open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (RP)

P-Jay

ruby tensed, seeing it come at her. she tried to roll sideways, but it still scraped her face. and it stung. "yow!" ruby got up, looking at her, and started trying to analyze her stance...on all fours...sword in her mouth...then...how wold she block against a rising slash? she dashed at her, and like she thought, gripped her sword, and made a slash going from the ground up.

Red side-stepped quickly, blocking the slash going upward.

Now she had somewhat of an advantage-- she had her entire body weight, and Ruby, swinging upward, was at a more awkward angle, with only the strength of her forelegs holding her sword. She pushed down, attempting to pin Ruby's sword to the ground.

@Little Red

Ruby felt her make her counterattack, and she went for a confusing tactic.

She let her sword get wrenched from her grip, and was already throwing a hard right hook. Red wouldn't foresee her doing that! Just abandoning her sword like that!

...right?

At least, she hoped.

@

“What?” The last thing Ash expected to happen was to have some pony hop up to him and speak to him as if they were old friends. That is if what was coming out of this pink pony’s mouth were actual words; maybe he understood something about friends and something broken and bendy, most likely talking about his wing.

“Ugh, could you talk any faster?” Ash said with a deep growl, “I’m surprised my ears aren’t bleeding now with how ungodly high the frequency of your voice is.”

@,

Red felt the sudden weight lift and the sword fell to the ground. She blinked, realizing something was off, and was already jumping back, but the hook hit her square in the jaw. She thought she felt something snap. Her jaw felt slightly out of it, for sure.

She snapped it back into place and felt pain run through her. Oh well, it least it hadn't been her leg or something. But boy would it be painful to eat for a few days.

She tensed again, grinning slightly (her jaw hurt as she did this). She had rather liked Ruby's tactic. She moved forward again, turning almost 180 degrees so that her hind leg could kick at Ruby's side while she slashed (a little awkwardly) at the side of Ruby's face.

(edited)

@Little Red

Ruby had snatched her sword up from the ground when red jumped back.

And then she braced her stomach, and took the kick to the side.

And then she grabbed her leg. Sure, her rib was more then likely fractured, but she can endure that for now.

The slash her face was dodged, by leaning as far back as she could. although ruby's nose caught on the tip of the blade, however, and started to bleed. Once again she was sure she could tank it.

Sh started bending the leg that kicked her, aiming to break it.

Brutal, she knew, but from she had heard, the healing they have here is phenomenal.

Edited by PeytonJay
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Ruby was, of course, very strong, Red reflected as Ruby grabbed her leg. She couldn't turn to prevent the breaking, for fear of Ruby slashing her with her sword, but otherwise she would have a broken leg unless she acted fast.

She let the three legs balancing her collapse under her, so she was lower than Ruby now (but her leg hurt even more-- she might have heard a snap just there). She was still clashing swords with Ruby, but with her other hind leg kicked upward at Ruby's gut.

@Little Red

Ruby thought victory was certain, until she saw a kick coming at her, and attempted to dodge way too late.

She stumbled back, clutching her stomach.

She knew she had. High tolerance for pain, but this was ridiculous. She had struck in the solor plexus, one of the most vulnerable spots on the body.

and it hurt like hell.

She raised he sword again. Her movements would be slowed, due to the damage she had taken so far.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Red felt oddly bad about kicking Ruby in such a bad spot. She never felt bad about hurting others-- not really-- but Ruby was something of a friend.

She ignored the thought and began a charge, but as she stepped on the hind leg Ruby had been holding, pain shot through her.

Was it fractured, or just some sort of strain? She hoped for the latter. Whatever, she would nurse it later.

She moved forward again, more carefully, limping just a little. She clashed swords with her again, and pulled out a throwing knife. Attempting to keep Ruby's sword locked with her own, she held the knife in her hoof and stabbed towards Ruby's shoulder quickly.

@Little Red

Ruby clashed, and she saw the knife heading towards her.

