Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Presentable Liberty: A Tale of Five Ponies

Firehearted

OOC

A bloody war between Equestria and the Griffon Kingdom (The East-West Conflict) has just come to a close. No side is declared a winner as both end the conflict due to the lack enough of able bodied soldiers to fight.

The war has driven the world into debt with little to no money being left in the world's coffers. Out of the blue the Equestrian Government suddenly gains trillions of bits and pay back all their debts. From where the bits came from is unknown but is it really best to question it? Equestria now sits on a thrown of money with the world in debt to the mighty nation. It's good times for Equestria. 

This brings us to modern day.

You are a prisoner. One second you're enjoying your life the next you're being dragged away. They knock you out and throw you into a tiny cell. When you awaken you don't know where you are or how long you've been out. You know you have committed no crime but to your captors that is irrelevant. All you can do right now is wonder why you're here.

If one stood in the hallway the cells from right to left are as follows.

Strong Hooves, Lance FlowerShadow Dancer, PatchesVoid.

Cell 1                 Cell 2                 Cell 3              Cell 4    Cell 5

Void's cell only has two windows, one to the outside and one to Patches' cell. Same system goes for Strong Hooves, one window to the outside and one leading to Lance Flower's cell. The

Each cell is as follows.

One steel bed with a two inch mattress positioned in the back-left corner of the room which is bolted down, a toilet at the foot of the bed, and one round clock with a white face and black numbers, hands, and outside rim sit in your cell. Overall there is enough room to to stand next to the bed and take six steps forward until you hit the door. The cells are small enough if the prisoner in cell one was to talk just above a conversational tone the prisoner in cell 5 could hear clearly but they are large enough if one whispered to anther through their windows no one else would hear.

The door is hard, gray steel and won't move. Not even when you shake it does it clank against the door frame. The room is made of steel walls that are slightly darker than the door. There's no punching through them either. Any attempts to teleport out will fail due to a magical enchantment on the cells.

Finally just above your bed and to the left should you be facing the cells from the hallway there is what looks like a pneumatic tube with a simple steel plaque with a number with the first cell being "one" and the last being "five". There purpose these serve for the cells is unknown right now.

Good luck. You'll need it.

I sat alone on the bed in the corner of my tiny room. I was heading home to Canterlot and now I'm stuck in a prison cell. I was worried sick just sitting here. Why was I here? Did I do something? What's going on? Is Silver cast okay?! Whoe now Patches... Calm down... You've been in jams before and you can get through this one...

I had three windows in my cell each not large enough only to slip. One that brought light in from the outside and two more on the cell sides. Where did those other two windows lead? I jumped up and put my hooves on the wall giving me enough height to look into the cell to my right ((Void's)). Hey! I can see someone! I'm not alone!

@@Handsome Changeling

"Hey! Hey, you!" I called in.

Edited by Firehearted

As Patches was busy trying to get a hold of the pony next to his cell, the sound of hooves meeting the metal door sounded in a loud 'WHAM!'

"What is this about?!" demanded the pony that was doing the banging. His eyes were filled with anger and annoyance as he tried one more time to kick the door, to no avail. Even with the large pony's strength, the metal door stood unmoving. He gave an angered grunt as he sat down and took in his surroundings. The small cell space was already cramped, and the fact that he was larger than the average pony did not do anything to help him have any more space.

He had two windows, one leading to the outside while the other seemed to be connected to another cell. With his curiosity piqued, he made his way to the window and peered in, seeing that there was indeed another cell, with another pony (Lance Flower) inside it. A quick glance up and he saw that there seemed to be a whole line of windows, and he could have sworn he heard the voice of another earlier. 

"How many of us are here?" he called out with curious tentativeness. 

I was working on a project before being hauled away to this damn prison. I saw that one window had a view outside, while another two looked into two other cells with one occupant each. I would have to learn what was going on eventually but now I might as well take in my surroundings no matter how meager they may be it might help out later.

Void was in deep thought having an internal argument with himself as he stood staring at the metal door. 'Why would I be taken captive like that, I always keep to myself, I have no enemies... Urggh, am I being dumb?' He thought to himself as he heard from the window to his left somepony call out and Void lifted his head fully and looked at the window to see another pony

@@Firehearted,
"Oh hey!" Void said in surprise "I assume you have no clue why your hear too Sir Random pony I just met" Void said with an awkward amount of sarcasm.

@@Handsome Changeling,

A Changeling? I'd only really gotten a good look at only after I decided to shout at him. It's never a good thing when you're stuck in the same prison/house/anything with a Changeling.

"Yeah... I'm stuck in here too" I slide back down onto the bed kinda worried about getting my love sucked out of me.

*FFFFFTT* From each of the tubes drops a letter. The paper is just normal copy paper, nothing special. 

