asked for her age. "I'm 18 years old. And you?"

Edited by Dsanders

*snoring* "HEY SPARKLE GET UP! THERE'S A LETTER FOR YOU!"*a tan unicorn walked into sparkle's room and yelled in his ear*" WAKE UP!"sparkle fell out of bed and woke up"

"OK fine sis I'm going" sparkle trotted downstairs and read the letter"cool bye sis I'm off on an adventure to the north"sparkle ran outside towards the military docks the letter falls to the ground and reads meet at 10:00 am next week

Edited by Sparkle Sword

Everfree: 8 o'clock

Night Wolfe was sitting in his home as a loud knock came at his door. He wondered who it could be and got up to check it. He opened it to find the crazy eyed mare. She handed him and letter and flew off.

"Crazy mare." He looked over his letter to find it was from the two sisters. "Hmmm? What do they planned."

He slowly opened the letter and pulled out the notice. He read over not once, but five times.

"They want me on this trip? Well time to sharpen Night Fang." The young alicorn closed the door and went back to get supplies.

Edited by Wolf Smith

A wolf! How interesting. I've only heard some legends about them. I didn't know that they actually existed ...

She gave a genuine smile as she saw the wolf bowed to her. For a brief moment it brought back some memories of her childhood and her time before coming to Equestria. The wolf seemed kind enough to trust for the mare.

She was once again surprised upon hearing his response.

"Y-your CO? Wow ... I'm not sure what to say exactly but I would be greatly honored to go on this trip with you. I just ... I just have so many questions now." Rosalina replied as many thoughts were racing through her mind. She was great intrigued but at the same time, this is happening so sudden. She hoped that this opportunity would be worth taking. She immediately turned her eyes towards his as he asked for her age. "I'm 18 years old. And you?"

The wolf looked to the mare, hiding his new-found anoyance. His captain was a teenager. He had been ranked second in command of the mission, but he had to fallow under a kid. To him, it was a dishonor, but he still would fallow. "27 as of last month." He replied. "The letter will explain a bit more of why I'm here, but basically we are heard of an exploration to the north east. If you accept, report to the military docks in Canterlot and see your new blimp. Good luck, and it's an honor to surge under you." The wolf said before bowing again, then departed.

---

When the day came to ready the ship, the wolf stood before the mighty airship. Apparently, one of the officers had arrived early. The security officer and his team. He would wait for the rest of he crew to arrive before giving the introduction speech.

Edited by arkman575

The wolf looked to the mare, hiding his new-found anoyance. His captain was a teenager. He had been ranked second in command of the mission, but he had to fallow under a kid. To him, it was a dishonor, but he still would fallow. "27 as of last month." He replied. "The letter will explain a bit more of why I'm here, but basically we are heard of an exploration to the north east. If you accept, report to the military docks in Canterlot and see your new blimp. Good luck, and it's an honor to surge under you." The wolf said before bowing again, then departed.

---

When the day came to ready the ship, the wolf stood before the mighty airship. Apparently, one of the officers had arrived early. The security officer and his team. He would wait for the rest of he crew to arrive before giving the introduction speech.

Night flew in with a bag on his back and a sword at his side. He was glad to get out of the forest and see new places...even if it was Celestia’s orders. He landed beside the young looking wold and smiled.

"I'm guessing you're Seth, am I right?" The alicorn smiled, showing his two pointy fangs.

"Name's Night Wolfe, nice to meet you."

"Oh no im late can't this train go any faster" *sparkle flung open the window and stuck his head out*"if I don't get there soon they'll leave without me and I can't do that"* sparkle jumped out of the train and flew toward the docks he landed on a nereby cart "oof sorry I'm late every pony and wolf. this what were flying? Oh she's butiful *sparkle turned to Ahabahan* nice to mecha in sparkle sword! Oh did I land on some supplies back there sorry"*sparkle suddenly noticed something*dang it I left my stuff on the train"

Edited by Sparkle Sword

@

" التحقق من وجود الضرر. " Ahaban speaks to Nasir, a tan pegasus who nods and trots about to the carts holding their supplies.

"Be careful were you fly." He states to Sparkle, his tone simple and calm.

" ولم يصب أي شيء ! " Nasir calls out to his commander.

"Nothing has been damaged, no need to apologize." Ahaban reassures him.

Edited by IllusivePony

As the wolf departed, Rosalina was left with a blank expression on her face. It was clear that this will take a long while before she can fully understand all this sudden news. She decided to immediately gallop to her friends' homes to explain to them what was going on. Her friends were just as surprised as she was when she explained. When she told that she felt that this would a perfect opportunity to follow her destiny, her friends went from being surprised to sad knowing that their beloved friend would be gone for who knows how long. However, they understood their friend's wishes and they all shared a heartfelt farewell.

And with that finally over, Rosalina followed the directions that were written on the back of the letter and headed towards the docks.

Sweet Celestia, I can't believe that I'm getting my very own blimp! *squee*

The more her excitement grew, the faster her pace grew as well.

((OOC: I'll let Seth have time to talk with the rest of the crew now. Rosalina will come shortly after his next post.))

(Have things during the day, post at night)

Walking up to the meeting point that the letter told him to go to, Stronghammer sees his.crew mates. "At least I am not the only one here who isn't a pony. Might have been awkward." Leaning against the wall, he surveys the others.

Pink Mist slowly let the letter she had been reading drop to the floor. She honestly felt like fainting after such a surprise that she thought she would never receive. She kept thinking it was some kind of joke but deep down she knew this was a grand opportunity for her.

