Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm Optimistic

Comet Tail

There was some pony posting doom and gloom about the quality of the show going down, the season haitus, and all that jazz, and I replied to them on Facebook. But I kinda like what I wrote and thought I'd like to share it with a broader audience for more discussion.

"I'm not too worried. I think the quality is going up, actually. Season 1 had lots of low-class looney-tune type gags (piano dropping on Twilight's head) and yakkity sax chase scenes. Now, it holds a special place because it had some defining episodes, but that's because they were the first, not necessarily better.

The animation quality has objectively gone way up. The topics and solutions have gotten more mature. The plotlines and everything has gotten deeper feels. I mean, look at "Flight to the Finish" compared to anything in seasons 1-3. Now look at this most recent episode with Moondancer.

And I'm not worried about them running out of material. When you change the status quo, you suddenly make a lot of new opportunities, and they've done just that. The fact that they gave Twilight wings and made her a princess, and even destroyed the Golden Oaks and replaced it with a crystal palace - and introduced the Cutie Map - as much as many people hated this, it shows that they're willing to change the status quo in the show to keep it original and alive. It means we might even see the CMC's get their cutie marks. It means the show can continue to change, adapt, and stay original indefinitely."

Put a lot more succinctly; I'm optimistic.

The subject of this topic has little potential to spark discussion between many members and, as such, would be better suited to a status update or a blog. When creating a thread, please remember that the goal is to start a conversation with room for many people to chime in and give their own viewpoints on, and that sharing events of an anecdotal nature would be better done elsewhere.

• Brohoof 1