open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

@@Fractured

Rhetoric had an urge to hug  Trixie, but given the circumstances that didn't seem right. No, not at all. 

"I... Beatrix, I wish to offer you help, but considering the harm I've already caused you, I don't know if that is wise. But nonetheless here I am..." he chuckled weakly 

"I just wanted to offer you another chance at adventure, who knows maybe you'll find the path your looking for." he looked around her house/shop "But if you have no interest in coming, I can't blame you. But I wanted you to know, on the chance I don't come back, or if I um... pass, I'd like you to have my new fortune. 

I know it can't possibly repair the harm I've done but it only seems right..." he could go on, he could always go on but words seemed to be of little value at this point 

"Okay... I won't ask anymore. I just wanted to know." Terra could tell in the pause that there was something the mare was hiding, or didn't want to tell her, but she let it go. Everypony was entitled to their secrets; she of all ponies knew that more than the rest. She had no right to ask.

"I'm not sure what your relationship is to them. But, I can feel it's a heavy issue; one that you don't want to talk about. I apologize."

"No, it's okay," Starlight muttered, looking back up at Terra with a forced smile, "It's not like you knew about it... anyway, it's not important. What is important is getting you to the past."

She took a look around, surveying her surroundings. "Are there any places or areas you recall from back then? They can make for a good starting point."

@J.R.

"Sure," Rarity replied. "I didn't get see too much of it the last time I was there, anyway. If I remember correctly, I... eh-heh... passed out." She started to develop a slow blush; the thought that she had quite literally fainted at the sight of so much beauty was a particularly embarassing idea for her, especially considering her fashionista status. But, she was prepared now. Already, thoughts of brilliant designs based off of the wonders contained within were floating through her head. As well as the ensuing battle, of which she was more than concerned about. In truth, she had no idea what the gems might do, to her, or to Ice Blizzard. "Best to take it slow", she thought, as she picked up the gem, fastening it to her neck. "I'm ready."

-------

@Star Saber

"How quaint," Nightingale replied, continuing to look around. With an errant slowness, her wing brushed by the part of her pack containing her decent array of flash bombs; something that might be useful in the dark room and close quarters that she was about to enter. She followed him towards the door, all the while still analyzing exit strategies and points of attack and defense.

-------

"I'm not sure you can.." She stood up, and after a moment, La Clochette floated over to her, attaching itself to her neck. "But, I can't stay here. Not right now. Erroria will keep up after me." She looked at her hat and cape for a moment, and then shook her head, turning back to Rhetoric. "I'm ready to go."

-------

@Unicorncob

"As I said before, it was mostly flatlands, and quite different from what it was now. But right at the base of Canterlot's mountain, in the flatlands there was a civilization of unicorns. It wasn't much at the time; just scattered shelters where they all lived together, trying to survive against the wilderness and the elements. But, they were there." Along with others she never wanted to meet again, she thought with a sinking heart. But she had to do this.

"As I said before, it was mostly flatlands, and quite different from what it was now. But right at the base of Canterlot's mountain, in the flatlands there was a civilization of unicorns. It wasn't much at the time; just scattered shelters where they all lived together, trying to survive against the wilderness and the elements. But, they were there." Along with others she never wanted to meet again, she thought with a sinking heart. But she had to do this.

Starlight nodded, having a clear picture of the place Terra described in her head. "We'll have to travel back to Ponyville, and make the journey on hoof. The train doesn't go to the base of the mountain."

She walked toward the city, before stopping and looking at Terra once again. "Are you absolutely sure about this?"

@@Fractured,

Ice nodded, and cracked his neck a bit, "Alrighty. Follow me." He took her back to the secret location of his ancestry that had everything in its exact same place. The woods seemed endless as they were transported back to the same spot where the healing lake was, "Here we are. Of course you remember the healing waters are right over there in case we get hurt."

He looked up, "There was also supposed to be a temple or something around here where most of our treasures were kept. Ya know...sorta like how mummies buried their ponies' with valuables. I think it's around here somewhere. Though it's directions are in some stupid riddle that I can't figure out. It might contain things even I don't know."

