Who is a Gelding?

Phosphorous

Who do you think of all stallions is a gelding? A gelding is a male horse that has undergone a procedure to lessen his hormones, and thus make him calmer. Geldings work harder, and are more focused than non-gelding stallions.

Out of all the stallions in the show, I think Big Macintosh is the most likely to be a gelding. He clearly has the personality. There's no pony more calm and hardworking than him.

The second pony that I'm convinced is a gelding is King Sombra. Even though he is far from being calm, he has a lot of focus. Plus, unlike non-gelding stallions, he doesn't target his attacks at mostly stallions. He hated and attacked everyone. My guess is that he became a gelding at an older age, and was once a fiery non-gelding stallion. Become a gelding doesn't nescessarily rid a stallion of aggressive tendencies they already have. Perhaps, he was forced to become a gelding because of his aggression.

• Brohoof 2

img-28009-1-img-28009-1-img-28009-1-img-

I can't imagine that Big Mac or Sombra have been castrated (which is what a gelding is). I think Big Mac's the way he is simply because he was born with a mellow and hard-working personality and King Sombra was motivated by a drive to dominate the Crystal Empire because of his lust for power. 

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 1

656901678_ezgif.com-gif-maker2.gif.0dfb97ebeedd897b8c8973de0d538e17.gif

A gelding is a stallion castrated before sexual maturity... A stag is one castrated after sexual maturity.  I'm not sure we have enough leads to determine if that has happened to any pony on the show.  I mean Big Macintosh could be, because he seems to be the most intelligent male on the show... But I don't know why ponies would do that to each other.  Removing a pony's testicles in a world where they are sentient and the dominant species would be an odd message.  Humans don't do that, though maybe some people deserve it.  And the Equestrian society seems to be more caring as a whole than ours, so I doubt they would mutilate each other.  Humans do that to horses for their own safety, horses aren't capable of abstract thought or anything in our world.  They are livestock.  Any danger they may pose must be accounted for or people could die or be seriously injured.  I'm not seeing much of a need for castration in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

Awesome Nightmare Night Shirt benefits a Brony http://www.bonfirefunds.com/bummed-bronysig-34863.princess_luna_s2_button_by_pon

^Credit for signature art goes to PonyUniverse on deviantart.

I'm not seeing much of a need for castration in Equestria.

Well, they grow much larger and have an increased tolerance for work. Perhaps the Apple family needed a hard worker to tend the acres. They saw opportunity in their young son. Humans have castrated eachother for a long time. Sometimes, it was so they could develop a unique form of musical talent. Have you heard Allessandro Moreschi's pleasant voice?  :wub:  If castrating your son could make him way smarter or stronger and make able to live a more pleasant and fulfilling life, wouldn't it be a good choice? 

I'm guessing that none of the males in the show have had their balls cut off. Because they seem like a modern society who would easily understand that doing so, at least to a sentient species, is unethical.

Imagine telling your son he can't ever have kids, all because you chopped his balls off so he would be less aggressive, more focused, and have the singing voice of Justin Bieber? This isn't the 1800s anymore, so please don't chop off your son's balls.

• Brohoof 2

I concede that in the past humans were castrated for religious or personal reasons. But that is considered archaic now by most of the world. Either way, I don't really head canon much. I'm too facts driven and consider the main source of the media to be the only legitimate universe building source. But from what experiences I've had with horses and cattle in my occupation, the actual strength change is negligible. I can't get behind the idea.

Awesome Nightmare Night Shirt benefits a Brony http://www.bonfirefunds.com/bummed-bronysig-34863.princess_luna_s2_button_by_pon

^Credit for signature art goes to PonyUniverse on deviantart.

If Big Mac was a gelding it would disappoint so many mares, joking aside the purpose of gelding was to calm down male horses so they would be less aggressive and easier to handle but with ponies being sapient and having ideas about human rights similar to ours I think such a practice if it was done would only be done to maybe foal molesters or something.

