private Search for a New Life

RarityLuna

Once he had seen Midnight appear, his heart felt relieved. But as soon as he noticed he transformed into a changeling form, he did not know what to feel now. At that moment, he wanted to punch this changeling for taking the guise of Midnight, until something else happened. Once the changeling approached him and winked to him, Electrobolt was confused. *Wait... What's going on now?* he thought, confused. But for now, he played along, as he continued to glare at the changeling prince.

(edited)

Starry had realized her body had changed form, "Wh-what? what's happening?" she thought, but after seeing the others, she seemed confused, but she stayed silent

Edited by Narutardedscum

"captain, would you prefer to take this up with my mother? im sure chrystialis would be more then happy to get you to understand, i was hoping i could resolve this peacefully."

midnight looked around "i take that as a no then?"

"WHat a changeling? what? Midnight MOON? NO a changeling? WHAT ON EQUESTRIA?!" Zarely glared at the changeling continuing her wierd what? questions panicked.

The changeling captain stared down the Changeling "Prince" while Draft gathered up all his scattered scrolls and ink, watching the two with great interest.

At last the Captain bowed his head and took a step back.

"Very well," he hissed through his fangs, "your highness. Please forgive my insubordination."

The captain nodded to his soldiers and they stood down. "I trust you shall leave the shards of the meteorite in my care, to return to our Queen?" he said, reaching for the saddlebags on Electro's back, "and, if I may be so bold as to inquire, what are your plans for the rest of these...friends of yours?"

Midnights heart was pounding but he smiled "that is for me to know." he put the shard on the ground and nodded the group to move out of the room,

"now that they know what i am, a bit of a memory wipe will set things straight captain, they will be a problem no more, and no one will know of your exsistance here, so you can continue, whatever it is your doing, and leave us out of it, are we clear?"

Zarely knew that the Changeling had mentioned for the group to go away. But Zarely said "Are YOU REALLY MIDNIGHT MOOOOONNNN?" she asked loudly. She didn't belive one of the group was a changeling. She got tired of waiting for an answer and went outside.

The captain nodded slowly and leaned over to pick up and admire the piece of the meteorite.

"As you command, sire," he said, still glaring at the 'prince,' "glory to the hive."

The rest of the changelings all gathered around the captain as Draft and the others followed the changeling prince back through the underground hallways.

"Okay," Draft said once they were outside earshot of the changelings, "what in Equestria is going on!?"

"Yeah, I want to know too..." Electrobolt muttered to himself. He was confused and conflicted right now. For one thing, he was friends with Midnight for a good while, and Midnight was going to teach him how to use a bow. And then he turned out to be a changeling? He had no idea what was going on anymore.

(edited)

Midnight kept up his princely act until they were far enough away that the changlings wouldnt know, but he figured they didnt care anymore,

"whew, everypony..... remind me never to do that again, i almost started believing my own story." he shuddered, "uggh, couldnt keep eye contact with that captain, for much longer."

Storm surge was in her changeling form, as she eyed the others though she kept her head low and in a non threatning way "midnight, theres a bit of a problem."

midnight frowned, "problem?"

she nodded, "yes, i misunderstood the magic, i used, i-it may be in effect for awhile longer then i thought, i couldnt find the counter spell."

she looked down, midnight sighed and patted her shoulder, "its okay......we...will figure something out."

he turned back to the others, "i owe you all an explination, first, i am not really a changeling, it was storm surges magic that did that part, it was all a plan to get you guys out of there, hoping that i would get nopony injured, second, i am sorry if this makes you not like me as a friend anymore, but i did what had to be done."

he looked down then back up, "i....dont blame you all honestly....tugging at your heartstrings like that...kind of a bad thing to do....."

Edited by Midnight Moon

"Um... It's no problem, Midnight..I really don't mind if it was to get us out of this situation....I'm okay with it," Starry said

Electrobolt felt like hitting Midnight for making them believe he was their friends when he revealed his Changeling form, but then he noticed the other Changeling come in and say what she said. And hearing Midnight's explanation eventually settled his anger. His face slowly changed from that of anger to a simple smile as he recalled that wink that Midnight gave him. "Hey, it's alright," he responded. "You had to do what was necessary... And needless to say, it was rather convincing. I really thought you were a Changeling there."

midnight smiled "thank you, all, really."

he sighed, "we need to tell somepony about them back there," he looked down then blushed, "i-i would go, but.....for obvious reasons i cant."

"No problem Midnight, thanks for saving us. Sorry if I doubted it was you before. I guess I didn't see the wink. Yes, what are you going to fdo with the changelings, like Song said." Zarely asked. She was sorry about doubting it was Midnight Moon at the beggining.

(sorry I'm a little lost at the moment, thanks website issues! :D

Is Storm Surge with them right now but disguised as a normal pony? For some reason I thought she was following them at a distance, unseen. They don't know she's a changeling, though?)

Draft shook his head. "I'm...I'm sorry, I'm just kind of frazzled over everything that just happened."

(sorry I'm a little lost at the moment, thanks website issues! :D

Is Storm Surge with them right now but disguised as a normal pony? For some reason I thought she was following them at a distance, unseen. They don't know she's a changeling, though?)

Draft shook his head. "I'm...I'm sorry, I'm just kind of frazzled over everything that just happened."

(she wants to mingle with them all, but only midnight knows her as a changeling, the others think its just a spell.)

"its to be expected, draft, but.....youve got wings, can you go warn the royal guard, then we can figure out how to get me and her out of here without causing problems."