He took a few steps back, and jumped in place to psyche himself up, "Alright. You wanna finish the tour first? Or you wanna half-kill me again? Although, I think the tour should be first, because I might pass out after the fight if I get hit too much. Whatcha wanna do?"

Xiang panted heavily as he lowered down to the ground, keeping his eyes locked on Violet's. There was no denying it; this young mare was skilled.

"You are no doubt well trained," he admitted, smiling at her, "Your master seems like he would be a friend of mine."

He stood down, sitting onto his haunches. "I am not ashamed to call off this spar. I am satisfied with what I've seen... and as strong as I am, I am still old, and my body can only take so much."

She visibly let her guard down, starting to pick up her leg-weights from the ground. "Thanks...Your, uh....A pretty strong old guy, too. Mind if we meet up again, to discuss our styles, and stuff?" She asked, putting the leg-weights on, and stretching a bit. "Oh, and I'm wondering if you have any pupils, too..." 

Yuki put her hoof on his shoulder, "Look at me," she said in that assertive, yet, caring motherly tone, "Your niece will grow up to do great things. Just let her do what she likes best, and find her own path in life. Whether it's the same as yours or something different should not matter. What matters is that you should support what she wants to do regardless."

She let go, and spoke in a lighter tone, "Now, of course it was very difficult for me to let my little Icey go down the path of an adventurer, but I eventually came to accept it when I realized that one day, he would be able to take care of himself." She looked at Zenru with warm eyes, "A parent or guardian has to be understanding. And put their child's best interests first and foremost. Can you do that for her?"

"...Its not uncommon for a Swiftwing to die in action...My skill is exceptional, and that's why I've lived as long as I have...That's all I'll say," Zenru commented, standing up. "I'll be sure to come by later, to pay you for my request. For now...It was nice eating your home-cooked meals, along with hearing about the Ice Clan, and your hopes for Ice."

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured

Rhetoric nearly balked in surprise. "Wait really? I haven't even told you what this is all about..." 

He couldn't help but pull a smile across his face "But if your 100% sure, I'll take you too the unicorns who will be aiding us. Word of warning, one of them is indeed the one who confronted in the Forrest. but if you give me time to explain her story, I'm sure you'll understand at least some of her actions" 

He began walking and wondered if Trixie would follow him, how was it he was always leading someone, it didn't seem he was very good at it 

She visibly let her guard down, starting to pick up her leg-weights from the ground. "Thanks...Your, uh....A pretty strong old guy, too. Mind if we meet up again, to discuss our styles, and stuff?" She asked, putting the leg-weights on, and stretching a bit. "Oh, and I'm wondering if you have any pupils, too..." 

Xiang started rolling his shoulders, loosening his old joints as Violet gathered up her things.

"I'd be delighted to, you're the most skilled youngster I've met in a long time," He smiled, and nodded, "I did, but she graduated from my teachings not long ago. In fact, I heard she was in this city. Jade Lotus, her name is."

"...Its not uncommon for a Swiftwing to die in action...My skill is exceptional, and that's why I've lived as long as I have...That's all I'll say," Zenru commented, standing up. "I'll be sure to come by later, to pay you for my request. For now...It was nice eating your home-cooked meals, along with hearing about the Ice Clan, and your hopes for Ice."

Yuki smiled at him, "You are more than welcome. Come back whenever you want, sweetie." She began to gather up her things in preparation to begin working, "You won't be disappointed with my skills." She looked at Yrel, "Hope you enjoy the city, little one!" she said with a bright smile.

@@Unicorncob,

A pegasus was silently flying through the air above bangcolt. It had a mission to complete, several missions in fact. It was ready to move. It was silent but deadly. Nothing would deter it from doing what it does best. The only thing it wouldn't do....is kill for no reason. It flies above the area....looking for someone who would alledgedly assassinate Countess Coloratura upon her arrival to Bangcolt, "Who to question first....." It saw a griffon. He looked like he could be of use.

Karas walked up to him, "Excuse me."

