Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private U.N.D.E.R

Demirari

"..... Pfft..." Arrow puffs at the so called 'god'. For truth, he didn't believe that he was a god. Just somepony thinking that he was. Anypony that has a horn and knows a certain spell (or spells) can zap ponies into sleep and take them into a cave. What if this is jigsaw? He remembered seeing a movie about... No it couldn't be.

He hears another unicorn talk about her abilities, might as well state his. "I'm a close range or a long distance shooter," He starts, "I can do a tad bit of swords, but not much. I'm more of a bow pony." Finishing his sentence, he looks at his conjured bow. Slightly admiring it.

@,

Fantasy Moon responded to Dark Star's words with nothing but nods and a near-inaudible "Mmhm".  A flower, then a spell to repel a smell I never even noticed.  Are you trying to charm me or what?  Thoughts that Fantasy Moon wanted to put into spoken words, but she felt it wasn't the right time.  After all, there were bigger matters at hand hoof.  Namely, getting out of there with some part of herself left.  

@,

A role?  A combat role?  Oh, I should've asked Stormcloud for a lesson or two in hoof-to-hoof combat.  But... I guess I'll have to just use my spell.    With that thought in mind, she kept the papers close to herself, learning more names and already planning to use them for the thing she does best (the papers that is, not the names).  I hope The Narrator doesn't know about my spell already.  My magic would put me as...  whatever the talking sword called them.  What does he think it is, World of Ponycraft?

So as she waited, she quietly observed the others in the room.  Three (four if you count the sword) seemed level-headed so far, one just didn't seem to fully realize or even care about the current situation, and two appear to be varying degrees of unhinged.  Now calm and rational again (at least for now), the only physical sign of her fear was a shivering that was barely there.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire

@@Dapper Charmer"Well, you dont buy talking swords from a market, and before you ask, no, they aren't distributed at lakes either" Enzo replied to Dapper charmer. " Also, you might want to consider eating that piece with some bread, it's almost toxic annnndd you ate it anyway"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, in that case, i do hope the guardpony knows some defensive spells, so i would consider ourselves quite ready" Khris mused. He attatched himself back to Enzo's neck, the duo reunited.

@@Celestial Panzerhund@@@Akari of Duskshire

"Ah Arrow, you see, I cannot do that," the Narrator walked over to him before sitting next to him, "that would just ruin the point of trapping you all here wouldn't it? And why would I prove that I am what I am? Why would I let you out just to simply appease your skeptical nature? Why oh why, I want you all to escape using your own abilities. That," the Narrator stood up again and walked a few steps away, "is the purpose of UNDER."  

@@Demirari

"Escape using our own abilities you say?" , Enzo though out loud, putting his face in the narrator's, his eyes shining with a thirst for adventure.

"A challenge worthy of our skills ", Khris commented. Enzo laughed heartily at this, and backed away from the narrator. He unsheathed Khris, the sword spontaneuously igniting, bringing the sword around him in a motion swift, sweeping strikes, and finally pointed it at the narrator in a duelist's stance. Raising his voice: "Bring it on then! I'm getting bored. Give us your best AND your worst!".

The narrowed their eyes in challenge, Enzo grinning widely in excitement all the while. ( in unison ) "We are prepared"

Edited by Guest

@Simply All xD

Star would leave the bubble a second before the spell would end itself, the cheesy smell once more getting to him but managing to ignore it. 

Walking over a bit away from the group he'd have a nice view of everyone, inspecting all the people as they'd talk. For some reason his light introvert side kicking in as he'd want to keep his distance from all the people.

We are doomed, then again it matters what they throw at us... With all the "respawning" it seems like we can't possibly get out... then again dying thousands of times isn't pleasant either.

...I'm gonna have to survive possibly months underground with a group of ponies and other things... And I hate talking to people. 

Star would jolt up from his thoughts as Enzo would challange the narrator. 

Oh... crap... not good. 

With a swift teleport he'd appear next to Enzo and his Sword, his horn still lit up, earlier signs of magical corruption or instability gone leaving his light purple aura. Dark Star would be focusing on all the other ponies, expecting the worse, trying to be ready to help anyone he can due to the Stags stupid move.

"You just had to..."

Edited by TheLonelySpectre

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Oh, of course not! Wow, a llama... you're really fluffy... uhhhh, hey, would you...errr..." She blushed, though it was faint on her blue coat, "Would you mind if I... felt your fur a bit? I know it's kinda strange, but I just need a little something to get my spirits up. Being stuck underground gets an astronomer a bit down, y'know?"