She grinned, knowing it was time for another recklass move.

She shifted her head, and timed it out.

She bit down on the knife as hard as she could, leaning back to absorb most of the impact. For a terrifying moment, the knife started to slid in. She bit down harder, and it finally stopped. And even then, she was sure the back of her mouth was starting to bleed. A few of her teeth were chipped from biting so hard.

Man she was taking a lot of damage. She could even feel unconscious seeping in.

She tried for a kick of her own, aiming for red's side.

But her actions were slowed, it should be easy to Dodge.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Oh, Celestia. Had Ruby just done that?

...Well, now both their mouths were injured.

She attempted to dodge the kick, dropping the knife from her hoof and leaving it in Ruby's mouth, but her leg dragged her down. It hit her, but she has just gotten the end of the kick and she withstood it.

"That was the best block I've ever seen," Red rasped, impressed. She wouldn't ever have thought of that.

She didn't have too much energy for an airborne strike, but she would try.

She jumped high into the air and angled herself towards Ruby, sword ready, and she began to fall, about to hit Ruby hard. If Ruby blocked her, the force of the fall and Red's weight would probably drag her down. Hopefully, Red was going too fast to dodge, but what she had been about to do had been rather obvious in Red's tired state.

Ruby was still fighting off unconsciousness.

"Thanks, I get that a lot." She said, upon hearing red's comment.

Her vision was edged with black lines that were getting bigger, and she had barely started to move when red did her air attack. Her sword barely blocked the strike, and they were both sent tumbling down.

Ruby's head hit the ground with a bad-sounding crack! and she tried to hold onto consciousness, but her brain said 'you will sleep NOW'

Ruby's eyes fluttered once, and she started snoring.

• Brohoof 2

@,

Red blinked, stumbling off Ruby. She rubbed her head, groaning. She had gotten dehydrated, she needed water soon.

She dug in her pouch, pulling out bandages. She bandaged her leg, then limped to Ruby. She was worried for the mare-- she might have gotten a concussion in that last little tussle.

She edged under Ruby, sliding her over her shoulders. She got up tremulously and began moving in the direction of the hospital.

Kazas let go of Tyra's hoof, and bowed his head in respect as well. Hearing that the fight was being announced, he decided upon quickening events, until Sifana had spoken.

It was then that the little Minotaur girl ran up to Tyra, and hugged her unexpectedly. Sifana spoke, in a worried voice.

" okay... But don't hurt each other playing too much, please... I love papa very much, and you're my first friend since brother Ren..."

Lorec looked on, his daughter's ribbon still in hand from earlier. He smiled at Sifana and Tyra warmly, but at the same time, he knew that this fight would be increasingly brutal, as he would not hold back, and for good reasons.

Kazas, speaking over back to Lorec, asked him.

" so... Have you two chosen a venue?"

Lorec nodded. He spoke back to Kazas with a serious voice, smile disappearing.

"..... Daxion fortress. The burial grounds..."

Kazas, losing almost all color in his face and a look of concern creeping upon his gait, spoke in an almost sorrowful tone.

" Lorec... Are you... Sure....?"

" this is the one, Kazas. You know it. I know it. It wouldn't be an honor duel otherwise. And I am positive that Tyra is like me, with an ' anywhere, anytime' mentality. One of the reasons I chose her.

"... Very well. Let us proceed into the arena. Lorec, Tyra, please follow."

Kazas said as he started to make his way inside the arena.

Lorec followed, allowing Sifana to have her time with Tyra. All the while, Sifana hugged Tyra tighter. She started to whimper, and spoke softly. It was evident that she was afraid of either of them getting hurt badly.

" so you'll both be okay at the end, right? I'll still have you both... Right?"

Tyra blinked once with surprise at the sudden hug from Sifana. She smiled and returned it.

She listened to Lorec's choice of venue, and didn't object. Obviously it had some significance to these two, so it would be dishonourable to speak against it. Besides, he was correct; she wasn't picky about where they fought, as long as they fought with honour.