A pegasus was silently flying through the air above bangcolt. It had a mission to complete, several missions in fact. It was ready to move. It was silent but deadly. Nothing would deter it from doing what it does best. The only thing it wouldn't do....is kill for no reason. It flies above the area....looking for someone who would alledgedly assassinate Countess Coloratura upon her arrival to Bangcolt, "Who to question first....." It saw a griffon. He looked like he could be of use.

Karas walked up to him, "Excuse me."

Strix was leaning against a wall, as he often did when he was bored, awaiting something to occupy his time. No one was coming to him with jobs, or even acknowledging him aside from parents dragging their curious foals away from him.

He rolled his eyes. Cowards.

And then a pegasus landed in front of him, actually getting his attention. He took a moment to wonder where he got his dorky outfit from before answering.

"Yeah?"

Strix was leaning against a wall, as he often did when he was bored, awaiting something to occupy his time. No one was coming to him with jobs, or even acknowledging him aside from parents dragging their curious foals away from him.

He rolled his eyes. Cowards.

And then a pegasus landed in front of him, actually getting his attention. He took a moment to wonder where he got his dorky outfit from before answering.

"Yeah?"

Karas spoke in a voice that had an unintelligible gender, "I have word that somepony plans to assassinate Countess Coloratura when she arrives to Bangcolt. Would you have any idea who it would be?" It asked this griffon. The griffon looked as if he had some level of street smarts, so he decided to ask him where someone like that would be.

Karas spoke in a voice that had an unintelligible gender, "I have word that somepony plans to assassinate Countess Coloratura when she arrives to Bangcolt. Would you have any idea who it would be?" It asked this griffon. The griffon looked as if he had some level of street smarts, so he decided to ask him where someone like that would be.

Strix raised an eyebrow, his curiosity peaked at last. An assassination, and on a celebrity as well. That'd prove interesting.

"The singer?" He asked, before giving his shoulders a shrug, "Haven't heard a thing about that... though, where did you pick that up?" He turned it on the new pony.

"I... no. I don't remember where I grew up," she lied. Friends though they were starting out to be, she was still wary about revealing her identity; she'd found out on at least one occasion that ponies she'd thought had been by her side before fast turned her back on her when they discovered her true identity. "I was found outside the forests of Ponyville, abandoned, and raised by a nice couple that lived there. I've been living there all my life."

"Wow," Amber said, pausing as she set up the machine.

"That's very fascinating." She considered asking her the typical "aren't-you-curious-about-your-real-parents" question, but held her tongue for the time being.

"My two best friends also don't know their biological parents," she said instead. 

"They both grew up in an orphanage for a bit. I guess I wouldn't have met them otherwise," she mused.

Edited by AmberDust

Strix raised an eyebrow, his curiosity peaked at last. An assassination, and on a celebrity as well. That'd prove interesting.

"The singer?" He asked, before giving his shoulders a shrug, "Haven't heard a thing about that... though, where did you pick that up?" He turned it on the new pony.

Karas chuckled at the griffon. Does he really think it's going to tell him anything? "Who I work for is not of your concern. All that you need to know is that there will be an assassination attempt. If you are not able to help, or given any information, then I suggest you get out of my way."

@Unicorncob

"I am," she responded, without an ounce of hesitation. Of the many times that she had been asked that question in the prevailing minutes, each time her resolution had changed in the process. This time, however, it was absolute. There was nothing she wanted more than the truth. "I'll do whatever it takes."

-------

@J.R.

"I... think i'll take the tour first," she responded as she moved around him, gazing at the setting she was sure now looked twice as good as it did when she was last here. Bright, vibrant colors, with a tantalizingly blue sky and crystal clear waters... she had to hold herself to keep from nearly fainting again. "I am not letting this chance slip by again!"

------

@The Down Trotten

Trixie kept walking, eager to get to wherever she was going. In the back of her mind, she knew that she had no idea what was going on, and that she could be walking into something that would risk her life. But, she still had to do this. Going back to where she was wasn't an option. "What's her name?"

-------

Rain Shadow turned her head as she moved. Difficult, considering the machine she was carrying. "So, your friends grew up in an orphanage? Umm... If you don't mind my asking, did you grow up there too?" To be honest, she had no idea if that was improper or not, or whether it was a stupid question, from a ponies perspective. Time to find out.