Dear,_______

As you may have noticed you are now imprisoned here. We ask you do not panic and remain calm. So, please, enjoy your stay.

Mr. Bit

I finished the letter while no more than I had before. That was... Weird...

"Did you get one?" I called into the Changeling's cell.

@@Firehearted

Void picked up and read the letter and his left eye twitched a little 'You're bucking kidding me...ENJOY MY STAY IN A CELL?!' He thought to himself again and then realized he nearly forgot to respond to the pony he barely knew that just called out to him again.

"Sadly yeah, I got one of these stupid letters... " He shouted back through the small window
Void then made a slow and irritated hiss sound with his tongue and leaned on the wall and a second later proceeded to pace in what little space was offered by the cell "Can't even pace properly..." He muttered to himself

Lance looked around the room and read the letter when he saw it. "W-why would I like living in a c-cell" Lance asked himself. He thought of trying to excape, looking around the cell more he didn't find an excape rote. "T-there's nothing much f-for me to d-do, and how do I responded t-to that stupid letter, I w-want out of h-here, wait what about my sis" Lance started getting worried and started pacing I'm what little space he has.

I looked at the letter and raised an eyebrow, "Why are we getting letters and 'enjoy your stay.' Whatever it is we will be here a while "

I thought of how one could escape the cell. ​Magic is nullified, steel and stone surround us and we are quite possibly being watched but by who? I stirred over that line of thought for a bit before putting the letter on my bed. 

Strong eventually heard a voice coming from the cell next to his ((Lance)) and looked away from the aggravating letter to peek inside. "Hey there, see you're finally up. So did they grab you and throw you here with no explanation too?" he said in an annoyed tone as he spoke of their imprisonment. He looked back at the letter and scowled, enjoy your stay? What kind of sick joke was that! If he had some way of replying, he would most certainly have some choice words to say to this guy.

*FFFFTTT* Another letter dropped from my tube. Now what?

Patches,

Hey man, I heard you've got yourself thrown in prison. I don't know what you did but I'm going to whack you upside the head when I get back from the Everfree. If you didn't do anything I'm still whacking you for getting blamed for whatever happened.

Well whatever the case I'll get you out once I'm done out here in the Everfree. Yes, I am leaving you in the dust for a bit but you know I've been planning this expedition for weeks. Don't worry too much (Celestia knows you worry too much), you won't starve or anything. I'll talk to one of my people in the Royal Guard and get all this sorted out. 

You probably won't be able to write me back being in jail and all so I won't expect  response but I'll keep sending you letters anyway to keep you company.

Signed,

Atlas

Atlas? How'd he know I was in here? He's got his ways... And seriously! He was leaving here while he went off to do whatever he was doing! Jackass. Whatever. He'll be here eventually.

*FFFTTT* "AGAIN?!" I shouted before slapping my mouth shut.

@@RhythmicBrony@@Shadow Dancer@@LunaFlower226@@Handsome Changeling,

In every cell another message fell.

Dear, ______

We would like to inform your conditions here.

At 6:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and 6:00 PM you will receive meals via teleportation into your cells. Exactly one hour later plates, utensils, and any food not eaten will be teleported away. Note this is the only thing that can come in and out of your cells save letters from your mail tubes.

You are permitted to fraternize with those int he cells around you without hindrance. 

Finally we ask you do not damage any of the items in your cell. They will not be replaced should you damage them. Should your toilet fail to operate from circumstances outside of your reach it will be repaired promptly. We will know if you tampered with anything in the rooms. 

Good day,

Mr Bit

Just peachy.

"I'm sure glad I have the best of accommodations" I muttered sarcastically. Where was I? Ow yeah, I've got a Changeling in the cell next door. Why wasn't he disguised? Maybe he was decloaked or whatever when he was thrown in here. He seemed alright... He wasn't trying to eat my love yet... He seemed a bit mad though and I don't know how bad my other neighbor might be. Changeling or the unknown? For all I know a bear or something could be next door if I've got a Changeling here. Changeling is is.

@@Handsome Changeling

"Hey" I whispered into the window. "You know why we're here? Actually do you know what is going on at all?" I charged my numbing spell a bit just in case he tried anything. 

Once Void read the letter he let out a harsh groan "What am I a dog? Don't damage your CELL'S furniture, oh wait, sorry I thought I was gonna eat my bed or something..." He muttered to himself again "And food...Blegh I can live off pony food but love is better...bleegh..." He continued to mutter to himself some more and then he twitched his spined ears and leaned on the wall under the small window leading to that other ponies cell, from what Void saw he was blue? Yeah, he barely got a good view but blue for sure

@@Firehearted,
Void heard the ponies voice again and hissed a little and stood up fully, then looked through the window and at the blue pony he proceeded to respond in a casual voice but Void's casual voice was quite strange, insect like of course 
"No, I have no idea why were here and I have no idea what is going on" Void sighed and added "Wish I did though, I kinda want to know why I am cooped up right now"

I looked at the letter and sighed, I did not want any listening device to hear what I said so I opted to just think it. 'Well they have a listening device and probably a visual device some where around here. Also teleportation and timed for that matter, this Mr. Bit must possess lots of money or be very skilled in magic perhaps both I can't go looking for the probe without alerting them to my suspicions. Damn it! I will have to continue to wait, for more information.'  

