open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

Kazas would come upon the desired location not too long after Vera had spoke of it to him. Swooping down and landing lightly, the ashen griffon knelt down so Vera could safely dismount. " Well now, here we are! I can't wait!"

Vera got off as easily as she got on, "Alright. Let's go inside then, shall we?" She trotted up to the door, and went inside, expecting Kazas to follow, "Wow. They're pretty prestigious here. It's like a 4 and a half star restaurant up in here." She turned her head to Kazas, "Come on, let's grab a table."

As these Saduarians parted as if they were a river divided, Lorec and his family turned to face the approaching warrior from the northern hinterlands of Equestria. Each of them smiling warmly, as if they were welcoming a member of their own family. Stepping forward, the taurette whom Lorec had embraced moments before took a few steps forward, and knelt down to Tyra on one knee. Eagerly wishing to make conversation with the little warrior.

" So... You are the one who battled my oaf of a husband, are you?"

Tyra smiled widely as she passed through the parting sea of Sadaurians, meeting the proud gazes of Lorec and his family. She couldn't help but feel accomplished, that she had earned the respect of all these mighty fighters from days past, and they had earned hers, no mistake. She could almost feel a bond between the two clans forging.

She watched as the taurette, who she guessed was Lorec's wife, stood forward and kneeled down to her.

"Aye, I am," she answered proudly, allowing herself a snicker at the larger woman's comment, "And it was a great fight. One I was proud to even be part of!"

"Never!" Xiang rasped, gritting his teeth through the pain in his kneecap. He too had taken a lot of damage in this spar, but it would be unlike him to surrender now. Though, if this carried on, he might have no choice.

He tried to flip Violet over, and reverse the pressure she was putting on him onto her.

violet blinked, as she was flipped over. "hey wait a min--" she clenched her teeth, feeling the pressure peak in her knee. 

she cursed, as her wings started to flap a bit frantically, even taking them into the air...apparently, violet was strong enough to fly with someone dragging her down. 

Yuki smiled back. She was a bit surprised by Zenru and his generous offer. And when Yrel chimed in, she knew what was alright, "Alright then. The total price comes to 2250 bits." She wrote something else down in her notepad for confirmation, "Anything else you want?"

"...make it look pretty. although that was a given." zenru smiled again, as yrel had started to bounce.

"with rainbows! and feath--feath--" she got a little tongue-tied. "--feathers engraved in it! and my full name on the inside! with an R and an L to tell me which is which! and--"

zenru put a hoof over her mouth. "and that'll be all." 

@@P-Jay,

Yuki smiled, and closed her notepad, "Alrighty! I'll have them ready for you soon." A ding was heard from the kitchen, "Oh, excuse me."

She went into the kitchen, and came out with a plate of homemade pizza rolls. They filled the room with the savory, mouthwatering aroma of cheese, garlic, and hay. She sat them on the table, and sat back down, "So tell me, what made you choose your line of work? Is your job fun?"

violet blinked, as she was flipped over. "hey wait a min--" she clenched her teeth, feeling the pressure peak in her knee. 

she cursed, as her wings started to flap a bit frantically, even taking them into the air...apparently, violet was strong enough to fly with someone dragging her down. 

Xiang blinked with shock as he felt himself being lifted off the ground. Could he be this light? Or... is this mare truly that strong?!

There was no time to dwell on that now; he had a fight to win.

His own, dragon-like wings began to flap as well, trying to gain control over the aerial lock-up. If he could get the advantage, he could attempt to use his signature attack.

Though, when the thought crossed his mind, he realised he had never tried it while locked up in close conflict like this. But, there was always a first time for everything.

"I know about them, yes," she confirmed with a nod, "Why?"

Rhetoric bit his lip "We need one to go back in time and check up on some events forgotten... Its important for the safety of Equestria, and I can probably promise there isn't any namby pampy lessons about friendship or sappy morals involved here, its a serious matter."

He still didn't feel comfortable telling her terra's story just yet, itr didn't seem like information he could just give out  

@J.R.

Celestia shook her head at Ice Blizzard's comment. "She did not seem particularly emotional as she left, and she is with a pony I trust, though I have only known him for a short time. I am sure she will be fine." She looked to the window, though her sights her were set on the castle, and last night's visit in particular. "Now, if you'll excuse. I apologize, but I believe I left some guests waiting in the royal quarters." In a flash of brilliant light, Celestia disappeared.

