Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Song Requests or Ideas

Humble Hymn

(edited)

How it sounds? Well I guess it should have a somewhat fast tempo, (just looked up the lyrics to thunderstruck, can't watch video cuz I'm in class)maybe you could make it sound kinda like thunderstruck?

Edited by sonicdashie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

If you want me to work along these lines of thunderstruck, I could do the same thing I did with Caliber and the song he gave me, Frame of Mind. Basically I listened to the song and how it generally sounded, took only part of it that I needed for a shortened version, replaced the words with those more suited for the character, and left the "rhythm" of the song the same. 

But whatever is fine for you is what I'll try to make, so I can wait for as long as you need

Edited by Humble Hymn

(edited)

Want me to draw a picture for the song (the picture you have up while the song is going)

If you want me to work along these lines of thunderstruck, I could do the same thing I did with Caliber and the song he gave me, Frame of Mind. Basically I listened to the song and how it generally sounded, took only part of it that I needed for a shortened version, replaced the words with those more suited for the character, and left the "rhythm" of the song the same.

Sounds good to me

(Srry it's not quoting right :/)

Edited by sonicdashie

Well I want it to be your song as well, if you want to add a picture/drawing that represents LS in some way or whatever feel free to. Just if you do, make sure it's something I could save to a file so I can post it as the tumbnail and content of the YouTube music video.

I could always try to make your song unique like all my other originals, but it's up to you. With a song as the base like Thunderstruck, you get an idea of the song that you want and how it sounds. 

Just watched beginning of thunderstruck, ok I'm going to say, the way they sing it is really intense, (not really liking that), so hang on, let me look for any other song bases

Found nothing so, yeah, just use thunderstruck as the base (no screaming lyrics though please)

And I guess instead of the people saying 'thunder', they could say 'lightning' instead, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to

(edited)

I'm sorry if mine is to complicated for you

Well...I haven't exactly started on it yet, as I'm still waiting on more information about LS through your RP. Though I could have at least thought of something for how the song goes by now...sorry, I'll be sure to find a way to make it work out. 

Edited by Humble Hymn

I'm sorry if mine is to complicated for you

Also here is what the drawing looks like so far, what do you think?

Well I'm not an artist, but I think it looks very good so far

(edited)

@@sonicdashie

I should probably say that you're the most contributing requester I had so far. Like with your drawing for the music background, the updates you wanted on the song, and the music ides we went back and forth with, so sorry in advance if all the hard work you're putting into this song goes to waste because of the terrible work I might put into this song....

Oh my Celestia, are you still open? I'd just love a song based on Hibiscus Bloom! There's a link to her page in my sig :D

sure. Is there anything specific you want added or anything important that I should know of? Something Hawaiian? jk (unless that's what you want and I could attempt at) 

Edited by Humble Hymn

sure. Is there anything specific you want added or anything important that I should know of? Something Hawaiian? jk (unless that's what you want and I could attempt at) 

Well actually a Hawaiian sort of sound to it would be good :) I don't have any specific requirements, I'm sure you'll be able to work with the info on her page, like her shack etc... :3

Sorry if I get a tad impatient, Humble, but what about that thing I suggested a week ago?

Right, the awkward idea of a love duet between two stallions....I will have to admit that is...maybe just a little bit...awkward for me..

Nevertheless I shall try what I can to make a song for you. Though I will need to know a few things:

You gave me some information of the two ponies, is there any more I should know of?

Is there any information of the relationship between them I should put in the song, or do I make that part up?

Is there anything else specific you wanted in the song?

I already did a request for you, but you still made a second one before the two others who requested, so I'm conflicted between who's request I should work on first. Does it matter if I work with the other requests first if their song might be easier for me to make, or would you rather I work on yours since I did try to put it off?

I'll ask for more if I think of anything else.

Right, the awkward idea of a love duet between two stallions....I will have to admit that is...maybe just a little bit...awkward for me..

Nevertheless I shall try what I can to make a song for you. Though I will need to know a few things:

You gave me some information of the two ponies, is there any more I should know of?

Is there any information of the relationship between them I should put in the song, or do I make that part up?

Is there anything else specific you wanted in the song?

I already did a request for you, but you still made a second one before the two others who requested, so I'm conflicted between who's request I should work on first. Does it matter if I work with the other requests first if their song might be easier for me to make, or would you rather I work on yours since I did try to put it off?

I'll ask for more if I think of anything else.

OK then.