I could hear the others talking and the ticking of the clock on the wall, tick, tick, tick. It would have been maddening if it weren't for the talking and being able to talk to others. At least he left us that little freedom. I was going to speak to the cell occupant to my right but saw that he was talking to somebody else. If I had of looked closer I would have found that 'Pony' to be a Changeling.

Edited by Shadow Dancer

@@Handsome Changeling,

Regret. Many, many regrets.

"Soooo... Would you mind not eating my love? Pretty please" I ducked back down before he could give a responce. Oh my god they have a weird voice. Last time I saw a Changelings was... When they attacked Canterlot? ... Ugh... Canterlot... 

@@Shadow Dancer

"Hey, what do you think of this mess?" Came a voice from the other window. Hey! It isn't a bear! 

"Well... I don't like it... Then again who would? I've got a friend who's going to bust me out soon though" *FFFTTT* 

Mr Bit would like to remind you attempts to escape are futile. Remain calm and cooperate.

Thank you.

I put down the almost comically timed letter. Atlas could get me out. He's got the stuff. He'd blow a hole in the wall need be. *POOF* 

@@Shadow Dancer@@Handsome Changeling,@@RhythmicBrony,@@LunaFlower226,

​In all the cells plates of "food" appeared on the floor. It was more of a brown mush. I took a small nibble. Tastes like... Mush? I couldn't pin it. It was edible though... 

*FFFTT* 

We would like to apologize for the quality of the food. We assure you it is nutritious and beneficial for your health.

Mr. Bit

Just getting better... "I'd wish Atlas would hurry up" I thought aloud. 

Edited by Firehearted

The food did not taste much better then the shit I ate during training, I would say it was worse even. But it was edible and better then nothing. I heard a sudden *POOF* and a letter appeared from the tube

Hey there friend, I don't know if you remember me, but as I write this letter I am on a nice trip around the world.

I hope that your fine as well, also I sent a painting that I found for you.

Your old friend,

Adventurous Spirit

I looked to see a painting of the night sky sit right over my bed once I finished the letter. I could not recall the Stallions name or even meeting him but I smiled at the gift. 

• Brohoof 1

More letters, seemingly coming at perfect times as he listened to the conversations of other ponies. Of course he did not attempt to make contact with the others save for his neighbor, but they seemed to be out cold still for the time being. When the sad excuse for the food came out, Strong took a tentative taste and cringed his nose. He'd much rather eat a spoiled apple then that. However the complaining of his stomach caused him to sigh as he forced a few bites from the bowl. 

As he listened, he heard one pony ((Patches)) talking about a friend busting him out. He looked into his window and tried to locate the pony. "Any chances he can get us too? Pretty sure none of us wanna stay in this... 'lovely' establishment any more than you" he said in a low even tone.

"I-I'm not hungry, man I whish t-that I could e-eat Celi's, or my sis's cooking" Lance whispered to himself wanting to get out of this cell. "S-STUID CELL" Lance shouted then he curled up onto the bed. "I wonder what Celi's up to right now" Lance whispered to himself.

@@LunaFlower226

The pony that was next to his cell apparently WAS awake and had just ignored Strongs previous attempt to talk to him. With an aggravated sigh, he looked back over to see him curled on his bed whispering something to himself. Did he not know of the other cells next to him? Or did he just not care? Whatever the case, Strong tried once again to speak to him.

"So you just gonna sit there talking to yourself or try and make some conversation with the living ponies next to you?"

"O-oh, um, I tend t-to do this a l-lot, you see I-I'm just trying to figure out a-what to do, besides e-eating that awful food, I'd rather be home right n-now, I can i-imagine it's the same for you to, am I right" Lance said looking at the pony that started talking to him. He don't really know if he should have said that, but he did.

"Yeah you can say that" replied Strong as he looked around his own cell. Not even here an hour and he hated it here. He needed to get out, hell they all needed to get out. But how? Far as he knew, these walls were solid, he couldnt even make a dent on his door. "To be honest I wanna get out here and kick this Mr. Bit's ass all across Equestria... by the way, the name is Strong Hooves, and you are?"