Dapper pondered the question, "sure, go ahead," said he to Midnight, "just be careful, I've got a lot of stuff in there." Dapper picked up another piece of cheese and took a bite, "this cheese is pretty tasty," he said to nopony in particular, "I guess you could say it's quite gouda."

@,@@Demirari,

Fantasy Moon all the while was still very tense, trying to brace herself to be thrown back into the caverns to begin the ascent to the surface any second now.  While they waited, she figured she would try and ask The Narrator for something.  If his behavior is an indication of anything, I'm probably not going to be able to use it and will have to use my blood instead.  But, it's worth a try, right?

"Do you-" But then a certain antlered individual and his Pokemon sentient sword interrupted her and spontaneously performed quite the spectacular (at least, in her opinion) sword dance before declaring themselves ready.  Watching them, she felt like she was reading some kind of super hero comic.  Wow...  he seems skilled.

But wait...  There is a strange being here who seems to be omnipotent.  And they just told said being to give us his worst.  And we're...  All faint traces of awe on her face faded away and was replaced with dread at that realization.

The room started to drastically change, expanding on all sides. From mere meters, the room eventually reached a kilometer in width, three in length, and a half in height. It was truly a large room as the Narrator turned around to face the seven. Nodding his head, the Narrator willed the room to change even more and to change it to something similar to that of an medieval room. The stone blocks that served as the floor were made masterfully and were chipped from time, the stone bricks that made the walls rivaled even legends, and the chandeliers that hanged above were of aged gold. The torches that hanged on the walls along with the chandeliers only lighten the room to bearable sight. 

"This first level would be a simple test, a test that'll see if you all are up to par with the expectations," the Narrator said as a large armored double-door appeared in front of the ponies. The middle formed a circle that trespassed on both sides of the double-door, with the middle being an emboldened Roman numeral II. 

A small tear in the fabric of reality appeared near the double-door as a claw extended outwards suddenly and started to tear portal apart. When the diameter of the tear finally reached sixty meters, a large carnivorous armored lizard appeared. Plating of organic origin were attached to the thick skin underneath, overlapping each other towards the tail. Large sharp teeth were exposed as the lizard opened its mouth before clamping down suddenly, creating an audible snap. The hateful green eyes settled themselves towards the small ponies before it as it shook its body, creating rattling noises with the rhythmic swinging of its bladed tail. 

The seven will now be put to the test for the first time. It may seem that the seven were to fight against the creature in a room without hidden abilities, but if one were to look closely along the walls and the ceiling, they might notice several levers.  

"Buck me. "

Dark Star would lower his guard as he'd see the giant lizard come out.

Good thing there is only one, a shame that it is thickly armored.

He would walk ahead of the group light his horn once more, deeply breathing as he concentrated, calculation after calculation going through his mind standing in an attack ready pose at the lizard. 

With his aura turning corrupted, quickly a beam of green and black and purple energy going out of his head and at the lizards legs, big purplish green black crystals engulfing two of its huge hind legs.

His head now hurting like hell, he'd kneel trying to bear with all the pain going through him at the moment due to casting all the dark magic.

"H-hit it with that you bloody can, aim between armor cracks. A-Arrow poke his eyes out, Enzo get up close and do your w-water dancing magic and find us a w-weak spot, everything has one. " spoke a pain filled voice that clearly knew what he was doing, Stars leadership and adaptation skills being his main weapon.

"LEEEROOYY JEEEENKIIINS!!!"

Enzo started running diagonally across the front of the monster and launched Khris , letting the sword sail gracefully though the air and into the behemoth's shoulder. Activating his frost enchantment, Khris froze himself in the behemoth's flesh, anchoring the blade. Allowing Khris's tassel to wrap around his waist, Enzo was swung into the air and around the monster via Khris's retracting tassel, attack on Titan style, eventually landing in the monster's neck's back. Changing Khris's enchantment to a flame one, he ripped Khris out of the monster's shoulder, carrying bits of flesh along with it.

Bring Khris down once more, he stabbed the back of the minster's skull, digging into the thick bony layer.

Enzo called out to dark star: "YOU CALL THAT AN OPENING?"

Meanwhile Khris sent a telepathic message to all unicorns: "get ready to fire, especially you, archer ( Khris in italics )"

Enzo pulled Khris downwards, causing the monster to scream in pain and tilt his head upwards, exposing an unprotected throat/chin.