"And I believe I was interrupted from sleep." In her sister's absence, Luna finally spoke up. "Right so; I am glad to see my niece has recovered safely. However, the day was not designed for me. I will be returning as well." In a flash of black smoke, Luna joined her sister.

Cadence looked to Shining Armor in the silence. "I really wanted to meet that mare, too. Just... to know."

Rhetoric bit his lip "We need one to go back in time and check up on some events forgotten... Its important for the safety of Equestria, and I can probably promise there isn't any namby pampy lessons about friendship or sappy morals involved here, its a serious matter."

He still didn't feel comfortable telling her terra's story just yet, itr didn't seem like information he could just give out  

Starlight blinked and listened to Rhetoric's explanation. As amusing as his comment about 'namby-pampy lessons about friendship' and 'sappy morals' was, she couldn't help but feel relieved that she wasn't in store for them.

The last thing she wanted was The Magic of Friendship shoved down her throat again.

She nodded at last. "Alright, what is this matter?"

----

Indus was enjoying his stay at the Princess's residence for the moment. It was nice and quiet, and aside from housekeeping and the occasional room service, he was undisturbed.

His suit jacket was neatly draped over a chair as he was leaned over a desk, a navy aura enveloping a quill that scribbled down on a page.

...and by combining Star Swirl's theory of dimensional travel magic with my findings on Conjuration, I believe it may very well be possible to...

She nodded at last. "Alright, what is this matter?"

@@Fractured

Rhetoric sighed and looked to Terra 'it is not for me to say.. Oh we're are my manners. Terra this is Starlight Glimmer my acquaintance and perhaps future um friend, Starlight, this is Terra my um other acquaintance.." he wasn't sure what to call either of them, he didn't dare call them friends, as much as he wanted to.

"I believe you two may have somewhat similar problems.. ironically much like my other unicorn friend Trixie... um anyway..." he trailed off and hopped someone would pick it up 

Edited by The Down Trotten

@@Fractured,

Ice blinked, looking at Celestia as she left, "Bye, Celly!" He looked at Luna as she left, "Bye Luna."

He then turned his head back to Cadence and Shining Armor, "If I see her again, I'll be sure to send her your way. It should be more peaceful now anyway." He looked at the clock. He had somewhere to be, "That's it, I guess. I hope you feel better soon, Cadence."

He got up, "I'll come back to visit again. Bye you two." After taking his leave, Ice then headed for a place he felt he needed to return after the two days had passed: Rarity's Boutique, "I wonder how she's doing today. I hope she's up for a nice walk."

He made it to the Boutique, and knocked on the door.

"Evasive...evasive...Oh!" Rain Shadow jumped up in surprise for a moment, before leaving off into a side room closet. There was a sound of loud rumbling for a moment, a variety of items flying out and falling onto the floor of the arena, before Rain Shadow came back out, holding a strange object.   "Here it is." She set it down; it appeared to be an object for shooting projectiles. Four sleek barrels constituted the head, which rested on thin black, spindly legs. There was a basket of wiffle balls at the bottom, which seemed as if they would float up, through suction or magic, before lodging themselves in the barrel and firing. Rain Shadow grinned.   "Would this work? Or, is it too much?"

Amber sized up the machine.

"Seems perfect!" she said. It didn't look like it could cause any damage to herself, or anything around her. She picked up one of the wiffle balls to test its weight. This might be too easy, she thought, but then another idea came to her as she placed the ball gently back into its basket.

"This is a good opportunity for me to practice teleportation," she said, turning to the mare rather proudly. Of the few spells she had picked up on her travels, teleportation was among the hardest. She pulled a scroll out of her saddlebag with a flourish, and reviewed it quickly.

"I'm not really good at it yet, but hopefully I can perfect it," she added, a tad more humbly. "After all, its not much good if I can only teleport out of the frying pan and into the fire!" Amber chuckled.

Edited by AmberDust

Yuki smiled, and closed her notepad, "Alrighty! I'll have them ready for you soon." A ding was heard from the kitchen, "Oh, excuse me."