@@Fractured,
Ice looked in his grandfather's journal for directions, "Hm....now where is...." He noticed Rarity moving, and looked at her hooves. She was about to press a button, "Rarity back u--" She had pressed the stone button one the ground.

The button she pressed made a huge temple rise in a clearing a few yards away.

East-Mabon.jpg

Ice flipped through his book to find one that looked exactly like it on a page, "The Icelandic Temple. Home to some of my family's spirits and treasures." He walked alongside her, "It says in my book that only those of Ice Clan Blood...or those whose spirits have become close to those of Clan blood, can enter." He flipped through more pages, "Valuable artifacts such as clan clothing, treasures, and toys are kept in here, Rarity."

He looked at her, "You'll be able to pass through with me, Rarity. Wanna go in? You could get more ideas."

Karas chuckled at the griffon. Does he really think it's going to tell him anything? "Who I work for is not of your concern. All that you need to know is that there will be an assassination attempt. If you are not able to help, or given any information, then I suggest you get out of my way."

Strix scoffed, raising an eyebrow in amusement. "Well, someone's jumpy today. Can't a griffon be innocently curious without being warned not to go anywhere or do anything?"

The griffon's beak clicked. "Something tells me it's you organising this little party."

"I am," she responded, without an ounce of hesitation. Of the many times that she had been asked that question in the prevailing minutes, each time her resolution had changed in the process. This time, however, it was absolute. There was nothing she wanted more than the truth. "I'll do whatever it takes."

Starlight gave her a single nod, and began walking back toward the town, heading in the direction of the train station.

"We should get moving quickly," she said, "I assume you want this over with as soon as possible."

@@Unicorncob,

Karas now had a flat look on its face, "What makes you say that? I get  paid more for protecting a celebrity, than I do for killing a celebrity. That's just what it is. I have to maintain an air of secrecy, so believe what you want."

It turned its head back at the griffon, "However, if someone were to help me, I might be able to cut a deal."

Trixie kept walking, eager to get to wherever she was going. In the back of her mind, she knew that she had no idea what was going on, and that she could be walking into something that would risk her life. But, she still had to do this. Going back to where she was wasn't an option. "What's her name?"

@@Unicorncob

Rhetoric was finding he had to trot lightly to keep up with Trixie "Her name is Terra... we should hurry, I don't want them to leave without us, I'll explain everything else on the way" 

Rhetoric then retold the happenings form when he lost himself in the woods, saved by Terra, to their interview with Celestia and Luna, to their recruit-ion of Starlight Glimmer for some time travel 

Then there in the distance he saw the two unicorns "HEY WAIT UP FOR US!" 

Rain Shadow turned her head as she moved. Difficult, considering the machine she was carrying. "So, your friends grew up in an orphanage? Umm... If you don't mind my asking, did you grow up there too?" To be honest, she had no idea if that was improper or not, or whether it was a stupid question, from a ponies perspective. Time to find out.

"Oh, no, I didn't, No," Amber said waving her hoof dismissively. "I suppose I did make it sound that way, eh?" She smiled sheepishly as they lowered the machine onto the ground.

"No, my brother volunteered there a lot, reading stories to the fillies and colts and helping them with schoolwork and such. He sort of introduced us," she said. She considered the thought.  Yes, that was quite a long time ago.

"Anyways, one of those friends lives in Ponyville now, too, and she convinced me to move there as well. It's not quite home yet, but I'll get used to it I guess."

@@Fractured,

(Just stopping by for a quick post.... I'll be able to fix this problem quite soon)

Falza kept walking ignoring any voices until he catches a glimpse of some ice just ahead inside his barrier's space.
"....hrmp" knowing a pretty obvious trick he stops and thinks for a moment before underestimating this approach.
Falza examined the ice sleet's border shape and also measured its width by moving the barrier side to side getting an ideal location for Sleight.
Now feeling prepared, he blasted Haze away widespread clearing the mist while thrusting his front half quickly running forward for a air-born dash, just gliding over the ice seeing her revealed,.... he stays hyper-active for any counter attacks.