She let out a little grunt as the little Minotaur squeezed her tighter.

"You have nothing to worry about, my friend," she assured her, increasing her own hugging power, "Your father and I will both walk out of this battle, alive and well."

"The fashion industry's been going well, actually." Rarity replied. "It seems like everypony around Equestria knows my name, my product's, or one of my connections. Recently, however, i've been branching out. I've decided to dedicate a large amount of my time to gemwork, as well. This necklace right here," she said looking down, "is one of the results of that work. Isn't it beautiful?"

Tyra blinked once with surprise at the sudden hug from Sifana. She smiled and returned it.

She listened to Lorec's choice of venue, and didn't object. Obviously it had some significance to these two, so it would be dishonourable to speak against it. Besides, he was correct; she wasn't picky about where they fought, as long as they fought with honour.

She let out a little grunt as the little Minotaur squeezed her tighter.

"You have nothing to worry about, my friend," she assured her, increasing her own hugging power, "Your father and I will both walk out of this battle, alive and well."

The little Minotaur loosened up her hug a tinge, and relaxed when she heard Tyra's reassurances. Sifana spoke, no longer whimpering.

" Thank you, Tyra... I'll cheer for you and papa together, okay?"

She broke away lightly from the hug, and began to walk with Syuren and the others to the stands. She knew that she couldn't go where her father was going now.

Lorec started to make his way to the combatant's area, With Sifana's ribbon in his hand...

[ KAZAS]

As they were entering the arena, Kazas turned around, and gave one more order to the entirety of the ursa unit.

" All personnel are to report to the arena viewpoint!"

@

Kazas walked toward Vera, smiling lightly as the others made their way to the arena. Stopping just in front of her, he spoke.

" so... What did you think? Are you ready to see an exciting fight?"

The little Minotaur loosened up her hug a tinge, and relaxed when she heard Tyra's reassurances. Sifana spoke, no longer whimpering.

" Thank you, Tyra... I'll cheer for you and papa together, okay?"

She broke away lightly from the hug, and began to walk with Syuren and the others to the stands. She knew that she couldn't go where her father was going now.

Lorec started to make his way to the combatant's area, With Sifana's ribbon in his hand...

"Aye, your cheering will boost our spirits in the fight," Tyra said, smiling as she gently broke away from the hug, "We will make sure you enjoy it."

As Sifana walked away to the stands, she entered the combatant's area with Lorec, taking a deep breath. A shudder of anticipation ran through her body.

She began hopping in place, psyching herself up for the upcoming fight.

"I will give this battle everything I have," she muttered to herself, "as I do every battle."

(edited)

@,

Yuki blinked, "Gemwork? Isn't that interesting? I'm a traveling jeweler. I find, cut, and shape rare gemstones for my customers. It's been going pretty well for me too." She sighed before continuing, "But it's kind of a blessing an a curse being so successful. Icy moved out at a young age because he didn't want to live off my money. Which is kinda foolish, but ambitious. 2 things he knows how to be very well."

She frowned slightly as her voice began to break, "It seems like he's been happy living on his own for the past year-and-a-half. I'm just hoping that he's made good friends since he's been here. If there's one thing Icesius won't do: It's leave his friends behind. It's practically the code of the Ice Clan."

She sniffed, looked up to Rarity, and laughed, "Hehe...sorry if I sounded a bit sad just then."

---------------------------------------

Kazas walked toward Vera, smiling lightly as the others made their way to the arena. Stopping just in front of her, he spoke. " so... What did you think? Are you ready to see an exciting fight?

Vera smoked on her cigarette and replied, "Let's see what happens then...."

Edited by Ice Blizzard

(edited)

@

Kazas smiled, and nodded. He pulled out a ciggerete of his own, and lit it with the fire of Ezerepth's gift.

