private A World Beyond Sight: The Uncharted

Vemillia Nightshade

Walking, the golden colored stallion dipped his head at a pair of ladies in waiting but they just looked away but the other in a light pink, did glance back and Smokey knew you win some and loose some but nah what did he care for the super shallow ponies of a royal court.

Taking in the considerations the guard had told him but he did lightly whistle at the stained glass of history events but he stopped to look at one of Princess Twilight and smiled a bit. For a so called princess he had heard she had a good head and was more in tune of the common pony. Still he kept and the voices of a few ponies reached his keen ears.

“Well seems that got a gathering a going already.” He thought, one ear flicking as the earth stallion walked in with a high head and a smirk on his muzzle.

Walking in, he pushed open the door, “Well hi all? Hows the day?”

• Brohoof 1

Bright noticed both the new ponies, and quickly ran over to each, with a hyperactive reaction. "Oh my Celestia! New pony friends! Two more pponies, equals two more of the fun! Weeee!"

Cuddle started to walk up, getting a glance from a couple of the guards. She smiled, knowing full well that she was pretty... Not really liking the fact herself, but whatever. She walks onward, and hears the voices of somepony who's really excited... Here goes... She kicks open the door, and whips hair out of her face, and gazes at each pony; Smokey, Vioila, Rune, Bright, and Snowflake. "So... This the group I'm working with?"

Bright jumped. "Three more of the fun!" He yelled, then noticed the awkwardness, and sat down. Cuddle sighed.

@@Tao @@Snowflake Frostflame @@Vemillia Nightshade @@Swinton

Edited by Overlord0909

(edited)

@@Tao

Violia then heard a new voice, which sounded like a lower male voice enter the room. She opens her eyes and looks back, her slightly glowing pink eyes locking onto the new pony in the room. She wasn't sure what to make of him, his energy was more... different from the other ponies here. Though it seems her has a calm, laid back demeanor about him. It was nice to see a pony like that, but it also feels odd that a pony like him was summoned. Maybe he had really good survival talent or something... though it was not her place to judge. She wasn't going to be like the snooty types of this city. She kept her silence however and she looks down to the floor once more. She closes her eyes in meditation as she kept her mind leveled out.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade
  • Brohoof 1

Starchase was roaming around the halls of the castle. He was, without a doubt, utterly lost. The place seemed like a maze to him. He was pushing open every unlocked door. He popped his head in and saw the others. "Hello" He smiled awkwardly. Was it even the right place he thought.

Snowflake snaps out of his trance and walks around saying loud enough for everyone to hear "so you guys are the others Celestia personally messaged?.... I understand why I was called but I fail to understand why some of you where" Snowflake tilts his head down to cover his eye with his hood then grins....

Bright looked up in wonder. "You know what... I wonder why too... And hi new pony! What's your name?" Bright greeted Starchase.

Cuddle Cresent rolled her eyes. "I was wondering who you all were too... I'm Cuddle Cresent, traveller extrodinaire... And I believe I'm leading this expedition. Unless somepony else has travelled more then me that is. Anypony?" She gave a smug look, knowing that to not be true.

Bright looked at Cresent. "I sure haven't... But wouldn't it be the eldest who leads? That's how I thought the system works..."

Cuddle shook her head. "Nope. Most experience matters. Most experience when it comes to travelling that is."

@@Tao @@Snowflake Frostflame @@Vemillia Nightshade @@Swinton

After her short break Cobalt sighed as she headed back outside. The heat on the island not being that enjoyable to her. While some ponies liked the warm weather she liked it a bit cool, not too cold for her flowers, but cooler than what it was at the moment. All she really had to do was tidy up some lumber they had cut from dead trees and water some of the flowers. After that she would be free for the rest of the day. 

Rune glanced at Smokey as the two shared a look for a moment , but he only shrugged and would let things play out but knowing Rune something was going to be said and if they had to work together, learn everyone's talents and traits and what they did. A good Merc caption always learned these basics if with a unknown group.

“You sure Cuddle Crescent ? Yah haven't asked any of us what we have done or even if any of us have lead a group? Snowflake says he a Merc Caption and so am I. Have you taken into account of asking also what are strengths are or maybe we should put it to a vote once we know the other pony better its a fair outcome.” Rune kept her voice level, calm and looked at Cuddle.

Looking around, it was only normal for the warrior mare to speak out if she thought things a bit unfair.

Smokey only waited and watched, having worked with Rune and her Seekers up in the north more than once but thought to let things play out.

@@Snowflake Frostflame @@Vemillia Nightshade @@Swinton

• Brohoof 1

@@Overlord0909

"Oh, hello there." Starchase moved into the room. "My name is Starchase." He stuck out his hoof to the friendly strangerfor a hoofshake. He looked at Bright curiously. He hoped he didn't look too obvious or too judgingly. "And you are?"

