Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony from Serbia

Saxton Hale

What's up?

Been looking for a community to share my thoughts about the show, so I stumbled upon this forum and decided to join.

as you can say, from my username, I'm a big fan of TF2 as well as I am fan of this show. And I see there is a TF2 server that this forum hosts. Very nice.

I am from Serbia, and unfortunately, this show isn't very popular here. It's aired on one of the least popular kid's channels around here, and voice acting is terrible. spike sounds like a girl, Twilight Sparkle sound like an aged woman, and Fluttershy has her voice 40 decibels louder than it's supposed to. And translation is pretty bad, in my opinion.

But nevertheless, I watch it and enjoy it on YouTube (looking forward to that wedding episode, according to previews, it looks like it's gonna be excellent).

Furthermore, Serbian brony community is really small (Facebook fan page only has, like, 60 fans). And, I'm kinda trying to spread the word by suggesting the show to people who might like it. Not trying to be pushy, I just say "hey, you could watch this, it's great".

Anyway, how did I become a brony, due to fact that it isn't very popular here?

Well, I owe it to the aforementioned TF2, in fact. I started playing that game a week after it became F2P. I really liked the game and decided to join some communities (as you can tell, for every thing I really like, i try to find a way to join some sort of community just to keep up with things).

I joined the SPUF. And after a couple of days visiting that forum, I noticed that people were talking about ponies. At first I wasn't paying too much attention, thought that someone was trolling. But I started to see pony references a lot. Not only on SPUF but in various places around the internet as well.

Now, up until then, my opinion on "My Little Pony" was based on the older show that started in 90s, for which I found unbearable to watch. o I was like "why are people so hyping over this?". At that point I also got familiar with term "brony".

So I started snooping around. I saw some captioned pictures around, and thought they were hilarious. Also noticed that characters are pretty cute. Then I went on YouTube, and saw some short clips, mainly some quotes from the show, which were spewed across the SPUF forum.

I didn't show so much interest until the February where the amount of pony references I managed to find around the net drove me to checking out the show. i was like "let's see if this show deserves as much credit as people give it. Typed in "watch mlp fim online" in search-bar and clicked the first episode. Then I watched the second one and up until that point I thought "wow, this is actually pretty decent". And then episode after the episode I was slowly converting.

"Wow, this show is really something". I got hooked up. It reminded me of old Cartoon Network (the one that didn't suck like the new one). I saw that producer was Lauren Faust and said "well, no wonder this is so good".

And ever since then I hype every time when the new episode is about to be released. I also read a lot of fanfics since then, my favorite one being "Waking nightmares" (a TF2 MLP crossover fanfic), and became a fan of music authors such as Mic The Microphone, Wooden Toaster, The Living Tombstone and many more.

This is one of the greatest communities I saw. Props to everyone for always managing to put a smile on my face. I hope you don't mind the post this big, and I really appreciate if you took time to read it all.

Brohoof /)

• Brohoof 7

Welcome to the forums! You're from Serbia, eh? I believe you are the very first Serbian Brony we have had here in this site, and that's certainly not a bad thing. I'm always interested in hearing of bronies all over the world. Though I'm sorry you have to listen to one of the horrible translations from another country. In many cartoons the original dub is most often the best, and considering your clear proficiency of the English language, I'd say that you don't really need the translation anyways ;)

Anyways, Welcome to MLP Forums, I hope you have as great a time as possible ;)

• Brohoof 1

We're always glad to have another brony here!

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks, mate!

Welcome to the forums! You're from Serbia, eh? I believe you are the very first Serbian Brony we have had here in this site, and that's certainly not a bad thing. I'm always interested in hearing of bronies all over the world. Though I'm sorry you have to listen to one of the horrible translations from another country. In many cartoons the original dub is most often the best, and considering your clear proficiency of the English language, I'd say that you don't really need the translation anyways ;)

Anyways, Welcome to MLP Forums, I hope you have as great a time as possible ;)

Yes, I don't need any translations, but considering the fact that I suggest this show to my friends who are not very good at English, I wish there were some decent voice actors.