" it feels great to be in love with someone who can tolerate the second-claw smoke. By the way, Vera, I do not know how extreme this fight will be, but.. I'd like to visit Lorec afterwards. I'm sure he would like to meet you as well. And then after that...."

He leaned in closer, and, for the first time since the relationship had begun... Spoke in a sensual tone that was quite honestly very surprising, given how uptight Kazas had been before. His beak was right next to Vera's ear as he spoke.

" we can go out with my other friends... Or we could go out alone... And you would have me completely to yourself."

He then pulled back a little, and took the ciggerete from his beak, and kissed her lightly on the cheek. He winked at her with his good eye, which would actually seem a bit goofy, considering the other was slashed shut permanently. Was he playfully getting her back for the raunchiness at the embassy earlier? Or... Was he expressing desire?

Lorec had already come out to the grounds of the arena, and was standing there, waiting for the arena to work it's magic. It was curious how this arena could become any location in the world... Such feats of architectural prowess must take a grand amount of magical power. He faced away from where Tyra would be coming in, with his bandaged arms crossed, silently reflecting on many things... The arena would twist and contort as soon as Tyra trotted in. And what she would see... Would be a gaze into the past. He wore no armor. Only a sleeveless tunic and trousers that cut off at about his lower shins, allowing for mobility. His bandages covered his upper body completely under the tunic, from his lower stomach, all the way up to his collarbone, even engulfing his arms. This was the only armor he ever wore anymore.... Not to shield from physical attacks, but to cover the streaks that life had painted upon his body, with some of those streaks being from moments that still pained him.

Lorec wanted this fight to be the one where he could shed his armor. Permanently.

Edited by Hokuto's Heir

Lorec had already come out to the grounds of the arena, and was standing there, waiting for the arena to work it's magic. It was curious how this arena could become any location in the world... Such feats of architectural prowess must take a grand amount of magical power. He faced away from where Tyra would be coming in, with his bandaged arms crossed, silently reflecting on many things... The arena would twist and contort as soon as Tyra trotted in. And what she would see... Would be a gaze into the past. He wore no armor. Only a sleeveless tunic and trousers that cut off at about his lower shins, allowing for mobility. His bandages covered his upper body completely under the tunic, from his lower stomach, all the way up to his collarbone, even engulfing his arms. This was the only armor he ever wore anymore.... Not to shield from physical attacks, but to cover the streaks that life had painted upon his body, with some of those streaks being from moments that still pained him.

Lorec wanted this fight to be the one where he could shed his armor. Permanently.

Tyra trotted out onto the arena, facing Lorec acrossed from her. As she entered, the arena around her began to contort and shapeshift, which took her by surprise. The next thing she knew, she was on the grounds of some sand-coated ruins, facing a minotaur wearing a tunic and bandages all around his arms and torso.

She knew this was important to Lorec, so she would have to give it her all.

"As I do every battle." She repeated to herself.

She took a few steps forward, eyes fixed on the minotaur's. She put a hoof across her chest and to her heart, giving Lorec a bow of the head. A sign from her homeland, of respect and a wish of fortune to a worthy opponent.

She lowered herself down and dragged her hoof along the floor, as if she were preparing to charge. She was ready to fight.

Kazas smiled, and nodded. He pulled out a ciggerete of his own, and lit it with the fire of Ezerepth's gift. " it feels great to be in love with someone who can tolerate the second-claw smoke. By the way, Vera, I do not know how extreme this fight will be, but.. I'd like to visit Lorec afterwards. I'm sure he would like to meet you as well. And then after that...." He leaned in closer, and, for the first time since the relationship had begun... Spoke in a sensual tone that was quite honestly very surprising, given how uptight Kazas had been before. His beak was right next to Vera's ear as he spoke. " we can go out with my other friends... Or we could go out alone... And you would have me completely to yourself." He then pulled back a little, and took the ciggerete from his beak, and kissed her lightly on the cheek. He winked at her with his good eye, which would actually seem a bit goofy, considering the other was slashed shut permanently. Was he playfully getting her back for the raunchiness at the embassy earlier? Or... Was he expressing desire?