(my mention button won't work. Eeek!)

• Brohoof 1

(A what now? XD)

Bright looked back at Starchase, and then his hoof. Bright grinned. "Yay! Another pony friend! I'm Bright Shine. I'm from Coltsmane, and I love making new friends, and talking..."

Cuddle narrowed her eyes. "We couldn't tell." She turns her head towards the middle of the room so her voice is even to all ears. "You are interesting bunch. Sure I haven't looked at all your strengths and pasts, but I know mine, and they're pretty darn impressive for somepony like to accomplish on my own." But she nods. "I agree though. A group vote is the right thing to do. I've already stated why I should be leader..."

(May be a good time for a certain princess to join this discussion :) )

@@Swinton @@Vemillia Nightshade @@Tao @@Snowflake Frostflame @@Night Mist

(edited)

Voilia was one of the few silent ones. In fact she is the only one that hasn't said anything to anypony. She thanks this to her shyness. She really isn't good at being social, especially after her past experiences. She knows that she'll be forced to cope with with these ponies but so far she hasn't seen anypony give her attention. Whether that is a good thing or bad thing is yet to be seen. Maybe they were just getting around to her or they don't know she exists because of how quiet she has been. Not that she minds not having attention, she feels like she is better off...

@@Snowflake Frostflame @@Swinton @@Overlord0909 @@Night Mist @@Tao

(Sorry about the late reply. I've been busy all day.)

• Brohoof 1

Bright gave a thinking face. Then said with a shrug. "I don't think anyone should lead. I think we should all share an equal load... If that's what you all want of course." He kind of steps away from it, as soon ad he suggested it. "No pressure or anything, I mean it might not be what you all want to do... So..."

Cuddle didn't react. "So... One vote for democracy. Who votes my dictatorship?"

Edited by Overlord0909

(edited)

Violia felt like she should say something at least. If she remains in the shadows of these ponies, then she may as well not be on the journey. She doesn't want to walk away from something like this. "I-I think the leader should be somepony who has experience in both survival as well as leadership. S-Since we will be out at sea... let a-alone a island... just a thought..." Violia says in a low, yet soft and coy tone. It was something that served as a surprise. She was surprised at herself for bringing up the courage to say something.

• Brohoof 1

Snowflake stares at Cuddle "experience is one thing but a good leader is more than just experience... I would know" Snowflake unsheaths his knife and starts tossing it up and down "now if your expecting the part where I say I should lead you're dead wrong I have no desire to lead a rag tag group of ponies I only lead my Shadow Bolts" Snowflake sheaths his knife "as for having no leader, that is a terrible idea... if no one was taking charge of this expedition then this would most likely be the last time we see Equestira.... so I vote for your..... Dictatorship...." Snowflake pauses "though to be completely honest I think she should take charge of us" Snowflake points at Violia

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle glared at him. "Rag tag..." She muttered with her head lowered. She raised it with a pleasant smile. "That is your opinion. One for the quiet mare."

Bright nodded. "Okay. Whatever you all think is best! I wouldn't want to impose. And she seems a little... Shy. Not to be labeling or anything but..."

(edited)

Violia's heart jumped. What? Is this pony serious?! She'd have the least amount of experience leading ponies!... or she'd thinks so anyway. "I-I couldn't possibly lead every pony..." Violia says, her ears lowering. "I don't know the first thing about leading... all I know are magic, lore, tomes, and herbalism. The l-latter thing was thanks to Zecora... s-she helped me a lot..." Violia's face begins to glow a bit of a light red as she admitted her own strengths to everypony.

• Brohoof 1

"Ooh... She sounds interesting! I want her to lead now too!" Bright hopped up and hooved the air. "Call me crazy, but I think she'd be great too!"

Cuddle looks around thinking: Celestia... What now? "Hm... Thinking of it... Where's Celestia? She could give her briefing first before we make our final decision. Maybe she'll also introduce us all properly."

Violia couldn't help but hide her face. These ponies flattering her like this. It's unlike anything she has seen. It almost like fate has brought her to them for that very reason. To lead, but she then thought on how impossible that would be. She truly wouldn't know the first thing about leading.

@@Snowflake Frostflame @@Swinton @@Overlord0909 @@Night Mist @@Tao

Celestia walked in with a knowing smile. "Welcome everypony. My apologies for the wait. My royal duties got the better of my attention today. I see everypony already is getting to know eachother. That is good. A bit of pre-adventure bonding does everypony some good." She walks passed them and sit on her throne. "Now, it's time we made introductions." She smiles like she already knows what transpired here. "And I do believe only a few of you haven't. Would one pony like to start by properly introducing themself first?"

• Brohoof 1

Bright Shine had a question. "Do we need to mention our age?"

Cuddle gave a confused look at him. "Er... Why not?"

