private A World Beyond Sight: The Uncharted

Vemillia Nightshade

Cuddle's attitude stuck a nerve with Violia. Her own fur turning dark for a moment, and for a second it looked like her eyes began to glow with dark magic. She suppresses it though and keeps her cool. No sense attacking a pony over foolish overconfidence. Violia hasn't felt her nearly lose it like this in a while, not since she nearly killed a pony for judging her aloud. She'd rather not have a repeat experience like that again.

Celestia did eye Violia changing for that short moment. She was happy Violia kept it in control but she now wonders if Cuddle maybe endangering herself by mouthing off as she does.

• Brohoof 1

"Love and Hate are two different sides of the same coin. Both are feelings that are indescribable. One is felt often while the other is typically felt by those who cannot comprehend right from wrong." - Me

"In my time as a reaper of souls, I've learned to never take anything seriously unless it means my life. Chaos and Control are forms of the life flow, nothing more. Pain and heartbreak are no different, just a flow of events." - Sadist

"I know there is no use to prey, I am a demon today. We all are demons today" - Combichrist

He was rather curious as to why they had been chosen of all ponies. They seemed like an...unlikely group. He was fine with them. Most of them. He didn't feel to be particularly talkative with his mood fouled. 

"My name is Starchase. And frankly I can't stand narcissistic ponies. Or those who think they're entitled to everything." He deliberately spoke slowly, making the underlying implicit meaning very clear. He had met far too many ponies in his life like that. Especially when he was at school. Narcissism and entitlement was a bad combo. Either one on its own was bearable, but both, buck no! 

• Brohoof 1

banner.png.fd897d9b163416a13d1e08da59125bb7.png

Click here to boop that snoot, or here to request boops from Felix!

Snowflake wanted to unsheathe his knife because of Cuddle's comment... hell he even felt Violia wanting to take his knife and do it for him.... though there were more cons than pros for killing Cuddle especially if those cons were possible execution by the princess or complete annihilation of the Shadow Bolts... plus Snowflake didn't like to kill..... unless he was getting paid... Snowflake kept his hood over his eye and listened very carefully to everyone

Sig2.jpg

Rune listened, watching the drama rolling out but that tended to happen when you had a lot of strong types of personality. Cuddle still seemed caught on being the “leader” of their group while Snow seemed to in passing thoughts of gutting the mare which Rune might agreed to a point but killing with out reason was not her thing.

“I may as well get this the buck over huh?” Rune said, sounding bored and rolling her eyes,” Names Rune, Seeker Merc Caption. Mostly we keep north and stuff in the Crystal Empire and such. My strong traits are : lighting magic, magical metal smith and crafting, alchemy, sigils and tracking.”

Having stated her traits, or some of them the unicorn thought to keep skills to herself till she got to know more of these ponies and the given job but she did a softer smile at Violia, “I've used dark magic as some ponies might label it but magic is energy if anything its just us who put labels on it. Also I have traveled a bit as well but I'm not looking to be leader, got a nuff of that back home.”

HAPd9iV.png.6735adea9023e498213c6ac62728b196.png

(edited)

Violia looks to Rune as she mentions dark magic. It came as a surprise that another pony beside herself, would use such a dark art. Though Violia knows much more about the art than she cares to share. She has seen what overusing or abusing the power of dark magic can do. Those that she as seen use it have become monsters, like her mother. She then sighs and looks away as thoughts of her mother rush through her head. She remembers her mother as a demon but never knew her as a pony. Some have said her mother was a pony once that was corrupted by her practice. She even saw her mother get sealed away by Princess Celestia all those years ago, though she never thought that the very same Princess of Equestria would even call on her for such a task as searching new lands.

Celestia could see it in Violia's eyes that she was thinking about her long since... banished mother. She couldn't help but feel sad herself. Violia was such a young little filly at the time when Celestia sealed away her mother to the underworld. She had no choice in the matter, if she didn't stop her... then all of Equestria would of been in ruin. Though in some way, she could feel Violia's pain. She knows what it's like to lose a loved one. Her own sister... She had no choice but to send her to the moon with the elements over a thousand years ago... that pain still haunts her, even now with Luna in her arms.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade

"Love and Hate are two different sides of the same coin. Both are feelings that are indescribable. One is felt often while the other is typically felt by those who cannot comprehend right from wrong." - Me

"In my time as a reaper of souls, I've learned to never take anything seriously unless it means my life. Chaos and Control are forms of the life flow, nothing more. Pain and heartbreak are no different, just a flow of events." - Sadist