1. There isn't too much else info you really need about them. I did, however, change Plot so know he's got split personality disorder in which he's sometimes angry as all hell and sometimes harmful, and one here he's extremely calm and a bit over protective. Also, Jam is a bit of a femboy, and he is also extremely shy. Like, shyer than Fluttershy. Both, as I said, have British accents. Plot's is more elegant and Jam's is more comical-ish. If you can't do British accents, that's fine. Just try the first accents you can think for them.

2. Well, Plot Line didn't accept the relationship at first, and kind of gave Jam a black eye and a broken hoof (which he immediately regretted) , but later agreed when really desperate for Hearts and Hooves Day

3. There's one thing: don't cheat and use Tubby Wubby Pony Waifu, though, I am pretty sure that's not what you're thinking of.

I know you may be overbooked with work, but can i request a ship song between my oc paradox and octavia? I can give you an idea for it if you would like to hear my ideas. And i know its dumb, i just really like tavi. XD

(edited)

Ok so I just kind of thought of something that could go in the song, you don't have to use it if you don't want to, but here it is:

(Edited)

First you hear lightning crash

Then she flys by in a flash

What do you think about it? (You're the music expert, that's why I'm asking)

Edited by sonicdashie

(edited)

Ok so I just kind of thought of something that could go in the song, you don't have to use it if you don't want to, but here it is:

(Edited)

First you hear lightning crash

Then she flys by in a flash

What do you think about it? (You're the music expert, that's why I'm asking)

1 I wouldn't call myself an expert...

2 It's pretty good, I could use that in the song as well as a starting point for how the song plays out

3 sorry I didn't reply earlier, was working on another request

@

I tried...using two different tones of voices from one person in one song is harder than it seems for me, and trying to use them together at the same time just creates an echo (at least with the way I'm trying to it)...also I'm not sure if it's possible to sing with a british accent, as even most british singers lose their accents when singing (from what I just learned) so I don't want to create a song, forcing an accent into it...sorry 

Lyrics:

Jam:

I was young and I was hopeless

Abandoned with out a home

I couldn't ever see the light 

For a long time I was alone

But you were there when needed

You stood by next to me

When I knew you were there

I was happy as could be

Plot:

You were kind and so charming

In ways I was yet to know

I was foolish to ignore it

Afraid and just said no

But now I truly see you 

As the one that I shall love

And there is no other pony

That I will treat more above

Both:

Our love will conquer all 

No matter what we face

As long as I have you

I'll have something to embrace

Jam:

Some may call it strange

Plot:

While some may just hate

Both:

But when I look at you

I will always say it's fate

Jam:

You always stayed with me

Plot:

As well as you did too

Both: 

Nothing will ever break us

That is always true

So far we will go

We will never stop

There is no competition

As we will always be on top

Edited by Humble Hymn

Um, this is your choice whether you are ok this or not, but, do you think I could help come up with some of the songs lyrics? (Not all, just a few) I'm pretty creative and I think that could be useful...

Um, this is your choice whether you are ok this or not, but, do you think I could help come up with some of the songs lyrics? (Not all, just a few) I'm pretty creative and I think that could be useful...

hey, I want it to be your song too, add whatever you want

(edited)

Yay! Thank you. Ok here was my next idea, (edited)

With lightning powers, she has skill

Likes flying fast, mostly for thrill (idk :|)

Edited by sonicdashie

(edited)

@@Hibiscus Bloom,

Well I tried with the Hawaiian theme (though I shouldn't complain since I was the one who suggested it) but if it didn't come out Hawaiian, I still think it's a song you'll like...I hope...

Lyrics:

From Haywaii-i, Haywaii-a

There's a mare so happy-y

Who's lucky, and glad to be

of family with hospitality

So intelligent, with witty remarks

She's a pony with a heart so strong

She loves humming, and dancing,

Through all the days and all night long

She owns a shack to the west, and does what she's best

She makes drinks like you wouldn't believe

Around the beaches, with crystal seas

That's so beautiful, you won't want to leave

She loves all her friends, until the end

and she'll be happy to make more room

There's no pony that's quite like her

You should meet her she's Hibiscus Bloom

I know you may be overbooked with work, but can i request a ship song between my oc paradox and octavia? I can give you an idea for it if you would like to hear my ideas. And i know its dumb, i just really like tavi. XD

Hopefully I won't have to go back and rework on the other songs, or that the requirements for another won't be done soon.

Anyways you're free to leave ideas for your song and anything else you want me to put in. I should note that I haven't done any canon characters yet, except for a short song I made for Fluttershy, but I don't know Octavia as well as her and I didn't describe her too much in it. So what I'm saying is that I might not get characters right in the song as well as I should, especially a background character like Octavia....but I'm willing to try and see what happens.

Edited by Humble Hymn