Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private U.N.D.E.R

Demirari

@@Celestial Panzerhund,@@Totally Ducklett, @@Akari of Duskshire,  

Fernly glared at Arrow as it shook with great anger. Its core glowed a soft red as the plates formed in front of the sphere. It was outraged that this unicorn wished to violate one of the rules. It was the ruler of this entire level and it will not allow such transgression against it. The Narrator gave it power to do what it wanted, and it will do what it wants. 

"No! No! NO!" Fernly shouted, "you do not use magic! Do you not understand you stupid unicorn stallion?! They say unicorns are the brightest of all the three tribes yet you violate my rule so easily! That is it!" A sudden shot of blue waves exploded from Fernly, washing over each pony. It was a sudden disconnection, like their magic was severed or limited or hampered to such a degree that casting a simple magic spell would take great concentration that'll easily exhaust a pony.

"It was foolish of me to allow you ponies to retain magic," Fernly declared, its humorous British voice dying, instead a cool steal monotonous voice replaced the jolly accent, "magic again and again. Let's play fair shall we? Or else!"

"Now then, let's get this level going lads!" Its jolly voice immediately coming back in full force as it floated around the three mares. 

----

Gentle Secret allowed the cube to hit the ground before suddenly collapsing down. The magical wave had hit her and it felt horrifying. It did not physically harm her, but it certainly did mentally. It was like a sudden event as she felt her connection to the vast magic that was inside her being severed. It was simple as she felt empty and empty. It was akin to becoming a broken husk. She didn't bother getting up as her mind raced to cope with the sudden loss.

(For Enzo and Khris, they can still do communication and basic levitation of the sword and that body possession.)

@@Demirari,@@Totally Ducklett,

Fantasy Moon collapsed as well when magic wave washed over her like a tsunami.  In a daze, she managed to sit herself up on her forelegs, like she was trying to recover from a tremendous blow to the head.  She held a shaking hoof to her forehead next to her horn, staring at the floor with eyes wide with cerebral pain.  It was so much that her mind was blank, trying to regain the rest of her sensibilities.  Thoughts would only make it worse. 

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Seeing what the magic may have been doing to the others half a second before to Star he braced for impact, feeling the wave pass him, but... unlike the others he simply stood. As the emptyness would take he would realize it was something familiar, something  seeing the others in a lot more pain. Next thing to be done he simply walked over to Fantasy, her being the closest, offering a hoof to assist her up. 

"Don't think you'll get used to it, you will need to spend about two more days like this before you are anywhere close to getting used to having no magic, trust me... I know."

He would then look at Fernley, and then at the cube. Focusing on the puzzle at hand. (Like, I'd help but I still don't get how the room looks and what seems to be the problem here).

Edited by TheLonelySpectre

@,

Slowly coming back to her senses, Fantasy Moon took Dark Star's hoof and got up on her hindlegs, quickly letting go.  "How...  Huh...?" she asked, her murky state of mind not comprehending or even completely hearing what he said.  She looked up at him with dull eyes, staring at something behind him.  What... what happened?  Right...  No magic...  None... at all...

Fernly or Fernley watched the ponies do their thing. It was gleeful as it revolved around Gentle Secret before returning to the cube. It was taking more sadistic happiness from this than it really should. But, it hated cheaters and the unicorns needed to be punished. Oh yes indeed they needed to be.

"Good, good, you ponies are now getting along to the theme of the level!" Fernly shrilled as it bobbed in the air, "come along! We have to go!."

----

Twitching her hoof, Gentle Secret slowly processed the reality. She was horrifically angered at what happened as she slowly got up. Magic gone for the first time in her life. It was interesting and tear-inducing as she stabilized herself. The vast ocean of mana that she once took for granted was gone. It was because of some ponies that refused to follow the rules. She willed herself to contain the raging emotions, but it felt unstoppable. 

She glared at each of the six and Fernly with intense hate. Damn these bucking ponies! 

@@Akari of Duskshire,@,

Khris looked around as his comrades fell before him, before he felt the wave himself.

"Grraarghh, I regain my senses, and the first thing i feel is pain?!"

It took all of Khris's effort to maintain the possession, the bright white lights who were his eyes flickering rapidly as he tried to shield the spell from the magic cancelling wave. He could feel his internal supplies of magic bleeding away.

For the first time in more than 50 years, Khris experienced the feeling of gritting his teeth as he struggled to maintain his control over Enzo's body

And just as quickly as it began, the pain stopped.

"Ugh, bloody hell"

The possessed stag regained his balance.

"I was not....prepared ( OOC: AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA) "

Khris shook himself to clear his head, and turned his attention back to the problem at hoof. He remembered the sphere's words.

"no magic, then"

"Seems like the puzzle is to....push a cube  down  the stairs. I don't see what's so hard with that."

Khris called out to his teammates.