She went into the kitchen, and came out with a plate of homemade pizza rolls. They filled the room with the savory, mouthwatering aroma of cheese, garlic, and hay. She sat them on the table, and sat back down, "So tell me, what made you choose your line of work? Is your job fun?"

"...it has it's moments..." zenru cast a glance at his weapons, "but its mostly tiring, really. a very taxing line of work...and i didnt really choose it. but somepony certainly had to." 

he took a pizza roll, before starting to eat slowly. 

"im going to be his suc-ces-sor!" yrel voiced out each part individually, "im gonna be fast, like him!"

she, on the other hand, started to eat them two at a time. yelping a little as she burned her tongue, and then kept on anyways. 

Xiang blinked with shock as he felt himself being lifted off the ground. Could he be this light? Or... is this mare truly that strong?!

There was no time to dwell on that now; he had a fight to win.

His own, dragon-like wings began to flap as well, trying to gain control over the aerial lock-up. If he could get the advantage, he could attempt to use his signature attack.

Though, when the thought crossed his mind, he realised he had never tried it while locked up in close conflict like this. But, there was always a first time for everything.

violet was still trying to get his bearings, so when xiang started to flap his wings too, she was thrown even more off-balance. 

xiang was quickly gaining the upper-hoof in this fight...which was bad for her. she started to try and twist out of his grasp, trying to throw him off-balance, as she did so.

@@P-Jay,

Yuki took a mental note of it all, and nodded when Zenru had finished, "That sounds very interesting. It must be very comforting to see a younger relative wanting to be like you when they get older." She sat back, and looked at an old photo album, "Even though my little Icey didn't want to be like me, he made me even prouder by choosing his own path in life."

She then put on some reading glasses, "That's not to say one upbringing is better than another. As long as one's child is happy with their life, then the parent has done something right. Wouldn't you agree?"

violet was still trying to get his bearings, so when xiang started to flap his wings too, she was thrown even more off-balance. 

xiang was quickly gaining the upper-hoof in this fight...which was bad for her. she started to try and twist out of his grasp, trying to throw him off-balance, as she did so.

Xiang snarled as he tried to hold onto Violet, realising she was trying to shake him off. He tried his best to keep balance, but with her twisting, it was becoming increasingly difficult.

He let himself slip slightly, cursing in his head. Hopefully, if she hadn't noticed, he could quickly recover.

@@Fractured,

A small grin formed on Fuse’s face, “Well. Can’t say I’ve ever met somepony else who appreciated my talents to the point they’d call it a masterpiece.”

The grin faded pretty quickly, “But yes, seems somepony wants to get on your good side, so I’m here to get you out. So let’s do that before the fire attracts too much unwanted attention shall we?”

"Oh, Lieutenant!" The guard yelped, he and the other guards giving Lightning a hasty salute, "My apologies sir, I didn't recognise you out of uniform. Yes sir, Captain Shining Armour is in the city. He's investigating some kind of magical anomaly, though I'm afraid I don't know his exact whereabouts."

Cloud's eyes widened at hearing Lightning's introduction to the guards. "You're a bigshot in the Royal Guard?!"

(OOC: Back  from the grave, finally. Sorry, I'll try to post more often from now on)

​"Well, I wouldn't say bigshot," ​Lightning said.  ​"My position doesn't get me a whole lot of recognition. In Canterlot, most ponies don't pay much attention to non-royalty, especially when you're a Pegasus, but I do my best to help Equestria, and that's good enough.  Besides, if I can win enough battles here I can be recognized for that.

​First things first, though.  I gotta find Prince Shining Armor.  He hasn't responded in a while, and that's concerning us, especially  with all the Princesses here in this city.  Do you think you can help me look for them, Cloudchaser?"

@Unicorncob@The Down Trotten

"I can't remember my past." Terra interrupted. "Any of it." She looked down towards the ground. "No, that's not accurate. I've been alive since before the three tribes ever walked this land. But, there was a time before; one that I have no recollection of." Terra finished. She looked right at the mare, unsure what to think. "I've heard that you can travel back in time, or know a way to. I would appreciate it if you would help me, though i'm not sure if I can offer you anything you might want."

-------

@Star Saber

"Perhaps you don't know your own flames, then." Nightingale remarked. "This color, this intensity... it's hard to match. It's almost a shame we'll be leaving." Nightingale took out through the door anyway, moving quickly. Guards would be swarming this place as soon as the pony inside could call for help. She knew that well enough from experience.

