What languages do you speak / would you like to speak?

DasCapschen

143 users have voted

1. 1. What language do you speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek
  2. 2. What languages would you like to speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek

1 minute ago, Finding_Marty said:

@Arrlong28 I hereby appoint you as our Spanish teacher. Teach us, amigo! :hug_day:

II think it's the other way around :jazz-hooves-please: The pronunciations of letters in English is completely diffrent than in most languages :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Spanish is very useful. It is spoken by a large part of the world. For all I know, Latin Spanish may have different words, but the grammar and everything remains the same (?).

True. English pronunciations can be quite different from those in many other languages.

Spanish is indeed incredibly useful, as it's spoken by many people globally. While there are regional variations in vocabulary and some differences in usage, the core grammar remains consistent across Spanish dialects. Latin American Spanish and Castilian Spanish have their distinctions, but they share a strong grammatical foundation.

We could start a Spanish club if many people are interested or maybe a group.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Finding_Marty said:

@Arrlong28 I hereby appoint you as our Spanish teacher. Teach us, amigo! :hug_day:

II think it's the other way around :jazz-hooves-please: The pronunciations of letters in English is completely diffrent than in most languages :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Spanish is very useful. It is spoken by a large part of the world. For all I know, Latin Spanish may have different words, but the grammar and everything remains the same (?).

Haha. Sometimes words are the same, but the meaning is very different. "Polla" in Spain it means D##K but the meaning in Latin America changes from country to country. In Chile means "Lottery" for example. Honorifics in Spanish "Usted, Vos" are used as common word for "you" in almost All South America... When "Usted" is used for older people and "Vos" for the King.

And i'm From Catalonia, a region in Spain where Spanish is a "Cooficial Language" (We also Speak Catalan) and the culture is very different from standard Spanish so... Maybe I'm not the best teacher but I can do my best.

Edited by Arrlong28
Lots of Typo
  • Brohoof 3

Moments ago, Arrlong28 said:

Haha. Sometimes words are the same, but the mraning is very different. "Polla" in Spain it means D##K but the meaning in Latin America changes from country to country. In Chile means "Lottery" form example. Honorifics in Spanish "Usted, Vos" are used as common word for "you" in almost All South America... When "Usted" is used for older people and "Vos" for the King.

And i'm From Catalonia, a region in Spain where Spanish is a "Cooficial Language" (We also Speak Catalan) and the culture is very different from standard Spanish so... Maybe I'm not the best teacher but I can do my best.

Yes, some words can have entirely different meanings. For example, 'coger' means 'to grab' in Spain, but in Mexico, it’s used as slang for a particular act.

@Arrlong28, even if it might have some differences, it could still be really useful. It’s up to you, of course, but there might be others interested in helping out too.

I think starting a Spanish club could be a great idea. I see the club as a casual way to support everyday use of the language.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

1 minute ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Yes, some words can have entirely different meanings. For example, 'coger' means 'to grab' in Spain, but in Mexico, it’s used as slang for a particular act.

@Arrlong28, even if it might have some differences, it could still be really useful. It’s up to you, of course, but there might be others interested in helping out too.

I think starting a Spanish club could be a great idea. I see the club as a casual way to support everyday use of the language.

If my broken english is not a problem of course I can teach you! :grin2:

• Brohoof 3

By the way, there's a lot of pony material in Latin Spanish. Like the 9 seasons of MLP FIM on youtube, or the comics in Ponylatino and some books.

If you start the Spanish club, just tell me!:kirin:

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

8 hours ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

I’m a dummy American who only knows English. I used to be conversational with Spanish in college, took about 4 courses focusing on it and Spanish and Latin American culture. But after completing those courses I had no one to practice with, and no real life use for the language thanks to living in Ohio, so I kinda just lost that knowledge.

To be honest, if English was my native language, I would probably never learn any other. Because I simply wouldn't need any.

44 minutes ago, Interstellar Sketch said:

I'm learning Spanish again..I stopped for some reason. I don't know why I did, but I'm trying to stay committed to it. After that, I'm thinking about learning German or French.

Both much more difficult than Spanish.... :ooh: I would choose French. Most people in German-speaking countries are happy to speak English. And in France it might be a little different :izzy-oooh:

• smile 1

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Arrlong28 said:

By the way, there's a lot of pony material in Latin Spanish. Like the 9 seasons of MLP FIM on youtube, or the comics in Ponylatino and some books.

If you start the Spanish club, just tell me!:kirin:

That’s actually what I was going to mention. We can try to look at Spanish MLP media among other things. 

I will look into it later today as I have to go run some errands. 

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1

2 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

That’s actually what I was going to mention. We can try to look at Spanish MLP media among other things. 

I will look into it later today as I have to go run some errands. 

Oh dear... :pip-err: I hope the Spanish dubbing sounds good...

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1