"I know there is no use to prey, I am a demon today. We all are demons today" - Combichrist

With a loud yawn Cobalt lays down in the shallowest part of the water letting it cool her off. It was relaxing here and it was a nice quiet place for her to think. Ever since she got her cutie mark the days seemed to have gotten long and boring, not counting the short trips into the edge of the forest. However, there hadn't even been any danger there yet so those trips themselves were also dull. She couldn't help but wonder if her mom would visit soon. It had been nearly three months since the last visit. While her mom wasn't the nicest pony and dodged Cobalt's questions about her father she was still Cobalt's only link to the pony she never knew.

sig-32904.sig-32904.sig-32904.sig-386639

Sig by Destiny

“Blunt Rune, blunt as always,” he thought, smiling a bit from under his hat but the earth stallion knew all had their go ground which left only him but what to say?

Smokey Gold looked up, eyes on the Solar Princess of the world and only kept on the lazy look, if anything looked a touch bored. “Well now, seems it's my turn huh? Names Smokey Gold, I got named after my dad's favorite whiskey in Smokey and the Gold from my Ma's last name. Mostly I make a liven as a tracker and hunter. I'm that pony that gets called in to hunt the baddies or find some lost ponies or a criminal trying to run.”

His voice had a bit of accent in having lived in Appleloosa but he kept a talking, “Just to make sure yall are ok, I happen to use a gun or guns in my weapon choice. “

Letting things settle he looked to the Princess but his face changed to something a bit more straight ,” So Sun Lady, mind tell us ponies why you took us out of our everyday lives to come to be summon here?”

(edited)

Celestia smiles and she nods. She was sure everypony was ready for an explanation now that pleasantries were out of the way. "With you all here, I think it's time. The reason for your gathering is because of the kind of skills you all have that you hold special to you. It's because of this that I decided to go a bit of a new route. I would send the Elements though their they are already on their own little adventures as it is normally, but with you 'rag tag' group of ponies, as some of you think of it as, I think a proper adventure outside what your use to will allow to get to know those you will work with even more than you do now. This will make for proper survival on a possibly harsh government of an island. Now I know some of you know that I picked you due the kind of skills what would seem most reliable... but for those of you that are unsure, you were picked because of talents that could be more use than harm to the ponies with you and even expand upon your skills more." Celestia says with a smile. She does seem like she is telling the truth. Was it really merely a mission of friendship or does the fair princess have more in store for them? "Now if there is any questions, speak now. Otherwise, you are dismissed." Her eyes then land on Violia. "Violia, could you stay back a moment when everypony leaves?"

Violia nods and she sighs. She wonder if it has to do with her behavior at the earlier in the meeting. She tired to prevent herself from harming anypony. She wasn't the type to hurt unless she was truly pushed.

Snowflake stands there thinking "so let me get this straight Princess, because these elements of harmony that have been making my Mercenary group look like villains, (before the Elements of harmony Snowflake's Shadow Bolts where saving Equestria from all sorts of things.... now their deeds have been forgotten and the're seen as criminals) aren't available and your sending us presumably with some guards to an uncharted island with an unknown inhabitant to expand land for your empire?.... I would easily take this land for the Shadow Bolts but your the one paying me so it will be done"

Sig2.jpg

Celestia sighs. "I see your concerns but this is no time to be picking at wounds. As for the exploration to the island, I can send guards to watch you if you wish but I didn't consider such a thing as not thinking it was needed." She then looks to the others. "Any other questions?"

Violia kept quiet and waited for everypony to leave. She was more worried about what Celestia has to say to her. Though it seems there could be some interesting things to see ahead once they are on their way.

Snowflake stays quiet and thinks to himself "if she and her sister weren't immortal Equestria would of been mine..... errg don't say that.... you have no reason to hate her....." Snowflake looks back at the others who aren't saying anything "alright then.... just a few concerns..... are we going by air or sea?..... and where do we depart from?"

• Brohoof 1

Sig2.jpg

Celestia smiles. "Considering the distance, I have readied a royal cruse ship to get you there. It's one of my smaller ones but it'll get the job done getting to the island. It's made of materials that can handle the rough conditions of the seas, so don't worry about that. As for where you will depart from, there is a small Mariana in which I have the royal cruse ship. Do not worry, you all will be sent by carriage there since it'll be quite a trip by hoof or air." Celestia says with a big smile. She seemed pretty proud of herself.