"THIS IS AN OPENING"

Edited by Guest

@, @, @@Totally Ducklett,

Dapper saw a huge lizard monster seemingly appear out of nowhere. He then saw Enzo attack the creature. He heard the monster scream and then heard Enzo say, "THIS IS AN OPENING".

He turned to Midnight, "I'm sorry but the petting zoo is gonna have to close early." Dapper ran towards the creature. As he did he reached into his wool and pulled out a dagger. "Out of the way!" he screamed as he leaped towards the monster's exposed throat. He plunged the dagger into its throat and landed on the ground. He turned to Enzo, "Okay now what?"

As the room changed, Fantasy Moon levitated a blank book to herself and stuffed the papers with everyone's names in them.  I need all the paper I can get.  Trying to put on a brave face, she steeled herself, making something she thought was a fighting stance (really, something that Stormcloud would make a thousand adjustments to), and...

Becoming surprised by just what exactly they were to face.

Oh, cr-

The sounds that lizard made were enough to make her take a few steps back in fear.  And the sword's telepathic message made her bite her lip to keep herself from shouting.  What do you think I am, a battle mage?!  Magic isn't my talent, it's-  She stopped when she stepped back into a wall.

@@Demirari,

And accidentally switched a lever. 

@,

"Yeah, that should be enough of an opening!"

Getting up, still not over the pain he'd give it some of his last as the huge opening wouldn't be there forever. Lighting up his horn, trying to keep away all the dark magic he'd send flying beam after beam of lightly unstable magical of energy at the neck, his headache increasing with every second he'd be keeping up his fire.

W-with the b-best...ahh... We can do it with just the two of us...-

The Llamas attack wouldn't even pass his thought or sight as he'd be too busy trying to concentrate past all this pain in his head. He'd stop as he'd hear a click, his beam ending leaving him with a huge headache as he'd fall to the floor, holding his head trying to block out the pain.

The thick skin of the throat negated much of the damage that was caused by the dagger. The lizard suddenly slammed itself against the wall while rattling its plates, cracking the stone walls. The crystals started to form cracks as the lizard forcefully started to move its hind-legs as it slowly got up again with its forelegs. Apart from the small trickles of blood forming where wounds were made, the lizard seemed relatively unharmed.

Craning its neck slightly, the lizard glared at Dark Star as the dark magic beams struck against the plating. Unflinching, the lizard growled as the some beams scored hits against its neck, digging four times deeper than the dagger. While still minor, minor droplets of blood managed to squeeze their way out, splattering on the cold floor.

The crystals slowly began to crack was the creature slowly regained control of its legs.

---- 

The ground below them suddenly shifted as pillars of stone marble rose from the ground of various lengths. Then, the ground shook as some stone blocks collapsed downwards, creating uneven terrain. This process of rising and lowering continued for a minute before stopping with the lever snapping back to its original position. The shift of the floor could easily cause some minor injuries, mainly bruises.

The lizard snarled as it used its tail to snap a pillar and send the debris flying towards the ponies before it. 

----

Gentle Secret sighed as she navigated the changing flooring. Such fast-paced movement with ponies not even making some plans. Using a pillar that is nearly her height as cover, Gentle Secret lit her horn. It appeared the creature was heavily armored considering it all but practically ignored the attacks that could give any weak-skinned creatures major problems. 

There were very few spells that she could cast in this sort of time to take a crack at the creature. Completing magical equations and finishing her two-level magic circle, Gentle Secret formed a solid spear of magic before propelling it at the creature at high speeds. Keeping track of the spear, Gentle Secret leaned herself softly against the pillar to catch some breath. Her magic pool was barely even affected by the spell, but it did not mean her mind wasn't either. The speed that went into completing the spear induced an minor headache and forced her to rest herself for at least three minutes.

----

The magic spear of great speed slammed itself into the creature, but not at the throat or chin. The lizard, displaying intelligence, managed to turn itself somewhat in time for the spear to hit three overlapped plating. Penetrating through the three plates, the magic spear dig itself into the skin before collapsing, much of its energy being spent cracking the hard plates. A wound was created, that was certain, but it was minor. 

Edited by Demirari

WIth the floor moving Star would be at the mercy of fate, as he'd roll over just a second before the block under him would fall. Another floor piece moving up and then down would hit his leg, bruising it hard as he'd get up, concetrating enough to cast a pain killing spell on himself, knowing full well the consequences after it wears off will be dire.  Hopping tiles he'd make it till the end, trying to use as few spells as possible. Before looking in horror as the lizard would knock a column down, most magical strength in him gone to react to help the other ponies, but not all.