Vera blushed for a moment. She liked the sound of that, but how to respond, "Slow down there, big boy. You'll get your chance soon enough.....That is..if you can handle this," she made her tail intertwine with Kazas's lion tail, "Such a hot mess you are....." she whispered before laughing.

(edited)

Tyra trotted out onto the arena, facing Lorec acrossed from her. As she entered, the arena around her began to contort and shapeshift, which took her by surprise. The next thing she knew, she was on the grounds of some sand-coated ruins, facing a minotaur wearing a tunic and bandages all around his arms and torso.

She knew this was important to Lorec, so she would have to give it her all.

"As I do every battle." She repeated to herself.

She took a few steps forward, eyes fixed on the minotaur's. She put a hoof across her chest and to her heart, giving Lorec a bow of the head. A sign from her homeland, of respect and a wish of fortune to a worthy opponent.

She lowered herself down and dragged her hoof along the floor, as if she were preparing to charge. She was ready to fight.

Looking at Tyra, he beat his chest with his left fist once, and held it toward his heart. A Saduarian Tauric show of respect. Interesting how their warrior cultures mirrored each other. In that left fist, was Sifana's ribbon that he held tightly, over his heart. He then dropped his hand back down to his side. What happened next, would probably be of great surprise to Tyra.

Instead of drawing the Zweihander on his back, he turned away from Tyra. All around them, was a flat, dusty wasteland. Behind Lorec, a crumbled fortress, surrounded on all three sides by steep cliffs. Behind Tyra and quite a ways away, a great river. And in the land between these two constructs.... Weapons jutting out from the ground. Axes, swords, spears... All too large for any normal griffon or pony to use. These were Tauric weapons. Each one had a white ribbon tied to it, similar to the one Lorec held. It was very clear... That this had been the site of a battle. Lorec, now facing away from Tyra, and toward the fortress that had all but been destroyed, seemingly from inside as much of it had crumbled into itself, stood resolute. Back facing Tyra, he motioned for her to come to him, though not in an aggressive way... Was he... Wanting to speak before they battled?

Vera blushed for a moment. She liked the sound of that, but how to respond, "Slow down there, big boy. You'll get your chance soon enough.....That is..if you can handle this," she made her tail intertwine with Kazas's lion tail, "Such a hot mess you are....." she whispered before laughing.

Kazas laughed as well, and proceeded to the stands with Vera. He liked the intertwining of tails for some reason. Hers felt very soft. Very comforting. It would not be long until he was able to see the arena, and the way it had changed, along with his friends sitting nearby. They were about to get started.

But not before Kazas snuck one more playful line in.

" I hun... I balance ambassador work with being a leader. I think I can handle it... And a lot more as well."

Edited by Hokuto's Heir

No, it's quite alright," Rarity replied quickly. "I didn't even know there was ice clan, though. Ice Blizzard has never mentioned them from what I can recall..."

She hesitated, deliberating whether she should ask the question on her mind, and wondering how o go about it. She settled for straight to the heart, and followed it.

"If you don't mind me asking..." she began, "Did something happen to the clan. You don't have to say if you don't want to," she added hurriedly, "that's perfectly alright with me."

Looking at Tyra, he beat his chest with his left fist once, and held it toward his heart. A Saduarian Tauric show of respect. Interesting how their warrior cultures mirrored each other. In that left fist, was Sifana's ribbon that he held tightly, over his heart. He then dropped his hand back down to his side. What happened next, would probably be of great surprise to Tyra.