Bright shyly looked away. "No reason... I'll go last... Unless you want to skip me. I'm just your run of the mill pony!" He gave a stressed smile.

Cuddle noticed something's up, but decided she didn't care. "I'll go once I've heard everypony else."

"I'm Snowflake Frostflame Commander of the Shadow Bolts Mercenary Team.... I attended your school for 7 years and graduated mastering in the arts of ice at the age of 16..." Snowflake looks back at the others then forward "though what I don't understand is why would you hire a Shadow Bolt... last I checked the Equestrian Empire wasn't to happy with us and our contracts...."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Celestia sighs and nods to Snowflake. "I feel your experience would allow to keep these ponies in line. Even if you do not wish to lead these ponies, I still think it would wholesome to fix broken ties. It's your choice however in how you chose to use your skills, not mine" Celestia then smiles and looks at Violia. "How about you Violia? Why don't you talk about yourself a little?"

Violia's heart skipped, but she nods. "M-My name is Violia Shade. I am a resident of deepest reaches of the Everfree Forest. I've lived in the dangerous lush forest for almost all my life. The only friend I've made is with the Zecora. She has taught me to use herbalism. As for my magic skills, I'm mostly self taught. I've also learned a lot about the lore of the land." She says in a bit louder voice than before. Her voice was a bit shaky still however.

Celestia chuckles and nods. "Violia's talent for the dark arts of magic could also serve some purpose too."

Violia looks to Celestia with surprise. "What?! How does she know that?!" She thought to herself.

• Brohoof 1

Soon enough Cobalt finally finished everything up and trotted off towards the ocean and its tide pools. The tide pools being where most of the locals go to swim. With some of them big enough for several ponies, and not too terribly deep they made perfect swimming holes. The one Cobalt was headed for was one in the shade of some trees, a favorite of hers though not very deep. The water in this tide pool only coming up to her chin. The water was always cool here though and crystal clear, making it easy to spot any critters that might not be welcomed or safe. Though that was rarely a problem and today the water was perfectly safe. 

• Brohoof 1

Smokey only kept on his easy smile for the moment, looking a bit lazily under his hate and listening to the other ponies talk for a bit. Rune had brought up a good point but that was her nature to question which had saved his life more than once given the times he worked with the Seekers team on a off job or few when the tracker made his way up north.

Having Celestia take a step in and keep things a bit smooth helped a bit but like always he watched and waited just like you had to do in hunt. Rushing in before yah got all the facts and clues you might need could end in a bad way which he knew.

“That Snowflake might be a hard to get along with but he has some guts. “he thought, listening and seeing how Rune kept on the calm look and pose to her face and body, “Violia has dark magic eh? Seems this filly might be interesting in terms..”

• Brohoof 1

Violia then sighs as she waits for other ponies to introduce themselves. She wasn't sure why Celestia would bring up her... darker talent. She must have a reason for this considering the fact that this will be a game of survival as well as exploration. She then looks to Smokey who was one of the other rather quiet ponies in the room. She was wondering what he was thinking about. Was he worried about what he will say, is he thinking about something from his personal life? She couldn't tell with his calm demeanor. It seems he was one of the few that could care less what happens as long as the job gets done. That what she figures from looks alone, but she could be wrong. Her glowing pink eyes also look to the other ponies in the room. It seems they all are excited for this adventure. Violia herself was a bit worried honestly. She wasn't sure where this would end up. For all she knew, they could all die. She sighs and closes her eye, trying to forget about what they will be doing and worry about the present.

Celestia then looks about the room. "Would the next pony like to step up and introduce his or herself? Or do I have to start picking till everypony is accounted for?" She says in a playful and almost childish tone. Celestia was never one to take anything too seriously unless her own kingdom was threatened. 

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle rolled her eyes. "Fine. I'll go. I gave a bit of information about myself, as to my career... I'm a traveller for a living. During my travels, I find rare things, I sell them, I make a living off what I earn. I never stay in one place for long, or if I do, it's until I get what I want from there." She smiles. "Do I like working alone? No. But,I don't like working with a bunch of un-experienced newbies. So far, we have a mercenary commander that goes against the law and a quiet dark magic caster... Now to add to the list, you have an awesome survivalist, with a history of trials of great suffering, with me coming out in sucess every time." She raises her chin in superiority. "So... If there's a leader, it should be me."

Bright gave an awkward smile. "I guess I can share a bit about me... I'm an everyday pony from a small, not very well known part of Equestria, town called Coltsmane. I've sometimes visited big cities... But I usually stay around the ponies I know. I have no idea why I was qualified exactly, but I'm willing to do whatever the princess, and you all, wish. I'll enjoy making all of you." He gives an actual,cheerful grin. "My friends!"

@@Tao @@Vemillia Nightshade @@Snowflake Frostflame @@Swinton @@Night Mist