Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your best thought out MLP story?

CP3_P0n3

(edited)

Mine is that instead of ponies, the Mane 6 are school girls in their junior years. They joined the music club and dubbed the Elements of Harmony. Each of them are master of their own intrument. One particular being Fluttershy who plays tambourine, an instrument that is unlikely to shine. Despite that, they have won 3 awards consecutively in the battle of the band. Along the way, their friendship started to deteriorate the more they develop their skills up to professional level, completely dominating other school band.

After graduating into their senior years, they each went to separate high schools, Fluttershy in Ponniville High, Applejack in Applesalsa High, Rarity in Canterlot High, Rainbow Dash in Dash Academy, Pinkie in Rockville High and Twilight in Starswirl Academy. The story follows fluttershy and her new friends into beating the other Elements of Harmony and by proving that a percussionist is just as important in a band.

First they will beat Applejack, then Rarity, then RD, then Pinkie, again Applejack, then lastly Twilight. Thus, strengthening their friendship slowly and changes their way of playing music.

What are your story of MLP? Any version, anthros or anything would be fine.

Edited by Inference

(edited)
um........ whoa dude those links killed kenny......... YOU BASTARDS (JK That's My Last Joke On MLG PRO Days[/quote let me guess you read the sequal going down to ponyville ?
Edited by Megachangeling12

um........ whoa dude those links killed kenny......... YOU BASTARDS (JK That's My Last Joke On MLG PRO Days[/quote let me guess you read the sexual going down to ponyville ?

nope it just my friend watches south park and is always showing me clips lol

yep lol and without a brain kenny can't Think So technically that kills him as it shuts down his organs ( i'm 13 why do i know this)

because innocence is corrupted early my friend .

By the way if you guys do like ponies and South Park combined I've got a great topic for you http://mlpforums.com/topic/124518-mlp-and-sp-counterpart-comparisons/?mode=show

By the way when I typed sexual in one my comments I wasn't looking at it I meant sequel

You see I once tried to write on fan fiction .net however due to me inky owning a iPad it was tricky . Also how come you had to stop at part 1 busy or writing problem ?

Not busy, but would be nice if it had some paragraphing.

(edited)

*sighs * I'll go back and fix it

Actually take my earlier post back after close examination I realize my post we'll thought out MLP story here was the wings of change ( although I never hit to finish it )

Well, keep up with your writing, who knows? It will mature up great. I've read part 2 and rudely said, it wasn't good. Don't take me wrong ok?

Edited by Code Kirin

Well here's a link to winds of change http://mlpforums.com/topic/122490-winds-of-change-part-1/?p=3533450. But when you voted it wasn't good what was the thing that teally defined as such ? Paceing , paragraphing storyline ?

Since you were taking about my writing skills evolving prehaps you'd like to look at some recent work I've done http://mlpforums.com/topic/124898-good-doggy-no-bone-a-gwoa-back-story/?mode=show

It's not exactly pony related but it brings them in later on .

(edited)

Does a Pathfinder campaign count as a story? I hope so, because that's my best thought out story.... And well, I guess I can go ahead and tell what the story is about

It all began when Hocus Pocus first heard about enchanted comic books and thought "Pfff, I could do that!". She decided to try the spell out on a Labyrinths & Leviathans (Dungeons & Dragons) campaign she had written before running her friends through it. The spell worked and the group was sucked into the story.... however, since Hocus was new to the magic, the whole group (Hocus Pocus, Sugar Sprinkles, Tru Bud, and Saddlesong) forgot it was only a L&L campaign. This is going to be the final plot twist that is revealed at the end of the campaign (or if somepony dies, it will be revealed to them when he or she is booted out of the book and back into the real world).

The campaignception starts when Hocus finds a strange parcel in a back alleyway in the city of Baltimare. Being more curious than smart, Hocus looked inside the package to find the Alicorn Amulet. Knowing of the artifact's power, she hid the amulet away in her house, and told her friends, Sugar and Tru. Shortly thereafter, news broke out of the amulet's disappearance from Zecora's hiding spot in the Everfree forest, and anypony with information was to report to Princess Celestia immediately. So, the group of three headed towards Canterlot, but ran into trouble when a group of Strange Ponies wearing starry cloaks approached. They seemed to be questioning everypony about the amulet, and when our response bordered the line of "Who wants to know?" they spotted the parcel in our luggage. The strange unicorns demanded that we hand over the amulet to them so that they could "return it to the Republic". Unwilling to give them the amulet, they attacked us. Untrained and inexperienced with combat, we got our flanks handed to us; however, the train station security apprehended the unicorns and offered us an emergency express chariot to Canterlot when they saw we had the amulet. Once we got to Celestia's castle, we found two more ponies (this time two pegasi) wearing the same starry cloaks in front of Celestia, claiming that they had the amulet, trying to return it to Celestia. When Tru recognized the cloaks, she attacked, thinking the two were trying to trick Celestia into accepting a false amulet. Celestia's guards broke up the fight, and Celestia herself called for two Earth Pony guards. She put our Alicorn Amulet on one, and the pegasi's amulet on the other. When she attempted to take the Pegasi's amulet off of her guard's neck, it came off easily, but ours would not budge. The true Alicorn Amulet could only be taken off by anypony but its wearer, proving our amulet was real, and the other one was fake. The pegasi claimed we had switched the amulets during the fight, and that was our plan all along. Celestia, not one to make hasty decisions, offered us both a guest room in her castle, so that she may visit us each individually and question both of us on how we got our amulets.