Once more forcing himself past all the pain and possibilties he'd deflect some of the debris flying at Dapper and Fantasy. The others in the range of fire having to fend for themselves, including himself as he'd get hit by a sharper piece of stone, the side of it cutting his frontal leg making him once more fall to the floor, the pain blocking spell losing its power slowly, his bodies reality returning to him.

@@Akari of Duskshire, @@Dapper Charmer,

@@Demirari,

Fantasy Moon lost balance and gasped as she fell off a pillar onto another.  The edge and a bit of fallen debris scraped against her wrist hard enough to actually make it bleed, but it would not prove fatal.  A few bruises as well, but again, nothing fatal.  It was still enough to leave her stunned a bit, but the blood touching the paper that had fallen next to her made her snap out of it.

Well then, guess I don't need the sword after all!  Dabbing the tip of her hoof with a bit of blood, she hastily made a drawing that looked like a kindergartner's work.  A rough sketch, but it'll have to do.  She used a little more to add a special rune that would allow the creature to become corporeal.  Some rushed spell casting later and a glowing winged serpent the same color as her magic joined the battle.

Please work, please work!  Jumping onto a rising pillar (and taking the picture and book with her) just a small distance away from the group, she made the serpent fly toward the lizard at a great speed.  Blue fangs flashed as the serpent aimed for the throat.

@@Demirari,

Midnight thought for a split second, before levitating a piece of incoming debris up off the changing floor a bit. She hopped up onto it and created a platform for herself to stand on and avoid the challenge of the ground. As the lizard smashed more pillars in their direction, she smirked: it had just given her a rather deadly weapon. She used her magic to grab several chunks of debris, and broke them down and down again so she had a massive quantity of small, light, fast moving, sharp projectiles. Midnight then unleashed the barrage, aiming for the dagger wound and spear wound to maximize her damage.

The lizard met the animated serpent head on, its massive jaws unhinging before snapping onto it. As the seven continued to pelt it, the lizard grind its teeth as it tried to extinguish what it believed to be the largest foe. This would be, without a doubt, the perfect time for a strike. 

----

@

Gentle Secret winced as she watched one of her allies get... demolish. She wanted to move over there to help, but realized that death wasn't an issue. It was still, no matter what, an immoral choice to ignore an injured teammate, but she must. Gathering her will, she turned her attention away and focused on the lizard as it was preoccupied with the serpent Fantasy Moon had conjured up. 

This would require at least a three-layer spell from what she could infer upon. That wasn't a good news, after all, a three-layer spell would require at least minutes of preparation and meticulous calculations. Though, if they would to survive, they would need to score a major injury against the lizard. 

"I got an idea," Gentle Secret spoke up as she glanced at each of her teammates, "if you all are able to give me around ten minutes of preparation, I can cast a spell that should deal some major damage to the lizard."

----

The Narrator walked calmly amongst the chaotic fighting, ignoring whatever was transpiring around him. It seemed that he was preoccupied with something as he reached a seemingly random section of a wall. One of his hoof slowly raised up and slowly pressed down on something that was camouflaged. It was a lever as the arm was pressed down to its maximum.

"Oh dear," the Narrator chuckled as the floor started to rearrange themselves. This time, however, some parts of the walls also participated in the random restructuring of the room. Parts of the walls extended to create platforms while others sunk inwards. "My apologies!" 

The room stopped moving after a minute of reorganization and started to take shape of something, though no one can really tell what it is. The flooring was much lower than before and there were more pillars than ever before. A pony with an astute hearing can hear something underneath the floor.

Enzo was having quite the fun time on the monster's neck. Pretty much a rodeo ride, the monster's rampage cause him to bounce up and down, the stag hanging on to Khris for his dear life.

"Hang on! I will never slip!"

Khris glowed blue as his frost enchantment activated, freezing him in his place while chilling the lizard's skull and perhaps it's  brain matter, icy veins burrying themselves deep into the skin like roots. That way, if the monster DID shake Enzo off, it would half it's brain too... If the monster had any in the first place.

"I got an idea," Gentle Secret spoke up as she glanced at each of her teammates, "if you all are able to give me around ten minutes of preparation, I can cast a spell that should deal some major damage to the lizard."

"10 minutes you say?", Enzo grinning as a plan formed in his head. "I can do better!"