"You know, one of you could just go behind the cube and buck it down the stairs"

@,

"Down the stairs," Gentle Secret muttered as she slowly got up to the cube and pushed it off the side of the stair, allowing it to hit the ground. There was no sound as the floor absorbed the kinetic energy of the 80kg cube. Slowly walking down the stairs, Gentle Secret stretched her hooves, "anyone mind pushing the cube to the button? I would, but... you know." 

Shrugging, Gentle Secret moved away from the cube, waiting for someone else to push it. It wasn't that she was exhausted, more like that she didn't feel the will to do it. It didn't help that she felt large manifestations of anger that were being directed to the ponies that forced the sphere to enact such a punishment. After this level is done, hopefully her magic will be restored.

----

"Oh jolly! With this pace, we can reach the final level in no time! It'll be a sweet one I tell you all!" Fernly hummed happily as it watched. "There'll be bunch of spikes and uhhh, lava! Yeah! Lots and lots of love! I mean lava... whatever, you all know what I meant right? Come up, pump it upppppp!"

Edited by Demirari

Midnight didn't fall down as the disabling wave hit her. She wasn't using magic here in the first place, and so it hadn't really affected her too much. Midnight did, however, notice the affect on her teammates, making them somehow weaker and, from the looks of it, a little ticked off. She then decided that she would perhaps have to be the leader for this one. "Okay ponies! Stop moping and get to the next room!"

There was a loud ding as the door to the next level open up. The next room was something far different than the mouse-centered like tests of the first two. The Third Level is where things are scaled to a degree that is akin to transitioning from solving elementary mathematical problems to college-level ones. The logic in this transition will be forever unknown except to the Narrator and Fernly whom was humming happily.

Floating into the third level, Fernly turned to face the ponies as it floated backwards. "Wonderful! Wonderful! Someone is taking charge! Because you all are going to need it... for this! Five turrets! Forty-eight landmines, twenty intense beams of lasers capable of chopping fleshy bits, and others! Quickly! Run through the course! Two more levels!"

It was a 1000m by 500m sized room. The five turrets were placed strategically to enhance the maximum killing-range allowed. By passing the blue line in front of the ponies, one will activate the course. They'll have to run and take cover using the small blocks of metal there and there and from there, they have two routes: use one of the five bridges or go underground where they'll face moving lasers capable of melting and cutting through flesh.

The bridges were placed close together that it really mattered not which one, one chooses as they will still be shot at by a turret placed on the other end of the bridges. The gap from one end of the bridge to the other is not large, but it is rather dangerous to jump across. Why? From time to time, there'll be a gigantic thrust of water into the sky, capable of disrupting any jump and making them prey to the watching turret. 

After pasting the turrets, one will have to face the landmines which are practically invisible unless one looks at them keenly. After surviving the horror course, they'll be greeted with a safe-zone where one is able to rest and push the button that'll activate the second portion of Level III. 

"May the fastest and quickest thinking pony win," Fernly shrilled. 

Khris looked at the new puzzle, his mouth forming a small 'o'

"Well, at least he forgot to add crushers."

He turned to his team members, ideas starting to formulate in his head.

"Alrighty, if we really  look the the puzzle, our only problems would be everything... but the land mines."

He motioned to the lasers and the bridges.

"Ponies who don't mind dying, like me, can draw aggro from the lasers by going in first and revolve their entire existence around helping another pony cross."

Once 2 ponies cross, well, for the mines....

Khris scratched out a quick diagram with his sword in his mouth.

maxresdefault.jpg

The look of the room finally snapped Fantasy Moon back to her senses in full.  ​Some puzzle!  ...Pony feathers, Fernley and the Narrator must be sick lovers or something.  Now, how to get across this...  She got as close to the course as she could without stepping across the blue line, trying to examine the place for a short cut, a "hole", any sort of weakness.  

She looked in her bag for something that could be useful, but all she had was a thick book that was useless without her magic, pens, and a dagger.  The latter made something light up in her as she looked over at the turrets and the sword.  No, it couldn't... but still, maybe...?

@,@@Demirari, @@Totally Ducklett,@,@@Celestial Panzerhund,

"Could we jam them?"  she asked, pointing at the turrets.  

@@Akari of Duskshire, @,

"My thought is exactly the same. " Star would say after climbing the stairs and reaching the room.

"I say two people quickly dive to the sides and destroy the turrets. Then we can take bits of Enzos plan. "

Looking around the puzzle Star would both smirk and not be the happiest about it. Truth be told he knew he could pass it, but sadly he was working with a team, and he wanted to keep that team alive.

@,@@Akari of Duskshire, @, @@Celestial Panzerhund,  

Gentle Secret took a single glance at the relatively armored turrets before shrugging, "If you get something strong enough, you could probably prevent something from working, as long as you managed to jam the turret." It'll have to be something rather durable considering the turrets are rather well armored and it is rather unclear how strong they are. A steel rod of a good thickness could probably halt the turrets from turning. 

"And we could go with whatever," Gentle Secret continued, "considering we have eternity to solve this. I'll agree with using the team as a distraction while having two ponies charge ahead... though throwing them like that is kind of debatable."