Instead of drawing the Zweihander on his back, he turned away from Tyra. All around them, was a flat, dusty wasteland. Behind Lorec, a crumbled fortress, surrounded on all three sides by steep cliffs. Behind Tyra and quite a ways away, a great river. And in the land between these two constructs.... Weapons jutting out from the ground. Axes, swords, spears... All too large for any normal griffon or pony to use. These were Tauric weapons. Each one had a white ribbon tied to it, similar to the one Lorec held. It was very clear... That this had been the site of a battle. Lorec, now facing away from Tyra, and toward the fortress that had all but been destroyed, seemingly from inside as much of it had crumbled into itself, stood resolute. Back facing Tyra, he motioned for her to come to him, though not in an aggressive way... Was he... Wanting to speak before they battled?

Tyra tilted her head with confusion as Lorec turned away from her. She followed his gaze and found the weapons engraved in the dirt. They were some of the largest weapons she'd ever seen...they could only be Tauric.

Each one had a white ribbon, similar to the one she'd noticed Lorec carrying.

She was starting to piece the puzzle together; this arena was once the site of war, and is now a gravesite for those who had risked their lives in the field of battle.

Everything began to make sense.

Lorec turned to her again, and motioned her to approach. She hesitated; was this a sneak attack? To lure her in for a first blow?

She shook her head. No, this would not be his way. This was far too important to him.

She heeded his request and trotted across the field to her opponent, curious to see what he wanted.

Tyra tilted her head with confusion as Lorec turned away from her. She followed his gaze and found the weapons engraved in the dirt. They were some of the largest weapons she'd ever seen...they could only be Tauric.

Each one had a white ribbon, similar to the one she'd noticed Lorec carrying.

She was starting to piece the puzzle together; this arena was once the site of war, and is now a gravesite for those who had risked their lives in the field of battle.

Everything began to make sense.

Lorec turned to her again, and motioned her to approach. She hesitated; was this a sneak attack? To lure her in for a first blow?

She shook her head. No, this would not be his way. This was far too important to him.

She heeded his request and trotted across the field to her opponent, curious to see what he wanted.

Lorec, still staring toward the fortress with arms crossed, expected Tyra to be upon him very soon. It would also be very clear that the fortress was not the only thing that Lorec was standing in front of. As Tyra came closer, She would notice that Lorec was also standing in front of two specific graves, side by side. The one to the left had two swords crossed in the shape of an X sticking from it, the ribbon hanging from the pommel of the right sword. The grave to the right bolstered a great spear, nearly the size of Lorec himself. The ribbon was tied to the spear around the top of the shaft, and blew in the wind. The sky was in its afternoon state, teetering on evening.

Lorec, when he could hear Tyra within earshot, spoke.

" Krigare... Not just anyone is allowed on a Saduarian burial ground for a duel. When a Minotaur chooses to fight where the souls of former allies, ancestors, and family look upon them, then it is the highest honor that he can extend to a foreign warrior. However, these grounds have a history, as do all burial sites do. Before we do battle.... What is war to you, Tyra? And after you answer that question... Allow me time for one story. Then this battle shall commence."

(edited)

@,

Yuki sighed for a moment before continuing, "Well, you see, the ice clan was one of the smaller clans that resided north of the Crystal Empire. We always enjoyed having love and peace. And the clan would have several rules to uphold:

1. Watch out for the elderly and foals.

2. Always stand by your friends.

3. Choose one pony you love. Stay by them forever, and keep them close.

There were many more than that, but those were the main rules that we had to follow. And each of the clan members would recie---"

She and Rarity were suddenly whisked away from their chairs, and were instantly receiving back massages with mud masks on their faces, "So as I was saying, our clan was pretty noble. I married into the clan. And I gave birth to Blizzard at 20. Although, since Icy was an earth pony and couldn't control ice at birth. my husband left me and I was with Ice on my own ever since."

She tried to hold back her tears to avoid messing up her face, as her voice broke again, "But I did my best as a mom to raise him on my own. Once he gott his powers from a crystal he found, he practiced them everyday until he got older. And look at him now, he's making it all on his own in the cruel world of Equestria. I'm so proud of him...I mean, he apparently has upheld our main clan rules pretty well if an Element of Harmony knows him. Tell me, has he been treating you well?"

Edited by Ice Blizzard