"So, who sent you, and why?" she asked, as she glided next to Fuse. "You're not from the guild, and it seems a little strange that any one pony would go through such trouble to release a criminal."

-------

@Unicorncob@The Down Trotten

Celestia had made it back to her quarters unnaccosted. It was a simple walk to the guest's room, and to where she had last left Indus and Blueblood the night before. "Professor Indus." she called out, knocking telekinetically. "I have been advised that you and Prince Blueblood have come to see me." She was lying of course, and now that it was morning, she was feeling the slightest wisps of guilt float up, nagging at her. But, it was too late to change things now.

-------

@AmberDust

Rain Shadow blinked. "Um, teleportation? I'm not sure I know much about it." she pondered, going over the things she learned from books. "Um, displacing space, spatial coordinates, material transfer..." She paused. "Uh...why don't you just try it out? I'm sure you know better than I do. After all, you've done it; i've just been in a couple of books."

-------

Rarity had been putting so much time into La Clochette over the past week, she barely realized what was going on around her anymore. She had been particularly to finish the magic engine, and even more so after the fluke a few weeks ago, that she almost missed the knock at the door. As it was, she woke up slightly trancey, having lost track of time. Leaving the softly humming machine to run in the background, she left her workstation, and headed for the door.

"Oh, Ice Blizzard, it's you." she called out on opening it. She smiled. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

@@Fractured,

Ice had a blank expression on his face until Rarity showed up at her door. At which he made a slight smile, "Hey, Rarity. I was just walking around and wondered how you were doing, so I decided to pop in."

He moved his head to the side, to look behind her, and looked at her once again, "So, how has La Clochette been doing? I remember the last time I saw you, it was working pretty well, right?"

"I can't remember my past." Terra interrupted. "Any of it." She looked down towards the ground. "No, that's not accurate. I've been alive since before the three tribes ever walked this land. But, there was a time before; one that I have no recollection of." Terra finished. She looked right at the mare, unsure what to think. "I've heard that you can travel back in time, or know a way to. I would appreciate it if you would help me, though i'm not sure if I can offer you anything you might want."

Starlight tapped her hoof on her chin in thought. That was indeed interesting; this 'Terra' has been alive since long before the founding of Equestria, or so she said.

"I don't require anything in return," she said humbly, raising a hoof, "The chance to see Equestria before its colonisation will be reward enough! Is there anything at all you can remember about that era? Anything will help."

It was true; she didn't mind getting nothing in return. And she was more than a little giddy inside about this little field trip. Maybe Twilight's words were setting in...?

Celestia had made it back to her quarters unnaccosted. It was a simple walk to the guest's room, and to where she had last left Indus and Blueblood the night before. "Professor Indus." she called out, knocking telekinetically. "I have been advised that you and Prince Blueblood have come to see me." She was lying of course, and now that it was morning, she was feeling the slightest wisps of guilt float up, nagging at her. But, it was too late to change things now.

Indus's ears flicked as he heard the voice of Princess Celestia from outside the door. A satisfaction filled him; it was about time he got to meet with his ex-headmistress now employer.

He got up from the desk and walked to the door, opening it with his magic and bowing his head in respect to the Princess before him.

"Your Majesty," he said, looking up at her, "It's good to see you again at last."

Rain Shadow blinked. "Um, teleportation? I'm not sure I know much about it." she pondered, going over the things she learned from books. "Um, displacing space, spatial coordinates, material transfer..." She paused. "Uh...why don't you just try it out? I'm sure you know better than I do. After all, you've done it; i've just been in a couple of books."

Amber nodded, somewhat foggily. I wonder why this mare has been studying magic, she thought to herself. The thought didn't make it much farther than that, though. Rain wasn't the first non-unicorn she'd met with an interest in magic, after all, and Amber certainly understood the power of curiosity, no matter how bland a magical text may seem. Amber thought briefly of her brother, who had a similar, unquenchable curiosity about magic, and smiled. She tapped the wiffle ball machine lightly with a hoof.

"Maybe we should bring this outside. Do you have a courtyard here or anything?" she asked.