That night, she came to our room and apologized for the events that had happened earlier. She had finished talking to the other group, and found several inconsistencies in their story. When she questioned them further, she found that they were members of an organization that Celestia had thought died out long ago.... The New Lunar Republic.

Back when Celestia had banished Nightmare Moon to the moon, a group of separatists formed who believed that Celestia did not act out of necessity, but out of greed. They believed that Celestia had wanted all the power for herself, and was seeking any excuse to get rid of her sister so that she alone could rule Equestria. Calling themselves the New Lunar Republic, their protests grew increasingly violent, to the point where Celestia banished them from Equestria. They left with the promise to return when their true ruler, Nightmare Moon, comes back and shrouds Equestria in eternal night. Nopony had seen them ever since then. But it turns out they must be back, and they were after the Alicorn Amulet.... but that's not all. Celestia was worried they are after more than just the amulet. The amulet is just one piece to a set of 6 elements, opposite of the elements of Harmony. This second set of elements were known as the Elements of Destruction. These six elements represent Fury (which is the Alicorn Amulet), Fear, War, Chaos, Resent, and Deceit. If the NLR was after one Element, there's a good chance they're planning on securing the rest of them. What their plan is, Celestia doesn't know (They plan on collecting all 6 elements, taking them back to the castle of the two sisters, and using them to Re-Summon Nightmare moon, using Nightmare's spirit that haunted the castle after Luna's return [which was seen in Castle Mane-ia]... But that isn't revealed until much later).

Celestia would have to bolster her guard and protect Canterlot, Cadence and Shining Armor would have to increase defenses in The Crystal Empire, and Twilight and the other Mane 6 would be busy in Ponyville. With the new threat, none of them could go out and secure the elements before the New Lunar Republic.... Celestia could hold a recruitment drive..... but that would take time, a luxury that Equestria may not be able to afford. So, feeling that she had no choice, Celestia asked the group if they would be willing to travel across Equestria and gather the Elements of Destruction before the NLR, she offered her guards to train us in combat before we leave, so we will be more prepared for our journey, and the group accepted....

Meanwhile, near Ponyville, Saddlesong had met a few members of the New Lunar Republic, telling him only partial truths, claiming to be a group that wants to give more power of the throne to Luna, and Saddlesong in his naivety joined. Using him for his magic and music, they flew him in a chariot over ponyville each night, with other unicorns to enchant his voice to create a siren's melody, which attracted children to follow the chariot. He lead them out of Ponyville, believing it to be a simple recruitment drive, and being told that all ponies that followed would be able to return to Ponyville before daybreak. He didn't know that if they chose not to join, they'd be imprissoned in the NLR's hidden capitol city "The Garden of Shadows".

And that's as far as we the players have gotten :3 I have an idea of where the campaign will lead (I even have the next part written out), but I've already typed over 5000 characters in this post so far, so I think that gives you a good enough idea of the campaign :P

But if you really want to know what will happen next, or if you want to run this campaign yourself, feel free to message me, and I'll set you up X3

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

Does a Pathfinder campaign count as a story? I hope so, because that's my best thought out story.... And well, I guess I can go ahead and tell what the story is about

It all began when Hocus Pocus first heard about enchanted comic books and thought "Pfff, I could do that!". She decided to try the spell out on a Labyrinths & Leviathans (Dungeons & Dragons) campaign before running her friends through it. The spell worked and the group was sucked into the story.... however, since Hocus was new to the magic, the whole group (Hocus Pocus, Sugar Sprinkles, Tru Bud, and Saddlesong) forgot it was only a L&L campaign. This is going to be the final plot twist that is revealed at the end of the campaign (or if somepony dies, it will be revealed to them when he or she is booted out of the book and back into the real world).

The campaignception starts when Hocus finds a strange parcel in a back alleyway in the city of Baltimare. Being more curious than smart, Hocus looked inside the package to find the Alicorn Amulet. Knowing of the artifact's power, she hid the amulet away in her house, and told her friends, Sugar and Tru. Shortly thereafter, news broke out of the amulet's disappearance from Zecora's hiding spot in the Everfree forest, and anypony with information was to report to Princess Celestia immediately. So, the group of three headed towards Canterlot, but ran into trouble when a group of Strange Ponies wearing starry cloaks. They seemed to be questioning everypony about the amulet, and when our response bordered the line of "Who wants to know?" they spotted the parcel in our luggage. The strange unicorns demanded that we hand over the amulet to them so that they could "return it to the Republic". Unwilling to give them the amulet, they attacked us. Untrained and inexperienced with combat, we got our flanks handed to us; however, the train station security apprehended the unicorns and offered us an emergency express chariot to Canterlot when they saw we had the amulet. Once we got to Celestia's castle, we found two more ponies (this time two pegasi) wearing the same starry cloaks in front of Celestia, claiming that they had the amulet, trying to return it to Celestia. When Tru recognized the cloaks, she attacked, thinking the two were trying to trick Celestia into accepting a false amulet. Celestia's guards broke up the fight, and Celestia herself called for two Earth Pony guards. She put our Alicorn Amulet on one, and the pegasi's amulet on the other. When she attempted to take the Pegasi's amulet off of her guard's neck, it came off easily, but ours would not budge. The true Alicorn Amulet could only be taken off by its wearer, proving our amulet was real, and the other one was fake. The pegasi claimed we had switched the amulets during the fight, and that was our plan all along. Celestia, not one to make hasty decisions, offered us both a guest room in her castle, so that she may visit us each individually and question both of us on how we got our amulets.