OH...MY...GOSH!!!!! The princesses chose me! Oh my gosh!!! But how did they even find out about me? How did they get my address?...It doesn't matter! This is a great adventure waiting for you Mist and you're not gonna let it slide away from you.

The mare quickly packed the things she would need for the long trip and looked lovingly at the picture of her parents she had upon her drawer before heading out. She went to the train station and got on the train that would take her to her destination.

As she arrived she looked around at the other ponies present and let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness I'm not alone at the moment and can have some company. And at least this sort of proves that this isn't some kind of cruel joke...unless we were all fooled.

• Brohoof 1

"'Scuse me "*sparkle ran past a mare with his cart rattling behind him before slowing to a stop*" sorry about that "sparkle turned around to see who he nearly squished.The name's Sparkle Sword like I said to the other guy nice to mecha!"*Sparkle sticks out his hoof " and who are you?"

The wolf smiled to the ponies that had arrives, giving a special nod to the bipedal bull. Clearing his throat, he looked to the members of the team and then stood at attention. "Well, here we are. Selected by the princesses to do something that hasn't been done. Well, now you will know. We are going to be colonists for a new piece of land discovered north east of Equestria. We will be taking this blimp as our mode of transport. 

"You might be asking yourselves 'why us? Why not some trained professionals?' Well, they did. We haven't head back. That is because the land as electro-magical properties. So instead of sending a pure science team, we are taking to the sky with a team of gunners, strategists, and explorers. we will find the other team and do what needs to be done. 

"Now, any questions?" The wolf asked, looking to the team, expecting a lot. Also, where was the captain? She was late. He would need to catch up with her anyway, away from the crew. There was more she needed to know, that the crew didn't.

"Uhhh yes. I do have a question" Night looked up at the wolf."Why the hell would they send me....an alicorn prince on this journey?"

Night was really think Celestia wanted him dead. "And what is my role anyways. I know I can forge and uses spells, but the way you're making it, magic iS a no go"

@@arkman575

Ahaban acknowledged with a nod.

"Let's load the equipment. Move. تحريكه!" He commands his comrades. With wagons and carts in tow they begin readying toward the loading dock.

Cranes ,magic and grapples hosting up toward the inward storage, the dock loaders assisting with the stocking.

Ahaban and Nasir are chatting about to the side.

" حسنا لدينا ما يكفي؟ " Nasir asks, they speak in their native tongue.

" حتى لو أنها ليست أننا لا نملك الوقت لإضافة المزيد من الفائض. سنقوم إدارة." Ahaban responds his tone in a reassuring manner.

"Boop boop boop pony reversing boop boop " sparkle walked backwards with his cart filled with creates and barrels and started talking to a dock worker"so can you get this thing on bored?"

"Yes but what's inside?"

"1tonne of apples and 2gallons of cider "

"You do relise that's heavy don't you?"

"Yes yes I do relise that"

"Fine its on board"

"Thank you!"

"I am ready to go. My forge will be handled by some apprentices I have." Dropping a bag, it clang loudly, the armor pieces rattling. "I don't need to worry about magic, all I need is my hammer, chain and javelin. They're here so I shouldn't have any problems. Now, what exactly am I called here for? I don't think they were looking for a brute, they would have chosen some massive earth pony for that.!

After what seemed to be an entire hour of galloping, Rosalina found herself going through a thick fog. It was getting harder for her to follow the directions without being able to see what was ahead. Luckily, a shadowy silhouette began to peer through the fog as it was getting thinner and a little easier to see through. It was in the shape of an oval and it appeared to be getting larger and more detailed as Rosalina was getting closer to her destination. The fog eventually dissipated and she was able to see exactly what was ahead. It was a blimp... Her blimp.

Her excitement grew along with her speed as she saw the wolf along with some others — they seemed like they were also part of her crew. Rosalina absolutely couldn't wait to go on this adventure and see what awaited her out there.

She finally made it. She was panting a little and gave a genuine smile at all her crew mates.

"My-My name is Rosalina Waves and it is a great honor to be a part of this expedition that we are about to embark on!"

She then turned to the wolf, still catching her breath.

"Are we ready to take of-off yet?"

The security crew along with their loading teams make their way into the interior cabin.

In the security offices, weapons are unloaded stored into the lockers such.

Gathered around near the office table the grunts and operators loom over a layout map of the derigible.

"Cabin layout has a lower and upper floors. Here we be, at the main 1st level cabin. It's mainly composed of the offices, the bridge, dorms and lounges. 2ND level holds more along the mechanical sides, electrics, generators, kitchen. "

Ahaban points to the second map.

"the main interior has a lot of open space. Glider, Ballast and Nasir will handle about patrols upon the main interior. Makhi, you and Iron Will will hold on 2nd level. Abdullah will stay with me ion the 1st level." He explains the patrol patterns to his comrades, who nod in obedience.

Night left the wolf to find a room. He walked up and down the halls, before finding the cabins. One room was marked for him as he walk in and dropped his bags. He opened the bags and started to unpack.

"Sword shine, books, picture of father and mother." He set the picture slowly on the table, which showed Nightmare Moon and Discord. He laid his books on the desk and the shine in a dresser.

"Hope the others get on soon."

* Sparkle looked up at the digirable*"hmm it's a little big isn't it "*sparkle walked inside and looked around *" wow this is impressive "he then started walking around looking for his room When he arrived he placed his sword under his bed and brought out a small book*

(Hey can I do journal logs for each day? If I can this is the first)

Log 1

Today the whole crew arrived the digirable is the biggest blimp I've ever seen hopefully we set off soon I really want too see the north eastern lands see you tomorrow log

*sparkle had an exciting day and even though he had just arrived fell straight asleep*