----

The turrets continued to watch the areas, turning ever so vigilantly. One can see a thin red beam trace the walls, the floor, and even the ponies at times with the machine-guns depressing and elevating randomly. Shaped like one cut half of an egg and glued that onto a rotor, each are split in the middle with the center donning a violent red lens. Colored white, they could pass off as camouflaging if it weren't for the eye-catching red lens.

At times, the turrets even sung in a opera-like voice. Strange turrets they are as they watched the ponies and waited for someone to take the first step.

Perhaps the least agile should go first.  I've been told that I could do well on a track team, so I suppose I won't be the first one up.  That's fine.  Fantasy Moon looked over the obstacle course once again, eying the turrets in barely-restrained fear.  No no no, it's alright, it's alright, you can do it...  She looked over at the group, seeing if they have anything that could be used to jam the turrets.

She took the dagger out, comparing it to the turrets.  It was quite big, just short of being called a sword.  Of course, by nature of being a blade, it wasn't thick.  Hm...  Perhaps Midnight's telescope and Enzo's sword could do the trick...  She faced the group to levitate the objects to her...

...Only to facehoof herself when she realized once again that she has no magic.

@@Akari of Duskshire,@, @@Totally Ducklett,  

Khris's eyes drifted towards the the lasers.He then looked at the the telescope clutched in midnight's hooves. Calling upon whatever knowledge of optics he had, he formulated an idea in his head. Raising a hoof to address the rest of his group, he spoke:

"Perhaps we could disassemble that telescope and use the optics inside to mess up the turret's aiming system, disabling them if excessive force isn't an option: we can simply place them over whatever optical sights they use to mark their targets."

He hunkered down and his voice took on a darker tone.

"However, to do so, we will have to reach  the turrets first. We will die many times in the process. However, this will benefit us in the long run, as any turrets sabotaged will be disabled permanently."

He motioned a hoof towards the targets, placing an emphasis on the red laser-sights.

"Judging by the red lasers, they are not capable on focusing on multiple targets at once. So, here's the plan :a pony or a group of ponies can go in and draw aggro, while another small group with careful hooves and quick feet places the optics over the turret's sights.

@,

"I can go in, I'll take the dive, get behind cover and then you murder them. If things go well I might come out alive..."

Star would look a bit at the room, trying to form up a running plan if his plan was passed... cover here, cover here, with a bit of luck but mostly his already trained skills in such arts of dodging he would be able to make it.

"I say I go in because I've seen worse. Oh and.. Enzos sword... your body doesn't happen to be bulletproof and able to hop unto me right...just in case I may need the extra cover? "

Edited by TheLonelySpectre

"Hurry up, hurry up!" Fernly exclaimed, booping each of the ponies with its sphere before flying up, "remember! You are all immortal so get going. I wanna see explosions and death you know? Like boom and bwoffoffff! And those turrets, just out of the production line and placed here just for you all! Don't you all like the red lenses? So sexy, mmmmmmm!" Fernly shivered in... something before returning to normality, "get to it lads!"

@@Demirari,

Fantasy Moon shot a cold glare at Fernly with her head tilted down.  This feels bad, really really bad, but I really want to kick your flank right now...  

@, @,

But of course, she didn't go with it.  What good would it do?  Anyways, hearing their plan, she stood up and faced the entrance with narrowed eyes, slowing scanning the room and trying desperately to keep her fear from showing.  "Same."

@,

Khris huffed.

"For your information, my name is Khris. And in case you didn't notice, i'm currently possessing my numbskull friend of mine, as he is quite honestly incapable of logical thought in regards to puzzles when his life is not on the line."

He motioned to the sword strapped to his side.

"Contrary to your belief, any kind of damage that causes the tassel to break will in turn, break the possession spell and i will fall unconcious. The sword itself, however, can be used to deflect the laser if need be.

His eyes drifted to fernley.

"However, i find myself largely incapable of swordplay without the use of... magic. Even that dart-knife fighting style that Enzo adopts requires some amount of magic to direct the sword."

He turned his attention to Fantasy moon and Dark star

@@Akari of Duskshire,

"It's settled then. Those who do not fear death shall follow me. We will take the hits for those who cannot. You and Dark star will find a way to use the telescope's lens to mess up the Turret's optics...So long as midnight is willing to give the lenses up."

( if you look closely at the underside of the telescope, you can see a small incription: made in china )

@@Akari of Duskshire,@@Demirari,

Midnight whipped out her newly acquired telescope and focused it on the turrets, first, examining them for any potential weaknesses and holes in their vision. She thought for a moment, before turning the telescope to the minefield. She stared for a little, before looking around for some paper. "Anypony have a paper and pen? I can map out those mines pretty well." 

Edited by Totally Ducklett

At the mention of the request for paper and pen, Fantasy Moon turned around to face Midnight, nodding and shaking her saddlebags off. She reached inside, opened the book, and tore a blank sheet out, then she took out of the three pens she had on her. She gave them both to Midnight. Pony feathers, why didn't I think of that?!