Enzo pushed off the monster's neck, still hanging onto Khris's tassel, and vaulted sideways off a nearby collumn.From there, swinging around the monster's neck he summoned forth dual etheral swords. As Khris's tassel shortened, it caused Enzo to swing about the monster's head.

And was left standing on the bridge of the monster's nose, from there, sleekly removed khris from the monster's head by switching enchantments and stabbed above his eyelids in his new location. From there, Enzo swung in front of the Lizard's eye.

"I came in like a wreeckiing baaaall..."

Now, from the lizard's point of view, Enzo was directly in front of the lizard. Hopefully, the lizard would try to 'chase' Enzo

Edited by Guest

Feeling the pain in his head stopping, even tho the pain killing spell would be weakening gave Star a good sign that his magical energy was regenerating rather quickly as he could feel it up his horn, but this time it not being his average built up dark magic energy making him feel a bit lighter headed than he did usually. Due to that he felt a bit more strength return to him, hissing lightly at the cut in his leg, making it difficult for him to get up. 

As the narrator would push the lever Star would just look at him, not sure to be angry or just annoyed.

Damn son of a birch.

The floor once more crumbling beneath him and more pillars showing up he'd decide to do something crazy, rolling over on a forming pillar, it boosting him up as he'd then roll off, landing on all 3 of his hooves currently working and using another pillar to balance. 

@@Demirari,

Hearing the mares plan he'd teleport right next to her, his stance still very wobbly.

"10 minutes? " He'd sigh, lighting his horn and then creating something simple but strong, a magical force field around the two. And then he'd inspect the others, trying to make up a plan to keep the beast away. 

"I'll do my best. "

@,

Turning to Enzo who was clearly enjoying himself he'd shout.

"Enzo, try and cripple one of his legs! "

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Then looking up at fantasy, now knowing what she is capable of, but not to what extend he'd also shout.

"Fantasy, I'm not sure how you bloody do it, but if you could summon something that could constantly tease the bloody lizard and help keep it away that would be great!"

@@Totally Ducklett,

Last of all, remembering the unicorn mare who seemed to also be into the work, and more or less clearly knowing what she was doing.

"You, I don't remember your name, but if you could try and somehow blind that lizard in AT LEAST one eye, that would also be something!"

• Brohoof 1

Sensing the serpent already about to shatter, she made him whip his tail to sweep the lizard off his feet.  But ultimately, it wasn't the lizard who dispelled the serpent.  It was Fantasy Moon losing her balance once more thanks to the changing floor.  As it changed, she tried to remain on higher ground, but she ultimately got knocked down a pillar, closer to the lizard, and with more bruises and an injury that was bleeding faster again.  Still though, she managed to stay above the group.

@@Demirari@,

She looked at the two and nodded, making it clear they were heard.  She stood up, trying to ignore the pain in her legs, and summoned the serpent once again.  I believe in you, big guy.  She made the serpent swoop in and instead of biting the lizard, he whipped it with his tail and flew around it in circles, biting and whipping here and there to keep its attention on him.  Ready to play "Circle You, Circle You", you moon-forsaken thing?!

[VOIDED POST]

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Turning his eyes up on a pillar, ignoring Enzo for a moment he'd almost chuckle seeing the state the Fantasy was in. 

"Need some help getting down?! It seems to be clear!"

{Deep into the void you go you evil spawn of darkness. Go back to the shadow from whence you came!]

• Brohoof 1

The Narrator watched the events play out before grumbling. The entire thing has gone to wreck and it wouldn't be fair if each pony had to keep readjusting their actions along with the world reacting to their new actions over and over before the perfect outcome is decided. Closing his eyes, the Narrator created twenty-one magic circles and edited the situation to fit his needs. Hopefully, this wouldn't have to happen again as the Narrator prefers to watch rather than guide.

Dark Star, Arrow, Dapper Charmer, and Midnight Comet were placed around Gentle Secret to offer protection if the lizard decided to attack Gentle Secret as she prepared her spell. The terrain was edited to give the five ponies some protection and their memories altered to prevent any confusion. Each pony maintained their same physical state with Dark Star offering Gentle Secret protection via magic shield. Each pony had also heard what Dark Star had said with his plan. 

Fantasy Moon's location wasn't altered at all and she continues to perform her actions, albeit changed to fit the new circumstances. Her memories were, along with the five, altered to fit the situation and avoid any sense of deja vu or confusion. 