"It's just that, well, teleportation can be a kind of...messy business," she added, laughing sheepishly, "I'm likely to knock something over."

Yuki took a mental note of it all, and nodded when Zenru had finished, "That sounds very interesting. It must be very comforting to see a younger relative wanting to be like you when they get older." She sat back, and looked at an old photo album, "Even though my little Icey didn't want to be like me, he made me even prouder by choosing his own path in life."

She then put on some reading glasses, "That's not to say one upbringing is better than another. As long as one's child is happy with their life, then the parent has done something right. Wouldn't you agree?"

"...Indeed..." He frowned a little, as if withholding information, "I just wish she could be something else...My line of work requires...Swordplay, more often then not." He sighed, "and that worries me."

He had taken a few of the pizza rolls, eating them slowly. Yrel, meanwhile, had started to wander again, with the plate of pizza rolls. Looking over Yuki's house with keen interest, smiling at the decor she found.

Xiang snarled as he tried to hold onto Violet, realising she was trying to shake him off. He tried his best to keep balance, but with her twisting, it was becoming increasingly difficult.

He let himself slip slightly, cursing in his head. Hopefully, if she hadn't noticed, he could quickly recover.

Violet twisted once more, after he slipped away, trying to regain her bearings in the air. Spinning around to face him, breathing rather heavily. 

"...This has gotten a little out of hoof, wouldn't you agree?" She asked, lowering down to the ground a little. "Spars are supposed to give two martial artists a good idea of how skilled their friend is...And I would say your a master...Certainly more experienced then me."

She hesitantly got back into her stance, "but if you want to keep on, then I'm all for it..."

Violet twisted once more, after he slipped away, trying to regain her bearings in the air. Spinning around to face him, breathing rather heavily. 

"...This has gotten a little out of hoof, wouldn't you agree?" She asked, lowering down to the ground a little. "Spars are supposed to give two martial artists a good idea of how skilled their friend is...And I would say your a master...Certainly more experienced then me."

She hesitantly got back into her stance, "but if you want to keep on, then I'm all for it..."

Xiang panted heavily as he lowered down to the ground, keeping his eyes locked on Violet's. There was no denying it; this young mare was skilled.

"You are no doubt well trained," he admitted, smiling at her, "Your master seems like he would be a friend of mine."

He stood down, sitting onto his haunches. "I am not ashamed to call off this spar. I am satisfied with what I've seen... and as strong as I am, I am still old, and my body can only take so much."

(edited)

@@P-Jay,

Yuki put her hoof on his shoulder, "Look at me," she said in that assertive, yet, caring motherly tone, "Your niece will grow up to do great things. Just let her do what she likes best, and find her own path in life. Whether it's the same as yours or something different should not matter. What matters is that you should support what she wants to do regardless."

She let go, and spoke in a lighter tone, "Now, of course it was very difficult for me to let my little Icey go down the path of an adventurer, but I eventually came to accept it when I realized that one day, he would be able to take care of himself." She looked at Zenru with warm eyes, "A parent or guardian has to be understanding. And put their child's best interests first and foremost. Can you do that for her?"

Edited by J.R.

@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

"Back then, there weren't really any buildings or structures. The place you call Bangcolt was just a series of poorly built wooden structures that had been adandoned by one of the tribes. Earth ponies and Pegasi were nomads that lived wherever they could find food. Mostly near each other," she finished, as she struggled to remember. "I was in the unicorn tribe for a long time, where the mountains that lead to Canterlot begin," she finished.

-------

@J.R.

"It's doing great, actually. I haven't been able to replicate the success that I had with it over the last few weeks, but it's running at 73%, and the duplicates are all running at 40% projected efficiency, which is much more than I expected for a few weeks of work. I can't say i'll be done anytime soon, but I can't complain about the progress," she finished. She looked at Ice Blizzard intently. "But, you didn't really come here to talk about La Clochette, did you?"

-------

@AmberDust

"There's a field next to the forest, and I don't think it's too far from here," Rain Shadow replied. "About half a mile east, outside of the city. Do you think that'll be big enough?" she asked. Having no idea of Amber Dust's capabilities, she wasn't sure. Unicorn magic, in her experience, tended to be unstable when first used, and the last thing she wanted was her new friend winding up half-in, half-out of a building, if she could help it in any way.