That night, she came to our room and apologized for the events that had happened earlier. She had finished talking to the other group, and found several inconsistencies in their story. When she questioned them further, she found that they were members of an organization that Celestia had thought died out long ago.... The New Lunar Republic.

Back when Celestia had banished Nightmare Moon to the moon, a group of separatists formed who believed that Celestia did not act our of necessity, but out of greed. They believed that Celestia had wanted all the power for herself, and was seeking any excuse to get rid of her sister so that she alone could rule Equestria. Calling themselves the New Lunar Republic, their protests grew increasingly violent, to the point where Celestia banished them from Equestria. They left witht he promise to return when their true ruler, Nightmare Moon, comes back and shrouds Equestria in eternal night. Nopony had seen them ever since then. But it turns out they must be back, and they were after the Alicorn Amulet.... but that's not all. Celestia was worried they are afer more than just the amulet. The amulet is just one piece to a set of 6 elements, opposite of the elements of Harmony. This second set of elements was known as the Elements of Destruction. These six elements represent Fury (which is the Alicorn Amulet), Fear, War, Chaos, Resent, and Deceit. If the NLR was after one Element, there's a good chance they're planning on securing the rest of them. What their plan is, Celestia doesn't know (They plan on collecting all 6 elements, taking them back tot he castle of the two sisters, and using them to Re-Summon Nightmare moon, using Nightmare's spirit that haunts the castle after Luna's return [which was seen in Castle Mane-ia]... But that isn't revealed until much later).

Celestia would have to bolster her guard and protect Canterlot, Cadence and Shining Armor would have to increase defenses in The Crystal Empire, and Twilight and the other Mane 6 would be busy in Ponyville. With the new threat, none of them could go out and secure the elements before the New Lunar Republic.... Celestia could hold a recruitment drive..... but that woudl take time, a luxury that Equestria may not be able to afford. So, feeling she has no choice, Celestia asks the group if they would be willing to travel across Equestria and gather the Elements of Destruction before the NLR, she offered her guards to train us in combat before we leave, so we will be more prepared for our journey, and the group accepted....

Meanwhile, near Ponyville, Saddlesong had met a few members of the New Lunar Republic, telling him only partial truths, claiming to be a group that wants to give more power of the throne to Luna, and Saddlesong in his naivety joined. Using him for his magic and music, they flew him in a chariot over ponyville each night, with other unicorns to enchant his voice to create a siren's melody, which attracted children to follow the chariot. He lead them out of Ponyville, believing it to be a simple recruitment drive, and being told that all ponies that followed would be able to return to Ponyville before daybreak. He didn't know that if they chose not to join, they'd be imprissoned in the NLR's hidden capitol city "The Garden of Shadows".

And that's as far as we the players have gotten :3 I have an idea of where the campaign will lead (I even have the next part written out), but I've already typed over 5000 characters so far, so I think that gives you a good enough idea of the campaign :P

But if you really want to know what will happen next, or if you want to run this campaign yourself, feel free to message me, and I'll set you up X3

Sweet, I really wanna join but I have an RP going on.

Ehehehe~ The problem with me is that I put more effort into the characters than the actual story. I create really good OCs (well, in my eyes at least) and detailed character profiles for each of my characters, and when it comes to the story I get to about the 3rd chapter and end it because that's when the introductions end. However, if I were to create a story with the OCs I have, it definitely would be an odd combination that could maybe work if I'm in a creative mood. But, I do have concepts that I want to use.

My favourite of my concepts is about ponies in high school who don't like their cutie marks attempting to change the status quo and try to find a talent other than what their cutie mark associates them with (e.g, a paint brush being associated with art, or a musical note as a musician). I like to think of this club as the opposite of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. But then again, this concept is very basic and needs more evolving, but otherwise still my favourite for what it is so far. 

Sweet, I really wanna join but I have an RP going on.

Well, ^^" It's kind of already full.... Sorry to say... (Most Pathfinder campaigns are built for parties of four) but if you want me to send you a link to the campaign once I get it published to Fimfic (which I'll get around to eventually) I could do that for you :3

The only problem is that at the moment, while part 1 may be finished, its mostly just a jumbled up mess of notes, maps, stat blocks, encounter tables, and difficulty classes for various actions. It'd be hard to figure out how to put it all together unless you were the one that made it.... So I'll be going back to do a little bit of editing before putting out the final product.