Mac is joked about having gelding done to him purely because Mac has had his mane shaved shorter and his tail docked off which is something that was done to horses used to pull carts down mineshafts and these horses were gelded mostly so that they would be tamer and less aggressive (and stop mine companiies breeding their own horses ofc.)

Edited by Malinter

no_one_bucks_with_rainbow_dash_stamp_by_  

My OC's:  MalinterRahl, Vengeful impact & alias-the-marked-one

First fic i've written since forever here

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." most legendary quote ever.

I don't think there are any geldings in the show, but Big Mac being a gelding would be a good theory though...  :squee: Whahahah remember Princess Big Mac :mellow:

• Brohoof 2

1AkiWA.png

Big thankyou to PucksterV for this awesome Signature X

Who do you think of all stallions is a gelding? A gelding is a male horse that has undergone a procedure to lessen his hormones, and thus make him calmer. Geldings work harder, and are more focused than non-gelding stallions.

Out of all the stallions in the show, I think Big Macintosh is the most likely to be a gelding. He clearly has the personality. There's no pony more calm and hardworking than him.

The second pony that I'm convinced is a gelding is King Sombra. Even though he is far from being calm, he has a lot of focus. Plus, unlike non-gelding stallions, he doesn't target his attacks at mostly stallions. He hated and attacked everyone. My guess is that he became a gelding at an older age, and was once a fiery non-gelding stallion. Become a gelding doesn't nescessarily rid a stallion of aggressive tendencies they already have. Perhaps, he was forced to become a gelding because of his aggression.

If Big Mac was a gelding, how would he be attracted to Cherrile in the Hearts and Hooves Day episode?

Creator of MLP Ruined Vines and Recorder Sh*t

Equestria's Biggest Hip-Hop Nerd

Everyday is Leg Day!

Follow me on Twitter: @EarlBrony

If Big Mac was a gelding, how would he be attracted to Cherrile in the Hearts and Hooves Day episode?

Remember that he wasn't attracted to her before he consumed the potion. That potion would probably make a straight mare atracted to mare or a straight stallion attracted to a stallion. Plus, geldings probably can form emotional connections, just as human eunuchs have been in platonic marriages.

You must be joking. This is very... well, disturbing, so I'm going to have to be very blunt here.

There's not the slightest chance in hell that MLP ponies, which are sapient, can talk and reason like us, have advanced civilization (and clearly benevolent society at that), etc, would castrate anyone against their will or anything horrible like that.

Besides, I'm quite sure that sapient, intelligent ponies can control themselves and otherwise function and focus just fine without being mutilated. 

What you're suggesting is, to put it quite simply, overwhelmingly nonsensical and terribly disturbing. Not to mention highly grimdark, because again, these are sapient, intelligent ponies that can form complex thoughts and emotions just like us. It's an absolutely disgusting scenario that would never happen in Equestria, and it would be no different than the forced mutilation of other humans, or any other sapient species.

Well, they grow much larger and have an increased tolerance for work. Perhaps the Apple family needed a hard worker to tend the acres. They saw opportunity in their young son. Humans have castrated eachother for a long time. Sometimes, it was so they could develop a unique form of musical talent. Have you heard Allessandro Moreschi's pleasant voice?  :wub:  If castrating your son could make him way smarter or stronger and make able to live a more pleasant and fulfilling life, wouldn't it be a good choice? 

It would take a very sick person to do that, as no sane or rational or moral individual would do that to another person against their will. And, it's completely ridiculous to suggest that doing so would somehow make them smarter or stronger in the first place. It certainly wouldn't be any different than say, forcibly removing the ovaries and genitals from a female. What sort of drugs are you smoking?

Also, I'm pretty sure that no half-decent or developed country castrates people anymore, if that was ever even a common thing in the first place. They wouldn't be under the delusion that it would offer any sort of benefit to do so, for sure.

Edited by Vixor

• 8 years later...

Being that gelding is a practice done to enslaved ponies and horses by their human masters who are using them for labor. I don't think the term applies to a society of free ponies. So none of them are castrated, i'st a dumb question.