Enzo and Khris continued to perform their actions, but the ice affected the creature very little. At best, the ice would force the lizard to rip most of its upper skin off including the plating, but the brain was protected. The armored plates and the thick skin along with the abnormally thick skull caused the penetration point to strike one-third the way into the skull. 

----

The lizard snarled before slamming its tail against the rising pillars again, sending even more debris at the six ponies that were before it. Its head moved to the right and left as it studied the serpent that was harassing it. Shaking its scales again, the lizard suddenly unhinged its mouth completely, unleashing a moderate blast of acidic liquid towards the serpent before returning its attention to the pony in front of it. 

Lowering its body suddenly, the lizard reached out with one of its front claws at Enzo without warning. Against dumb creatures, the strategy may have worked, but the lizard had learnt many things in its lifetime. 

It appeared that the lizard was slowly becoming more intelligent and more sharp in its reaction time and movements. It also became more aggressive as it took its very few steps towards the six, slowly traversing the increasingly difficult terrain that worked against its massive size. If a biologist or an animal expert was here, they would likely claim that the lizard was drugged and the chemicals are now slowly wearing off. 

Enzo's eyes widened as the Lizard's claws came closing in.

"Bloody yanks that thing has brains"

Deciding to take the most efficient way of escaping, the stag summoned fourth a small etheral blade and stabbed his own face through the eyeball, his dead body vanishing as the blade eviscerated the pony's brains.

And as expected, reappeared unscathed in the room's apparent spawn point. 

"How exactly do we lose this game?"

"I don't know, we drive ourselves insane?"

@EnzoAquila, Turning to Enzo who was clearly enjoying himself he'd shout. "Enzo, try and cripple one of his legs! "

@,  

Remembering the suggested strategy, he looked at the creature's hulking, plated, constantly moving and kicking legs.

"Nope"

With nothing else to do, Enzo scanned the room for his options, finally noticing the levers along the walls. 

"Take a look:One of them has been pulled."

The stag noticed this. 'must be what activated the pillars' 

"WELL, the pillars seem to be helping us. So pull lever = good, right?"

"Not necessaril-"

Enzo swung Khris in a wide Arc towards the ceiling, along the wall, tassel extending, the sword hitting and activating multiple levers. on it's descent back down.

"If one lever modified the entire bucking room..."

( insert rumbling noises here, remove if no longer applicable )

"EVERYPONY BRACE YOURSELVES"

@@Demirari, @,

Midnight caught as much of the debris as she could. Half of it went to creating a sturdy shield for Gentle Secret, while the other half was broken down into projectiles aimed for the lizard's eyes. Midnight, then, saw Enzo's action. She had noticed the switches too, so she made a dash for one he hadn't hit, firing more debris at the lizard from a different angle. Midnight hopped up and pulled the switch with an oddly satisfying *click!*

Loud sounds of chains unraveling from tight coils can be heard as the ground shook. Now, more than ever, the ground became ever so different with only few pillars remain standing and most collapsing. The walls disappeared into the abyss that seemed to surround the room. Instead of what could be sane, now there are only floating platforms, large pillars, and the ever so high ceiling. Then, there was something that would inflict horror upon any.

The pillars were surrounded by a raging sea of water so deep and dark that one can only look an inch below. The large waters crashed into the pillars as small chunks of floating stone blocks happen there and there, colliding into one another and the pillars. Ever so often, a bloom of burning lava would shoot upwards before crashing down back into the dark waters below. 

The lizard stands upon the largest formation of stone pillars along with floating platforms around it. It glimpsed down below before looking up, its glaring eyes watching the ponies. 

It heard something underneath.

----

Gentle Secret was lucky enough that she stood upon pillars without having to move much. Completing the last few equations, she took a large breath as her horn shined ever so brighter. Around her both formed three magic circles that were on top of each other with runes and numbers dancing from clockwise to counterclockwise. Each symbol had a faint blue hue as a final circle appeared at the tip of her horn.

Then, a sudden beam of jagged magic shot forward at a rapid pace, striking the lizard and blowing it back by meters. The beam of jagged light tore at the overlapping plates and thick skin, burning and slashing into the flesh before before the beam suddenly arced upwards, slicing through stone pillars and platforms with relatively ease before collapsing. 

Gentle Secret fumbled a little before catching herself before she fell down into the dark waters. Something had collided with the pillars she was standing on, shaking it before subsiding. 

----

The lizard slowly got up to its feet before letting out a loud roar as it leaned on the side that was severely damaged.