Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Will I keep my title even though my status as a donor has expired?

JonasDarkmane

I am thinking on making a donation to this great site after I finish my exams and get my results, but I was wondering, that when I do so, the title that I will choose, will it disappear once I get reverted to a normal user/once my donor status runs out? 

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Your member title you last had when your status ends will be 'locked' in position and won't revert back to the default.

• Brohoof 3

Yes. Your member title you last had when your status ends will be 'locked' in position and won't revert back to the default.

Would it be ok for me to impose another question here? 

How many letters are allowed in a title? 

• Brohoof 1

Rest assured, it's long enough. Managed to reach 60 characters. It may be something like 100 or the default 255 shared with the varchar max. All the same, it's more than enough!

Edit: It's actually 64!

Edit2: Thanks for reminding me, Feld0: 64 is actually the number before sanitation. This means that your title, if you use certain characters, may expand. For example, ' will turn into ' in the db, and will count as 5 characters rather than one. (it might actually be resolved as ' and will therefor consume 6).

• Brohoof 2