But if nothing works, I will make some sub-title files for the show, so they can get episodes from iTunes or something like that and use my sub-title files.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. ;)

Interesting how you discovered MLP:FiM through TF2! I hope we see you on our TF2 server - watch out for our meetup there this Saturday:

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/58-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Serbia, eh? While I'm really of Bulgarian origin (and live across the pond in Canada), it's awesome to meet a fellow Slavic brony. :)

• Brohoof 2

Interesting how you discovered MLP:FiM through TF2! I hope we see you on our TF2 server - watch out for our meetup there this Saturday:

Serbia, eh? While I'm really of Bulgarian origin (and live across the pond in Canada), it's awesome to meet a fellow Slavic brony. :)

Thanks for the invite, but I joined the server earlier today and my ping was around 150. So I don't think i will perform well. Especially because I main Scout, I think most of the meatshots won't register well :D

Thanks for the welcome!

Hmmm, you are from SPUF too! AFAIK, Me and King K. Rool are the only people from SPUF.

Welcome to the forums! I hope to see you on the TF2 server one day!

my ping was around 150.

My ping is around 300, because I live all the way in Australia, you can still have fun on the server with a high ping (and when you lose, blame it on your ping)

Edited by Flare^99999999999
  • Brohoof 1

Hmmm, you are from SPUF too! AFAIK, Me and King K. Rool are the only people from SPUF.

Welcome to the forums! I hope to see you on the TF2 server one day!

My ping is around 300, because I live all the way in Australia, you can still have fun on the server with a high ping (and when you lose, blame it on your ping)

i expected some other SPUFers as well here. I think i will be visiting the server. If nothing, I could Spy-crab ordo a Sandvich picnic. :D

welcome!!!

Thanks!!!

Hello there! I don't really know why, but I've always wanted to visit Serbia. Enjoy your stay :)

Thanks for a welcome. Serbia is known for pretty lively night life. If you ever visit Serbia, be sure to check out some clubs (if you're a fan of folk music). And also, some of the landmarks like Kalemegdan fort, Avala tower and many more. ;)

Thanks for a welcome. Serbia is known for pretty lively night life. If you ever visit Serbia, be sure to check out some clubs (if you're a fan of folk music). And also, some of the landmarks like Kalemegdan fort, Avala tower and many more. ;)

Thanks for the recommendations, it's more of an impossible dream though, I've never been overseas and I don't think going to Serbia will be an option for me, at least not now. I'll make sure to do what you said if I finally get to come to your contry though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So...

First of all, time to introduce meself :3

So I am this kid from Serbia that is into ponies. I skateboard, play the guitar, do graffiti stencils sometimes and stuff like that. I have been a brony since June last year. Discovered ponies through a meme on Memebase (It was this meme that got me intrigued: http://memegenerator.net/instance/10426767 ... or something like that XD)

After a while, I made some international friends, had some fun time... I know maybe... *thinks* Around 100 bronies personally, but none are Serbian. And that sucks. I was searching on Rainbow Dash Network, Pony Square, Cloudsdale, many forums, google... No one was to be found... So today, I felt lucky and gave google a shot again, and I saw this post. Immediately, I made an account and started writing :D

I am God damn glad to know that there are more Serbian bronies out there! Pozdrav svima! =3

Thanks for your time. :3

• 10 months later...
Welcome to the MLP forums my good friend! My name's Shade Twister, and this is probably the kindest, truest, most loyal and generous place on the internet. Oh and of course it is the most magic!

If you need any help at all, don't hesitate to contact me immedietly and I will try to help the best I can. Again welcome! (Song below)

Welcome welcome welcome

A fine welcome to you

Welcome welcome welcome

I say how do you do?

Welcome welcome welcome

I say hip hip hurray

Welcome welcome welcome

To M - L - P today!

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Gdje si bijo brate (Where have you been brother)!? :-D I'm born from Balkan parents (mother: Montenegrin (was born in Serbia). Father: Bosnian). But born as a Canadian citizen. I love our heritage background!

Btw, about the Serbian dub, in my humble opinion, to a certain part of the series, made my heart melt listening to our beautiful Balkan language like that (the rhymes remind me of the old 1970's Na Slovo Na Slovo episodes (yes I have some VHS cassettes of some episodes))! (Italian is another beautiful language don't get me wrong). Here's that part: 

I hope you respect my take on THAT part the dub at least. *Brohoof*

Also, why not add me on Steam (if you're interested)?

Edited by Jonny Music