Edited by DarkusX

@DarkusX

Sleight Mist blinked at seeing the mist cleared so quickly, but was altogether not surprised to see Falza so close. Nor was she worried; she had no qualms about getting in close, if necessary. For the moment, however, it wouldn't be; Falza would have more to deal with, as half the ice on the field shifted around her, jutting up into a four foot thick ice pillar, directly in front of Falza's face.

-------

@AmberDust

"I'd love to." Rarity then stopped; she hadn't though about it, but it was just now occurring to her what she would be walking into. The history of a clan long buried... as escorted by their last remaining member. How would she feel?

"Ice Blizzard... I will only do this, if it's okay with you. I know this place must dredge up a lot of painful memories of... before..."

-------

@Unicorncob@The Down Trotten

"Yes, I-" She stopped, as she heard the familiar voice. Rhetoric, flagged by somepony she vaguely remembered seeing in the forest. She turned to both of them.

"I... feel like I know you."

"Yes, Trixie. I was one of the ones you fought in the forest. Rhetoric risked his life to save you. Or me. Or, maybe both of us. But, that no longer matters. Somepony needs help, and I at least want to try to solve the problem."

-------

@AmberDust

"Oh! You live in Ponyville, too?" Rain Shadow gave a happy grin. "That's where I live, too!" Her voice calmed down a little, as the memories returned. "I was found by a group of bakers, in the forests outside of Ponyville. They took me in, and they let me stay, until I was capable of buying a house, and living there on my own. I've been there ever since. It's such an amazing place."

(edited)

@@Fractured,
Ice looked Rarity in the eyes, "...You're one of the only few ponies who I've become somewhat closer to recently, and..." He looked forward towards the temple, "...I feel like I can trust you enough to want to show you this." He trotted a few steps forward, stopping in front of the entrance to the temple, "What you are about to see......has only been witnessed by my family for centuries. Only recently have we been able to reason with the elders to allow others to see. Only those we are close to."

He looked at her once again, "If you see anything that you like, I will have to ask my ancestors to allow you to take it with you. But even if you are able to take something with you, you aren't allowed to say where it came from, obviously." He stepped up onto the stone stairs, holding his hoof out to her, "....Join me."

Edited by J.R.

"Yes, I-" She stopped, as she heard the familiar voice. Rhetoric, flagged by somepony she vaguely remembered seeing in the forest. She turned to both of them.

"I... feel like I know you."

"Yes, Trixie. I was one of the ones you fought in the forest. Rhetoric risked his life to save you. Or me. Or, maybe both of us. But, that no longer matters. Somepony needs help, and I at least want to try to solve the problem."

Starlight tilted her head and saw the new unicorn approaching. She squinted a bit, taking a few moments before she recognised her as Trixie Lulamoon. The lack of hat and cape put her off.

She was also fighting Terra earlier, which was quite peculiar.

"Trixie? The entertainer?" She spoke up, blinking with curiosity, "Not that I mind you being here, but... what are you doing here?"

"Oh! You live in Ponyville, too?" Rain Shadow gave a happy grin. "That's where I live, too!" Her voice calmed down a little, as the memories returned. "I was found by a group of bakers, in the forests outside of Ponyville. They took me in, and they let me stay, until I was capable of buying a house, and living there on my own. I've been there ever since. It's such an amazing place."

You mentioned me twice, by the way, as Rarity. I assume you meant to mention someone else? :)

Amber smiled.

"Yeah, its pretty great. A lot of crazy things have been happening around the area, too! That's how my friend convinced me to relocate there." She imagined that Rain already knew about all that--about The Elements of Harmony, about Discord, about the new Princess-- and it was all happening around this one tiny town in Equestria. What a fantastic, horrible place, she thought, barely concealing a wry grin.

Amber opened her saddlebag with a flash of orange magic. She was finally getting the nerve to try on the magic suppressor she recently purchased. It floated carefully onto her horn, with immediate results.

"Woah," Amber said, blinking stupidly and shaking her head, as if to dislodge something. She looked at Rain with a silly, confused expression.

"It's like having magical blocked sinuses," she said, and chuckled in disbelief.