Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Putting together a gaming pc, best options?

Pucksterv

So my current pc has a lot of problem these days. It can't handle the games that I would like play. It's always crashing and getting overheated. To make a long story short, I need a new pc.

I was thinking this time I'll but my own pc together (with the help of some other people).

But I don't know enough about pc parts so I would like some advice.

What kind of cooling system, hardware, software, CPU, motherboard, video card etc.

My budget is probably about 1000 euros (= about 1060 dollars) but if it can me lower that would be nice too

Anyway if ye have any recommendations/advice for putting a good gaming pc together, please let me know  :lol:

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl ====================================================== €80

PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8-CM 630W ATX 2.31 =================================================€70

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 ============================================================= €70

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 4x 3.40GHz ======================================================== €230

GPU: ASUS GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5-BLACK, 4GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort ===================== €320

RAM: Kingston HyperX 10th Year Anniversary Edition DIMM XMP Kit 16GB, DDR3-1866, CL9-11-9 =========== €160

SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB, SATA 6Gb/s ======================================================== €80

HDD: Western Digital WD Red 3TB, 3.5", SATA 6Gb/s ============================================== €90

DVD/Blu-Ray: Pioneer BDR-209DBK schwarz ===================================================== €60

========================================================================================= €1150

Most solid budget combo.

If you don't need a Blu-Ray Writer and pick a DVD Writer Instead you can save €45 to that.

just for the fact of even looking at the AMD CPU... lol@the video above...

And if you take a 120GB SSD, you'll regret it; pick directly a 250GB. I know many people who picked 120GB because they were cheaper and then either regretted or exchanged it a bit later.

• Brohoof 1

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl ====================================================== €80

PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8-CM 630W ATX 2.31 =================================================€70

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 ============================================================= €70

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 4x 3.40GHz ======================================================== €230

GPU: ASUS GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5-BLACK, 4GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort ===================== €320

RAM: Kingston HyperX 10th Year Anniversary Edition DIMM XMP Kit 16GB, DDR3-1866, CL9-11-9 =========== €160

SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB, SATA 6Gb/s ======================================================== €80

HDD: Western Digital WD Red 3TB, 3.5", SATA 6Gb/s ============================================== €90

DVD/Blu-Ray: Pioneer BDR-209DBK schwarz ===================================================== €60

========================================================================================= €1150

Most solid budget combo.

If you don't need a Blu-Ray Writer and pick a DVD Writer Instead you can save €45 to that.

just for the fact of even looking at the AMD CPU... lol@the video above...

And if you take a 120GB SSD, you'll regret it; pick directly a 250GB. I know many people who picked 120GB because they were cheaper and then either regretted or exchanged it a bit later.

thanks for the advice/recommendations. I see I got a lot to learn

I don't think I need a Blu-ray and DVD writer so yeah less money to spend

And just to mention it because it's something I have heard really often:

Most modern cases have airflow that is designed to use openings on the its bottomside.

If you have your PC under your desk and it should be standing in a carpet, add €15 for a LACK Ikea couch table. take the plate and place it between the carpet and the PC (or get any other wooden/solid plastic plate that is big enough).

Saves lot of trouble considering air flow and resulting heating problems.

Edited by Shikilicious
  • Brohoof 1