Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Princess Luna really dislike reading?

melody5697

I got The Journal of the Two Sisters for Christmas and I read the whole thing in just a few hours. On page 63 Princess Luna was talking like she really hates reading. This totally changes my entire perception of her. She was my favorite pony, but if she doesn't like reading she isn't my favorite anymore because I LOVE reading. Is it possible that she just dislikes research? It sounded like that could've been what she meant, and that would be fine. I hope I put this in the right place.

Edited by melody5697
  • Brohoof 3

Welp; didn't read it so I don't think I can say a lot.The thing is that Princess Luna is immortal and is at least 2000 years old, so no doubt that she can be very wise and yes, also, 1000 years in the moon doesn't help much-(Welp, I don't think there is a library on the moon) Maybe she , as a immortal creature, have- or at least she thinks to have-a great amount of knowledge, so maybe she just doesn't need to read books- specially research books that twilight adore so much.

And yes, not everyone read books ; I don't really think that book is the only source of knowledge we have, I still believe that truth wisdom lies in ourselves, and book is only one of the ways to reach dat knowledge. ( I am saying that despise being a bookworm, yeah, feel staying in the library for the whole day):P

Edited by Monsieur Noel
  • Brohoof 1

Welp; didn't read it so I don't think I can say a lot.The thing is that Princess Luna is immortal and is at least 2000 years old, so no doubt that she can be very wise and yes, also, 1000 years in the moon doesn't help much-(Welp, I don't think there is a library on the moon) Maybe she , as a immortal creature, have- or at least she thinks to have-a great amount of knowledge, so maybe she just doesn't need to read books- specially research books that twilight adore so much.

And yes, not everyone read books ; I don't really think that book is the only source of knowledge we have, I still believe that truth wisdom lies in ourselves, and book is only one of the ways to reach dat knowledge. ( I am saying that despise being a bookworm, yeah, feel staying in the library for the whole day) :P

Actually Princess Luna was only a filly. That and other things in the book make the thing about having a great amount of knowledge irrelevant. And I think you must've messed up really badly on that last sentence because I can't even understand it.

Umm....really? Thanks? hmm. -_-( I will edit my previous post then)

As I said, I didn't read it. so sorry, I can not say much.

Edited by Monsieur Noel

Actually Princess Luna was only a filly. That and other things in the book make the thing about having a great amount of knowledge irrelevant. And I think you must've messed up really badly on that last sentence because I can't even understand it.

I haven't read it, but if Princess Luna was only a filly, that's completely logical. Even I, someone who's finished Ice and Fire several times and have practically a library to my right didn't start reading books until I was 11, and I'm an exception. Most people really don't start reading until their teenage years or even adulthood. Don't think too much of it!

• Brohoof 1

Umm....really? Thanks? hmm. -_-( I will edit my previous post then)

As I said, I didn't read it. so sorry, I can not say much.

Did I sound rude? Sorry. I really had no idea what you were even saying...

I haven't read it, but if Princess Luna was only a filly, that's completely logical. Even I, someone who's finished Ice and Fire several times and have practically a library to my right didn't start reading books until I was 11, and I'm an exception. Most people really don't start reading until their teenage years or even adulthood. Don't think too much of it!

It's unusual for kids to read? But I've been staying up late reading since kindergarten!

• Brohoof 1

Not worry, it sounded more like a teacher :lol: . I mean yeah, I hope my English could improve. :P

It's unusual for kids to read? But I've been staying up late reading since kindergarten!

That's very like me!! :)

Though it isn't unusual for kids to love reading, it is also usual that they don't, or at least many of kids I have met, including even teenagers of 15 or 16 dislike-or at least have no interest on -reading.

Not that they aren't cool.

Edited by Monsieur Noel

Very unusual! My sister is 24 and STILL doesn't read, damn her. My cousin only started reading when he was 16, his 15-year-old brother still doesn't read, his 17-year-old sister doesn't read either, and every time I opened a book on recess I was given looks like I was a remarkable specimen.

• Brohoof 1

Very unusual! My sister is 24 and STILL doesn't read, damn her. My cousin only started reading when he was 16, his 15-year-old brother still doesn't read, his 17-year-old sister doesn't read either, and every time I opened a book on recess I was given looks like I was a remarkable specimen.

My dad said that disliking reading isn't something people grow out of usually.

My dad said that disliking reading isn't something people grow out of usually.

Many that I know did. Dislike and disinterest isn't usually the same; some people just never tried, or have only ever read work books etc. Many people discover the joy in reading later on. Of course, there are people that when it comes to entertainment don't have the patience for reading, and that's okay. Similar to how some don't have the patience for text-based roleplay, or others to writing.

• Brohoof 1

I got The Journal of the Two Sisters for Christmas and I read the whole thing in just a few hours. On page 63 Princess Luna was talking like she really hates reading. This totally changes my entire perception of her. She was my favorite pony, but if she doesn't like reading she isn't my favorite anymore because I LOVE reading. Is it possible that she just dislikes research? It sounded like that could've been what she meant, and that would be fine. I hope I put this in the right place.

The author was trying to make the character "relatable". A lot of people dislike reading.

It's like Celestia doing dumb nonsense in the comics. An attempt to make people like the character by feeling like they share a characteristic. Hoenstly... It makes no sense to me that Luna wouldn't like to read.

• Brohoof 1