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle listens to it all, but misses one factor. "I have a question. How much are we getting paid? I mean, I love a good adventure, but I like a bit of a reward for my labours." She gave a pleasant smile. "And what would be the currency? Bits? Jewels? Artifacts? Or all three combined? Or two? Or..." She stopped herself, probablyannoying everyone. Good. One's true colours can only be shown on a black canvas, she thought.

Bright looked down and said. "I don't want any pay, I'd rather donate my shares to any group who needs it... If there's pay at all. I mean if you want to pay my share that is..." He looked up and smiled. "Making new friends is it's own reward!"

Cuddle quickly thought: You know... For an annoying little smile in a box, he's actually really nice... I think I'll refrain from thinking ad thngs about Bright.

Bored? Want to be more bored! Check out my channel (and sub :P) to wait for the upcoming abridged series!

"What series is that good sir?" - Interested Bystander (IB)

Why, it is My Little Overlord! :D

"That name sucks..." - IB<p>

;-; Just check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIggp2B4qIFsPJrZ-mdKnCA Also, support MLP: The Game if you can! https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/sig-4657732.MLP-The%20Game%20Icon.gif

Celestia was a bit surprised that it had to be asked. Yes, they would get a reward for doing this. "Of course you'll get a reward for the job. But that'll be discusses once you all return to me." She says. She knew that the question would come up. Bright however brought her hope that not all ponies would be greedy. It was a nice to see. "If there is no other questions, you all are dismissed."

Violia kept quiet as they all talked. She really didn't have much else to say.

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle nodded understandingly. "Of course, your highness." She bows dramatically, and turns to walk away. "It was nice meeting you all... And I can't wait for you to work with me." She left with attitude. After the door slammed shut behind her, she sighed with relief, and walked outside to check out Canterlot a little more...

Bright nodded then. "Well, I guess I'll leave too then... There's so many ponies to make friends here in the city!" He hops out of the room with a big grin. And thought: I'm glad I didn't need to frighten them with my story...

Bored? Want to be more bored! Check out my channel (and sub :P) to wait for the upcoming abridged series!

;-; Just check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIggp2B4qIFsPJrZ-mdKnCA Also, support MLP: The Game if you can! https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/sig-4657732.MLP-The%20Game%20Icon.gif

After a bit of relaxing Cobalt yawned and got to her feet and headed out of the water drying herself off and heading inland. She didn't have to long to explore the outside edges of the forest but hopefully enough to find something new. She had already found a few interesting flowers and hoped to find more. Though she doubted she would find any as pretty as the two she used to cross breed her first flower. She couldn't help but glance at her cutie mark with a smile as the memory crossed her mind. 

• Brohoof 1

Sig by Destiny

(edited)

Celestia looks to Violia as the others leave. "I saw earlier that you were having a issue with Cuddle. I know that this is hard for you, but I only ask that you bare these ponies for your journey."

Violia nods and sighs.

Celestia then sighs herself. "I assume your mother is on your mind? I am truly sorry that you had to deal with that. No one deserves to be without parents... I had no choice but to seal her away. Lylac was a kind pony before her transformation into a demon. I wonder what drove her to use dark magic..."

Voilia then sighs once again in silence.

Celestia then nods. "It's alright. I do know you are a half demon... though I do pray that your darker powers will not come out during this journey. If it has to however... do everything in your power to use your dark gift to protect your fellow ponies. You are a once in a life time rare demon to show compassion to others that are mortal. The fact that you have a gentle nature despite what you are is amazing to say the least."

Violia nods sadly. "I didn't ask to be what I am but I will protect those I'm journeying with. I don't want to fail you or them. I wish I could of done something for mom but-"

Celestia cuts her off. "Don't worry about your mother. Your stars are not her's. Besides, I think deep in her heart she still cares for you. Worry about yourself my young one. Maybe you can learn to be happy with other pones once you see that not all will judge you for your gifts."

Violia nods. "O-Okay... I understand."

Celestia smiles. "Okay, you may go. I'm sure the others will be ready soon. A carriage will be ready shortly."

