The Comics and Why I Am Annoyed By Them

Arctofire

Okay, well hear me out on this guys.

I haven't read the comics as I simply cannot afford them and there will probably be complications as I live in the UK where you can't get ANYTHING legit and the comics don't seem to have been leaked at all. But I know most of the stories and I know that that they are mean't to continue the show, and they seem pretty good. You might be asking why I am frustrated by them, and the answer is: WHY WASN'T ALL OF THIS IN THE SEASONS. They covered and are planning to cover some HIGHLY anticipated moments of the show, and as they are suppose to be self contained it makes it difficult for it to be re done in the show without referencing it. The ones I'm referencing in particular are the one when Trixie returns and the upcoming Tirek one.

Another concern I have is that it creates vastly superior stories and tells stuff that should have been in the movie, I'm talking to you Equestria Girls. THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO NOT TRY! The comics brought a vastly superior version of the film, and its unfair that this wasn't the real thing and was instead only accessible to hardcore fans.

So this is why I'm angry, maybe we will never get to see Scorpan and him coming face to face with his brother, because guess what, they will do it in the comics, although I hope I am mistaken as he was teased in Twilight's Kingdom. Trixie returning is very unlikely now, and that's a real shame.

So yeah, that's why I'm upset.

Edited by Arctofire

I haven't read the comics as I simply cannot afford them and there will probably be complications as I live in the UK where you can't get ANYTHING legit and the comics don't seem to have been leaked at all. But I know most of the stories and I know that that they are mean't to continue the show, and they seem pretty good. You might be asking why I am frustrated by them, and the answer is: WHY WASN'T ALL OF THIS IN THE SEASONS. They covered and are planning to cover some HIGHLY anticipated moments of the show, and as they are suppose to be self contained it makes it difficult for it to be re done in the show without referencing it. The ones I'm referencing in particular are the one when Trixie returns and the upcoming Tirek one.

Another concern I have is that it creates vastly superior stories and tells stuff that should have been in the movie, I'm talking to you Equestria Girls. THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO NOT TRY! The comics brought a vastly superior version of the film, and its unfair that this wasn't the real thing and was instead only accessible to hardcore fans.

So this is why I'm angry, maybe we will never get to see Scorpan and him coming face to face with his brother, because guess what, they will do it in the comics, although I hope I am mistaken as he was teased in Twilight's Kingdom. Trixie returning is very unlikely now, and that's a real shame.

You mean in the upcoming new arc or a friends forever issue?

You know the reason why they do it? Squeeze more money out of us of course. Though I have gotten all of the comics (through not very legal ways....), the stories are still entertaining to read. It may be a money grab, but it is a well done money grab

img-27138-1-img-27138-1-6QzmiOj.jpg

Signature by me

Equestrian Empire Cast Characters:

Daring Do, Twilight Sparkle

Well, for a start you can get the comics in the UK very easily, being as I have all of them, plus most if the alternate covers. In fact, the comics cost £3, which is the same for all comics.

i think comics are purely optional and they just add a little bit of something between seasons they arent cheap granted but if you look on ebay they're there i managed to get mlp fim idw comics for a couple of pounds each

@@Arctofire, following consultation with my colleague @, I am locking this thread as we feel this is more suitable for a blog post. Please consider whether your topic can support a substantial conversation as a thread or whether it is more insular and thus more appropriate for a blog entry. Furthermore, as this refers mostly to the MLP comics, it would have been perhaps better suited for the 'Comics and Books' subsection in Sugarcube Corner. Please keep in mind the appropriate location for a thread before posting. Many thanks.