"Oh h-hello Strong Hooves, m-my name is Lance Flower, y-yeah I know that F-flower is kind of w-wired if a l-last name isne't it" Lance said getting up from the bed and looking around again. "N-nothing but walls it seams. I-I'm really starting to hate walls now" Lance said still looking around.

"Eh, names are names" replied Strong with a shrug. He didnt really judge by names, more on the personality that they give off. And with the stutter fest Lance gave, it seemed this guy was a pretty shy pony. At least he was making conversation now. He sighed and forced another bite of the goop before looking back at Lance.

"Yeah, not a fan. Hardly any space for me to even walk" he said with a grumble as he looked around his cell. He really wished he had known why he was thrown in here. He sighed and looked back at Lance through the window, "I know its horrible, but you need to keep your strength up. No reason to starve right now"

"Well I'm not really a-all that hungary really, the last thing I r-remembered doing before I g-got here was eating, man I whish that I could eat my sisters cooking a-again" Lance said staring at the ceiling. "These rooms aren't r-really the best, even the b-bed is uncomfortable" Lance said.

Edited by LunaFlower226

Void was laying on the floor, he just ripped up the recent letter on escape being futile and he pushed the plate of 'food' away with his hoof as he lay down on the cold floor
"Not even gonna try it..." He grumbled and then lifted his head off the ground and grinned 
"I could just turn into a small creature and climb out the window!...Oh wait...I need love to power my magic, and I ain't had that for a long time..." Void kept just trying to think of ways to get out and each idea he got came to a stop as there was always something stopping him from doing each idea, and to anypony else Void would just sound like he was arguing with himself in his gravely and off voice or something strange like that.

@@RhythmicBrony

I choose not to answer and pretend I didn't hear. Truth be told I didn't know it Atlas would bust the rest off them out... Besides he didn't even know they were here. He would just have me released. I didn't know him anyway. For all I know he's a killer. Yeah. A killer! Don't want to talk to him no-sire.

*FFFFTTT* Yet another letter in a long series dropped through everyone's tubes.

@@Handsome Changeling,@@LunaFlower226, @@RhythmicBrony,  @@Shadow Dancer

Good day,

We are happy to inform you that you have been selected by me, Dr Bit ((Yes he is now a doctor and pretend he always was. He's got a PhD in money)) to join an exclusive program for inmates all over the country. 

We have noticed that due to recent outbreaks of a terrible virus the population of our beautiful nation has begun to dwindle. This is unfortunate. But there is still hope: you.

Recent studies show over 98% of the population is infected by the virus. However many of the remain 2% are prison inmates such as yourself. We hope that you stay vigilante and remain healthy. We encourage you to remain in a good mental state was well despite the circumstances.

Dr Bit

I looked at the letter a bit shocked. How long had I been out... Let's see... If patient zero interacts with a normal amount of ponies everyday and is a city dweller and assuming the virus is highly infectious a virus could across the nation in... A week at the fastest... But I couldn't have been out that long. Atlas' letter talked about going on an expedition into the Everfree which he'd told me about two weeks ago... I couldn't have been out longer two days but I doubted that long. I'd have a whelp somewhere and a concussion if it was that bad.

*FFFTTT*

Patches,

And I'm on my way... And I've already been attacked by Timber Wolves... Well now I've got some food for tonight's fire at least.

I'm using this fancy rune that I got from some gypsy's shop. What it does is it will send the message to the post station nearest tot he destination just by placing the paper on it. Real cool and I can give you play-by-play updates on what I'm up to. And well, if you don't want a play-by-play... Sucks to be you! Don't get yourself thrown in jail next time!

I shouldn't be too long. I know where I'm going and know what I'm getting. See you soon.

Atlas

Well at least Atlas was keeping on the ball. In the cell next over I could hear the Changeling talking to himself. At first I thought he might have a screw loose but then I remember I've been known to talk to myself in less than ideal situations. I slumped onto my bed and attempted to eat the mush on the plate. I tried to not think about this strange virus that for all I know may just be fake.

@@Handsome Changeling,

*FFFTTT*

We would like to remind you ALL attempts to escape are futile. Please cooperate.

Thank you.

On the outside window and the window leading to Patches' cell a small magic field appears blocking anything from coming back and forth. It's clear by now they can hear and see you no matter how silent or discrete you may be.

Edited by Firehearted

"Yeah, seems this punk Bit didnt put much into the expense of prison cells. But hell, Im not even supposed to be here! By the looks of it, neither are you." Strong said as he sat back on his haunches. He did not get a response from the other pony, asshole, but he knew there were others here as well. 

He received a letter talking about the virus and his thought drifted to the few friends he had in ponyville, immediately hoping they were safe from harm. 

"Hey" he called out to the others, "Just how many of us are there? And who else was knocked out cold and thrown in here with no explanation?"

Edited by RhythmicBrony