Violia smiles some and she heads on out after the others. Maybe Celestia was right, maybe she can make friends. Though she wouldn't know what to do till they were sent off on their way to the marina.

~~~

A while later Violia rests at the Royal Gardens and the other ponies look to be talking about what they will need to do. She sighs as wonders how she could help them... if she could. Maybe it was time she interacted a bit. She did promise Celestia that she would get along with her partners for this journey.

• Brohoof 1

(Gentle)

Starchase honestly didn't need any reward for this venture. The adventure was reward enough for him. But if she was insisting, who was he to turn it down. And boy was he glad to be away from that Cuddles character. He took the chance to roam the castle some more as they scattered.

• Brohoof 1

Snowflake always loved a good adventure.... especially if his life was on the line.... "then lets make haste we have no time to lose" Snowflake walks back to the train station waiting for the train to come and from there he'll walk to the marina... Snowflake had never seen the marina so he couldn't teleport there..... unicorn can only teleport to areas they have seen....

• Brohoof 1

Sig2.jpg

(@@Swinton: Thanks for that catch. I for some reason have trouble spelling that word among others.)

Violia noticed Snowflake in a hurry to the station. She figures that Snow really wants to get to the marina. It's fine. He'll need to wait for the others anyway before shoving off by ship. Violia looks around and sees Starchase still wandering the castle grounds. At least it wasn't that one arrogant pony who though she was all that... what was her name? Cuddle? Yeah, Cuddle. Ironic name for a pony which has such a attitude. Violia shakes her head of her and she walks on over to Star's side. "Hey, mind if I walk with you a bit?..." Shes asks softly.

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle went to the library to see if she could find any information about the new happenings in Equestria. Thinks: I wonder how much I've missed in six years... Probably not much. She then walks up to the librarian and asks. "Excuse me, do you have any recent news about anything that happened in Equestria these last six years... I don't expect..." The librarian pulled out a stack of magazines.

"Here you go. We were going to throw these away so, you can just keep them." The librarian smiled. Cuddle was a little surprised for an actual response. Thinks: You got what you asked for... Cuddle took the bundle, regretfully, and left with it.

Bright hopped happily around, and said hi to everypony he saw. Spreading a bit of joy in those who were unhappy due to some concern, even stopping to chat with those who responded. Bright was having the time of his life!

(Because there's the time skip, I'll add this post :3 Oops...)

Cuddle walked to the train station, dragging her hooves along the way. "So... Much... Useless... Information..." She breathed, feeling tired looking through the daily happenings in Equestria. She only got interested at some parts, but most she already heard about in Ponyville.

Bright found that he needed to go to the train station too, and politely leaves the conversation, then once out of sight, he runs at an impossible speed to the train station.

Edited by Overlord0909

And rolling with the time skip. Cobalt has made it to the edge of the forest. She always had a little fear when she entered. The stories of evil spirits and monsters living inside the forest having been told to her, her whole life. Still she always found the courage to enter so that she might find new things. Taking a deep breath she takes the few steps forward into the forest. No sooner is she in the trees then her surroundings are much darker as if the forest never held much light. 

• Brohoof 2

Sig by Destiny

Rune walked out, keeping her thoughts in her mind for the moment on what was going to happen but did it have to be a bucking boat and seas? The idea of being in open water with no land minus the craft under her hooves got the unicorn warrior to shiver in the idea. Waves hitting the boat and the rocking was already making her inners twist.

“Why a boat? I hate water and I hate boats!” Rune muttered, shaking her head and mane and thinking of saying she was not going!

“Afraid of a little water Rune?” Smokey grin in his lazy fashion and only kept on the act of not really caring bout the world.

Shooting the tracker a dirty look, “Buck off Gold, I got some stuff to do as do you before this so called trip funded by the crown.”

“Yah don't trust her?”

Looking, Smokey's gaze had slide to something more stern in thoughts, “No, I've never trust the Royalty of Canterlot Gold. Only the blind who wish to follow without question do, seeing what they want to keep in the ways of Harmony. Why my ancestor Starbeard asked em to rule I don't know in truth. Would you trust em? Given the powers they hold over us in rising the sun and etc?”

Smokey knew Rune, she questions a lot but some things better off not to push, “You clan's been loyal to the sisters for eons Rune, why make a wave when none need not be?”

“Talk later, get your things, I''ll get mine. Meet at the train place.” She shot back, dropping the subject as the two broke to get their things.

(time skip)

Rune looked around, seeing Snow and Cuddle and Bright .

Edited by Tao

@@Vemillia Nightshade

Starchase was still doing his own little exploration of the castle when a mare approached him. He'd last seen her talking to Princess Celestia. Violia, he believed that was what her name was.

"I don't mind at all. I'd love some company." He smiled at her softly.

Violia smiles and she walks along with him. She was still rather quiet but she did wonder if they should talk talk about something. She just didn't know what to say. It was almost ackward to just walk along with somepony and not say anything. It was odd but her mind goes blank as soon as she interacts with ponies.